• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which game needs a remake?

Ever wonder why a game hasn't received a remake yet?

I always wanted Sonic Team to remake Sonic Adventure for the Wii U or 3DS because its pretty much the game that lead the way to future Sonic Games (Forget Rise Of Lyric and 06) also if the game got a remake the use of the Chao Garden in the 3ds would be very cool by using Street pass! The updated graphics and sound would make the game better and hopefully they would fix the camara system a bit.

Yes I do have a game that I want to have a remake and that is: Rayman!

I always wanted a remake for this classic mostly because of how awesome it can be with updated graphics and stuff. And also this remake could be on 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One, and Ps4! I bet if Ubisoft releases it, it would be a huge success!

The FF7 remake was my big one for many years so now I'm sort of left adrift. Huh. It would be cool to see an FF6 remake with 2D animated cutscenes in Amano's style, his art has this fae/otherworldly quality.

A lot of people have been calling for a Red/Blue re-remake on the 3DS, but I'd like to see a multi-region game encompassing Kanto, Johto, the Sevii Islands, maybe even the Orange Islands from the anime, get them in there, etc.

I'm still confused why they haven't made a Pokemon Snap sequel, it would work really well with the 3DS or Wii U or both and it's fondly remembered by many people I've talked to online.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
/cough Every Old Tales Game Everrr

I honestly wish if they could redo Eternal Sonata, considering that there were other diagnosises besides Tuberculosis. The game makes you think that he in fact did have it, but rather the research shows that his disease was unknown. The ending also needs an uplift as well.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Oooh. This is a really tough question, not least because you can't just list your favourite old games. After all, some of the best games would be utterly ruined by being remade - and some of the ones I'd love to see get a remaster already have. Here's a random example of what I think I'd like to see:

Command & Conquer/Red Alert

cncgold1.jpg

The original Command & Conquer was released in 1995, and was the successor to Dune 2, a game that is broadly speaking responsible for RTS games as we know them today.

Developed by Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberium Dawn was known for its use of live-action, full-motion cutscenes between levels, and featured a global battle over a mineral called Tiberium, between two opposing sides; GDI and NOD.

It, along with its alternate Cold War spin-off Red Alert, were my introduction into real-time strategy games - the goal was to collect resources and build up a base, use that base to build an army, and ultimately defeat the other players on the map.

Unfortunately, both games are excellent, but have really not aged well. Unlike modern RTS games, there's no build queue - instead of being able to tell the game to build multiple soldiers by clicking multiple times, you had to click on the right icon, wait for the timer to expire and the unit to be built, then click again to trigger another build. The graphics are average by mid-90's standards, and the maximum resolution doesn't even approach modern computers.

Sadly, the chances of this game getting a remake are very slim... and the chances of it being any good are almost zero. Since Westwood was sold to EA and subsequently dissolved, none of the team who made the original are at EA anymore. And although Command & Conquer 3 was a passable game, they never made a fourth game. Never. Add to that the cancellation of the 2013 "Command & Conquer" game, which would have been free-to-play, and you've got a franchise that is almost certainly dead in the water.

But, you know, I can dream. Get C&C or Red Alert, shiny up the graphics, make it work on modern systems without having to hunt down patches, and give me some of the features I'm used to from modern RTS games. I'd be happy, and I suspect rather a lot of RTS fans would be too.

Might reply again if I think of any more!

Hmm... well, I've always been a fan of the Pokepark series. More specifically, Pokepark Wii. It's the first game I ever beat! But it's not so much a question of remakes than sequels... hey, that gives me an idea for another thread to post here!

Chrono Trigger. Fans have attempted to make their own more than once but were shut down, to the dismay of many.

Now what should that tell Square-Enix? The demand is there. It hasn't been forgotten, and is still beloved and regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. It's money. It would sell big time, RPG fans would rejoice, and it would maybe even help restore a bit of Square-Enix's reputation, which while still okay compared to some other companies has become a bit tarnished in recent times.

Fully 3-D world, maybe some tweaks with encounters, brand new ending cutscenes...it would be great. It wouldn't even have to be that graphic intensive, the cel shaded graphics of DQVIII with a little HD polish would be more than acceptable considering the art direction is literally the same from the same guy.

I wanted the Finding Nemo [PS2 Gamecube] game to be remade. It was so nostalgic. One of the best games I have played in the past. Now that I look at it, I realise that my Finding Nemo disc is scratched, and the only PS2 games I can play are Shrek 2 and SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie (Game).

I want it to be remastered and remade. Please make it happen.

I think that Pokemon B1&2/W1&2 deserve a 3D remake, with the S&M graphics and new megas. Another game that deserve a remake is Rayman 1. Seriously, imagine that game in 3D, or in 2D but with new animations and a remixed version of the old soundtrack.

Crash got a remake for the PS4, so I think that Rayman deserves one. Toy Story 2 for the PS1 and Digimon Rumble Arena are good candidates too. Those 2 games are so much fun.

A Rayman 2 remake for the PS4/Xbox One/Switch would be amazing. R2 is my favourite game of all times, because of it´s level design, characters and dark tone. It´s extremely fun to play. I highly recommend it to every one. The controls are G-R-E-A-T, controlling Rayman fills awesome. You can also unlock new abilities and fight giant bosses. The soundtrack is very catchy.

I would also want a Spyro remake, like the one Crash got, with the 3 games in 1. Something like, Spyro... Trilogy... (I´m not good at making names for videogames). The Spyro games are extremely fun to play, since you can unlock abilities in Spyro 2, play as different characters in Spyro 3, and travel around the different worlds in Spyro 1. The soundtrack was composed by Stewart Copeland, ex-drummer of "The Police". It´s very groovy and catchy.