• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your monitor/screen size and resolution?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Recently I've been wondering the type/style of monitor and the resolution the majority of users here have - if there even is a majority. So, share away :)

Unless you count my usual work computer - which looks to be an old square 17" monitor and has a resolution of 1024 by 768 - I've been using a laptop with a 17" wide screen for over a year now. I can't recall my exact resolution off-hand, but it's a nice screen with good color quality. Mind you, the screen size makes it fairly heavy and not really ideal for travel (doesn't fit properly in my old University bag which is built for laptop carrying), but I like it well enough.

I wish I could remember the specs of my sister's monitor... That thing's a beast >_>

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I recently bought a shiny new 20" widescreen Samsung, which displays at 1680x1050. ^^ As well as that, I've got another 15" screen that displays at 1024x768. The 20" is MASSIVE compared to my old 15", makes such a difference.

Honestly, if there was one upgrade I could recommend to anyone, it'd be to get a bigger screen. It really improves everything you do with the computer.

I think my desktop has a 21" wide screen, at 1600x1050 resolution (or something like that, it's big) but obviously I can't check it now. The lappie I'm using now is at 1280x800; I don't know the size in inches.

Hopefully, when my damnable excuse for a desktop starts to work, I'll attach a 15" square to it as well and have lots of fun. It'll help because soon I'll be editing a newsletter and I'll need the space.

My desktop uses a 19" monster of a CRT flatscreen monitor that I keep at the standard of 1280x1024 but can go all the way up to 1792x1344 if I could ever be arsed to change it. Only problem I have with it is lugging this thirty pound beast to LAN parties :3

I've got a fairly big (I'm so accurate with these screen sizes :p) 1280x1024 sized one. Works a charm for me.

Also... this reminds me, I'll post it here as well as in the shop. If anyone wants a custom sized wallpaper... feel free to ask. I'll do it for you if I know you well/you seem to have a brain and will last long here :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Well, my laptop usually displayed at 1280x800, but I decided to give a higher resolution setting a try. 1440x900 is kinda nice... If I get used to this setting I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to a smaller one, lol.