• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which is more masculine diamond or pearl?

Which is more masculine diamond or pearl?

• Pearl

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Diamond

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • both

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know this because last time I got sapphire and that was more feminine than ruby.So know I dont want to make the same mistake.

Neither is overly masculine to be honest...

What does it matter anyway how masculine it sounds anyway, who really cares?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
lol. RL's right. Both have feminine qualities, though if I really were to compare the two I'd say pearls are moreso. They're pink, and everyone knows stereotypically pink is girly :p

Seems like a silly way to decide which game to buy, but each to their own.

For the record, blue is generally considered a masculine color, so I'd think Sapphire would be the more boy-ish color than ruby. In the end it's the same as diamonds and pearls, though. They're all jewelry women like to wear :p

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
yes, yes yes yes, BUT! I put the legendaries into account. Time travel just rocks, and is probably more masculine (IMHO). ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
How can you say that "Time Ruling" is more masculine than "Space Ruling"? I see no gender-associations there! XP

You shouldn't base your chose on that, it's just stupid. The other game could have pokemon you like that are not in the other version.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I base my choices on very silly things. This is very evident in my crazy choices at what to take in 6th form. ^^ And anyways, the Doctor's a guy and he travels time and space, so I had trouble choosing as it was. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I go by a mix of colors, the included Legendary, and the Pokemon included. If one version has a specific Pokemon that I really like and the other doesn't, of course I'm going for the first one. Like with Red verses Blue, Red had Growlithe and I've always loved that thing - so Red was my choice (not that I didn't end up with both games, tho).

Quite funny actually... I bought sapphire first because I bought red before blue all those years ago and wanted to do the opposite in this gen... The 2 pokémon I said to myself "I have to train" were Zangoose and Mawile... which are only in Ruby! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i usually get both (some how) like with ruby and saphire i won saphire and bought ruby before i won so that was pretty cool

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, but diamonds are a girl's best friend. Apart from me. Darkness is my best friend. ;) You may get pearl necklaces, but we always end up with the diamond rings.

I go by a mix of colors, the included Legendary, and the Pokemon included. If one version has a specific Pokemon that I really like and the other doesn't, of course I'm going for the first one. Like with Red verses Blue, Red had Growlithe and I've always loved that thing - so Red was my choice (not that I didn't end up with both games, tho).

Hmm...ya know, the only time I ever did that was when I was deciding between Ruby and Sapphire. I thought Groudon was ugly at the time, and liked Latias better than Latios, and both Kyogre and Latias were in Sapphire, so I got it.

This time around, I'm not so sure. I think I like Parukia better than Diaruga, but I dunno if it's enough to make me pick Pearl. Plus...I may have a pattern going. The one's I got first were: Blue, Gold, Sapphire, (Fire Red). So, if you go by color, you go with Blue, Red, Blue, (Red), but if you go by order, you get two, one, two, (one). So which one do I go with? Diamond is blue, but comes first! Waaagh! And does FrLg even count in my pattern? CURSE YOU, NINTENDO AND GAMEFREAK! T_T

On topic, I think neither are all that masculine. Maybe Diamond, since it's color isn't pink...but sheesh! It's a game that either way is going to be named after a gem worn by women! *rolls eyes* I think you shouldn't base your decision on the masculinity of the game...that's a bit silly, in my humble opinion.

Although, I picked Diamond in the poll just because, so my "humble opinion" may be hypocritical. X3

Status
Not open for further replies.