• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join What it Means to be Alive

War. It is an incongruous invention of the selfish mankind. They were all despicable. In their eyes, life was a game of destroy or be destroyed; none of them had any regard for how precious life truly was. War is unneeded. While war throws spoils upon those reigning victorious, it also forces unnecessary melancholy and hurt upon everyone near it, regardless of whether or not they choose to take part. Life was created to be valued, it was created for peace, and harmony. But when those granted such luxuries choose to distort it to fit their own twisted desires, no one wins. It's all an endless, mindless cycle of darkness. Why does hate exist? To that, I know not the answer. But here I now stand, pleading that such divine light as described twisted be rained down upon the incompetent evildoers who so desperately long for war, for the ultimate spoil that is bloody murder. I would do what I could to stop it; but values are made to be cherished.

Thank you for reading that longish sort of Shakespearean opening monologue. If you are at all interested in joining, please feel free to ask. Here are the rules:
  • Please have reasonable pokemon at the reasonable times. ( For example, a fresh, new trainer cannot have Garchomp, Milotic, etc. )
  • Please keep track of the four moves your pokemon know.
  • You are allowed to mega evolve pokemon, however only after a certain point in the plot.
  • If you so wish to have a personal starter ( One received as a gift, etc. ) for your character as opposed to the traditional Fennekin, Froakie, or Chespin, that is perfectly fine.
  • Please be respectful to other roleplayers.
  • Have fun! c:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This is a bit more of a discussion thread than an actual RP thread, I'm afraid. Moved.

Also keep in mind that the four move stipulation is irrelevant in RPs here, and Mega Evolutions are restricted as per our global RP rules - and while RPers may apply their own restrictions to their threads, that is only so long as they don't contradict the overall RP rules.

This is a bit more of a discussion thread than an actual RP thread, I'm afraid. Moved.

Also keep in mind that the four move stipulation is irrelevant in RPs here, and Mega Evolutions are restricted as per our global RP rules - and while RPers may apply their own restrictions to their threads, that is only so long as they don't contradict the overall RP rules.
I'm not exactly trying to be rude here, but who exactly are you to decide that this is "a bit more of a discussion thread than an actual RP thread"? It's an opening monologue to set a mood and tone, and because of the "no double posting" rule I had to wait for people to decide to join before doing anything.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Who exactly am I? I'm StellarWind Elsydeon, Administrator, the person that wrote the current version of the RP forum rules, as well as the person who people would have to get through to get Legendary Pokémon and Mega Evolutions approved in their RP.

You're welcome.

Opening monologues to set the mood are fine and well, but it's still not an in-character post and it doesn't leave room for anyone to join, really. So yeah, this is a good way to garner interest and get people to spawn characters and stuff, but it's not exactly how to start an RP, at least here.