• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What's Next for 6th Gen? (Theories welcome)

So X and Y just released in October, but I'm already bored since I've beaten the storyline (twice now) and now I'm just patiently waiting for Pokemon Bank. However, game wise, what do you think is next for 6th gen?

I've typed up a lot, so I'll just kind of sweep it under a spoiler tag. Note, none of this is proven and is simply conjecture or theorizing as of now.

tl;dr, suspicious screen cap is suspicious and I love making theories.

Other than the detective game that was announced to be in the making, there's been curious evidence of a new Wii U game in the making since a bit before X and Y's release, as seen in this video specifically towards the end (sorry for the terrible quality but I couldn't find better)

or if you're too lazy to watch until the end, this was basically seen at the end

PGS-Lucario-Blaz-Teaser.jpg

A lot people speculate that it could be the next Stadium or Coliseum (or BR) style style games that have been on home consoles for a while, but there was rumor that the name Poketekken (or something along those lines) was trademarked. What I'm saying is that we could be dealing with a Pokemon fighting style game (which has been done... sort of anyway, just not "officially." Check out Pokemon Type Wild for reference). Of course, Nintendo has been pretty quiet about it, even today, so there's no way to confirm or deny it; but what we do have is a screenshot to prove that SOMETHING is being made anyway.

As far as personal wishes, I really hope that they're working on something like a better spiritual successor to Battle Revolution. The game had a lot of potential, as seen in the beta trailer for it where Groudon literally hyperbeams a crater that Deoxys narrowly survives, though of course had to lower said quality for graphical purposes (more than likely anyway). However, I REALLY liked the idea of being able to transfer your team to the game to fight, and being able to have COM matches with made up teams. However, combine that aspect with the story aspect of Coliseum and XD Gale of Darkness, and I think we'd have a pretty neat game.

Disregarding the screenshot, I've been trying to think of Game Freak's next move regarding what comes after X and Y. Until BW, you could always predict a 3rd enhanced version of the first announced titles, then BW2 came out and everyone was more confused than a cat with a laser light. We think that we know all the Pokemon involved in X and Y because of that one hacker who revealed Lati@'s mega forms and Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion, but, after researching, apparently he just stopped hacking or stopped uploading because he didn't want to spoil too many people. If I'm correct, then this means that there's still a BUNCH we don't know about the games currently, and that means that there could possibly be data for more Mega Forms currently unobtainable, or another legendary. I can say for sure that whatever comes next in the main series, more Mega Forms will more than likely be introduced, especially for starters in general since Charizard got 2 forms.

Regarding my thoughts toward the game itself... I don't think that it will be Z, per say, since that would be going back to old traditions, but then again they did go all fifth gen in BW and bring back a bunch of old Pokemon for X and Y (understandable considering the limited amount of new Pokemon in XY). But, I also think it'd be too predictable to bring up something like X2 and Y2. When I say that, I don't mean I'm opposed to a sequel, but if there is one, I don't think it will be like with BW2. I say this because Game Freak has been trying their best to surprise us ever since late 5th gen and the very beginning of 6th gen, so I'm just wondering if something a GSC style sequel is out of the question while not necessarily introducing a new generation. I mean of course a new region. Why do I think this? Because the Kalos legends talk of a war a long time ago, and Terminal Cave (or whatever cave Zygaurde is in) seems pretty close to where you would expect a regional border to be, and it seems suspicious to me that the mines are closed down as of right now. Does this mean new Pokemon are out of the question necessarily? Not entirely, though highly unlikely in my opinion. Personally I'd like to see what would happen if the Kalos starters had alternate evolutions that were exclusive to that region, but I understand that's about as likely as congress pulling their heads out of their asses.

What about you guys? Any theories?