• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What do you name yourself in-game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pieguy010 said:
I have always named myself myself except on my first play through of LeafGreen, where i called myself Ash. This was the only time i have ever completed the ENTIRE FREAKING GAME!! and now i only call myself Linus, which happens to be my real name. What a coincidence!
My cat's name is Linus! lol!

Usually I name myself the names of my characters in stories, Some of which are:
Fire red- Furean
Sapphire- ?
Emerald- May
Diamond- Annie
Platinum- Annie
SS1- Lyra
SS2- Lyra
In White, I'm intending to name my character, Annabeth, Hope, or Trinity, I don't know which

R.I.P.
Characters I deleted
Amanda
Saphire
April

Sapphire-Yui
Emerald-Yuki (That was a guy)
Diamond-Kotoha
Platinum-(My real name)
HeartGold-Korora

Meh, that's for the current ones. I often restarted, except for HG, in which I never did.
I often used Pokemon Movie Names, such as Bianca or Lorenzo.

In order:

Crystal: Seth
Silver: Jason
Ruby: Matt
LG: James
Emerald: Sean
Daimond: Matt
Pearl: John
Platinum: Jonathan
HG/SS: James
B/W: Aaron

That's pretty much it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my real name not that anyone cares what it isfor my actual console games. I just use the name "Black" for my emulator games (my rival is always named White on those, too).

I always name myself the default name for the character. In Platinum I always uses Lucas, In HeartGold Ethan and when I get my hand on pokemon Black/White (not sure which one I'll get. It's a hard choice) I'll go with the male character and name it it's default american name (the japanese is Touya). When I used to play pokemon diamond I still used Lucas, and in every two-version game I got I plan on playing with the girl on the the other version, but my little crybaby brother always want to play pokemon, even thought he only plays because he likes the pokemon, and only make pokemon stronger by geting a lot of rare candies by cheats, and only to evolve than. He himself only battle when it's needed to go to other places, and when he does so his pokemon are already so rare candy leveled up that he can defeat even the elite four with one move. When I was 4 year old, when I played pokemon red, I still didn't knew the characters had predetermined names, so I named myself Ash and the rival Gary, even thought I knew that they weren't the same characters from the anime. And that time my lil' brother didn't existed. I don't know why, but after what I wrote here, I'm not in the mood to end this post with a Ciao.

Gold: Color (my brother came up with that name)
Crystal: Allan (after my grandfather)
Sapphire: Color
Emerald: Rolly (cool name!)
Leaf Green: Rolly (well, my friend chose the name Wolly and i thought: what the heck, lets re-use Rolly)
Sapphire Nuzlocke: Rolly (that is my favourite name!)

Pretty much throughout the pokemon games I have played I have used my real name (classified). :-X

but I have used nicknames like Silclaw, (short abbreviation of Silver Claw) Wallac, and Rachael (since it is easier (for me) to receive a female starter pokemon if I choose to start as a girl (to use in breeding)) ???

Though I wished that when I started Soulsilver I choose ATeam as my name, :'(
well maybe in black/white version I'll name my character that. ;D

I usually go with the name of one my OCs, but more recently, I've been going by Shocari, even though I typically reserve that for a pokemon. I pick the name based on the color of the game, because I'll use the corresponding OC. Examples:

Ruby: Reyson
Sapphire: Raphael
Emerald: Sakaki
Pearl: Kasumi(chose a girl for that one, yepyep)
Platinum: I keep resetting for Nuzlockes.
HeartGold: Shocari
Black: Grace

i just go with my real name so others will know it but when i get black and white i well ferst choose a fav type and make all my pokemon that type
and change my name to match the type and my pokemon
heres a list of names i might use
fire (heatris)
water (waltien)
grass (gussy)
fighting (combolt)
dragon (draco)
steel (steellin) just made up
ghost (glayden)
flying (falco)
electric (flash)
poison (toxoyed)
rock (hardnall)
dark (nighthan)
ground (grandcheso) hahahahaha
i think i can make the names better but i cant think of any better names so thats it.

Thinking...
Red: Luke
Blue: Luke
Yellow: Luke
Fire Red: Jack (boy)
Leafgreen: Alex (girl)
S/G/C: Luke (boy)
Ruby: Storm (boy)
Emerald: Alex (girl)
Platinum: Ash (boy)
HG: Luke (boy)
SS: Alex (girl)
PMD: My pokemon's name
Ranger 1/2: Alex (girl)
Ranger 3: Luke (boy)
Black (japanese version): Adam (boy)

I used to name my characters after myself but now I name all of them Layni. Which is weird, because my OC Layene/Layni(Her friends call her by her full name, people she knows call her Layni, and strangers either don't talk to her or call her Layene Silverlight) began after I used the name for my character when I restarted my SoA game.

I always use my real name. The only game I haven't used it is Emerald, because my little sister and I share a copy. We used the name Indi, simply because we both like that name.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Blue: Brian
Yellow: Originally Ash, then I restarted and named myself Yellow.
Silver: Silver
Crystal: Brian
Sapphire: Brian
Emerald: Brendon
Pearl: Pearlz
Platinum: Brian
White: Shirou. Shirou is Japanese for White and I plan on using him as a new OC which is why he isn't getting named Brian like the rest of the odd numbered Generation first games.

AAAAA. Cause I'm just too damned lazy to think of something else. But I think in Emerald, my name was Simon because my friend started the game.

I've come up with a selection of names over the years, some my own name, others ones I made up. One or two taken straight out of the manga >>

LeafGreen: Philip
Yellow: Gold
Saphire: Miele (why did I pick the girl :0 )
diamond: Nicole (girl again wut)
Heart Gold: Indie
Touhoumon Blue ;D :Indie

Status
Not open for further replies.