• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Pokemon game was your 1st?

Witch Pokemon game was your 1st owned

• Red/Blue/Yellow

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Gold/Silver/Crystal

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Ruby/Saphire/Emrald

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Fire Red/Leaf Green

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Diamond/Pearl/Ptatinum

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • other(on any of the consoles like the gamecube ,N64 ,Wii)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Ranger series

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

• other handheld (TCg game,pinball,ETC.

• Total voters
OK, so I have a question to ask all of you,what Pokemon game was your 1st?My first Pokemon game was Silver version.I could just tell that I had a future for Pokemon when I found out that I could play Pokemon when I was just 4.As years went by I have gotten new Pokemon game but even now I still pull out my old Game boy color and play my old Silver

Mine was Blue version, I was around five when the game came out. I put a lot of hours into that game and played whenever I could. I still have the game, but I don't have anything to play it on unfortunately.

Mine was Red version. I was absolutely horrible at that game, and had no idea how to play properly. I only got as far as beating Misty, and then both my game and my Gameboy Pocket were stolen :(

Strangely, even after that not-so-good sounding experience, I still wanted to play Pokemon.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pokemon Blue for me. Bought it the day the games were released in Canada. I blame Nintendo Power completely for making me anticipate its release so much... XP

Pokemon Yellow for me, but it doesn't count because I didn't like it when it was all over and one with and I didn't finish it. (Don't judge me XD)

Silver was second game I got and the first one I absolutely fell in love with.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Yellow for me too - I was a stereotypical Pokémon fanboy back then, caught up in Pokémania. Don't worry, I've gotten better. :p

Last edited:
S

sheesheesh

For me, Pokemon Crystal was my first. I got über far one time, and that time, I was playing as a girl. My starter was a Level 84 Feraligatr. That was the strongest Pokemon I ever had until my Level 92 legit Giratina.

Mine was Blue. I actually got intrigued by it when I saw a colleague at work playing it at the time and when I finally went out and bought my own Game Boy I decided to pick it up too. The game series definitely intrigued me and I loved the type trumping and other aspects of it. Haven't ever looked back since. ^^

Mine was Pokemon Sapphire. I remember getting bored sometimes then playing it. He had a finished game and apparently I never wanted to use the internet to help me so I would do things like leveling up Oddishes with EXP shares in the Rayquaza tower with his Kyogre in hopes of a Bellosom. I was seven or eight, I think. My brother already had a save file and finished game.

Tailon

Gryffindork
Yellow for me, got it in 1999 when I was five, only game I've missed since then is emerald, and pearlcause I finally realized it's pointless to buy both versions of basically the same game

Gold and Silver. After I figured out how to play them, they were my favorites because I eventually got Red, Blue, and Yellow to add to my collection. I eventually got Crystal. I can't wait til HG/SS because my batteries died in all three of my Gen 2 games. I hate the clock even though it was a sweet feature because it killed the battery. Now it won't save. Can't wait to visit Johto again. My favorite region because it's the one I haven't played as much.

My first game was silver and I loved it so much. I got a gameboy colour and that game for christmas 2000 and it was like my favourite thing i owned at the time. I wasnt very good at it and when i finally got up to the ghost gym i spent 4 months trying to get through the maze but couldnt do it. I eventually got my dad to do it for me( first try i might ad :() and then he wanted to play more as a reward for doing that part for me and he kinda got hooked and always wanted to watch me play it which was kinda creepy.

My first would have to be yellow, everyone at my school was swept up in the craze for red and blue, and I was behind. Then ironically, that being behind was what made me a hit with my super-cool-pikachu-following-me-everywhere version of the game which was released a month later. I still have it, saving it for a stormy night. ;)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And in two months you haven't read the rules and walked around without a damn brain? That takes talent, kid.

Nevertheless you just made history. Until now I never had a chance to ban a complete idiot over WAP. That's right. You fail so hard I don't even honor you with a ban over a computer.

*Disintegrates the n00b with an epic laser beam from the Nokia 6230i.*

My first (as in 100% mine) was Pokemon Diamond. I have played LeafGreen, Yellow, and Silver in the past, but I never got to do anything big on them. However, with the LeafGreen of a sibling's, I basically played the entire game through with her, as she had no idea about good Pokemon. I'm sorry, but SmokeScreen, Tackle, Growl, and whatever other useless move is a horrid set for a Charmander, even in the beginning.

Mine was Pokemon Ruby. I had some fond memories of that little cartridge, such as how it took me 4 days to learn how to save. I also raised a Swampert to level 90 because i didn't know where i was supposed to go next.

Mine was red also the same day my brother and I got the game boy cartridge for the SNES, so we could play in a color format just looked weird.

My brother and I pitched in to buy red when it came out in Canada I wanted to get the one that had vulpix, some odd reason my memory slipped and red just stood out to me so we got that. We shared red and had to wait till we both were ready to advance forward. So I was stuck leveling near Pokémon center pit stops not allowed to go forward to allow my brother to experience the game not just skip areas. We were on our way to the elite four till I eventually saved up money for my blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon Crystal.
It came with that special deal at circuit city with the lime-green GBC.

Then, later on down the road (mind you, this was before I knew jack about pokemon), I ended up trading my shiny crystal cartridge for silver and yellow. Then got my friend's copy of red. And since then, I've gotten ruby, firered, emerald, saphire, leafgreen, diamond, platinum, and pearl.

Next in line? SoulSilver =D