• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is your favorite Furfrou?

Favorite Furfrou Version?

• Heart Trim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamond Trim

• La Reine Trim

• Debutante Trim

• Matron Trim

• Dandy Trim

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Furfou, a Pokemon known primarily for the many haircuts you can give them. A normal type that is gifted with the ability to reduce physical damage thanks to it's thick fur. Better known as the poodle Pokemon.

Many people have a preferred 'cut' or version of this Pokemon. It is my wish to know which one is your favorite and why. You can even discuss the moves you've taught your Furfrou here if you like.

For myself I prefer not getting Furfrou trimmed. I enjoy the natural look and dignity held in the original design. While each form is in it's own way elegant, I find that for a male Furfrou it seems a bit silly to use many of the cuts despite the boost it provides to speed.

I like to keep my Furfrou, Scooby-Doo with a variety of moves so he is effective against different types. Thus far he knows Zen Headbutt, Dark Pulse, Charge Beam, and Giga Impact (which will later be replaced with Iron Tail).

So, what about the rest of you? Do you have a favorite cut and move set for your Furfrou?

I prefer the original overall as well but if I had to pick I would go for Pharaoh as my preferred trim. It doesn't look to puffy and gives it a nice regal look for both genders.

The last Furfrou I used in battle had the following moveset and was in a Nuzlocke run.
Sucker Punch
Return
Dig
Toxic
It worked quite well, the Fur coat ability is a godsend in a Nuzlocke run, let him stall out most of the ingame teams.

I don't have the game or anything just yet but going by design,
I'd say that the star trim is my favourite. Can't wait to get my hands on one! (:
I'd be glad to help when you can get any of the four games that can have it. I have an army of Furfrou and I don't know what to do with half of them.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Not a fan of Furfrou by any means - but of all the ridiculous haircuts it might get, I prefer leaving it as is.

I dunno, it bothers me for the same reason people putting elaborate stupid haircuts on their actual poodles does. It's a fucking animal, not your fashion doll.

ClockWork Breezy

Formerly VaporeonPlayz
I agree with Stellar. I feel bad for the poor animals. It's like, covering someone with pink paint and glitter and sending them to school. But, I like the original as well.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I pretty much agree with the comments above, but if I had to pick one I'd definitely go with the Pharaoh trim purely because of my love for all things Egyptian. As for moveset I've never used Furfrou, it's not a Pokemon I'm particularly fond of so I can't really say much on that front.

I voted for the Original and the Kabuki trim.

I like the shaggy, natural look of the Original. No sparkles and shit on it. Like a few other people have mentioned here, I hate how people really silly haircuts and stuff on poodles in real life.

I also went for the Kabuki trim. It and the Pharaoh trim are the only ones I like, the rest look immensely stupid in my opinion.