• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Happened to Cyrus?

We all know that Team Galactic's Plan is pretty crazy, Especially their Emotionless Leader Cyrus, Before we get into the Theory lets talk about the Story of Team Galactic's leader Cyrus. Cyrus was young boy he always tried to Impress his Mother and Father, No matter how hard he tried he never lived up to their Expectation's as well his Grandfather regretting to help him in a Time of need, Leaving Cyrus with no Emotion, When he grew up his goal was to Create a new World with no Emotion. And that leads us to Generation 4 where his plan is to use the Masters of Time and Space to Make his goal come true, We first meat him in Diamond and Pearl in Mt Coronet but doesn't introduce himself till the Player go's to Celestic Town at the Entrance of the Ruins, We latter battle him at Team Galactic Headquarters, After defeating him, He announces that he will Head to Mt Coronet, along with giving the Player a Master Ball, We later see him as Sky Pillar summoning Dialga or Palkia depending on which Game your Playing, However the Screen then go's to white and we don't see Cyrus or Team Galactic at Sky Pillar and we never see them again in Diamond and Pearl. He returns in Pokémon Platinum this time playing a much more Bigger antagonistic role than he did in Diamond and Pearl and we first meet him again in Lake Verity saying he'll make the world his one day. We see him again in Eterna City looking at the Pokémon Statue, The Player then meet's him again in Mt Coronet talking about the World being Ruined by Human spirit. We meet him again in the Celestic Town cave with the Player and champion Cynthia's grandmother, After defeating Cyrus in a battle Cyrus leaves. We see him again giving a Speech to Team Galactic in their Headquarter's in Veilstone city, In the Speech he tells them that they are on the Verge of Creating a New World with no Incompleteness and Strife. We battle Cyrus again in Team Galactic headquarter's and then tells the Player that his speech was a lie, and He give's the player a Master ball and says he's off to the Peak of Mt Coronet. At Spear Pillar Cyrus uses the Red Chains to Control Dialga and Palkia saying that he now has the Power to create a world without Spirit, The Player, Champion Cynthia and the Lake Trio arrive to stop Cyrus, but he shows no Reaction, Saying that their Power's are no match for Dialga and Palkia. However a Black Hole then appear's and Shadow Giratina come's out of it saving Dialga and Palkia and Dragging Cyrus to the Distortion world. The Player and Champion Cynthia follow Giratina into the Distortion World and Cyrus is encountered, The Player then battles Cyrus and defeats him. The Player then captures Giratina and leaves the Distortion World with Cyrus still in it. Team Galactic is then taken over by Charon but they're then all Arrested by the Police and Detective Looker. Cyrus is never mentioned again, So now the Question is what is Cyrus's status, We already know that in the Pokémon Anime universe, Cyrus is killed by Dialga and Palkia, But what about the Game Universe it is Possible that Cyrus died in the Distortion World or is still living, It is said the When you enter Black Hole's you enter a Different Universe, It is Possible that could've happened to Cyrus, There are after all 2 Universe's in the Pokémon Game's Mega Universe and Non-Mega Universe, It is possible that Cyrus was transported to the Mega Universe and living there now however that's just me and my Crazy Theory's, Sun and Moon however doe's show us different World's such as the Ultra Beast's World so possibly Cyrus is living with Ultra Beast's who knows?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Step one: There's a whole lot more than two universes/dimensions - It's a multiverse. Ever gameplay session is a parallel world in its own universe. B/W touched on this vaguely through a particular sidequest in Opelucid and the global link thing even before OR/AS came along with the delta episode and went even more explicit about the multiple universes.

Step two: Deities know WHAT is Cyrus up to. in Diamond/Pearl, his fate is not even given a second look (I believe it was something to the line of "I shall have my revenge! *fucks off and leaves everything to Saturn*"). Meanwhile, in Platinum he's stuck in the Distortion World - which is a parallel dimension linked deeply TO the world/universe-instance which he came from. This was his own choice, because all he ever wanted, sociopath that he is, is a "pure, perfect world" devoid of spirit - where nothing alive exists but himself because "spirit begets conflict". Bleeding typical jRPG loon. Unfortunately for him, in spite of what his mental illness might tell him, the dude's a human and unless those waterfalls going sideways are potable water and the weird plants are edible, he's going to die of lack of food and water (unless, in desperation, he eats his Pokemon, or tries to, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if he died a lot faster). At least he'd die happy. The only known point where the universe seem to intersect is in places where 'reality' is fairly thin (such as Turnback Cave). And even so, is it thin enough for him to ever fall out of the distortion world or does it require Being Giratina to be able to cross dimensions like that?

Because if so, Cyrus is no Giratina. He's in this for the long run and he probably did not think this through. There IS the vague possibility that the distortion world might affect things stuck in it for a prolonged period of time, of course, or that eventually Giratina may break its bond with the PC and return to the Distortion World to claim what is its own again - basically, though, no matter how you look at it, things are not looking good for Cyrus. Which, considering his nature, is probably for the best.

Either way, to the best of our awareness, the Distortion World has dick-all to do with Ultra Space. Completely separate parallel dimensions connected to the playable characters' worlds through COMPLETELY different means. As there is currently no instance of the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum storyline within the X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon continuity, this is all academic anyway - Cyrus is not relevant to that branch of the Pokemon reality yet. I can only assume that when the inevitable Sinnoh remakes happen (because we all know Game Freak will never stop milking THAT cow) we'll have some clue re: some instance of Cyrus anyway. Same instance as the Plat one(s)? No. But I somehow strongly doubt they're going to bridge THAT gap anytime soon.

(and while the Multiverse theory DOES suggest that anything that can plausibly happen has probably happened in SOME fork of reality and therefore there's probably SOME particular esoteric pocket of possibility where A Cyrus somehow ended up falling through the distortion world into SOME branch-universe of the X/Y/OR/AS/Su/Mo branch. The probability of that eventuality affecting the main series games is beyond astronomical.)

I was just thinking about something StellarWind said. He said the Distortion World would mess with the Ultra Space and normal Multiverses. Well- I just might have a possible theory. I'm a huge fan of the Flash on CW, so I've seen countless theories that don't make sense logically but they do in the context of a show about someone who can run faster than light. The same applies here. There are animals that control elements to beat each other senseless! Normal science was not very effective!
So here's my theory: in a video I saw by [I don't remember] explaining the multiverses in Pokemon. He had drawn them out on a chalkboard. I believe they actually line up like this. On a 2-Dimensional plane so to speak. The Distortion World manages not to interfere because it is located behind this chalkboard of multiverses. It moves onto a 3-Dimensional plane. And on the other side of the chalkboard is some world in which Arceus resides. I hope that Arceus-realm exists. Maybe we'll learn about it in D/P remakes. Because those are gonna happen. Nintendo loves its money.
Well- thanks for listening to my idea!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure where you got that I said that "the Distortion World would mess with the Ultra Space and normal Multiverses" from - because I most certainly did not say that. I literally said that they have nothing to do with each other and that the distortion world and ultra space are connected to the 'mainline' universes by entirely different means - Ultra Space is connected to the 'mainline' multiverses via the Ultra Wormhole and represents another "universe", entirely separate from the mainline one. The Distortion World, in the meantime, is more directly linked to the mainline multiverses - it is stated to be a world on the "reverse side" of the main world, and some canons state that things that happen in the Distortion World affect their counterparts in the mainline world and vice-versa.

The reading comprehension is not strong with this one. <<

Sorry :p I speed-read through your original post. So I guess my theory has absolutely nothing to do with yours. But it stills stands because I'm a sci-fi nerd!