• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What!Comics.com and Pokemon Adventures

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I found out something extremely interesting today. A website called What!Comics has been distributing english versions of the Pokemon Adventures manga - volumes that weren't released by Viz (aka. the Johto and Hoenn sagas). It's a bit confusing, though... One part of the website says they don't ship outside of Singapore while another says they will if you email them your location. Has anyone ever dealt with them before or know someone who has?

I was a hardcore fan of this series' straight up to the last of Yellow Caballero and I'd do anything to get my hands on more. If this site will finally allow to me achieve that money is no object. I'd pay anything to get them :evil:
(EDIT: Actually, over $100 and we've got problems ;p)

Anyone else around here a fan of the series?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Woah... I just emailed them yesterday afternoon and already they've replied back :shock:

My first email was basically asking if they shipped into Canada, and they responded:

"Hi,

Thank you for your interest. Currently there is a shortage of Vol.08, 9
and
13, I will email you back once I have my stock replenish.

Thanks!

Jasmin
What!Comics"

I guess that means they do ship here! If you're interested you should contact them too, TBA. Just email them at support@whatcomics.com, tell them your location, and which vols. you want. From what I've heard they're a pretty reliable site and won't cheat you out of cash. You'll probably have to set up a PayPal account, tho.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bumpity... I'm a weak, weak person :oops:

I got my okay for the issues today (numbers 8 to 15) but after seeing the proposed price I'm not so sure if money's "no object" anymore... It's going to be 96 American Dollars for the comics, air mail, and insurance. Technically the shipment prices are MORE than the actual comics. Then there's the whole American-to-Canadian conversion factor which means it'll be around $119 Canadian... Oi! x.x

Do you guys think 7 comics are really worth almost $120? Even if they are Pokemon and I have no other way to get 'em, that's a lot of money that I don't have. I'm still tempted to go for it, tho... I wish I'd already paid my University fees :?

What! you mean it no longer grows on trees?

I'd probably buy them too, then feel guilty about not having paid my uni fees either :oops:

Oh and I daren't try to convert it into NZ dollars :shock:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The interesting part is that its $25 less American to ship anywhere in thwe US, yet the second they hit the Canadian boarder it doubles. Call me crazy, but that seems like bad math to me ;p

Still trying to decide... It's that whole debate where "After you get them will the money matter anymore?" Just gotta make sure that I actually have the money to spend first ^^;

Actually the most useful aspect of plastic notes is that you can put 'em in disgusting things and get poor fools to fish them out. Great for parties.