• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What Could the Next Pokemon Generation be Called?

That's sorta' lot for a pokemon game but maybe they could use new minerals for example; Topaz or aquamarine. But I think those names might be used for gold and silver remake if there is one.

gold:Topaz silver:AquaMarine

Naming pokemon after flavors would be interesting and all but the people who are not to bright would probably die from eating pokemon =D So I guess they should just stick to tradition and keep naming them after colors lol.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Here's how it's going to be.

- Paper and Plastic: Meowths and Murkrows are very common, the Game Corner is three floors big and features online. The police will shut it down several days later. Onoes.

- Vegas and Miami: Virtually identical plot-wise, although regions and gym leaders are vastly different. Vegas's main character is deaf and awesome, Miami's is red-haired, annoying and horrendously badly acted.

- Black and White: Starters are a monkey, a cow and a lion, all of which are vaguely anthropomorphic but not entirely and just end up looking ridiculous. The rival is the mastermind behind the evil team. Attack names are replaced with silly drawings with the stylus. There are no real gyms, and most of the time you have no IDEA what you're supposed to do. You do have a strange urge to look for scrolls everywhere...

- Golden Sun and Silver Moon: Remakes of G/S/C, with a few slight differences. Battle system is 3D-ish and looks rather revolutionary for about five seconds. The type chart is significantly narrowed to four types, named after planets. Also, the main character never says a word, but everyone understands him perfectly. Did I mention that for the second part of the game you get to play as the rival then you both team up to stop Team Rocket from unleashing the evolutionary power of alchemy?

- Orange and Apple: Everything in Orange Version is all shiny and new. Everything in Apple Version is all dusty and messy. However, Orange version has no plot significance whatsoever and only Apple is required to get anywhere in-game. Magnezone sightings are VERY common, and Sudowoodo are notorious for exploding on contact.

- Speed and Power: PokéMon are all revealed to have originated from the same tree. Evolution goes out the roof, type charts go mad, everyone speaks badly translated Engrish. You don't get a choice on your starter, but you can have more than two PokéMon out in the same time. Also, A lot of things have guns for arms, for some reason.

- Nitrogen and Glycerin: Link them together for an EXPLOSIVE GAMING EXPERIENCE!

- Ages and Seasons: They start off the same with a different color tint, you have different PokéMon accessible to you. One's full of annoying HM puzzles, the other is nearly none stop battling. Sure, they're connected to each other in some obscure way, but I'll be damned if I can figure out HOW!

And lastly...

- Heaven and Hell.With a special Purgatory Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:

- Paper and Plastic. Meowths and Murkrows are very common, the Game Corner is three floors big and features online. The police will shut it down several days later. Onoes.

- Black and White. Starters are a monkey, a cow and a lion, all of which are vaguely anthropomorphic but not entirely and just end up looking ridiculous. The rival is the mastermind behind the evil team. Attack names are replaced with silly drawings with the stylus. There are no real gyms, and most of the time you have no IDEA what you're supposed to do. You do have a strange urge to look for scrolls everywhere...

- Golden Sun and Silver Moon - Remakes of G/S/C, with a few slight differences. Battle system is 3D-ish and looks rather revolutionary for about five seconds. The type chart is significantly narrowed to four types, named after planets. Also, the main character never says a word, but everyone understands him perfectly. Did I mention that for the second part of the game you get to play as the rival then you both team up to stop Team Rocket from unleashing the evolutionary power of alchemy?

- Orange and Apple - Everything in Orange Version is all shiny and new. Everything in Apple Version is all dusty and messy. However, Orange version has no plot significance whatsoever and only Apple is required to get anywhere in-game. Magnezone sightings are VERY common, and Sudowoodo are notorious for exploding on contact.

- Speed and Power - PokéMon are all revealed to have originated from the same tree. Evolution goes out the roof, type charts go mad, everyone speaks badly translated Engrish. You don't get a choice on your starter, but you can have more than two PokéMon out in the same time. Also, A lot of things have guns for arms, for some reason.

- Nitrogen and Glycerin - Link them together for an EXPLOSIVE GAMING EXPERIENCE!

- Ages and Seasons - They start off the same with a different color tint, you have different PokéMon accessible to you. One's full of annoying HM puzzles, the other is nearly none stop battling. Sure, they're connected to each other in some obscure way, but I'll be damned if I can figure out HOW!

And lastly...

I didnt know it was possible to laugh that hard o.o Excuse me while I go and re-eat my lung.

Woooow...I especially liked Heaven and Hell..Though Im sure Satan would hunt me down, and Jesus would not be happy with my eathly activities..
OMG What if we could BATTLE Jesus...O.O

Someone needs to make a haxxord version of Pokemon Heaven and Hell...

- Golden Sun...Did I mention that for the second part of the game you get to play as the rival then you both team up to stop Team Rocket from unleashing the evolutionary power of alchemy?

I lol'd.

I always imagined that the TCG set "Golden Sky, Silvery Sea" would lead to the announcement of a REAL GS remake, and I still think that it would make a good name.

- Orange and Apple: Everything in Orange Version is all shiny and new. Everything in Apple Version is all dusty and messy. However, Orange version has no plot significance whatsoever and only Apple is required to get anywhere in-game. Magnezone sightings are VERY common, and Sudowoodo are notorious for exploding on contact.

I love you... in a purely platonic way, of course.

I could see a Fork and Spoon version, where you only get to visit one city in each game... and only the museums in each city, at that.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And of course, one version will be full of fossil PokéMon and the other will have ancient artifact creatures like Bronzors and Baltoys...

... The Fossil-ful version, by the way, will have a twisted dark alternate dimension where yes means no and no means yes. And Teleporter Puzzles. HELLO and GOODBYE! ^_^

- Paper and Plastic: Meowths and Murkrows are very common, the Game Corner is three floors big and features online. The police will shut it down several days later. Onoes.

- Vegas and Miami: Virtually identical plot-wise, although regions and gym leaders are vastly different. Vegas's main character is deaf and awesome, Miami's is red-haired, annoying and horrendously badly acted.

- Black and White: Starters are a monkey, a cow and a lion, all of which are vaguely anthropomorphic but not entirely and just end up looking ridiculous. The rival is the mastermind behind the evil team. Attack names are replaced with silly drawings with the stylus. There are no real gyms, and most of the time you have no IDEA what you're supposed to do. You do have a strange urge to look for scrolls everywhere...

- Golden Sun and Silver Moon: Remakes of G/S/C, with a few slight differences. Battle system is 3D-ish and looks rather revolutionary for about five seconds. The type chart is significantly narrowed to four types, named after planets. Also, the main character never says a word, but everyone understands him perfectly. Did I mention that for the second part of the game you get to play as the rival then you both team up to stop Team Rocket from unleashing the evolutionary power of alchemy?

- Speed and Power: PokéMon are all revealed to have originated from the same tree. Evolution goes out the roof, type charts go mad, everyone speaks badly translated Engrish. You don't get a choice on your starter, but you can have more than two PokéMon out in the same time. Also, A lot of things have guns for arms, for some reason.

- Nitrogen and Glycerin: Link them together for an EXPLOSIVE GAMING EXPERIENCE!

- Ages and Seasons: They start off the same with a different color tint, you have different PokéMon accessible to you. One's full of annoying HM puzzles, the other is nearly none stop battling. Sure, they're connected to each other in some obscure way, but I'll be damned if I can figure out HOW!

And lastly...

Epic Winz...

I've never given it much thought, actually I'm still trying to figure out what Diamond and Pearl's child is gonna be...

uhh...Pokemon Light and Pokemon Darkness? With a child called Twilight? lul sorry Kingdom Hearts fan....

If another game was to be made it would have to be named after a certain pokemon in the game.
For example Red/ Charizard, Blue/ Blastoise, Yellow/ Pikachu, Gold/ Ho-ho, Silver/ Lugia etc.
The next pokemon versions made either before or after the G/S remakes should be called Jade and Opal
I think the Pokemon based off this would be quite interesting. As for the Gold and Silver remakes, I think they should be called Sunny Gold Version and Moonlit Silver Version.

I'm going to be simple and classic and say Pokemon Light and Pokemon Dark featuring legendary (or not) Psychic and Dark Pokemon respectively. Maybe we could incorporate the sun and the moon into this.

And there NO saying that light is good and dark is bad. We've had enough of that BS in Digimon Season two. Sorry for that minirant.

- Ages and Seasons - They start off the same with a different color tint, you have different PokéMon accessible to you. One's full of annoying HM puzzles, the other is nearly none stop battling. Sure, they're connected to each other in some obscure way, but I'll be damned if I can figure out HOW!

Aren't there two LoZ series games subtitled as "Oracle of Ages" and "Oracle of Seasons"?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, David, that is what I was alluding to, mostly-puzzle and mostly-action references too. ;P

Most of this list is references to stuff. ;P

"Golden Sky and "Silver Sea" would be the perfect names for the G/S/C remakes IMO.

"Pokemon Garlic and Onion"-From the fine people that brought you Wario Ware: Micro-games! The game-play doesn't stink like the names, but it's bound to bring tears (of joy) to your eyes!

I don't see why a Wario Ware series game wouldn't want to feature a Pokemon Parody.

Pokemon: Hot & Cold (AGH! it burns my DS is burning me!! Brr... it got-like 2 degrees in here! what the heck?!)

Pokemon:Love and Hate (Possibility of playing both sides- good and evil)

building on that Pokemon:paper and plastic idea... The hero could be working in a grocery store instead of journeying about the world. You are paid minimum wage, and you buy pokemon from the store when you get enough money. Then you battle your friends when they come to the store. Oh, I am so brilliant and stupid at the same time...

I've got it, guys.

- Pokemon Naruto/ Pokemon Sasuke. In these triligies, you're a ninja who takes up training as a side-hobby. The difference being In PN, your character is upbeat. In PS, your just crazy. O_o

Most of this list is references to stuff. ;P

Yes, like Pokemon Nitrogen and Glycerin is referring to bombs. (Or something along the lines of that.)

David466]"Pokemon Garlic and Onion"-From the fine people that brought you Wario Ware: Micro-games! The game-play doesn said:
XD XD XD cough..cough...excuse me a second. (Drinks water) There we go.

I really like Carmen Lopez's idea of Pokemon Light and Pokemon Dark. The starters could be Espeon (for Light) and Umbreon (for Dark).

How 'bout: Pokemon Bronze and Pokemon Platinum

Bronze and platinum don't strike me as being anywhere near close to being equal in value. Otherwise, the Bronze Medal would be first place, not third.

As for Light and Dark, having one Legendary be Psychic and the other Dark would unbalance the game as one Legendary would have a serious advantage over the other. They might as well be Psychic and Poison. Psychic and Ghost might work, or Normal and Dark.

-Pokemon Space and Earth version
-Pokemon Rainbow and Colorless version
-Pokemon Dark and Light version
-Pokemon SkyBlue and and Lightning Yellow

I can't think of any more.

In my opinion, I'm really hoping that Nintendo'll come up with a Johto remake. Even if Johto was connected with Kanto, it's like...not there. >_>; A friend and I thought of some names.

Fool's Gold - Heh, don't ask.
Sterling Silver - Shiny...
And Crystal Clear.

As for a "new" region/generation... I've been thinking for a while that Sinnoh's probably going to be the last of the Pokemon regions. I mean, Sinnoh already has Dialga and Palkia, who control time and space... And even Arceus. The "God" of all Pokemon, apparently. Can't get any uber than that, I think. o_o; I still need to get my hands on D/P, though... xD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, don't worry. They'll find a more warped, contrived epic plot. Trust in GameFreak, for they are psychotic enough to bend reality to their very whims....

As for Light and Dark, having one Legendary be Psychic and the other Dark would unbalance the game as one Legendary would have a serious advantage over the other. They might as well be Psychic and Poison. Psychic and Ghost might work, or Normal and Dark.

No, not necessarily. At first glance Kyogre looks like it has a serious advantage of Groudon but it doesn't. Groudon's Drought ability and the fact that it can learn Solarbeam equals it out somewhat. And besides, you should have seen what Lucian's Alakazam did to my poor Weavile with his Focus Blast attack. Lugia also has a serious advantage over Ho-oh, it being able to learn water moves and all.