• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is your favorite pokemon type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 favorite types.

1. Poisin- My fav poisin pokemon is Seviper

2. Fire- My fav fire pokemon is Charmander

3. water- And my fav water pokemon is Totodile

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Going by the types that I seem to enjoy the most, mine is probably:

1. Ground - As most already know, I'm a total EQ-whore. Anything that can give it STAB is a-ok in my books.

2. Fire - I loved how someone at Bulba described the 'creation of a Fire-type'. You just take an animal and set it on fire! :p Anyways, I always like having a Fire-type around. It's a cool element even without Pokemon influences, it's useful in-game, and a lot of my favourite Pokemon are Fire-types for one reason or another. Can't say I'm all that impressed with fat ol' Moltres or Ho-oh, tho... might be after I roast them >=)

3. Bug - I don't know why, but I love powerful Bug Pokemon and just the type in general. Maybe it's the fact that they can annihilate Psychics, of which I still hold deep, sub-conscious resentment towards from first generation. Or maybe it's just because bugs are cool critters in both the games and RL ^^

4. Fighting - Sorry... This is my last. Anyways, I gained a fond appreciation for all Fighting Pokemon and the type itself from 2nd gen on due to their increase in usefulness. Not only were two types added in which they're super effective against, they also received a lot of good moves... or simply just convenient moves. Brick Break is great to throw on a Pokemon if you don't know what else to do with it. Thank FR/LG for allowing you to buy it ^^

See... I'd put down Dragon, Dark, and Ghost, but I like the Pokemon themselves more than the Type. Grass, Electric, Flying, and Rock, etc. I like using, and Raichu is my favourite Pokemon, but I don't care for the types anymore than the rest of 'em. Water, Steel, Poison in particular... They're just kind of there. I don't know why I don't love Water-types more because I tend to use them. Steel types (and Psychics too) I just barely ever train. As for Posion... I think this gen may see a change with the amount of usage they get from me. Generally in the past I didn't touch them, though I tried testing out quite a few 3rd gen (and I

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
1. Dark,
2. Ghost,
3. Psychic,
4. Poison,
5. Water,
6. Ice.

These are listed in no particular order, though I do like dark types above the rest. You can say I'm fond of all the shifty types. DARK AND GHOST TYPES!11 OMGGZ TEH SATANISM!!!11 EVIL!1 XD Most of the dark and ghost types simply look cool, cept for that new ghost/dark type. >.> *hugs Sableye.*

Most of the Psychic types look cool as well plus its handy to have one around, or at least something that knows a psychic attack.

I like Poison types due to it being my favorite status condition. (to give, not to have. :p)

Water and Ice types are just amazing. I'll always have these things in my teams. It's also fun to freeze your opponents, however rare that may be. ^^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
1. Fire
2. Psychic
3. Dark

^^" I like fire way too much. Oooooo, burning... *stares at the burning paper in fascination* I should really save my homework... Meh... Fire...

Well for me Flying type is the best thematically. How can you pass over the freedom of just up and winging it anywhere?

Generally in the games I prefer Rock first (who would not enjoy pummeling foes with showers of boulders conjured out of thin air eh? ::))

Bug also gets love from me, even though it doesn't really have that underdog status anymore. Although the fact it messes up two of the "coolest" types out there keeps it enjoyable.

Last but not least is Grass, mostly for the fact it has many damn cool looking critters associated with it.

I wish I could say Normal but but it's definition kind of makes that redundant...

Hmmmmmmmm...lessee...just taking type into account (and excluding all those DP Pokemon, since I "don't know about them, cuz they don't exist"), then:

1. Bug: Dunno why, but recently I've just fallen in luv with Bug Pokemon. Though I've never actually had them in my team, my RP characters or fanfic characters always seem to acquire one, and I just

Hmmm...In no paticular order my favorite types are:

Electric-What can I say? Zapping your opponents is fun ;D! Also, Electric types come across very few bad type-matches against their favor. I'm still waiting for a pure Electric-type with the Levitate ability.

Steel-Weak to Fire, Ground and Fighting, but resistant to practically anything else. That's good in my book.

Dark-I don't know why, but I find Dark-types to be pretty neat. Some Dark-type attacks can have quite nasty disruptive effects to be on the recieving end of.

Psychic-Being able to toss an opponent around like an old shoe by just thinking it=Awesome ;D.

Ghost-Pokemon of this type were almost always pranksters in the anime. Scaring peaople just for the fun of it ;D!

Bug-I've found new respect for this type in Gen III. This was because of Silver Wind and the fact that Scyther/Scizor can use it. Now that quite a fair amount of Bug-type attacks and that many Pokemon can use them in Diamond and Pearl makes the Bug-type that much better.

1. Fire My charizard puts it there!

2. Electric Ol Zapdos gets it in there!

Dont really have a third..... I like em all for diff reasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.