• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What is normally your registered item?

What is normally registered in the key items slot for you?

• Town Map

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Bike

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • Poke Radar

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Pal Pad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explorer Kit

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Vs. Seeker

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Journal

• Some Kind of Rod

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • None of the Above

• Total voters
I haven't found this in here (I believe it fits here) so i decided to make it.

I love the register option, but I wonder what everyone else uses. So, I wanna know what other use, because I have reasons to believe, what item they have there can tell what that person does in the game. Example: if you have the Town Map as your registered item, then you must get lost a lot. And if your bike, know the map and wanna move fast. Poke Radar means Poke Collector, and so on. So, let's see what kind of Gamer you are!

Usually, its the Bike. If I get bored of running shoes, I just press SELECT (or Y on the DS) and go faster!
I do move my unregistered items I use a lot up. Like Poffin case and Pokeradar.

The VS. Seeker. Always, now that I'm raising a Wi-Fi team. It's pretty useful, although it's more useful now that I beat the E4. It just occured to me, I haven't played Pearl since I did. xD

Usually it's the bike since walking is so slow. I only register the pokeradar when I need to search for a pokeradar only or rare pokemon.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I haven't played on my Pearl version for a LONG time, but that's because my friend that I gave it to for safekeeping is gone to... a foreign country. But, the item that's usually registered for me is probably the bike....

I don't think I have the VS seeker yet. If I do have it, I will probably register it.

I usually have the explorer kit registered since I go underground all the time with friends. The stuff you find underground helps you to make a decent profit.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This generation, it's usually the Bike because I tend to use it every chance I get. In all past generations, though, it was a mix between the Item Finder and the Bike, leaning more towards the Item Finder.

I'm still waiting for the day that they make an option for two or more registered items. Am I wrong in the thinking that all of the buttons for D/P aren't used? I can't remember offhand.

This generation, it's usually the Bike because I tend to use it every chance I get. In all past generations, though, it was a mix between the Item Finder and the Bike, leaning more towards the Item Finder.

I'm still waiting for the day that they make an option for two or more registered items. Am I wrong in the thinking that all of the buttons for D/P aren't used? I can't remember offhand.

Yeah, I'm waiting for them to let us register 2+ items too. The start, L and R buttons weren't used at all in this game, that could so easily be 4x registered items right there.

On topic: Only item I have registered now is the Bike, since I have the Itemfind App on my Poketch and I hardly ever need to fish anymore.

When I'm training I usually have a rod on hand.. early in the game fishing dishes out a lot of exp. points.. other than that its the bike.

Soon as I get a bike, it'll be that.

Right now? Old Rod. ):

Oh well, it DID get me my Magikarp... Perhaps I'd be better setting it to the Pal Pad, or the Town Map, for the time being.

Quite simply, since I fly around instead of walk/bike, it's my Explorer Kit. You see, I'm quite into collecting everything I can in the games, and right now it's the Secret Base dolls. So frequently, I go underground. It used to be my Pal Pad when I'd do free trades, as I was so swamped with them I had to have it always ready, but now my WiFi's busted so I went with the Explorer Kit. It was the bike throughout the main adventure, though.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Yeah, I'm waiting for them to let us register 2+ items too. The start, L and R buttons weren't used at all in this game, that could so easily be 4x registered items right there.

I think the L and R triggers are used to switch menus & things like that... but not in my game, because I use the L=A button set. This worked much better in the GBA games, allowing you to play one-handed. In D/P it's not possible to play with only one hand unless you leave the DS resting on a table, but it means I only have to hold the DS in my left hand, then I stab at the touch screen with my right. I don't have to hold the entire thing with both hands.

But yeah, I agree - it would be very useful to be able to register two items. The Bike and, uh...

I have my VS. Seeker on Y at all times - because I'm always doing training of some sort.
If I need to charge up my VS seeker, I'll get the bike out of my bag - I just find it easier that way.

I tend to register whatever I'm going to need most. (eg. Training in grass= Pokeradar, Training while surfing= A fishing rod, Hatching eggs= Bike, etc.)
When I'm not doing anything specific I keep my bike on Y though.

Heh I guess I'm reposting.

A little over half of time I have the bike registered though I prefer running (too many things force you off the bike). I also have the Vs Seeker registered a lot.

Occasionally I'll have a Fishing Rod registered and in R/S/E I sometimes had the Wailmer Pail registered when I was on a berry growing binge.

B

bl00d555

im always looking for shiny pokemon so i keep my pokeradar registered

sometimes ill put my bike but not often

G

#Gecko#

My bike unless I'm fishing. VS Seeker is kinda useless since I go to the Pkmn League for training.

defenitely the town map. im always looking for wild pokemon locactions on the pokedex, so the map helps me where to go exactly, like somewhere in the middle of mt.coronet. i dont use the bike cuz i can run almost as fast with the running shoes...

its nearly always the bike, except for Ev training then I use the the vs. seeker.
However I do find those bike posts a very nifty little thing, nicely thought of, ta gamefreak (Y)