1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your favorite Game Over screen?

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by Talos, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Mine is Sonic 3. The music is really creepy.

2. Donkey Kong Country 2 and Resident Evil. "You are dead." It doesn't get any more basic than that.

3. Scratch that. New Super Mario Wii onwards. The music is truly haunting. Wish Nintendo would stick with the the original theme. Oh, and Super Mario World's game over is worse. Sooooooooooooo Frightning and Creepy Music!!!!!:-O:-O:-O

4. Does the battle loss scene from Pokemon count? I'm sorry, but I find it incredibly funny that a person that can take down an entire criminal organization without uttering a word except for battle commands literally PASSES OUT when they loose a battle. Also, what happens to the Trainer? Does the opposing Trainer or Wild Pokemon or a random passing Trainer wake them up so they can "scurry to the nearest Pokemon Center, protecting the injured Pokemon from further harm..."? How on Arceus's green Earth does that work? The world may never know!

5. 'Fraid it doesn't. :p

6. I like the Game Over for Undertale. I like the Asgore quotes and the theme for it.

"Stay Determined."

Sciencewars likes this.
  7. Sega Rally Championship.

Okay honestly it's nothing too special, but it's game over jingle is priceless.

OnePiecefan11 likes this.
  8. OnePiecefan11

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/shadowgirl700/
    The Metal Gear Solid game over screen is pretty good. Also, the Conker's Bad Fur Day one is pretty funny. So is Total Distortion. That song is just catchy and ridiculous lol

#8 OnePiecefan11, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  9. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Probably one of the many, many, many ways to die in the Quest for Glory series. Old Sierra adventure games are infamous for having many ways to die, but QFG's death screens in particular are phenomenally snarky in a really glorious sort of way.

10. MGS all the way :)

11. Cuphead. Every boss and every different boss phase, has a different quote. I like Cagney Carnation’s quote: “ Extreme pollination and total domination “ So creative!

12. KoL

KoL Expert FPS Player
    Staff Member Moderator

I'll always have a soft spot for this one:

[​IMG]

13. It might be weird, but Super Mario 3D World has a nice one, especially if its a 4 player one (I sound like those 20 Year old game critics)

14. I like the "Game Over" screen from TLoZ: Minish Cap, since you can save your game if you die, and after that, you can decide if you want to quit or keep playing. Pretty cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]