• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Where in the World?

Okay so I didn't see any thread in the first two pages about this, but which country would you like to visit (or live) the most? Why?

Personally, I'd like to visit Sweden. It looks like such a beautiful country, not to mention all the Viking history. From what I've heard it is an extremely friendly country which is fine by me (I don't like antagonism). I'd have to go when it's a bit warmer however, I'm absolutely terrible in cold weather.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
This is a good forum idea and should have had a thread already. I have many countries I'd like to visit later.This is just the three that are tied.
Japan. I've been so interested with their cuisine and their culture.I want to go see the kobotoya store and go to Yokohama arena.
Russia.I'd like to see Moscow, and St. Petersburg (just for the atmosphere)
Last but not least I'd like to visit Poland. To see Warsaw and the true loyalty of the polish people. (I am totally fascinated about the Warsaw uprisings.)
Some countries that still need a mention that weren't in my top 3, England and Germany.

i really want to live in japan. im going to move there sometime and stay there. id get to go see many things im interested in and eat good food.

for vacations probably london. i havnt been to another continent and im kind of upset that i cant but the place i want to go most to for a vacation is london. ive seen that its a very cool place

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can finally answer this. XD

For the majority of my life I've lived fairly contently in Canada. However, since visiting England I've been properly toying with the idea of actually living there someday. I'm not sure how long I'd stay (6 months, multiple years, or potentially even longer) but I'd be willing to give it a shot if I could find appropriate work or had enough cash saved up in advance. As for why? Both for the experience and more personal reasons. :)

As for places I'd like to visit, that would be Japan, Scotland, and Wales. Thankfully two of the three places are fairly close together but I definitely want to get myself to Japan someday. Someday... xp

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Anywhere outside of wherever my parents are. I can't stand being around them anymore, and I really need to get away from them.

Austin seems like a pretty nice and decent place to live in, compared to the rest of Texas. I like it here a lot, the people are awesome and the city is fun to explore~ Sixth street is kinda stupid, though, and dangerous from what I've heard. I can't think of anywhere else I'd prefer to live in, so there you go XD

Anywhere outside of wherever my parents are. I can't stand being around them anymore, and I really need to get away from them.

Austin seems like a pretty nice and decent place to live in, compared to the rest of Texas. I like it here a lot, the people are awesome and the city is fun to explore~ Sixth street is kinda stupid, though, and dangerous from what I've heard. I can't think of anywhere else I'd prefer to live in, so there you go XD
Heed of what you wish, least it transpires into reality.. I wished the same before. I got my wish... Try to be grateful of what you have.. for those that have no face of a parent.

I meant to do some traveling this summer but I had some medical issues pop up instead, which is my life. -_-;;

I'd like to visit Iceland for its unique scenery and cool temperatures, as well as Cinque Terre in Italy, pictures of which have been floating around the internet lately. I need to make a pilgrimage to Japan as well.

Closer to home, I feel like I should see more of Canada/the US and take shorter trips to nearby places, like Newfoundland, northern Ontario, New York, Montreal, etc.

Ireland and Japan are two of the main countries on my bucket list. I'd also like to go to the UK, Greece, China, Brazil, Thailand and Canada.

Iceland, because I've heard good and interesting things. Also Scotland would be neat. I've been close to the border once or twice while in England but never got to visit there. I've been living in the New Scotland for most of my life, I should check out the old one some day.

When I first saw the title, I thought of "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" lol

Anyways, I want to visit Japan and France. Both of their cultures seem the most interesting to me.

I would like to live in San Francisco, seeing how most of my family live their and the weather is amazing. The only problem is California is an expensive ass place to live at.

Also Japan because, well I lived their for most of my life and I enjoy the culture there. I absolutely love the cities there a lot, but they are smoggy. My god the smog levels would make a New York resident blush.

When I first saw the title, I thought of "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" lol
Thank God I wasn't the only one! xD

I really want to go to college in London, and maybe I'll move in at some point. England is super fascinating to me, and it's only a sea away! Everything from the scenery to the food to the t.v. shows are absolutely beautiful! (To quote a certain robot movie star lol)

A close second would be Sicily, Italy. My great grandparents, grandfather, great uncle, and great aunt all moved from there a long time ago, and their Italian-ness has rubbed off on me in more ways then one. ( That's not supposed to sound as wrong as it does. xD ~ I know Sicilians dislike being called 'Italian', but it's what they are!) I've been trying to teach myself a bit of Italian, actually, in hopes of going there without the need for a translator. Let's hope this works!