• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is something you like that everybody else seems to hate?

I lot of people I know seem to not like Mario Kart: Double Dash, but I think it's one of the best in the series! The game's fast, the multiplayer is excellent (did you know you can use LAN play to play with 8 players? I wish more people knew about this) and the game's oozing with personality at every corner, rather than the bland white and black aesthetics the new Mario Karts have these days.

I also thought Cars 2 was pretty okay when I first saw it, but that was 5 years ago.

Anchovies on pizza, watching tennis, classical music, decomposition videos (fascinating), sleeping on my stomach with arms back, cicadas, Raichu, and of course...

Mudkipz

Last edited:
Reptiles and amphibians. A lot of people seem to hate them, but honestly I have no idea why. Frogs are one of my favourite animals, yet almost everyone I know is afraid to touch frogs/toads/any reptiles for the same reason because they're afraid of getting warts. This myth has been debunked so many times I have absolutely no idea why anyone still believes it. This is turning into a rant. I just... like all reptiles and amphibians. Even if they don't have fur, they're still super neat.
Also, because someone else mentioned it, snakes aren't slimy at all. They're actually really smooth. Plus, why wouldn't you like snakes (assuming they aren't venomous. Then I understand why you wouldn't want to touch one and risk getting bitten)? They literally don't have any arms. They're essentially just slithering noodles with scales and a head. What's not to love?

Reptiles and amphibians. A lot of people seem to hate them, but honestly I have no idea why. Frogs are one of my favourite animals, yet almost everyone I know is afraid to touch frogs/toads/any reptiles for the same reason because they're afraid of getting warts. This myth has been debunked so many times I have absolutely no idea why anyone still believes it. This is turning into a rant. I just... like all reptiles and amphibians. Even if they don't have fur, they're still super neat.
Also, because someone else mentioned it, snakes aren't slimy at all. They're actually really smooth. Plus, why wouldn't you like snakes (assuming they aren't venomous. Then I understand why you wouldn't want to touch one and risk getting bitten)? They literally don't have any arms. They're essentially just slithering noodles with scales and a head. What's not to love?
Some people call them "NOPE noodles" or "danger noodles" if we're getting memey.

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
They bite you...
Anyways, I think I love more things.
I love Pokemon X and Y, but a lot of people hated it (Myself included), I mean, it's great, and the villainous team is pretty amazing! People are stupid! YOU ARE STUPID! I AM STUPID! Okay, this is turning into a hate comment. I just like them.

I like life. All my friends are so quick to go emo and be all, “Ugh. I hate my life, I just wanna die. UGH!” And I don’t get that. I love life and i just wanna keep on moving forward. Yeah. There’s something.

I also like testing days. It’s weird, but I can process test in my head quickly and get them done really fast. So I speed through a test and play video games until class is over. So testing days are cool with me.

That and all my other nerdy hobbies. (Like anime, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon.) Most people I know don’t like them because they don’t understand it. I once tried explaining Yu-Gi-Oh! to a friend’s dad and he asked me if i was on crack after I finished.

They bite you...
Not if you choose to not touch them/wear closed toed shoes when walking in snake-infested areas. Pretty much any animal will bite, yet I don't seem to see people hating wolves (for example) because they bite. I'm just saying that people seem to hate snakes even if they are nowhere near them just because they happen to be snakes. I just think they're cool animals, even though I definitely wouldn't want to get bitten by one.
But I don't want to really start discourse here, so of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this is the last thing I'll say about this (for sake of not derailing the thread). Such is just how I look at it.

Girafarig. It's not that I hear people saying that they don't like that Pokemon, but more so the fact that no one notices it or talks about it. It's one of my fave pokemon though ^.^
1399698506990.gif

The opinions on here really are controversial. Painfully so. DELPHOX IS WORSE THAN EMBOAR WAT

Anyways, here's a specific fandom thung, but Male Corrin > Female Corrin. Female Corrin is only popular becayse she's pretty (To be fair, I only like Male Corrin for the same reason)

Alright, I suppose I’ll do part two of this.
  • Younger Characters (PRPs): Nope, I ain’t talking about Pokémon the age of Clemont’s sister, I’m talking about characters that are the equivalent of toddlers and below. I get that younger Pokémon may be helpless on their own, but what if that Pokémon doesn’t want to evolve or something?
  • Fakemon (PRPs): I get that some people do not like Fakemon because it can complicate things, but I see some people treating the subject as if it was nothing more than a pile of dunce hats. (If I had to be honest, I liked Fakemon a lot more now since I am starting to get tired of using the same official Pokémon here.)

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
Slytherin. Seriously, why do so many H.P. fans hate on my fellow snakes?! Being cunning, ambitious, determined and resourceful are all badass traits. My viper pack and I are some of the coolest individuals that you could ever happen to meet, but the second some muggles or wanna-be wizards hear that I'm Slytherin; BOOM! I'm the bad guy. Excuse you, losers, but I don't believe in traditions! Neither should you. Holy Salazar... :(

Last edited:
I like life. All my friends are so quick to go emo and be all, “Ugh. I hate my life, I just wanna die. UGH!” And I don’t get that. I love life and i just wanna keep on moving forward. Yeah. There’s something./QUOTE]

In contrast to Ryan, I hate life
A lot of people seem to disagree, for some strange reason
Video games and YouTube make it pretty bearable though

Also Science
Don't hate on Physics
Physics is cool

Do people actually hate slytherins anymore? I don't pay much attention to trends so I don't know if it's still popular ,but Isn't gryffindor more disliked? For a while hufflepuff seemed like a frowned upon house though like slytherin they seem more popular now... I don't know if ravenclaw has any hate ,but they are known for characters like professor quirell, Lockhart ,and trelawney...

I don't think I'd say people hate this ,but nobody ever wants to talk about it... philosophy is what I'm referring to. There are all sorts of interesting subjects like "realism vs idealism" or René Descartes's "Cognito ergo sum". I can understand why people may not like that stuff ,but I do...

Last edited:
Yamcha from Dragon Ball, he can be pretty badass sometimes.
I mean I kick ass with him in Fighterz....or I did till I traded it in for Digimon Cyber Slueth...On that note....I like Last Order, everone says its either too Grindey or doesnt feel like a Digimon world game...I personally like it....also DIGIMON IS NOT A POKEMON RIP-OFF!!!! IT STARTED AS A TAMAGOTCHI SPINOFF!!!!....

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
I mean I kick ass with him in Fighterz....or I did till I traded it in for Digimon Cyber Slueth...On that note....I like Last Order, everone says its either too Grindey or doesnt feel like a Digimon world game...I personally like it....also DIGIMON IS NOT A POKEMON RIP-OFF!!!! IT STARTED AS A TAMAGOTCHI SPINOFF!!!!....
Let’s be honest here is digimon didn't have the ‘mon’ part it probably wouldn’t be called a Pokemon rip off. People that say it is are like 5 I swear to god.

Another thing I like is (something else dragon ball related) dragon ball got, I think it’s good.

this probably shouldn't be on the list ,but I don't see many people talk about it. Favorite pokémon based on their pokedex entries/lore/personality(A lot of people like competitive teams ,but I don't care about how my teams stack up competitively though). Ive already said that many times in other threads ,but I guess I'll go ahead and say it again... Slowpoke is my favorite because of his oblivious nature... He's kind of a relatable pokémon. Which kinda brings me to another thing I like. mono type teams. gym leaders essentially. Cause gym leaders are great and I would totally make one. Sure Gary/blue or whatever you wanna call him wasn't a mono-type gym leader but I still prefer mono-type gym leaders though...

Personally my Fabe pokemon is Absol solely based on its lore and design, why people choose faves due to competitive viability is beyond me, but anothet thing I like that seems to have alot of flak is Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 I love the characters (Lightning is badass) and the battle system is pretty decent, not the best but decent, 15 is another panned game that I loved, Dont see the hate for it....also gotta agree with @AceTrainerGold , I agree that the only reason its called a rip off is the "Mon" part....does that make monmusu a pokemon ripoff?...aparently not....like...for real if the five year olds are gonna make the Mon excuse....apply it to every "Mon" game....MonHun (Yes Ive seen Monster Hunter Abbreviated like that) is another example...but I digress....

before I go on to state what I like I just want to start off by saying I like martial arts and my favorite weapon in martial arts is the rokushakubo (japanese term which translates as six foot staff). you don't see staff use in video games much and when you do its often times magic staffs which in most cases isn't staff fighting but exclusively just spell casting weapon. Dragon age 2 and 3 was cool because the staff's had a blade on the end which could function as a melee weapon ,but so many games don't implement this. What i'd like to see more though is staff fighting like soul caliber. its not perfect as there are some crazy unrealistic techniques(though its not as bad as donatello fromt tmnt) ,but the staff fighting I like is there. not a lot of people like staffs because they aren't bladed weapons like swords or as forceful as hammers and they are often times made of wood. (theres different types of wood ,but listing them would be superfluous.). As much as I like the weapon, to anyone who either dislikes them or doesn't care for them I'm not even sure how to change their minds...

Okay, so you know Weezer? The band, not the Jimmy Neutron character. Yeah, I like their stuff.

No, I don't mean their first album, Blue, or their second album, Pinkerton, most everyone agrees that those are good. Nor am I referring to a handful of their other albums which are commonly agreed upon to be good, such as Everything Will be Alright in the End, White, or even the one that released literally yesterday to pretty good reception, OK Human. Those are all fantastic albums, but it's not quite controversial to like them.

But I find myself enjoying their Black album. Which was commonly viewed as a horrific aberration on their discography. I don't understand really why- It has a different sound, no doubt, but half of them use it to really good effect. Can't Knock the Hustle, Living in L.A., and Byzantine are all fine, perfectly catchy tunes. High as a Kite is a fantastic song, easily the best one on the album. My controversial pick is California Snow which I do enjoy despite the fact it is, as many call it, "cringe". I'll admit- No it's not the definition of flow as the lyrics would have you believe, but there's something charming about how it all works together.

Everything else is pretty boring on the album, but nothing terrible. Zombie Bastards and I'm Just Being Honest are perfectly fine tunes. The last three...yeah I ain't defending them, I even forgot one of their names lmao

I dunno how popular hating on post-Pinkerton Weezer is. There's a lot of diehard Weezer...ers who absolutely refuse to think anything after 1996 is good.

And if you don't know about Weezer, which I'm willing to bet a number of y'all don't necessarily know about them...They made Say it Ain't So, Buddy Holly, Island in the Sun, and Beverly Hills (bleh) and I'm sure you've heard one of these songs at least once.