• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is Your Mega Evolution Quote?

In the Poke'Mon anime, we see that Trainers (mainly Alain) have a little speech before they tap their Key Stone and Mega Evolve their partner. This thread is for what you'd say when you Mega Evolve your Poke'Mon.

In mine, I say the Poke'Mon's name a bit, so I'm using Lopunny as an example.
"Lopunny, our bond is unbreakable, no matter how much damage it takes. Key Stone, respond to my heart's wishes. Lopunny, it's time to Mega Evolve!"

Okay, not gonna lie, I want a Lopunny and Lopunnite right now.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Quite frankly I'd be the sort of trainer to absolutely take the piss out of overly-dramatic transformation sequences and probably make at least half of them pop culture references.

One of those moments would obviously have to be "This [evolution item] of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! MEGA... EVOLUTION! GO! GO! GO!" (I suspect whatever my Mega Evolution item would be, it would be obtained with the help of Key-yoji?). But I strongly suspect that half the time I'd just go for shorter and ridiculous like "Mega Stone, CHARGE! OVERDRIVE!" or "Mega stone power, make up!".

And sometimes it'd probably be just "[Partner name!], Do the thing!". They would likely know. XD

"You've done well to push me into a corner like this, but don't think that you've won just yet. I've one last trick up my sleeve. With the power of mine and Nekane's bond, you will be vanquished at my hand. Now, come, Nekane, and let our powers combine!"

JK, that's not something I'd ever say in battle. That's more likely to come from my gym leader OC, Itzal, though he probably wouldn't be able to say the whole thing without dissolving into a violent coughing fit. Followed by his normal complaints about his terrible health. Followed by the challenger asking him if he's alright to continue, and him assuring them that he is...

If it were me, I'd probably say, "(Pokémon), get me a broom, cuz I'm about to sweep!"

Keystone, respond to my heart. Beyond evolution! <Species Name>, mega evolve! Occasionally, if it has a nickname, I use the nicknamead of the species name.

Last edited:
naturally my mega evolution would be scizor. (my gym leader team). it would probably go a little something like...
Me: "so you think your ready to step up to the challenge? lets see if your actions can speak louder than your words!"
we would fist bump (fist/claw bump?) my ring would light up and his mega stone would light up and he would let out a roar as he transformed.

If slowking had a mega evolution it would probably look a little something like...
Me: "Wow... your really strong, i didn't expect this at all!... I guess i'm going to have to take you serious now huh?"
Slowking: "slo?"
Me: "I know right?! I'm supes surprised... looks like your going to have to start paying attention! the battle is starting to get good!"
Slowking: "slo!"
Me: "okay... your right. I need to focus and pay attention too."

we would high five as both my ring and his mega stone would light up as Slowking mega evolved.
(sadly this wont happen)

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
It'd probably vary a little based on the Pokemon, but it'd probably be something like this: "Alright, let's prove our bonds here and now, <Pokemon name>! It's time to break past the limits, Mega Evolve!"
Or, if it's my first Pokemon: "Here goes <Pokemon name>! Let's put our all into this, we'll show how much we've grown since the start, it's time for you to Mega Evolve!"

I dunno, probably something really unenthusiastic like:
"Insert Pokemon Here, go... do it... I really can't put enough enthusiasm into this to care... this is like the 30th time I've done this..."

"It is time for you to descend from the heavens, Galliera (Mega Altaria)! Please do not be afraid to use the enchanting perseverance in your heart. Bring blissful devastation to your opponent by attacking them from the sky like a magnificent shooting star! Galliera! It is time for you to mega evolve! Please show them what we are made of.

Well, it's been a little over 3 years since I made this thread, so I'm going to update my initial response to this prompt. For this example, I'm going to use the Pokemon I've Mega Evolved the most, Lucario.

"Lucario, you can do this. Become the big funny Pokemon slayer and... slay.. the Pokemon... in front of you!"

Yeah, have fun with that. :-)

In the Poke'Mon anime, we see that Trainers (mainly Alain) have a little speech before they tap their Key Stone and Mega Evolve their partner. This thread is for what you'd say when you Mega Evolve your Poke'Mon.

In mine, I say the Poke'Mon's name a bit, so I'm using Lopunny as an example.
"Lopunny, our bond is unbreakable, no matter how much damage it takes. Key Stone, respond to my heart's wishes. Lopunny, it's time to Mega Evolve!"

Okay, not gonna lie, I want a Lopunny and Lopunnite right now.
I'm super late but i'm going to write my quotes
"I know Banette, I'm Crazy, but we can do it"
or if i want to be a cool ass character:
"For the time, For the lives, from our minds, from our Soul.
Become one with the Key Stone, and with your power make their fear grow!
BANETTE, BEYOND THE EVOLUTION, MEGA EVOLVE"

This is actually RPC Billy Carmichael's quote.

"Though the trials of Life and Battle are tough. Even when we face the End, we must Soldier on, Kusunoki, Mega Evolve!"

(Kusunoki is an Aggron).