• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What if Shaymin's 60% Flinch became Sleep

Introducing, Grassy Terrain, which when using nature power, gives a 30% Chance of sleep, and on shaymin, 60% Sleep. I just have this feeling that terrain might be banned now. Or at least nature power

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Knowing Smogon, who end up banning everything, I don't think Grassy Terrain itself would be banned, or even Nature Power, or even the exact combination of "A Shaymin who is on the same team as another Pokemon that can summon Grassy Terrain and knows the move Nature Power". 60% isn't much compared to the 100% accuracy Spore has, which several Pokemon can learn, or even a Compound Eyes Pokemon that uses Sleep Powder (97.5% accuracy), or just sleep powder itself (75% accuracy).

Not broken at all, and even possibly a little gimmicky. I don't see Smogon banning it anytime soon even after Gen VII hits, since that means they'd likely have to ban all sleep moves. Which is... kind of silly and removes the entire point of the Sleep Clause in general.

As for official tournaments, Shaymin's already banned so that entire point is moot.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Again, quite gimmicky (requires a bit of set-up and switching Shaymin in), and 60% chance of sleep still isn't much. Heck, if No Guard Dynamic Punch Machamp isn't banned, which gives 100% confusion and has more base power than Nature Power, I don't see this particular situation ever being banned unless Smogon decides to go on a mass banning spree.

I see your point. Still with Tapu Bulu being able to summon Grassy terrain on switch in, I have a feeling Gen VII is going to be a terrain war. Since so many pokemon summon terrain of course.