• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Which Ash Cap Pikachu Did/Will You Pick?

Which Ash Cap Pikachu did (or will) you pick?

• Original Cap Pikachu (Kanto/Johto)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Hoenn Cap Pikachu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinnoh Cap Pikachu

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Unova Cap Pikachu

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Kalos Cap Pikachu

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Alola Cap Pikachu

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Explain in topic)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
553195_Ash_Pikachu.png

Now that we've almost hit the end of the Ash's Pikachu distribution, I'm curious which Cap Pikachu ended up being the most popular with you guys. :) If you redeemed the code for one or two of them, which did you pick? Or maybe you went all out and reset your save file to get 'em all? Etc.

I'm excluding the special I Choose You! Cap Pikachu from the polling but feel free to share your news of receiving one if you attend the upcoming movie!

Anyways, myself, I ended up downloading the Original Cap Pikachu on my copy of Moon (purely for nostalgic reasons) and got Sinnoh Cap Pikachu for my copy of Sun. I'd really wanted a Unova Cap Pikachu, too, but ah well. Choices had to be made and ultimately Sinnoh's anime saga > Unova's anime for me. XD

I do have 1 question regarding the Capped Pikachu, I tried the code on my copy of Pokemon Y, but I wasn't able to redeem my Pikachu for some reason.

Otherwise, I'm for the Unova Cap Pikachu, point being, I love gen 5 so much more then most of the other gens.

I did the exact thing Linkachu did, though it was reversed between versions (Original for Sun & Sinnoh for Moon). While I picked the original cap Pikachu solely for nostalgic purposes (who wouldn't want an official pokémon league expo hat?), I also decided on the Sinnoh cap since DP was one of my favorite sagas and I wanted to use it as a guinea pig to see if you could use the Ash's cap Pikachu to perform Catastropika (surprisingly, you can't)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I do have 1 question regarding the Capped Pikachu, I tried the code on my copy of Pokemon Y, but I wasn't able to redeem my Pikachu for some reason.

That's because it's only available for copies of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. :'D
Do you own one of those games?

(Assuming you aren't just joking here, I'd suggest you check out our news reports about the distribution, too!)

Well, when the Orginal Cap Pikachu promotion came out, I was preparing to reset my game. So I grabbed that one real quick, and sent it to the Bank before I reset.

But the Pikachu that I chose later, (which is the one I would have gotten, even if i wasm’t gonna reset), was the Sinnoh Cap Pikachu. The whole region of Sinnoh is one of my personal favorites, and I really enjoyed the nostalgia. I even began to draw Pokemon, when I watched Diamond and Pearl, trying to draw the main character’s Pokemon (Torterra was extremely difficult for me).

And even nowadays, I prefer design for the Sinnoh Hat, and I don’t really know why I do. It just looks pretty neat! :)

As for the Moveset, I did some research and the Sinnoh Hat Pikachu also had my personal favorite moveset for Ash’s Pikachu. (I looked at the Bulbapedia entry for the Japanese release)
-Thunderbolt
-Quick Attack
-Iron Tail
-Volt Tackle

Mainly because Volt Tackle was Pikachu’s best move and he looked so cool when he used it. I was pretty upset when it was replaced by Electro Ball.

I took Sinnoh and Unova caps, though i'm going to reset sun next week as i'll also be getting 2 codes for the i choose you pikachu when i go to see it on the 5th. I had considered the kanto cap or resetting continually for all of them, but i figured the kanto ones will be the easiest to obtain in the future should i decide i have a rabid desire to collect them all. Sinnoh as mentioned by others was a natural choice as i loved ash vs paul. Unova was because even now i really dig that whole region

I've never been a particularly huge fan of the Pokemon anime (probably due to it's lack of availability outside of the movies when I was younger and it being too long for me to get into nowdays, especially knowing how much it likes the status quo), so I went with the Kanto cap as it's the most iconic and I don't really care about collecting all of them. If I'd had to choose another though it would have been the Hoenn cap, as I think it's the most episodes I've seen of the anime so it's kind of nostalgic for me as well.

For fun, I went with the Kalos hat Pikachu, just like it's design more
I don't plan on using the Pikachu in any of my teams