• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's your favorite pokeball?

what's your favorite pokeball? (excluding masterball for reasons you all may know)

• repeatball

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • timerball

• netball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • diveball

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • healball

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • quickball

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • duskball

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • cherishball

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • parkball

• dreamball

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • premierball

• sportsball

• fastball

• pokeball

• greatball

• ultraball

• safariball

• levelball/nestball

• lureball

• moonball

• friendball/luxuryball

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • loveball

• heavyball

• repeatball

• timerball

• netball

• diveball

• healball

• quickball

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • duskball

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • cherishball

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • parkball

• dreamball

• premierball

• sportsball

• fastball

• pokeball

• greatball

• ultraball

• safariball

• levelball/nestball

• lureball

• moonball

• friendball/luxuryball

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • loveball

• heavyball

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I'm more prone to the quickball, as it seems to have the highest success rate for most of the Pokemon I go after. At least, when it comes to non-legendaries.

I am quite fond of the Cherish Ball because of its unique design and color. Its dark red is quite pretty, and so is its opening animation.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Quick Ball, hands down. They've really helped helped me fill my PokeDex this gen (and last Gen), and it's surprising how many Pokemon they're able to catch. A lot of the things I've thrown it at I figured "I can't catch this with a Quick Ball"... yet I did. Saves so much time. Love them. ♥

Design wise, I'd say it would have to be the Net and Cherish Ball. The animations for both as you send out a Pokemon are very nice and detailed.

My favourite ball overall has to be the Quick Ball - it's perfect for nabbing Pokemon on the go and filling up your Pokedex. I think my liking for it increased even more when I caught Thundurus on my first attempt using a Quick Ball, too. The design's pretty nifty too (blue and yellow, aw yeah).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Ah, Quick Ball, how I love thee ♥

Like others have already said, the Quick Ball is great for catching Pokemon for your 'Dex, and it even sometimes snags you some pretty surprising Pokemon. I also really love the design. Teh blue is a pretty blue~

I do like the Dusk Ball's animation, and the design. I can't say I honestly bother with most of the other special balls. Timer Balls get used from time to time, but I don't like how they look, or their animation, so I avoid them if I can.

I like using the Heal ball for silly reasons. =D Since its the earliest special ball available, its what I use when catching female Pokemon, while male Pokemon use the Pokeball. Genderless critters and Legendaries have Ultra Balls to call home. As for usefulness though, Quick Ball is the way to go for me.

Quick Balls are handy, but Timer Balls are the way to go if you're trying to catch a Legendary (the wondering ones being the exception, then it's Quick Ball all the way).
I would say my favourite's just the plain old Poke Ball. There's something to be said for the classics.

I chose the diveball because I like it but the most useful is the quickball, I caught zekrom with one XD and also uxie. I use it everytime I catch any wild pokemon

I'm between the Heal and Ultra Balls. I'm leaning more towards Heal Balls because they heal! So I picked them.

I voted for Timer ball because not only does it look awesome, think about it, your poke/great/ultraballs aren't working, you've been carefully hammering them enough to NOT KO them, so what's the most practical one? I also love the dusk ball because most pokémon can be caught with them because of time and place, if it's night time in a dark cave, you've got a ball that's almost masterball level there, lol

Luxury Balls are great!!!! Especially when raising weak pokemon like buneary, budew, cleffa, misdreavus, riolu... ecetra, into there more powerful evolved forms!!! Happiness pokemon are difficult to raise but these balls make it so much quicker!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Ball, because when I was younger (back in the gold/silver/crystal days), I always went WOHOO! every time I got my first Great Ball.

Poke ball! It may just be an average poke ball. But every Pokemon has a chance of catching. Plus i like a challenge. Second favorite would have to be Premier Ball . Lastly, would have to be the Luxury Ball.

I love the Heal Ball and Love Ball, because their pink and I love their designs <333 Plus Heal Ball has the coolest effect.

My favourite would have to be the Quick Ball. It helped significantly in Generation 4, and onwards in Generation 5~
Namely on some tricky pixies in Diamond.

Hmmm... sort of a tie between Quick ball and Dusk ball
but i go with dusk ball because all the pokemon i wanted were either in a cave or out at night :)

Atma

Formerly Karu
In terms of design an preferability, Premier Ball. It commemorates my rare events ♥ In terms of reliability & usability, Call me an Ultra / Timer ball whore =V Obvi Master ball is supreme and the Cherish ball vomits colour but I like a little more simplicity.

I voted for the original Pokeball. Not because it has any special abilities, simply for the fact that its one of the main symbols of the series and makes me feel nostalgic :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Design-wise, the Dive Ball is my favorite. They're pretty. XD

Functionality-wise... Herp. Quick and Timer Balls both. Quick balls rarely worked for me though when they do work, it is awesome. XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As far as design goes, Luxury Balls win it for me. Black with gold trim is awesome.

In terms of function, Dusk Balls all the way. I consider them the best ball in the game (besides Master Ball obviously) purely because their "power up" condition is so easy to meet (just use them at night or in a dark place.) Quick Balls come a close second for times when a wild Pokemon I've yet to catch jumps out of nowhere, especially if it happens outdoors during the day, where Dusk Balls would render ineffective.

My all time favorite? It'd be the Luxury Ball. I just love how it was so rare back in my Sapphire and Emerald days. Close seconds would be the Dusk Ball and Quick Balls, but I'm quite fond of Premier Balls too. I kinda miss the Dive Balls and the dive routes though.

It would be Masterball, but since it's excluded, I say Ultraball. The Ultraball helped me catch most of my Pokemon in Platinum, including Articuno (Arti), Zapdos (ZipZap),and Moltres (Flamewing). 8)

By the way, the pokeball is sometimes very useful- When I was trying to catch rayquaza I threw one and it was too close but it failed -.-

I love the Dusk Ball, works great because I'm something of a night owl these days, and running into rare Pokémon during EV training? Perfect :D
Though for design I must say my favorite is the Luxury Ball. I wish you could buy them.

Repeat Ball. Once you catch a Pokemon once, any subsequent catches of the same Pokemon, looking for one with an ideal Nature, is much easier.

When it comes to design wise I like the Master Ball and the Premier Ball ,but for functionality I like the Dusk ball since 9/10 legendaries are in a dark cave of sorts and the extra bonus really helps out when catching them.

I absolutely love the premier ball, it's design is unique and I just like the way it looks, too bad it has no added effect :(

I can't believe I let this get three pages in and didn't answer lol

It's actually a tough pick for me because there are so many useful ones. I picked Dusk Ball for the sake of the topic, but the Dusk Ball, Timer Ball, and Quick Ball (and the Fast Ball by extension) all get props for helping me catch legendary Pokemon fairly easily.

My OG favorite was the Level Ball because it made it easier to catch lower level Pokemon without having to weaken them because I was lazy back then. Now I rarely use it or the Nest Ball. If we're going by just looks, I'll have to pick the Luxury Ball, the Love Ball, the Heal Ball, Dive Ball and the Premier Ball. The Net Ball has my favorite animation of any of the Pokeballs though

My favorite is the Quick Ball. It has a neat design, and it's really useful. That's that. I don't really have much more to say about that... :/

Also, the Ultra Ball gets an honorable mention. It's cool. I like it more than the Luxury Ball, because I don't like the red in the Luxury Ball.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Re: What's your favorite pokeball?

Really it's a tough choice for me. Dusk Ball is lovely but my heart belongs to the Ultra Ball. I have to throw so many of the darn things in every game when I'm trying to catch stuff though. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.