• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Where did you go? (When White turns Black!)

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Role-Play Discussion! (http://pokecharms.com/threads/where-did-you-go-when-white-turns-black.14920/)
Read to Join! :nom:
Update: RP is not accepting anyone else, members filled.

The trainer slowly fought to open his eyes. They had been stuck together by the small layer of sleeping sand that had bounded his top and bottom lids together. He could feel it break apart as his eyes force open. He struggled with his blanket, he constantly moved ferociously in the bed, only to stop occasionally to stare at the wall. Everywhere his eyes had shift he swore he could see a silhouette of a ghost Pokemon, a Mismagius or a Chandelure maybe, he couldn't really tell. Until the soft sounds of multiple cars drove by his room window. Their headlights pierced through his blinds and slightly lit up the room, and the silhouettes of the ghost Pokemon he swore in his mind were there, became no more then his winter jacket and some of his cloths that hung from his lamp. The boy took a deep sigh as he shifted onto his back and gazed up at the ceiling. His right arm he brought up to cover his eyes from the car lights that still beamed into his room from outside. "I can't sleep" he said out loud to himself. "I guess I'll start early.." he said once again. He pulled the blanket to the side, the cold rush of air from his room quickly wrapped itself around his feet once they had hit the floor. Soft taps here and there from him as he walked to his bathroom and closed the door silently careful not to wake the slumbered Pokemon in his room.

The light breeze from the door after it was shut gently, lifted the edge of a piece of paper that had been laid out on the boys desk. Messy but legible it read:
Dear Yonnie De Carlo,
Alola cousin! Kukui here. It's been a while since I've seen you truly! I've heard you've grown into quite a young man from your parents. How are you and your parents? Your father is staying out of trouble I hope. I wrote this letter to you because I heard you will begin a journey soon and I wanted to be the first one to snag you up! Have you heard of our brand new Pokemon League? and our Champion Sun? I wanted you and three others to join me here in the Alola region and take on the challenge, but some of the Kahuna's are on vacation sadly )': So instead I'm inviting you four here to get one of your own alola region Pokemon and maybe take care of some trouble for me!

See you soon!

Professor Kukui
Yonnie, as he took a shower, recapped his last visit to Alola back when he was eight. The water trickled rapidly from his hair to his bare skin, it was warm and comforting. He stood so still almost like a mountain, the sound of petter pattered water drowned out the haunting yells of fist that smacked up against his skin and his younger voice yelling stop to those fist from long ago. He reached for the dial and turned off the water. The bathroom was covered in a thick warm mist and Yonnie grabbed both of his towels, one for his lower body and the other for his head and face.

When he opened the door, the lights were on in his room. His Leafeon, Nani, was wrapped around his Chimchar, Hao. The poor fired monkey was still fast asleep even with the lights on. Giga, Yonnie's Father's Haxorus has taken a spot near the boys cloths. Yonnie couldn't help but cock a smirk on his face, Giga had become so obvious of the kid he knew he'd try to sneak away without him. "Giga, I wasn't going to leave you." he said as he walked by the Pokemon and grabbed his cloths. Giga stared at him, Yonnie could feel how deep the stare was, it was strong and slightly burned. He knew that Giga didn't like when he left him anywhere and to be honest Yonnie didn't want to leave him anyway.

Once he dried off, one by one he suited up to leave the house without anyones acknowledgement. It would be hard for him to say bye to his mother, and he didn't want a long speech from his father about not to trust anyone and always train with Giga, but he knows his father means well. Maybe the real reason was because, he was more concerned that his father might make him revisit his hometown once he got to Alola. Nonetheless he had to leave before they woke up.

After he was dressed, Nani brought over the bag that Yonnie's mother had made for him. He smiled and ran his hand over her head. The leaves that made up her body were warm and soft. Nani smiled and purred against his warm touch and Yonnie extracted the bag from her mouth. One by one he placed the items he knew he would use on his journey. Pokeballs, Potions, Poke Beans, Athletic Gear, Sleep wear and a change of cloths and underwear, a water bottle and a new wallet with a good sum of money already in it, His ID and Passport.

He grabbed the three Pokeballs on the table and smiled. He held up one, which was pointed at Giga and the other was Pointed at Nani. "Alright let's get going shall we" he said with a soft grin on his face. Nani cooed as the red light beam broke from the ball and surrounded her body, It looked peaceful and often times Yonnie would wonder what it would be like. Next was Giga, but he wouldn't go easy. He held the ball down for a second and had a eye to eye showdown with this harden Haxorus he called a guardian. "Giga, I promise.. I won't leave you." Giga couldn't help but shake its head. The trainer understood what that meant and only could chuckle because he couldn't blame the poor dragon. Yonnie held the ball up and sure enough the beam engulfed Giga as well. He placed them both on the side of his pants along the poke belt that was given to him by his dad. It ran up and down instead of the usual around his waist. Chimchar or Hao was still fast asleep on the bed, Yonnie carefully picked up the young Pokemon and carried him to the door. He took the letter from his desk and as he opened the door and took one step out into the hallway, he looked back at his room and felt a sense of determination to finally become the trainer he's always wanted to be. The lights went off with the flick of his wrist.

Once outside Yonnie locked the front door to his house, It had become as foggy as it was in his bathroom. He placed his hat on his head and held chimchar under his shirt close to him and began his walk towards the dock. Where he will begin his adventure to the Alola region.

Last edited:
Dear Izzy Luu

Alola! Kukui here. I heard you are one of Snowpoint City's finest trainer! I've heard you've experienced many battles. I get my sources from your aunt, Sabrina. How are you and your family? I hope everything is great. I typed this email to you because I heard you will begin to journey again soon and I wanted to invite you to our brand new league! Have you heard of our new and first Champion Sun? I wanted you and three others to join me here in the Alola region and take on the challenge, but some of the Kahuna's are on vacation sadly )': So instead I'm inviting you four here to get one of your own Alola region Pokemon and maybe take care of some trouble for me!

See you soon!
Professor Kukui

Izzy's eyes darted side to side as she read the newly opened email. Her cheeks turn a blushed pink and her eye lids grew bigger each sentence she passed. Izzy could not believe what she had read. The young adult had only heard stories of the Alola region and it's original Pokemon. Winded from what she read, Izzy threw her head back in her spin chair and took a deep breathe only to quickly regain her thoughts and jump up in excitement. Her Raichu and Ampharos, who had been resting on the bed were suddenly startled by her loud crash and intense yelling. Izzy's mother had bolted into her room to see if she was okay, but when she realized her daughter had been yelling and jumping in excitement and not pain she patted her chest to catch her breath. "Nyaa! Izzy you almost gave me a heart attack!" she yelled. Izzy who had not been paying attention, was startled by her mother's sudden appearance and stopped mid way of her jump. She missed her step and had come crashing down to the floor. "Tss! Owie" she groaned as she winced and cupped her butt in pain. "Ah mom! don't scare me like that" she shouted, as she balled her fist up.

The sun burned so brightly in the sky of Snowpoint City, yet, it was still no more than twenty degrees outside and still a light flurry of snow. The small snowflakes clinged onto Izzy's window and from afar you could see her and her mother were in conversation. Izzy, a ball of excitement, had expressed great happiness to her mother through her body movement. With each minute that past Izzy's mother became excited herself.

"OH MY GOD YOUR GOING TO ALOLA! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU" she screamed. She rushed over to Izzy and gave her a giant mother hug and Izzy in returned hugged her mother back. They jumped up and down together in excitement, clinged to one another.

After thirty minutes of excitement with her mother, Izzy began to pack for her journey. "Hmm, I wonder who I should take with me" she said. Izzy was in a real dilemia, she had so many great Pokemon she wanted to bring, but since she will receive a new friend, she couldn't take all of them. Izzy looked over at Raichu and Ampharos, they looked back at her with such a gentle smile she couldn't help but blush and cuddle up with them. She couldn't take Rai and Ampharos because they need to protect her mother and father. Not to mention they power the house. She could take Audino and Whimsicott, they haven't traveled with her in a while. She could also take Teddiursa since he was brand new to her team and could use the experience, and Espurr as well. Izzy smiled, and quickly rushed up from the bed. "I'm ready to experience cute things again!" as she clenched her fist.

Hours later, after she retrieved her Pokemon and packed her cloths and grabbed her Airplane ticket, she closed her door and smiled. Her mother, Raichu and Ampharos had been waiting at the door for her to say goodbye. Izzy's tears wielded up in her eyes as she hugged them all bye and set off to the airport.

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Yonnie walked the streets of Pewter City as he made his way to the docks. Hao had woken up, which had been a good solution for Yonnie because his arms begun to become hot from the intense body heat of the small monkey. Hao had made his home inside of Yonnie's bag, as usual, and only his arms and head were visible. He seemed happy and well rested. Yonnie would occasionally look back at him to make sure he was still there. Hao had a bad habit of running off when he saw something interesting.

As he walked at regular pace, on a regular path, his mind had often flashed back to his younger days when he had visited Alola with his father. He could only cringe every time the imagery of fist popped up in his mind. He shook his head lightly to clear his head of those thoughts. He had grown stronger since then... no, he had grown more aware of himself and his strengths since then. Even though he was sixteen Yonnie was different from most teenagers his age, he had come to realize it when he had a heart to heart talk with his father sometime around his 13th birthday. He had expectations to live up too, whether it was of his father, His mother or his sister, He felt the heavy weights expectations weigh his shoulders down slightly. Nonetheless Yonnie wasn't gonna let it get to him, in fact he used it to drive him in his training and his Pokemons training.

Hao and Yonnie had arrived at the docks, It seemed deserted. The boats that had been tied to the old wood bridge, they swayed side to side, back and forth with the waves. Swoosh... Swoosh ... went the sound of the water as they lightly smacked against solid objects. The sea seemed cold and dark, it gave Yonnie the chills. The strong postured trainer slightly became uneased as he stared so deeply into the water. Maybe it was a fear, or maybe it was a dislike, to be honest he couldn't himself understand why he didn't like the ocean, and even though he wanted to conquer it, he just didn't feel the urge to do it quickly. Yonnie held his hand to his lips and called out "Hello! Captain Stern! Are you around?!" he shouted. Hao being a courageous Pokemon, also fell victim to the uneasiness of the sea before him. "Captain Stern! it's me Yonnie! Are you here?!" he shouted once again. Yonnie's face quickly became light hearted, had he missed Captain stern? he hoped not, it was his only chance to leave before his parents woke up. He didn't give up, Yonnie kept his search on for Mr. Stern. Eerrrrr! the sound of the board walk creaking each step Yonnie took. Ahhhh... a soft wavered sound came from the fog, ahhhh.. it said again softly but surely. The sound slowly made it's way towards Yonnie. It crept up slowly, a shadow hidden beyond the fog. As Yonnie turned his head, from chills that ran down his back, he met face to face with a scary face. "Boo!" said Captain Stern. Yonnie with a plain face stared at the old sea dog. "Oh, i'm glad I didn't miss you" said Yonnie with a smile on his face. The Captain had a disappointed expression. He rubbed his head and sighed "Jeez! that use to always work on you when you were younger, ya know. Now you enjoy Ghost Pokemon pranks" Stern groaned as he spoke. Yonnie couldn't help but laugh under his breath "well, haha, you know my pops caught a lot of Ghost Pokemon growing up so, they are all over the house, I had to grow out of it or I would be so scared now." The Trainer replied. Stern smiled and nodded, he gestured Yonnie towards his boat. "Are you sure you don't want to say goodbye?" he asked, Stern held the sail in his hands and hoisted it up as Yonnie made his way onto the boat. Yonnie nodded and replied, "I couldn't bare my mothers tears or my fathers speech, I believe this is the best solution for everyone." Stern nodded and they begun to pull from the dock and deep into the sea.

Once out onto the sea, Yonnie felt the strong rush of sleep take hold of his eyes. He might not like the sea, but as he floated on it's water he was relaxed and knowing that Captain Stern was there to watch over him made it even better. Yonnie laid his head down, he watched as the sea rocked back and forth, his eyes became even heavier until he finally was asleep. Hao sat on top of Yonnie's lap as he slept, the Chimchar knew he wasn't suppose to leave from his trainer's side, but he was so interested in the boat he couldn't help himself. Hao made his way towards Captain Stern and helped him. "Ahoy Hao, are you interested in steering the boat?" asked Stern with a big grin on his face. Chimchar nodded with excitement, he climbed his way up Stern's pants and under his shirt, out of his shirt and right on the steering wheel.

Hours later, they had arrived on the docks of the Alola region, Hau'oli Marina. Yonnie felt the strong beat of the sun down on his skin. His eyes slowly opened as he lifted his head from off the seat. "Ahh, it's warm.." he said. Yonnie tried to look around but his vision was so blurry. It wasn't a couple minutes later that he notice Hao was missing from his lap. "Ahh! Hao! where are you?" Yonnie scanned his head back and forth, all around. "HAAOO!" he shouted. "Calm down little man! he's right here" replied Stern. He appeared from behind the boat with Hao on his shoulder, Hao had been licking on an icecream. Yonnie cocked a smiled and took a relaxed breath, he stood up and made his way to the docks.

Moments later..

As Stern made sure everything was okay with the boat, Yonnie and Hao made there way into the city. Yonnie looked down at the Pokenav that Stern had gave him just before he told him he would be on his way. He smiled, then it slowly disappeared. The thought about his mother and father awakening in the morning and not finding him left a discouraging taste in his mouth.

As Yonnie walked the city, he searched for a Pokemon center, and maybe a cloths shop. The ones he had on was not appropriate for the weather of this region. There were a lot of houses, shops in the city. Yonnie looked around, everyone seemed happy, peaceful and at one with their Pokemon.

When Yonnie finally made it to the Pokemon Center, walked in and notice a hand full of new Pokemon and trainers. His curiosity struck him hard, he begun to engage in conversation with almost everyone about their Pokemon.

Last edited:
Izzy, alone in the cab, was on her way to the airport. She could feel her nerves slowly become worst. Her feet were jittery and her hands shook, she couldn't wait to get into Alola. "Ahh.. please cab driver hurry." she lowly said under her breath. The cab driver smiled as he looked back at the young female. "So are you starting a new journey young lady?" he said with a foreign accent. Izzy looked down, her face slightly nerves, she was an experience trainer and here she was being compared to an ordinary nooby. She took a deep breath and looked back at the rear view mirror, her eye gaze at the man's reflection. "I am not new to the journey sir, I'm just a little nervous" she replied. The man shook his head and admired the strength in her words. He turned back towards the road after given the nod of approval. The cab driver had nothing else to say to the young girl, and he couldn't help but chuckle once more. "You know you remind me of my little girl when she left for her very first journey over thirty years ago" he said, "She's all grown up now, and has her own family. I believe my grandson will soon start his very first journey soon too. It always does my heart good when I see young kids determine to fight for what they believe for" he continued. Izzy's harden stare, turned into a soft smile and a nod, she was touched by the man's story and felt a sense of accomplishment.

After they made it to the airport, Izzy, held the money up the man with a great tip. He smiled, full heartedly at her and thanked her repeatedly for the generous tip. Izzy waved as the old man drove off in his car and rushed herself to the check-in station, she couldn't help but wonder if the old man was sad when he spoke of his daughter, but she continued on with her walk towards check-in.

After Izzy checked-in with her bags and Pokemon, she made her way to the terminal, she took a seat on the chair closes to the door. She took a deep sigh and looked out the window as planes landed. She wondered whether Alola would be just the kind of adventure she needed to test her skills.

Izzy soon boarded the plane and in a few short hours was in Alola.

She left out of the airport. The intense sun beamed down on her body. The sweat quickly pooling under her long sleep shirt, and her tight jeans.,She searched back and forth for a Pokemon center or at least a clothing shop but no luck. She begun to walk down the street, people slowly start to crowd over to the Pokemon center.

(Sorry guys I promise my next reply will be better, I've got a lot of homework, so I wrote to my minds capability)

The morning sun crept through an open window. Cries from the wild Pokemon living in the Great Marsh filled the room with nature's music. Gommbur's eyes slowly opened, he sat up a stretched, and gave a giant yawn. Two Pokeballs rest on a night stand next to his bed. He grabbed them and darted downstairs. Already awake as always was his wife, Saryn. She was a lovely now as she was all those years ago, working as a Valet in Crasher Wake's Sinnoh Wrestling Federation. She and her Espeon were busy making breakfast "Good morning beautiful! Isn't it a wonderful morning?" Gommbur rushed to Saryn and gave her a peck on the cheek.

She gave a laugh and said with a wink, "It was til you woke up. Espeon and I were enjoying some well deserved peace and quiet." With a quick step, Gommbur grabbed a plate of eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy. "I'll take mine to go, Casher is expecting us and I still need to feed my partners." Sneaking another quick kiss, he dashed out the front door, "Goodbye my love!" In full run, he threw up his Pokeballs and with a flash, Snorlax and Crobat were ready for action. "Eat up guys, Sensei Wake said he had a surprise for us, and we needed to be full of energy and fighting spirit, so let's give it our all, ok?" Snorlax grabbed a large barrel of Poke food and downed it in 3 bites, "Snorlax, Snor, Snor!" Gommbur looked over at Crobat and threw 12 pieces of food into the air, Crobat zipped into the air and was able to snag all the pieces before they fell to the Earth. "Good, I think we're ready for whatever Crasher has planned for us."

Gommbur and his Pokemon made their way to Crasher's Gym, passersby shouting to them, taking pictures looking on in total amazement. Children cared more about the Pokemon, they were climbing all over Snorlax and trying to touch the tips of Crobat's wings. After they passed the mob of fans, faint music fell on the air, "The ring is my rolling sea. The towering waves shaped me. Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!
Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake! I’m the tidal wave of power to wash you away! Put out the fire, Crasher Wake! Run from electricity, Crasher Wake! Ah, ah, aaaah! The ring is my sea." As they approached the front entryway, Gommbur was met with a worrisome sight, Crasher was on crutches!

“Bwahahahahaha! Don’t worry I’m fine, I slipped on some ice made by Floatzel’s Ice Beam after a battle last night.” Gommbur caught a glimpse of Floatzel peering from around the door of the Gym, he looked crushed. “But don’t worry, this will not change what I have in store for you, I recieved special invitation from an old friend in Alola, Professor Kukui. But with my leg, I e-mailed him last night and told him I couldn’t go. But I recieved a response almost immediately and he asked if I had a suggestion for a suitable replacement, and my thoughts went immediately to you.” Crasher handed Gommbur a sheet of paper.

Dear Gommbur Steelheart

Alola Cousin! My name is Kukui, I've heard alot about you from Crasher Wake. How is your wife Saryn? Hope she is doing well. I wanted to extend an invitation to you to participate in our Alolan Island Challenge (Much like your Sinnoh League), and to meet our brand new Champion, Sun. Unfortunately, the Kahunas are taking a much needed vacation right now, but, I would still like you, Snorlax and Crobat to come meet some of the Alolan Pokemon and possibly help me with a problem I'm having on the Islands. I will have a ticket for you at Canalave town to Alola. I've sent out 3 similar emails, and you'll be meeting the other trainers when you get here. Well Cousin, we will await you arrival, oh yeah, and have a safe trip!

Alola for Now, Professor Kukui​

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
Yonnie had walked his way to the front of the Pokemon center, his eyes had gotten lost in the sea of new Pokemon that surrounded him that he didn't realize that nurse had been calling him. "sir? sir?" said Nurse Joy. Yonnie had widen his eyes slightly and blunk a few times, his mind finally grasped that fact he had came to the Pokemon center for directions. "Hello, how may I help you?" asked Nurse Joy, she could tell that the young trainer seemed new to the center or better yet the Alola region by the way he had been captivated by the Pokemon in just the center. Yonnie, with a blank stare looked back at nurse joy and after a few seconds responded, "Oh right, I'm sorry for my absent mindedness ma'am, can you help me?" he asked. Yonnie needed to get to the Pokemon lab of Kukui but his priorities slowly begun to fade away every time a new Pokemon popped into the Pokemon center. "Are you new to the region?" asked Joy. She held her hand up to her mouth and lightly chuckled at the young lads attire. "No one really wears long sleeves like that here in this region". Yonnie looked down at his cloths and slightly laughed himself, he realized that she was right, when he woke up in the boat he had been burning up from the sudden change in heat. "Yes but, I also need to find the Lab of professor Kukui. Can you tell me how to get there?" Yonnie paused for a minute. "Also where I can find new cloths as well haha" he asked. Nurse Joy nodded "Yes one moment" she turned her back to him and walked her way to the back room leaving her assistants Comfey and Chansey at attend the desk.

A few minutes after Nurse Joy ventured into the back, a group of trainers came storming in from the back of the center. They seemed to be distressed and they had been crowded around what seemed to be a Rattata, but it was black and looked different from kanto's Rattata. Yonnie with full curiosity made his way towards the children as Chansey and Comfey prepared a bed for it. The kids noticed Yonnie had made his way towards them and they turned to him, Yonnie in return bent down onto his knee and stared at the kids. The kids became slightly frightened by this mysterious trainer's straight face. "This is an Alolan Rattata correct?" he asked as he looked at the young trainer who had carried the Rattata. "Yes? so what?" the boy replied, "What type is it?" Yonnie asked. The boy cocked his eyebrow, but he was in panic and Yonnie could tell. "If you tell me I probably could help as well, it's up to you whether you want your Pokemon to get better" Yonnie said. The boy groaned and looked down at his Pokemon, the distress he had felt at that moment gave Yonnie his answer. He stood tall over the kids and picked the Rattata out of the boys arms and carried him over to Chansey and Comfey. The boy ran after Yonnie, but once he saw him give his Rattata to Chansey and Comfey he calmed down. Comfey had comforted the kids with its sweet aroma as Chansey pushed the Rattata to the back where they quickly begun the healing process.

sometime later Nurse Joy had returned with a cylinder shaped object in her hand and a slip of paper. She stood in front of Yonnie and smiled softly, She held the objects up towards him. "Here is a coupon for clothing at the mall not to far from here, and here is a Map. I've marked the area in which Professor Kukui is, I'm sure he's expecting you soon so get going ya" she said. Yonnie grabbed both of them out of her hand, he slid the coupon into his front pocket and opened the map. His eyes widen when he realized the map was digital and not at all on paper, the mixes of blues and greens glew in his eyes. Yonnie closed the map and held it tight, "Thank You!" he said with a bright smile.

Yonnie quickly dashed out the Pokemon center, where he managed to get one tracked minded again and ran past the mall for new attire. He could feel the beads of sweat quickly run down his back and forehead. He held the map out in front of him as Chimchar gripped onto his backpack. Yonnie seemed like a bullet in the eyes of strangers, he had moved so quickly others might have thought he was Pokemon on the go. Chimchar flowed in the current of the wind as Yonnie ran, until he crashed against the trainers back as he came to a full stop. "Hmm I think this way" he said as he held the map up so he could see it past the light. Yonnie's head scurried side to side to check his surroundings. "It's over there" he said as he pointed out a small hut on the beach.