• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Pokemon do you like just for the heck of it?

I Love Shiny Latias as it I my favorite pokemon of all time.
I encountered it in Emerald , The colour is so amazing and Latias is just so cute!
plus when I send it to Gen 5 the Judge said Latias has a Outstanding potential? could anyone explain what that is?
anyways yeah Latias! your my favorite!

Bidoof- Its just so awkward and adorable. I know you hate me for it, but it is pretty strong, well....its evolution, perhaps. I like it mostly because it is so derpy.

Smeargle- I have no idea why, but it is so.....cool. An artist/dog/goat/paintbrush Pokemon. It makes me think....wow, who in their right mind wouldn't want it.

Miltank - I just love to be a show off and prove my friends Miltank is acctually great! And when i beat them with her.. Best thing ever :)
Arcanine - JUSTSOCUTEANDFLUFFYAND... what was I talking/typing about? Oh yeah, I always LOVED Arcanine! ♥ I always wanted to just cuddle it, and that furr.. :love:
Heracross - No idea why, that blue bug was always on my team.. It's cute and all..
Foretress - idk why.. It's kinda cool to me.. I mean that typing reminds me of Scizor I never had!!! And I want one baaadddllyyy!!;_;
And on the end - Scolipede. You seen that caterpillar? Bye bye Catrepie!>:D

Banette: A doll brought to life by feelings of hatred, need I say more?
Sylveon: Underneath all that "cuteness", it's really rather creepy. (It has ribbons made of flesh and those soulless eyes, I love it)
Sableye: Prankster trolling is way too fun for me to not love him.
Weavile: The Dragon-Slayer before Fairy Type was a thing.
Jirachi: Another case of underlying creepiness, that stomach eye is terrifying.

Blitzle & Zebstrika because they're freakin' zebras (my favorite animal) & I've wanted pokémon to do one for SO long. Same can be said for Tyrunt & Tyrantrum

I agree with @SuperSableye24, Glaceon is just so cool! (Literally) It also was introduced in Gen IV, which was my favorite Gen. back then! In Pokemon Y, I named my Glaceon,"Da Freezah," which is my current Screen name on here, with my avatar showing a Glaceon combined with my personality! XD

Braviary and Beartic because my favourite animals are Eagles and Polar Bears (I also look look like a Polar Bear). And I also like Helioptile just because it looks like my good friend who is migrating to Scotland... :'/

Starly plus evolutions because my first game was Pearl and it brings back a lot of good memories and my second Murkrow because I remember I was totally crazy for it (and it was exclusive to diamond so it took a WHILE to get one) and my third one is Misdreavus because I remember the first time I encountered one (I didn't have internet at that time) I thought it was so rare because I never have seen one then and it later evolved into Mismagius

Shoomish - I think it looks really cute, like a little fat mushroom with legs.
Bidoof - Yes, I do like bidoof, It looks really cute ^^
Diglett - not sure why.
Dieno - once again, I'm not sure why XD

probably floette and as said i have no idea why i like it, it looks ok and is a mid evolution meaning it doesnt have the best stats. now that i think of it i kind of have a hate for it now, no idea why though

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I have love gallade and bisharp.
There so cool because they're kind of like part blade, and there cool to have as a double battle team.
When there shiny they have the same color scheme! (Blue and more blue!)

Froslass - My first Pokémon Game ever was Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. When I went up against Froslass, I was stunned. It was so mystical and mysterious to me at the time. So Frosslass is definetly one of my favorites.
Pachirisu - Similar to Froslass. When I first saw it it was so cute and adorable! It just has been one of my favorites.

Just only the all legendary Pokémon's because they're always been my only fave Pokémon's and I have always been interested just them. ♥

Hmm. A Pokemon I like just for the heck of it? Spinda! When I first discovered this Pokemon, I was obsessed with seeing how many different patterned ones I could catch. Though as a woman grown now...yup, I would do it again and will once I get Alpha Sapphire. Hello priorities XD

ImmortalLeavanny

Formerly SatanicWaffle
I have one for each region.

Gen 1 - Bulbasaur.

Gen 2 - Murkrow.

Gen 3 - Milotic.

Gen 4 - Roserade.

Gen 5 - Druddigon.

Gen 6 - Sliggo.

I'm not sure if I spelt any wrong, so, sorry if I did. -3-

Beedrill- I never liked bugs 'til gen 6, but this guy intrigued me in gen 1. Several times I've built one just to see it's potential. That and despite the fact I much prefer bulky attackers I sometimes like going for the glass cannons.

Golduck- Had one in gen 1 and loved it. Not the greatest stats but they're enough to survive and take on a wide variety of Pokes. One of the few water types I really like. It's design is pretty cool too- simple and practical for battles and it's normal life.

Parasect- I honestly don't know why, but I really like this guy. I like grass types, so maybe that's it. Pretty fragile, but I always like trying to find a way to make this guy work with my teams.

Braixen, Flareon, Ninetales <- all 3 share three things in common: I love them too much, are foxes, are fire, Foxes are animals I just love too much so it's why they are right now top favorites of mine
Zorua - love it's design so much, and it's a fox too, for me it's more than enough reason to love it.
all other Eeveelutions (all are partially based on foxes)

Persian, Liepard, Meowstic, Delcatty, Purugly Purrbeauty, Pyroar, Luxray, Mew, Mewtwo (& unevolved forms too)! all are based on cats, aside from foxes, cats are the other animals I just love so much.

Snubbull always has my heart. There's something about the snooty lap-dog pokemon attitude that gets me. They're cute, pink fairy dogs!

Leafeon - This one's my fave. It can be used well in battle, but it's not uber powerful. In actuality, I like all the Eeveelutions, just because I love the concept.

Slurpuff - Its shiny is chocolate, and I very recently obtained a shiny wall of a Slurpuff.

Mega Sceptile - I've been waiting ages for a Grass/Dragon dual typing.

Dustox - Dusty. He's my fave from Epifex's Nuzlocke.

Ampharos - I always had one on my Johto teams, but all the other Pokemon swapped around a lot.

Before I get to the longer responses, here are a few secondary-evolutions that I think are cooler than the final-evolutions: Wartortle, Dragonair, and Sliggoo.

Torchic / Combusken / Blaziken - My first starter. I didn't realize as a child that there were two other choices until my friend showed me, and I grew attached. Actually, my whole Gen 3 childhood team can be included here; funnily enough, I made this Card tonight depicting my childhood team just for the hell of it.
Unknown-1.png

For the same reason as the previous Card, here's my pre-teen Sinnoh team. If it isn't obvious, this is where I started understanding type balancing. Lopunny stuck with me the most, though, and was the first 6IV Pokemon I got from a friend of mine to jump-start my experiences in breeding.
Sinnoh Team.png

I like Cloyster too. Maybe because of how it looks (don't get me started on the shiny form lol). Here are some others.
1. Ledian- It's cute imo and its movepool isn't THAT BAD
2. Mantine- Great special defense and I like how it's a manta ray
3. Mothim- Idk why........seriously, I don't
4. Politoed- I think the design is kinda cute but man it's broken in 5th gen. I still like it though.
5. Porygon Z- Not a bad Pokémon and I find it's design funny for some reason. Maybe it's the beak idk.
6. Swalot- This thing is SO derpy lol.
7. Venomoth- It can be a good Pokémon if used right.
8. Miltank- A lot of people don't like this probably because of Whitney. I guess it proves that it's good by that logic.
9. Clefable- I think it's adorable.
10. Simisage- The only one out of the 3 elemental monkeys I like. I don't like Simisear or Simipour a lot, but I just like Simisage for some reason. Probably because it doesn't look as weird as the others.
11. Volbeat- Same reason as Mothim

Last edited:
1.) Raichu: I always found it underloved (*cough cough* Pikachu *cough*). I always make sure to have one on my team.
2.) Vileplume: A good sweeper if used right.
3.) Miltank: It was the bane of my existence growing up (*cough cough* Whitney *cough cough*). But then, I decided to use one.
4.) Sandslash: Pretty much the same reasoning with Vileplume. Good if used right.
5.) Quagsire: Hands down, the derpiest Pokémon in history. Plus, its stats are decent and it has a pretty good movepool.
6.) Donphan: It's a good Pokémon, it just takes a while for it to get good.

Last edited: