• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which character do you play as in Super Smash Bros Melee

Which Character do you preferr to 'duke' it out as?

• Mario

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Doctor Mario

• Luigi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bowser

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yoshi

• DK

• Captain Falcon

• Ganondorf

• Falco

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Fox

• Ness

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Sheik

• Samus

• Young Link

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Link

• Ice Climbers

• Pikachu

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Pichu

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Jigglypuff

• Mewtwo

• Mr. Game and Watch

• Marth

• Roy

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
y'know, lately I've really been doing well as Ganondorf...kinda happy that now I have two characters that I can use to crush my brother...(he always uses link and just does Up+B, then occasionally Side+B, so I can't get too many hits on him usually)

i started out playing as link(huge zelda fan, still am XD) after a while i played as young link, but then i decided that i'd b to easy to read. Now i play as Caption Falcon or Kirby

oh, yesterday me and my friend who is practically obsessed with the game was playing as marth while I was playing as roy, and we beat my brother and his friend into a pulp ;D (they were link & young link, Fire Emblem vs. LoZ)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I use G&W or Roy.Roy because of his mega cheap OHKO attack that makes him lose 10%.Game and Watch
because of his omletes of DEATH!>:D

Who on earth do you play that is dumb enough to walk right into Roy's fully charged Flare Blade?!
also, my OCD prompts me to tell you that those are sausages that G&W flips...

Who on earth do you play that is dumb enough to walk right into Roy's fully charged Flare Blade?!

I was just about to tell him the same thing, don't feel bad. :p

Lucario looks like he'll play a bit similar to Mewtwo so... I'm hoping for that since I wreckd with MT.

But from the beginning Captain Falcon has probably been my main choice, just because I'm really good at timing "Farucon PAAUNCH!"

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
As StellarWind tried telling you, Sheik IS up there... though I don't see Zelda...

smashbros.com recently added Lucario to the updates, and from the looks of it... He won't control like Mewtwo much at all. He'll have a charge special, but that looks like about it.

One thing I'm going to love about Lucario is [glow=black,2,300]the more damage he has, the more damage he does!![/glow]
[spoiler-ish, even though I know everyone will read it]

I almost always play as Bowser..Mostly because I've always loved him to death and when I saw I could play as him (jeeze i'm thinking way back in the past it seems), I was totally excited and I just got good with him when playing against my friends. I play as Link sometimes as well.. ^^

If he's anything like me, it's usually the computer. You just gotta stand somewhere that they can't get you too easily, or on the edge of the stage if you've knocked them off, engage the charge and wait for them to close in. Sometimes I use it after a jump, too.

I dont face human opponents.I face CPUs,and they look like monochrome(black and white)omletes to me >>

BTW,most of us already knew that about lucario.Silly Ruko.SSBB is for kids!

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
in other threads people have been shunned by mods for even mentioning that [glow=Black,2,300]Falco[/glow] is in brawl... just look at the Hurt/Heal game... I'm just trying to watch my back...

Forgot about computers... I mainly play against people... sorry :p

w00t! Link! I stomped some kids at my school as Link once, so he's my favorite. (we used to be able to play gamecube at band until we got a new band derector :p)

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I am a huge Metroid fan, so I play as Samus. I've tried using other characters, but Samus has always been the one I've been most comfortable with.

Kirby. Because Kirby pwns. Seriously, absorbing other people's attacks and using it against them? Awesome! (You have no idea how many times I've pwned Roy with his own sword attack)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
in other threads people have been shunned by mods for even mentioning that [glow=Black,2,300]Falco[/glow] is in brawl... just look at the Hurt/Heal game... I'm just trying to watch my back...

Ruko... That was BEFORE the game had been released, and it was to save people who'd gone out of their way to avoid knowing. Also, it wasn't just for Falco. It was for all of the hidden charries that Smash Dojo hadn't formally revealed (and as they did reveal Snake/Sonic, they were included). That was it. For threads like these, I think you're fairly safe mentioning every playable character ;)

jigglypuff 4 life. i like jigglypuff cuz its rest attack is the best. i always destroy my friends with it. i hope she still has it in brawl. i cant wait to get it.

jigglypuff 4 life. i like jigglypuff cuz its rest attack is the best. i always destroy my friends with it. i hope she still has it in brawl. i cant wait to get it.

Jigglypuff does still have rest but it's weaker then the other games (however now it plants a flower on someone's head so if it doesnt kill them, it still adds up damage after the strike, which is helpful towards the next Rest attempt. =D )

My main toon has always been Kirby (god I love a well timed brick to the heads of my enemies), though I do use Link and Peach from time to time.