• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What games need sequels?

This is a question I think about a lot. I've got three ideas, but these are a bit out-of-date.

The Pokepark Series: I'm a huge fan of these games, but it hasn't yet been updated for the Gen 6. WHY?! It would be so awesome to go around with all the new Pokemon! And Mega Evolution could up the gameplay even more! This series NEEDS a sequel.

The Sonic Adventure Series: Now, you could say that Sonic Heroes (or... *Cough* 06 *Wheeze*) could be considered sequels. But they're not true Sonic Adventure! The games have awesome controls, awesome story, awesome music... that is Sonic at his best. WE NEED A SONIC ADVENTURE 3, PEOPLE!

The Super Mario 64 series: This series already has two installments (well, three if you count Sunshine) but we need more of this awesome format. And sure, the Super Mario Galaxy series could be considered a successor. In that case, give us Galaxy 3!

Well, that's my opinion. Now, how about you guys? What do you think we need sequels to?

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Oh the feels.

Okami: I know, I know... It has a sequel. But I want to play as Ameratsu again! Not Chibi! I also think having the option to play as the other Gods would be cool. Running around blowing people down as Kazegami...<.>

Pokemon Conquest: I like what they did with this one. The different layout, different kind of story, and different utensils and concepts. The story was cool, the challenge was real and it was overall a good game in my opinion. Making a 3d version with the new megas and the X and Y Pokemon would be Amazing!

Pokemon Rangers: I only played Ranger signs, but that was one of the best games I played. My brother and I spent countless hours playing our 'stories' in the large world that you could explore. That's basically the game that made me fall in love with Latias.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Something with similar gameplay but with updated with characters that recently came into the universe, like Kamala Khan, Miles Morales and the new Wasp.

Pokemon Conquest: I like what they did with this one. The different layout, different kind of story, and different utensils and concepts. The story was cool, the challenge was real and it was overall a good game in my opinion. Making a 3d version with the new megas and the X and Y Pokemon would be Amazing!
Yes... all of the yes, maybe not 3d, i liked the look.

A Black/White sequel that only has Unova Pokemon, as kind of a reboot, especially for all those people who think there are way to many Pokemon.

Something Super Mario which isn't the same worlds again and again.

PokePark

I think Sonic and the Black Knight also needs a sequel. Or a HD remake. But I think people hate it, even though I love the game and the lore makes you feel like you're in Hyrule... But with Sonic! :D

One of my favorite franchises of all time is Breath of Fire. Have all the games and I'm currently replaying BoF3. I want just a simple turn-based RPG, but NEW.
That's something that bugs me. Most RPGs are either action or have that damn active time battle gauge (which I deeply despise). I like my action RPGs just fine, but what happened to simple turn-based ones? Aside from Pokemon, I mean.

I absolutely love the Super Mario Galaxy games, so a third installment would be a dream come true.

A sequel to any Spyro game would be great as well. I want Spyro back, not this Skylanders trash...

Man, I'm still holding out for a new Golden Sun game, but it's been long enough with no news that I'm thinking it's a dead series. Same with F-Zero - another game in the vein of GX would be amazing, but I doubt we're getting one.

I also want another Robopon. If a hypothetical Robopon 3 improves on 2 by the same amount that 2 improved on the originals, 3 could be one of the best games of all time.

Oxenfree, Mibibli's quest, So many more I can list. One of the best ones I have though is... drumroll please... Mirror's edge 3? yeah. I guess.

• Crash Bandicoot: I know that the remastered version will come out in 2017, but I mean a new Crash game, with new characters, levels, etc.
  • Monster Lab: I played Monster Lab in the PS2, and I don´t know how many people have heard of it, or played it, but that game is pretty good, and I highly recommend it to everyone.
  • Spyro: One of my favourite games of all time. Spyro needs to come back. I think that "Insomniac Games" should buy the rights again and make a great Spyro game, instead of another Ratchet & Clank game (I never said that the R&C games are bad, they are pretty good, but I prefer Spyro)
  • Jak & Daxter: I only played one of the J&D games, and I don´t even remember which one I played, but I´ve seen videos about J&D 1, 2 and 3, and they´re pretty good. Naughty Dog should make another one.

I think that Croc needs a sequel. I played Croc LotG and Croc 2, and they're pretty good (insert iDubbbz video), so I want a Croc 3, but with new graphics.

Also, another game that deserves a sequel is Conker Bad Fur Day, or maybe Banjo Kazooie.

Last edited:
New list:
Pokemon Sun 2 and Moon 2
obvious but black 3 and white 3
Titanfall 3
Unravel 2
much more that i can list, but i dont want to spam

I like to think the force unleashed 2 could use a sequel. It ends in two ways... either the protagonist(star killer) lives and they take darth Vader captive or he is killed by a star killer clone. Either way it's a cliff hanger and could use a sequel or at the very least some kind of closure would be nice... (like come on! Dont leave us wondering. Some people like unsolved mysteries, but I don't. I like knowing things.)

I think that Dragon Ball Fusions deserves a sequel. That game was one of my favourite games to play on 3DS.
It had an original idea, original story and played hugely differently to the other Dragon Ball games coming out at the time.

*Insert obvious answer of Diamond and Pearl*

Outside of Pokemon games, A Hat in Time could use a sequel. IIRC, they released DLC for it fairly recently, but it's still a great game. If anyone's heard of a game called The Witness, I think that it would be really cool if it had a sequel. The game itself doesn't really have any sort of coherent story (only in small hints and cryptic notes), but it's just so beautiful and the puzzles are astounding. Moreover, it has some of the best optional/secret content of any game I've ever played so... On another note, I think The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past deserves a 3D remake. I know we got Link Between Worlds, but it didn't really feel that similar to me.

I'd love to see a sequel to Ghost Trick! In terms of plot, I don't think that anything new needs to be explored, so it would be super neat to see a new cast of characters. Ghost Trick has some really fun mechanics and I'd love to see them revisited a decade after the initial game!

The Alright Attorney

Previously AlrightAttorney
I'd love to see a sequel to Ghost Trick! In terms of plot, I don't think that anything new needs to be explored, so it would be super neat to see a new cast of characters. Ghost Trick has some really fun mechanics and I'd love to see them revisited a decade after the initial game!

I literally came here to say ONLY this, I had no other answer in mind. Ghost Trick is such a fun world, with brilliant gameplay, stunning style, and a killer soundtrack. I'd love to see more.

Saoirse Fiàin

Previously Saorise Fiain
As of today, kid icarus uprising came out 2,909 days ago. That's how long I've been waiting for a sequel.

Also, pokemon conquest was an awesome game. Most of the pokemon spinoffs were amazing, I'd say some were even better than the main series games. But it seems like the pokemon company left those games in the dust so we would probably never get a sequel to any of them. There is a glimmer of hope with the new mystery dungeon game for switch but I wouldn't get too excited about the future of pokemon spinoffs unfortunately.

I'd like to see this game get a reboot...
pokemoncolosseum_gcnbox.jpg