• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is your favorite Poke'mon Merchandise?

As I began to rejoin the pokemon series, I wondered....."What was my favorite merchandise?"

I had quiet a few. Each was interesting in it's own way. And I'm speaking beyond the trading cards and games. I mean, hat's, shirts, toys, etc.

Anything that you adored, and wanted to play with when you had nothing else to do.

Note:
I'll talk about my favorite later. I want to see how people react.

Heh, excellent topic to bring up, O_M. I used to have a whole Pokemon tin filled with cards, stuffed Burger King plushies, and other Pokemon themed knickknacks, but I lost it. :(

I also used to have a Pikachu clock from Wendy's, but it broke. I at least still have the Mudkip card that came with it. It sits on a frame covering up my nephew's face. XD

Currently, I have one or two posters, one for Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and one from the box of my dead Diamond. They are both in good spots where I see them everyday, one on my mirror in my bedroom, and one above my bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... Tough question.

I've always loved my cards, and now they're sitting in a shoebox in the little closet space in my dorm. I've got various Pokemon figurines at home, my favorite of which probably being my Porygon.

Also, let's add to the count my Giratina Origin Forme plush. It sits in my chair and it's oh-so-adorable.

I wish I had some posters to hang here. This dorm of mine is so empty of poster-y goodness.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
My browser ate my original post...

Take two. I'm still a rather big Pokemon merch collector, but the stuff I tend to focus on are the plushies, figures, comics, clothing, DVDs, games, and anything else that stands out to me.

Of the bundle of Pokemon merch I bought this summer, two additions stand out to me:

Empoleonplushie.png

and
LargeGiratinafiguresmaller.png

Those aren't necessarily my top favourite pieces of merch ever, but they're probably my faves from this summer.

Didn't think I'd get anyone to talk here.

Well, I guess it's my turn.

In my distant youth, Pokemon was god. You spoke it, you wore it, you clipped it to your spider-man backpack. Even the shoes where worshiped as mediums for some time.

But the few things I can look back on, and say "dang.....that was fun..." was a Koffing spin-top. You see, you had to make the little rubber thingy (can't make a solid) spin really fast. Then you would quickly have to set it right side up before it stopped spinning. They had Duggtrio, Voltorb, and I'm pretty sure others. *sigh in relief* those where the days. At least, in some parts...

I was always a fan of the movies back then. Seemed to make up for any episodes I missed. The cards in the case made itself known in my card page holder thingy (another un-solid name).

Cards weren't really a thing of mine, since I couldn't really battle with them. By the time I collected rare and strong cards, no one really knew how to battle with them. So I collected them in my thingy, and fantasized over the interesting pictures they had.

I've never had a poke plushy before. I don't think anyone did where I lived.

Jumping a few years earlier, I enjoyed the surprise shirts I manged get from my mother. She even gave me a few boxers. But as time past, so did they. I can't even find them at my old house anymore. I'm sure if I looked harder, I'll find them one day.

And that's all I can remember from those days. A lot went on, so in trying to forget those times, I forgot everything that came with something I could call happiness.

But to keep on to this path I laid out, I wonder who else will post...

:O

Link, that Empoleon plush sort of looks like the chao I had in my sig at one time. It's so cute, and yet so awesome looking.

O_M, you just reminded me of my old Jigglypuff top I got out of a cereal box. That thing was the coolest top ever. I loved making it spin so fast, it ran off the table.

My first Pokemon card was a Vaporeon. I should have saved it. >_< I think I lost it.

Most of my merchandise is from the 3rd Gen era. My sole plushie is a Torchic one, which was one of my favourite pokemon at the time.
I also have a couple of those pokeballs which shoot out pokemon. One with Treecko, one with Torchic.
I also have all the movies (apart from movies 6, 7, 8, 11 and 12, because they haven't been released in region 2 yet) and the Darkrai card that came with the 10th. Speaking of cards, I used to enjoy playing pokemon cards. Only because this person gave me all these cards, like mewtwos and moltreses which pwned XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Look at all the awesome Pokemon stuffs in the topic :D

Anyway, I don't really have that much anymore. As I've said here before, I stopped playing Pokemon after Gold and Silver and didn't get back into it until just before I joined here. In that gap of a few years I got rid of a lot of stuff in clear-outs and such. Of course, after getting back into it and playing Ruby I discovered Manectric and other awesome Pokemon and I've been loving them ever since.

CIMG5727.jpg

This is the TV in my bedroom, on the bookcase at the bottom of my bed. As you can see, it's been converted into the Pokemon worship area, with a complete Pikmin plush set for good measure ^^

CIMG5728.jpg

And here are my plushes. Munchlax you probably already know. Pokemon Center Vaporeon is new, but Skitty and Buizel have been part of the family for about a year now. As the Pokemon world lacks Manectric plushes, I'm making do with the little chest piece thingy. I'm thinking about getting a custom made Manectric plush for myself at Christmas...

So there are my favourites

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nice set-up you've got there, Magpie ^^

You have some figures even I haven't seen anywhere to buy! Jealous much of that Flygon D:

Cute Buizel plushie, and as you know I am forever in love with your Munchlax ^^

----------------------------------------------------

I dislike my camera sometimes. It's very hateful indoors, even when I shut the flash off and put it specifically on the "Indoor" setting. But, regardless, I took a couple of pictures of two of my top favourite merch items this morning. Haven't gone through my plushies yet, but may do so at a later point.

PocketMonsters2000badges.png

First, my "badges". They were actually a Birthday/Christmas present given to me by Keri (aka. Dragodden) many, many years ago. I've treasured them ever since and they're very nostalgic for me. Plus, they're nifty and great quality - and I assume they're a legit Pokemon 2000 product (never have had it confirmed to be honest). The badge in the lower center says "Pocket Monsters 2000 Millennium Badge".

Then there's this guy...
Dittochu.png

I bought this a couple of years back during one of my random Toronto visits. I love it so much, and I'm not even sure why. It's a Ditto Pikachu. 'Nuff said.

I sadly enough don't have any plushes. I plan on buying a Totodile because it's my favorite. I have a crap load of the original cards. (Like when they came out) And i've got a pikachu figurine that came with a pokeball. I lost the pokeball. I also have a mew keychain and a Togepi keychain. I want a plush so bad. I feel like I have not supported Pokemon enough even though I have all the regular series games including my bro's games except if you count xd and stadium 2. and ranger shadows and mystery dungeon sky.

I shall go buy a Totodile plush and I promise I'll post.

EDIT: I am posting my foil Pokemon cards too. Plus my two favorite non foils.

1116091639-1.jpg

All of my foils. Not including doubles.

1116091645-1.jpg

My rarest foils. from top left: Machamp, Entei, Meowth, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Typhlosion, Typhlosion, and Moltres.

1116091648-1.jpg

My two favorite non-foils: Totodile and Croconaw.