• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What I do when I'm bored

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I make singles teams out of random stuff I feel like sticking together that I'll probably never use.

Still, it's fun. Here's what my twisted mind shat out this time:

Kyurem (Kyurem-B) @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Sleep Talk

Yeah this guy isn't Uber anymore surprisingly. Base 170 Attack and 700 Base Stat Total you'd think would be instant Uber, but when your movepool is so awful it forces you to use Freeze Shock (which is the only physical Ice STAB this fool gets) and Sleep Talk, it balances you out a fair bit. That said, Choice Band + them stats + Adamant + EVs + monstrous base power on Outrage and Freeze Shock ensures that whatever Kyurem hits, it hurts. I wanted to build the team around this guy, since many will tell you I have a bit of an affinity for Ice-types.

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard

Speaking of Ice-types, more of the same from Mamoswine. Another hard hitter except the mammoth carries a priority attack and better coverage than Kyurem. His job is to slay enemy dragons and Therian formes with his Ice Shard while hitting everyone else very hard with his other moves.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Most physical Steel-types have problems with Zapdos due to his typing and deceptive bulk. Zapdos's role is to spread paralysis with Thunder Wave so that Black Kyurem has an easier time annihilating the enemy. Volt Switch allows for some hit-and-run and it lets me throw Kyurem in easier as well. The rest is as expected really.

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Thanks to B2/W2 Tentacruel can now get Giga Drain in combination with any other moves/abilities he desires. Tentacruel seems to clash a bit with Zapdos due to Toxic Spikes, but the team lacks a bit in the stallbreaking department otherwise. Giga Drain is present to knock out Gastrodon (he's an asshole) and to provide Tentacruel with a way of recovering HP outside of Rain Dish and Black Sludge. There's many alternatives I've considered for this, but I'm not sure which to go for. Scald and Rapid Spin are mandatory naturally since Scald is awesome and Kyurem doesn't like entry hazards.

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Chandelure's typing makes me wish it was a bit stronger defensively, since it is capable of single-handedly walling most of the options Sun teams use - too bad his HP is so low he'll probably get creamed by them anyway. Oh well, Choice Specs + DAT SP.ATTACK STAT will let him hit very hard, and Trick can cripple an enemy wall and make sweeping much easier. Energy Ball is for bulky Water-types, but I'm thinking of dropping it for HP Ice if dragons/Therians become an issue.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

I decided to split the defenses a little on Ferrothorn so that he can tank them bulky Water-types a bit easier. Otherwise, the set is as expected really, and I don't really have a lot to say about it.

So, yeah, tell me what you think.

Any n00bs who hate on Black Kyurem being here will be banned instantly.

I ran half of that team at some point. Black Kyurem wasnt around at that time though.
Mamoswine is my main man right after Swampert. No thick fat on it because its not legit yet I guess?

What I like the most is that this team brings a huge amount of bulk.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Huh, apparently Thick Fat Mamo is legit.

That'll have to be changed.