• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your favourite feature on Pokecharms?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's 7:01 AM. I'm bored. Sssh. XD

So, yeah, random question. Out of the five six major features currently existing on Pokecharms (err... 5 active and one out of order), which is your favourite?

This includes:
a) The Forums
b) The News
c) The Games Wiki
d) The PokeDex
e) The Trainer Card Maker
f) The Charms Chats

Disclaimer: You can love it, but DO NOT post here asking when the TCM will be back up. If you do I will personally delete your post and/or warn you. No stupidness in my thread or Linkachu won't be a happy Raichu. >=O

So, yeah. Choose and tell me why - because I'm bored and curious. ^^

Anyways, it's the forums for me. Always has been. But I do quite love the Games Wiki for giving me so much extra freedom with certain stuff.

Well, the Game Wiki and PokeDex are nice, but to be honest, I usually use other sites for looking up PokeMon information :x I do follow the news on PokeCharms, because it's much simpler and often better then on the other sites.

The Trainer Card was, like a lot of people, how I discovered PokeCharms in the first place. I loved making Trainer Cards, often very Sue because I was such a noob back then.

But no, I have to say that the Forum is definetely my favourite. Talking about my gaming experiences, RP'ing, nice conversations about daily life, RP'ing, discussing new PokeMon and my favourites, RP'ing, writing fics and poems, RP'ing...

Did I mention that I love RP'ing? :'D

EDIT: Maybe you should add chat as well, even though it's no longer actually on 'Charms. Because chat is funny as hell sometimes, a definite Nr. 2~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Tim Nordwind said:
EDIT: Maybe you should add chat as well, even though it's no longer actually on 'Charms. Because chat is funny as hell sometimes, a definite Nr. 2~

That's a good idea. I'll do it! 8D

[me=Linkachu]adds the chat too, because it's awesome~ [/me]

Database said:
The feature where I can ban people. :3
That is so typically you >>;

I'm a forumer at heart, always have been. Although, the chat is pretty epic in its own right as well :D

So I guess its the community which is my favourite feature ♥

A, C and D.

A: Without the forums, there would be no Pokecharms, and I would be on some other website.
C: I can look at the Pokemon's stats, what their names are, etc.
D: I can found out what shinies look like, what level they evolve, stuff like that.
That is all.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A little bit of everything, really. We have a pretty awesome community (barring a n00b or three, but these give me hours of fun as I disfigure them in a myriad of ways~) and even though I'm not always the most active, 'Charms is pretty much my online home. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I like everything about Pokecharms :3

I like the news 'cause that's how I learn about... stuff.
I like the chatroom 'cause I can talk to people and get to know them better than on the forums.
I like the TCM 'cause it helps me plan my teams for my RP characters.
I like the Pokedex 'cause it's really easy to look things up quickly.

I just like it all ♥

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hmm, I dunno if it's really fair to give my opinion, but I guess that I'd probably vote for the Forums/Chat, since, ultimately, they're the part of the site I'm most satisfied with.

The news, the Dex, the TCM, and to a lesser extent the Wiki, all require further development and work for me to really consider them satisfactory (to my own high standards of my own work) - but as far as I'm concerned, the forums are pretty solid.

Even the look of them right now is quite to my satisfaction - although said look will be changing soonish - but I think I'll miss this set up the most when it does. The set up of the boards and the staff, though, I think is pretty much spot on. The only thing I'd change is the modifications we have available - something I intend to look into later in the month.

Effectively, I could just sum it up as being quite satisfied with the community we've built up here. I look forward to seeing it continue to grow over the next year.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I really love the forums and chat, to be completely honest. I've always been a sort of community-type person, and posting on the forums made me feel like I was contributing to the community that I've been a part of for so many years. It's also one of the more fun parts of the site in my opinion. Chat was a great way to get to know others of the community as well, and through it I've been able to meet countless people with differing backgrounds, personalities, talents, whatever. It's also a great way to pass time/distract yourself, and all the little inside jokes usually start out in the chatroom as well.

I do use the Pokedex feature of the site as well, if only to figure out what kinds of Pokemon fit my characters, help out my friends in real life, or just find a particular sprite or something. Same goes with the Games Wiki, though because I don't have a game system anymore, I don't find these features particularly useful for me.

As for news... I don't pay attention to that anymore, unless you're releasing news about new Pokemon, games, or Pokemon names. :x And to be completely honest, I didn't even find Charms through the TCM, though I did enjoy playing around with it and submitting (poorly made) sprites for it. XD

So hard to pick D:

I'd probably say the forums are my most favorite, as they are what initially drew me to the site, and it's where I can firmly establish who I am and what I like to do. This was my first forum to ever be on, and it is the first thing I get on when I get online ♥

Chat is probably second, as that is some serious hilarity waiting to happen. 'Tis also easier to talk there than to PM spam, and is a really neat/fun way to get to know everyone ^^

The Games Wiki, oh lawdy, that is a maaaaaajor win. The way it's set-up and all is incredibly helpful in finding just what I need, and is in a nice, user-friendly layout. I'm on there even more than I'm on Chat, nowadays :x

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shiny Eevee said:
... though because I don't have a game system anymore, I don't find these features particularly useful for me.

Do your parents keep you in a cage or something? D:

Let's see...my two favorite features of Pokecharms are definitely the forums and the chat rooms. Seriously, I couldn't fully enjoy one without the other. After Pokeschool imploded, 'Charms became my new online home and I almost exclusively come here~

Forums/News. The Forums are a great place to meet sweet people, and I consider News to be sort of an extension of teh Forums because we all can still discuss there.

'Charms is the online home for most people and I too feel this way. I just left for a little while and now back. The community is just too awesome to leave permanently. ♥

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Linkachu said:
Shiny Eevee said:
... though because I don't have a game system anymore, I don't find these features particularly useful for me.

Do I have to repeat myself again? XD They smashed my DS because I got a 70 for a six weeks average. But yeah, you can say that they try to confine me in a cage in the middle of Siberia or something.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shiny Eevee said:
Linkachu said:
Shiny Eevee said:

Do I have to repeat myself again? XD They smashed my DS because I got a 70 for a six weeks average. But yeah, you can say that they try to confine me in a cage in the middle of Siberia or something.

That's... err... abnormally extreme. And wasteful. And just downright insane.

I feel for you, Shiny... ^^;

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I use a bit of everything, really. The Forums are where I spend the most of my time really, I stalk this place like mad. >:3 I pay serious attention to the news forum, both for info and to try and limit the stupidity from seeping into it. :VI try and help with the Wiki and it is very helpful to we when needing info on Gen V stuff, so it gets frequent visits and is just awesome. I use the Dex here and there, but sadly not as much as I used to (way back before I joined Charms it was my online Dex of choice). The TCM was what originally brought me to Charms, so I love the thing for that. And Chat is just so much fun and full of some of the greatest, funniest people out there and I totally just stalk around in there too. :'D

Erm.... I'll say Forums. It's always interesting to see what people will say. *points to the genderbender topic* ^^; I would like to say chat since I always find some funny stuff on the chatlog, but I myself can't personally say so, considering I've only used it once, and I'm not good at talking to people XD

As for everything else, I like the Pokedex. It was responsible for me getting half my sprites until now, and it always has some unique attacks for a Pokemon I'm raising. While I'm at it, I'll also say that the news segment is pretty neat. It's like a surprise almost every week :3 I like these surprises. And the last one would be The Games Wiki. I like how you guys keep it organized so its easy to find what you're looking for :)

Honestly, it's the reason I keep coming back to Poke-charms, the Trainer Card Maker. It's how I found this site and is the only one of its kind. Well, that is to say, only one that doesn't make me afraid that I'll get a virus or Mal-ware from it.