• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Where the Wind Takes Us - A Historical Fantasy RP

So the manor is his? Or does he just work here? Questions for another time.

"Yes, my name does mean "Eagle". If you cannot pronounce my name, call me that." Quauhtli said in a monotonous voice to the man who initially threw the knives. That was to be his final statement to the man until he felt trusted more by him.

He eyed the other two men, the ones with guns, and motioned with his eyes to put the guns away. No more holes in my body, thank you very much, Eagle thought sarcastically, now turning his attention once more to his wound. The leaf was doused in blood, and it was still flowing. Gah, that's my last leaf that I have at the ready. I can't take my bag out now, they'd assume things. Gah...

Having no other option, he replaced his leaf bandage, waiting silently and patiently for the re-arrival of Mint.

Edward placed the guns back into his holsters. "Had a crewmate once who had a similar injury. He was the one who did the medical things. Ended up having to give me instructions on how to do it. My hands twitch too much, I'm 'fraid. I just amputated it. He's still alive, matter 'o fact. Even a crewmate." He said, looking at Eagle's injured hand.

Zack frowned. He removed the cape from his head. He spaced out for what seemed to be a few seconds, but really was around hours. He felt embarrased due to his ignorance. "Uh, What Happened?" He asked, a bit confused. He then gave Devon's cape back.

Hey, I can take care of myself just fine, mister!

That was what Eagle would have said if he wasn't bleeding and/or at risk of being killed by any of the surrounding people within an instant. But he was. So he didn't.

Instead of back-sassing, he stared long and hard at his injury. The bleeding did start to slow down, which was great, but he was out of applicable leaves, and his uninjured hand was drenched in blood, as was the leaf he was using. While ranting on and on in his head about how much he officially hated throwing knives, he shook his free hand, the blood splattering on the ground. To a normal person, this would've been horrific. To Eagle, on the other hand?

I've seen worse. Suffered it and inflicted it, so... yup. Still bugs me, though.

Eagle reapplied the pressure after ridding his hand of the excess blood, staring once again at the wound. The knife apparently cut deep, but he was capable of moving his hand. Whether that was because of the injury's location or simply a tolerance to said injuries eluded his grasp, but instead of thinking too hard about it, Eagle stood patiently, waiting for the help that he was offered to arrive, or for an order to come his way.

Hey, he doesn't like taking orders, but if it means not dying, Eagle would take some if not most orders.

(Yes hackmaster. This should be your bit.)
"Aye, Devon. You have my word that me and Thomas will take care of mister bird person. Actually, I dunno about Thomas, but I'll watch 'im." Edward said. "Speakin' of which, I've been meanin' to speak to Arciot. Might as well come along with mister bird man." Edward grinned. He glanced around, than gestured the group closer. "Been planning a raid against a handful pirates some ways west. I want to clear it with the count before me and hopefully Thomas go and destroy 'em." He whispered.

Last edited:
(Nope, not yet. After Zack meets the Count, your character will be introduced.)
"The Count asked specifically that I bring the boy to him, and no one else." Devon said. "You can wait for your audience after the Count talks with him. Now, then," Devon turned to Zack. "shall we go? I can take you straight to the Count's study."

"Looks like I'll be taking emergency medical duty mister bird man. Where does it hurt?" Edward burst out laughing. "Don' worry. I've stopped bleedin' before. Now, I have cloth somwheres..." He couldn't find a cloth, so he just cut a piece from his shirt. "Never liked this shirt anyway." He said. Than he pulled a small bottle of alcohol from his pocket and dumped it all over the cloth. "Save it in case I get into a barfight." He handed it to Eagle. "Wrap it around your hand. It'll staunch the bleeding an' disinfect. If we knot it, you won't even have to hold onto it."

Eagle eyed the cloth warily before doing anything with it. It was supposed to help, so he accepted it. Plus, it wasn't like he had never seen anything like it before. He just preferred to use and was used to more natural methods of healing. Taking the alcohol covered shirt scrap- er... cloth, he braced himself for the sting that came when injury met alcohol. That sting came, and though he did visibly flinch, he didn't remove it. Wrapping it around his hand was an easy feat, but tying it into a knot would have to wait. He nodded with gratitude towards the first of the gun-users, still not wishing to speak much to the ones who could off him in a second if he spoke wrong.

Though, all this talk about the Count is making me curious... am I just dumb for not knowing about this person, or can I use my constant traveling as an excuse?

Unbeknownst to Eagle, he began to tap his foot impatiently. That was the first stage of Eagle's restlessness. He hated staying in one place for too long, unless he could call that place home. Before he knew it, Eagle was already pacing back and forth, walking in circles, doing something to get himself moving without leaving the general area.

Zack completey spaced out, once more. He snapped back to reality, still outside. He frowned. He embarrassed himself twice now. He just nodded his head in approval hoping not to get in trouble.

"Right!" Devon said. "Then let's go."

He brought the boy through the long, winding halls. The long hall was very fancy, with seven doors on each side. Mao came out of the door of the servant sleeping area, a small bandage on her hand. "Hey, Mao!" he said, walking past. The two came up to a large door. The door belonged to the Count's study, of course. As always, Vladsky held a vigilant guard. "The Count requested I bring the boy to him upon return." he said.
"Da." Vladsky responded. "Go ahead." The large man opened the large door, allowing Devon to step through.

(Not a small bandage, she wrapped them around her handS
She grabbed a boiling kettle with her bare hands)

Mao gave a wave and a forced smile. She then realized she had left her glasses somewhere, and went to look for them.

Zack frowned, walking through the large, elegant halls. He frowned. "Yep, I'm definitely going to get lost!" He thought. They stopped at a door, it was being guarded by a guard. "So, this is where he must me?" Zack thought, waiting to enter.

(I figured she'd be trying to hide it.)
"Yep." Zack said, entering the room. "Come on in." The two walked inside the chamber. The room had bookcases and large windows on both sides. In the center, up a small flight of stairs, was an elegant desk. In the desk sat Count Arciot, reading a book. Devon kneeled before him. "My lord, I have arrived with the boy."

Zack let out a sigh, entering the room. He felt worried, and nervous. He wasn't sure what to expect, something good, or something bad. Someone nice, or someone mean. He didn't know, nor did he ever hear of Count Arciot.

Defeated, Mint watched, brow furrowed and a frown on her face, as the others entered the house, walking over to the Count's chambers. She felt bad for not being able to help Eagle with his wound, but since there was nobody around that could help and she had no medical experience what-so-ever, she knew there was nothing more she could do. Holding her forehead in her hand, the red-brown-haired woman watched the others, her olive green eyes shining with sadness. "Oh, man..." she whispered under her breath, knowing she'd have to apologize to the male once he, too, entered.

(sorry for the wait guys)
"Thank you, Devon." The count replied to the others. "And you brought him in a matter of days, you never cease to amaze me. Please." he pointed at the tea. "Help yourself."

Cautiously, Eagle halted his pacing and followed the men and the boy to the Courts Chambers, or so he had heard it was called. Along the walk, he was kept in his own thoughts, thoughts about where he was, the likelihood of being killed, the gravity - or possible lack thereof - of the situation, these people that he was with, and the boy. These thoughts kept circling in his mind until they finally reached their destination.

The Count seemed nice enough. He praised the man who threw the knives - Devon, as stated by the Count himself - and invited him to have some tea. Part of Eagle wanted to have some as well, but he remained standing still, hand still habitually on his 'bandaged' wound. He looked around the room for Mint, the woman from earlier, and lo and behold, she was there. He waved to her with his uninjured hand and mouthed a "hello" to her, not wanting to make any noises around the count. For all Eagle knew, this count person could easily off him, or have someone else off him.

I feel so dumb for not knowing who he is and what he's all about, but I still feel... small... compared to him. The way everyone here reacts to him... this guy's gotta be important, really important, no doubt.

Just as Eagle was about to move towards Mint, he froze in place, realizing that he probably shouldn't do anything that would raise suspicion. After all, it wasn't every day that a semi-injured man with a spear just casually strolls into the Count's Manor, or so he assumed. With another wave, he returned his attention to Devon and the Count. He mouthed another "hello", though this one was accompanied by an awkward bow of sorts.

Standing upright, facing the group that was a few feet away, Araminta tried not to giggle at Eagle's odd behavior. She kept her good posture as she waved back to him, a small smile present on her face, before returning to its original position. Again, she received a wave and even a little bow from the same man, and the giggle grew in volume ever-so-slightly. For the second time, she managed to quiet herself down, mouthing the word 'sorry' over to Eagle while he still faced her. She still felt bad for not being able to help him earlier, and she'd let him know later when she was able to speak to him.

Mao had failed to find her glasses, but came at Aricot's call. Her green eyes strained to focus. She nodded, going off to get medical supplies after told what to do.

"What'd I miss?" Edward asked. He had bared in, having retched himself of most of hangover. "Sorry I'm late. Had to... clean my veins." He said. He looked noticeably cleaner, having put on his captains gear, which looked rather nice and and had the added benefit of being mostly waterproof. He moved to stand next to Mint, and served as a contrast to everybody else's rigid posture.

(Nah, it's cool. @Blu Ace [is linked so that he gets the alert])
"Thank you, Count Arciot." Devon said. "As always, your words are kind. I don't drink tea, but I thank you for the offer. Now, the letter you gave me stated that you wanted to speak to the boy about why he is here?"
(HINT HINT GET THE PLOT MOVING)

Zack frowned. For once he was listening, bit he felt as if he wasn't a big deal in it. Which would probably explain his bad grades in School. He denied the offering of tea. "No thank you, I'm good." He smiled.