• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Pokémon do you think needs a Mega Evolution?

Mega Ditto..... Yeah NO...... How bout Mega Dunsparce: When I think Mega Evolution, I imagine how it could change a crappy Pokemon like Dunsparce to a really good Pokemon. Kangaskhan got one, and it's really good, so why not another?

reniculos
i made the mega sprite
upload_2014-11-15_10-44-37.png

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Have I mentioned I want a Mega Flygon? Because I want a Mega Flygon.

Besides that, I'd love to see a mega Froslass, especially since Glalie got one (and as Gallade got a mega after Gardevoir did, I'm really hoping she gets one as well). Snow Warning would be interesting on her, though I'm already pleased with the Cursed Body she already has as her HA.

It's also like to see a Mega Fearow. Mega shiny (volt tackling) Fearow? Hell yes. Sandslash, Ledian, Weavile, Shiftry, Roserade, Grumpig, Milotic, Luxray, Floatzel, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Togekiss, Zebstrika, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Beheeyem, Chandelure, and Heliolisk are all future megas I'd like to see~

Mega Ditto..... Yeah NO...... How bout Mega Dunsparce: When I think Mega Evolution, I imagine how it could change a crappy Pokemon like Dunsparce to a really good Pokemon. Kangaskhan got one, and it's really good, so why not another?
Yeah, Mega Dunsparce is a nice idea. Add a new type (like ground), a good ability and that would be nice to see. And also, Mega Linoone would be nice to see too.

Atma

Formerly Karu
I would kill for a Mega Flygon. A Mega Typhlosion wouldn't be half bad either.... I'm not entirely sure which direction these would go, but hey! I'd adore either or preferably both, seeing as starters seem to be gaining mega by the generation.

Just the all legendaries who doesnt have yet especially I want MegaMew! ♥ But just those I want to have mega evolution since legendary Pokémon's are my life. ♥

Hello there!

There are many mega evolutions: Mega Pidgeot, Mega Glalie, Mega Venusaur..... But are there some Mega evolutions that you miss?

Please tell me! Which pokèmon would you like to see having a mega evolution?

It'd be pretty neat to see all the starters get a mega evolution. In my opinion, none of the starters really need (Or should have) megas but it's always interesting to what direction they take a Pokemon's mega form.

I'd also like to see Mega Weavile. I really do like that pokemon but it's just so... flimsy. I'd like to see it's defensive stats buffed up a bit.

Sunflora would be an interesting mega. Sunflora always seems to be overlooked and even though it's never very hard to get I rarely see it get any screen time. I can't even think of any NPC trainers that use it! Give it a fire typing and make it an offensive powerhouse! And now that I'm thinking of overlooked grass types, I think Exegguctor might be a good choice for a new mega evolution.

I've always had a soft spot for both Weezing and Arbok. Considering how weezing tends to get used, boosting it's Sp. Atk would be nice. And Arbok... well, I guess it could just become a speedy physical attacker...

I remember seeing some artwork somewhere quite some time ago (before mega evolution was revealed) It was said to be a third evolution of Jynx. It'd be pretty neat to see Jynx get a mega since they don't seem to want to give it a new trade evolution (I've always seen Magmar/Jynx/Electabuzz as some kind of trio)

Luxray for sure! Luxray is pure at his attack, but his speed just makes him easily die quickly in competitive. With a mega, giving it Electric and Dark, it should boost speed and attack. Also getting Moxie or Strong Jaw... If anything else needed one, go for Arcanine, Liepard, Stoutland, Volcanrona, Gogoat, Flygon and Milotic... :)

Let me begin by stating some things that DON'T need Mega evolution:
  • Legendaries
  • Pseudo-legendaries
  • Pokemon who already come equipped with useful abilities and high stats
Pokemon that not only should have mega evolutions but should get priority in terms of getting them, are the overwhelming amount of pokemon who are rendered ultimately unusable because they have poor stats, abilities, etc. Some examples of pokemon that I think should get priority:

• Most two-evolution pokemon (that don't get that third boost)
  • Pokemon that don't evolve
  • Weaker types: grass, etc. (Give those pokemon some perks!)
Actual pokemon that I personally want to see megas of:
  • Granbull
  • Raticate
  • Ninetails
  • Dodrio
  • Taurus / Miltank
  • Dunsparce
  • Shuckle
  • Zangoose & Seviper
  • Delibird
  • Stantler
  • Mightyena
  • Delcatty
  • Toarkal
  • Grumpig
  • Spinda
  • Sawsbuck
  • Cinccino
  • Stunfisk
  • Bouffalant
  • Mandibuzz/Braviary
  • Whimsicott/Liligant

I'm sure you get the picture! :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Let me begin by stating some things that DON'T need Mega evolution:
  • Legendaries
  • Pseudo-legendaries

While I agree with this, sadly, I feel like GameFreak is almost definitely going to give most if not all of the Pseudo-legends some sort of mega forme or another. Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp all have them already, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Goodra followed suit. (Though if I'm honest with myself, Mega Hydreigon sounds pretty sweet to me. ♥)

As for legendaries.... see also Mewtwo, Diancie, and Rayquaza, not to mention Primal Ky00ber and Groundon. :x

While I agree with this, sadly, I feel like GameFreak is almost definitely going to give most if not all of the Pseudo-legends some sort of mega forme or another. Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, and Garchomp all have them already, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Goodra followed suit. (Though if I'm honest with myself, Mega Hydreigon sounds pretty sweet to me. ♥)

As for legendaries.... see also Mewtwo, Diancie, and Rayquaza, not to mention Primal Ky00ber and Groundon. :x

Yes, I concur :< Though it is unfortunate, since they could be better spending their time creating megas for pokemon who need them. For example, I loved Mawile but could never truly use it because it just didn't have enough to carry its own in a team. When I got MEGA Mawile, though, it seriously gave it the boost it needed to be an amazing pokemon. I just wish GameFreak would follow that path. But yeah, they've started the legendary-mega train and they will most likely keep it going.

If Mega Ditto had an ability, it would be Mega Body.

Mega Body: If the opponent can mega evolve, this Pokemon changes into the mega evolution.
In other words, if Mega Ditto was battling Lucario, Mega Ditto turns into Mega Lucario. By the way, the opponent doesn't have to have it's mega stone on it.
Wow, that's genius

Ariados: Poison/Dark
Spiders aren't bugs.
Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 125
Defence: 80
Special Attack: 45
Special Defence: 75
Speed: 95
Ability: I have no idea.
Mightyena: Dark
MMightyena stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 120
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 110
Ability: Strong Jaw

Personally I'd love for weaker Pokémon to get Megas. Pretty much any Ice type period for one. Ice is such an under rated type, and most if not all of them suffer in competitive do to their weaknesses being carried by almost every Pokémon. In particular I'd love to see Lapras get a Mega. On that most single stage Pokémon would really benefit from Megas. Now on a personal level I'd love for the following to get Megas:

• Arbok and Weezing: I'm a huge fan of Poison types and frankly with the powerhouse that is Fairy type around Poison types need to start receiving overhauls.
  • Vileplume and Victrebell: I can not say enough about how much I love these Pokémon. But like most on my list they suffer from low end Base Stats.
  • Venomoth: Please Game Freak.
  • Dragonite: Practically every other Dragon has one so I mean why not him.
  • Crobat: Because this little guy is amazing. He deserves it.
  • Unown: On one hand this sounds awesome. On the other hand that's 28 Megas technically.
  • Steelix: He's a perfect candidate. Steel types need more going for them anyway.
  • Donphan: I've loved this Pokémon since GSC. He's already pretty useable, so why not give him that little bit more.
That's it for now. I'll probably post more later. To be fair though Aspin, Shuckle is already a monster with the few Pokemon it truly fears. (Done the math aside from Mega Scizor, Huge Power Azurill, Mega Blastoise, and Primal Kyogre, everything has to really whittle him down.)

Personally I'd love for weaker Pokémon to get Megas. Pretty much any Ice type period for one. Ice is such an under rated type, and most if not all of them suffer in competitive do to their weaknesses being carried by almost every Pokémon. In particular I'd love to see Lapras get a Mega. On that most single stage Pokémon would really benefit from Megas. Now on a personal level I'd love for the following to get Megas:

• Arbok and Weezing: I'm a huge fan of Poison types and frankly with the powerhouse that is Fairy type around Poison types need to start receiving overhauls.
  • Vileplume and Victrebell: I can not say enough about how much I love these Pokémon. But like most on my list they suffer from low end Base Stats.
  • Venomoth: Please Game Freak.
  • Dragonite: Practically every other Dragon has one so I mean why not him.
  • Crobat: Because this little guy is amazing. He deserves it.
  • Unown: On one hand this sounds awesome. On the other hand that's 28 Megas technically.
  • Steelix: He's a perfect candidate. Steel types need more going for them anyway.
  • Donphan: I've loved this Pokémon since GSC. He's already pretty useable, so why not give him that little bit more.
That's it for now. I'll probably post more later. To be fair though Aspin, Shuckle is already a monster with the few Pokemon it truly fears. (Done the math aside from Mega Scizor, Huge Power Azurill, Mega Blastoise, and Primal Kyogre, everything has to really whittle him down.)

Steelix already has a mega evolution.

Ladies and Gentlemen the above post is proof that for all my knowledge of Pokémon I make hilarious mistakes. Thank you for pointing it out XD

I think Druddigon and Zoroark could use some mega evolution. We all know that Zoroark has a good base stats and make it even more powerful would be something great, however Druddigon (personally) has low stats to be a dragon, not to mention they have pre-evolution or evolution, as well they could use a mega-evolution to make them more powerful :3

2 Pokemon I think that need mega evolutions are,
  • Zoroark: We haven't had any 5th gen Pokemon get a mega yet so I hope Zoroark can get one. I think they should keep the ability illiusion but buff up the HP, Defense and Special Defense to 90 and a little to Attack but keep Speed and Special Attack the same.
  • Luxray: to me, 4th Gen was a mess. But anyways, Luxray's Attack is perfect the way it is but I would like to buff up HP, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense a little and Speed to make it 105 may be. It needs the Speed. Also, I think it either needs a Dark or Psychic typing.

MEGA FLYGON. NOW.
HP: 90
Atk: 110
Def: 80
Sp. Atk: 120
Sp. Def: 80
Speed: 140
Total: 620

Flygon doesn't look much like a physical attacker to me, so he should get a huge boost in special attack to match Mega Salamence but still get a boost in physical attack. Add a bit of HP for some bulk and a crapton of Speed for the new fastest dragon in existance, and BAM, Mega Flygon. These stats would fit its concept and also make it an awesome mixed sweeper.

DO IT. JUST, DO IT.

Last edited:
All the eeveelutions because I think they would look killer especially sylveon because I mean who doesn't want to kick their friends dragon Pokemon into next week with a pink ball of fluff with butterfly wings (is how I picture it) or I mean mega flare on would be boss, I would like all of them though bc they my bbys XD

1.) The Johto starters
- Typhlosion-Give it a boost in speed and special attack and the typing Fire/Dark.
- Feraligatr- Boost in attack and speed, typing of Water/Ice, and keep Sheer Force.
- Meganium- Just...make it better.
2.) Butterfree- Beedrill got a Mega, why not Butterfree? Major boost in special attack and speed.
3.) Xatu- Again, just make it better.

Mega Primeape. Fighting/Fairy. Ability is Moral Lesson. Ups speed and attack one stage each time an ally faints while in play.

Mega Chandelure. Ability would be Expertise, which would be Moxie, but for Special Attack.

Mega Weezing, Poison/Psychic, Ability is Fallout/Outbreak, The lower it's health the more both its defenses raise. 100%-80% no raise, 79%-40% raise both by one stage, 39%-1% raise two stages. Raises applied at end of turn where health drops

Not that I believe a Pikachu evolution should have a mega form, (it would very likely end with a Mega Pikachu. Ugh.) but, I believe Raichu might make a good mega. Maybe base it on Dark Raichu from the Team Rocket Returns deck and make it a dark/electric type. Probably a bigger tail as well. Maybe some kind of thief pokemon from Team Rocket's headquarters?
Dark_Raichu__83_82__Team_Rocket.jpg

Blonde

Formerly TrainerNiko
They need to give Nidoqueen and Nidoking Mega evolutions or something because they honestly deserve one lol.

From the ones already mentioned - I would be so happy with Megas for Ninetales and Zoroark!
I would love Mega Delphox! will probably never happen a mega for my favorite Pokemon, Flareon.
More Mega Foxes!

Another Pokemon that comes to mind that I would love a Mega for is Liepard! I use mine a lot in doubles.
I would love a mega for the rest of the PokeFelines - Persian, Delcatty, Luxray, Purrbeauty, and Pyroar!

From the ones already mentioned - I would be so happy with Megas for Ninetales and Zoroark!
I would love Mega Delphox! will probably never happen a mega for my favorite Pokemon, Flareon.
More Mega Foxes!

Another Pokemon that comes to mind that I would love a Mega for is Liepard! I use mine a lot in doubles.
I would love a mega for the rest of the PokeFelines - Persian, Delcatty, Luxray, Purrbeauty, and Pyroar!
Agreed except all the eeveelutions need a mega imo :3

Zangoose needs a Mega in my opinion.Have the Mega Evolution boost his Attack and Speed to make it a sweeper.Should be Normal/Fighting or Normal/Dark.Ability should be Moxie (moar Attack >:) )