• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What HASN'T been Pokemon-ized?!

Shiny Eevee said:
I don't know if we really have had a proper phoenix Pokemon, unless Ho-oh and/or Moltres count?

We haven't really had one playing with the revival side of things as an ability or something, only Ho-oh with him pulling his stunt with the dogs.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Stark said:
Shiny Eevee said:
I don't know if we really have had a proper phoenix Pokemon, unless Ho-oh and/or Moltres count?

We haven't really had one playing with the revival side of things as an ability or something, only Ho-oh with him pulling his stunt with the dogs.

And don't forget the Sacred Ash. I'd say we're pretty much covered on Phoenixes, with Moltres based on a Western Phoenix (retarded flaming chicken as it is) and Ho-Oh based on an Eastern Phoenix/Fenghuang (retarded rainbow turkey as it is).

Since the crane (as in the bird) is a symbol of longevity in Japan, I'm rather surprised it hasn't been made into a Pokemon before now.

Also, I know those who dislike Pokemon based on inanimate objects might not agree, but something based on a clock would be . . . well, different. Most likely it would be a Psychic or Ghost Type, with a reference in its Pokedex entry to it being able to manipulate time.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Huh. A clock-based artifact creature could be utterly awesome if done right. While time manipulation is usually a legendary-caliber power, I could totally picture one being sort of a speed-scrambling support-type Pokemon (or a full blown Trick Room creature...)

That WOULD be a nifty idea.

I am actually still kinda hoping for a donkey pokemon. 0_o We already got a horse, cow, zebra, and even a giraffe, so I'm a little surprised we haven't seen a long-eared hoof pokemon with a tassel tail. :3 At least I expected to see one before they decided to pokemon-ize KEYCHAINS. :?