• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

what is green leaf

G

Gypcy

i keap seeing the name green leaf around but what is it like and what dos it play on?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you mean "Leaf Green", it, a long with Fire Red, are remakes of the two original games in Japan, Pocket Monsters Red and Green (for us, Pokemon Red and Blue). FR and LG aren't just ports with updated graphics, though, as they contain a brand new location called the Sevii Islands which is inhabited by lots of Johto species'. The Elite Four also have a second version (aka. different Pokemon and much higher levels). All in all, pretty good set of games to own.

... But by the off chance this has nothing to do with what you were wondering, sorry about the rambling ^^;

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I believe that if Nintendo was too lazy to put in a freakin' space, that doesn't mean that we have to be so lazy too. :p

The DS reads GBA games? I thought it wasn't backwards compatible.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, it does. But only GBA games (supposedly. I've never tried it before). DS has two slots so that you can carry both a GBA game and DS game at the same time. Verry sweet IMO ^^

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Running completely off-topic, the DS having the GBA slot also allows for expansions to the games. That's why DS boxes have a holder for a DS Card AND a GBA cart - 'cause it's very possible that some games will use both, such as games like Wario Ware Rotation, the extra stuff like motion sensors wont slip into a DS Card so they go into a GBA Cart expansion instead.

Nintendo are expectedly intending to release a Gameboy Camera style addition for the DS to use such a function.

In fact, logically - it could work pretty much like an Eye Toy would - placing YOU in the game, something the original Gameboy Camera featured in fact, long before Sony's few decent ideas actually became an idea.