• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Would You Want in a Profile Revamp?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
So, the recent new features poll went very well, and we've got a great idea as to what the community wants us to build next. Now, I have plans for more than one feature on that list, but the clear winner is the profile revamp.

So, I'm redesigning the profiles from scratch right now, and I have a few ideas for what I want to make to start with:
  • I plan to scrap the Information tab, and move the contents onto your main profile page. This means your About Me section will be shown front and centre when someone visits your profile. However, only part of it will be shown to start with – you'll be able to click a "Read More" link to make it expand so you can see the rest.
  • A selection of your works and trainer cards will be shown on the main profile page too. From those blocks, you'll be able to jump straight to the relevant tabs to see all of your works and all of your trainer cards, respectively.
  • If I have time – so no promises! – I would love to implement a profile cover system. This would allow you to choose one of your Creative Corner works, and display it at the top of your profile. This would work much like cover photos from Facebook or other services.
  • Depending on how much time I have, and how hard this proves to implement, I may add options to hide the Works or Trainer Cards blocks if you don't want them on your profile. Once again – no promises!
So, the question for you guys is simple: What do you want to see on the new profiles? Is there anything you wish you could see on profiles, but can't? Anything you think isn't useful and can be gotten rid of? Any cool features you'd love to see in action? Let us know!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Essentially just copy/pasting the stuff I wrote to you in PM, with slight editing:

I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but having a sort of widgets thing going on would be helpful; that way, people can choose and arrange how they want things to look. We have many, MANY different kinds of people on the site, anyways, from writers to role players to artists to just people who're around to socialize. Everyone would find different aspects important, and being able to rearrange all that to their liking/choosing would be immensely helpful.

However, if that's not possible, I think having the comments/profile posts section smaller and/or towards the bottom of their profile would be better than what we have at the moment. Maybe where following/followers is could work? Latest works and/or featured works should almost definitely be at the top, and instead of having each individual work in its own boxed out section, having them all in one place would be better and less cluttered (or have just the summary shown in a little box for written works). Having a little button that says like "view more works" at the bottom or top could also work, or having just a separate tab for all artworks is enough.

What we have currently as the information tab could go in a separate box, also on the front page, so that it's more accessible. This way, people can tell if a creator is taking requests, people can leave a FAQ thing, etc, or a person can just have a simple "about me" as an easy introduction to new people.

As the site is becoming less and less forum-oriented, I think "postings" can be removed, as many of that tab overlaps with "recent activity" anyways. Recent Activity could stay as a tab, I don't see how changing that could affect much of anything.

If you do end up implementing a requests feature, I'd also suggest having that on the front page somehow, maybe a little below featured/recent works?

Also, following/followers really isn't all that important and should probably go in a separate tab, or further down the profile page so it doesn't take up so much room. Or it could even be removed altogether and just be a statistic on a profile (like birthday, likes received, etc.). Statistics could stay as a sidebar thing, it shouldn't take up too much space.

Additionally, it would be pretty nice to have a little section to view Trainer Cards, though i like keeping them as just a tab, or a little sidebar-like thing.

That's all I really have going at the moment; probably isn't the -best- as I'm really bad at UX/UI Design (aka I have no experience in this at all), but thought I'd give my two cents regardless.

A good idea that can be added with the selection of your favo.art and TC can be a option in the Avatar config that says ''Trainer Card'',you select a trainer card you made in the past and it displays in the profile page under the user avatar
Example:
Example.PNG

By the way,i like all the ideas,but the cover and the selection of art and TC can be fabulous