• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are YOU thankful for? Thanksgiving thread!

If you celebrate Thanksgiving (or even if you don't, but still have thanks), then post what you're thankful for here!

I'm thankful for all of the people who love and support me, despite my shortcomings and failures. :blush:

So, what are your thanks?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Heh, what am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for my friends and my closest friends. Those that stand by me and don't judge in times of need, those that love me for me and protect me and put up with me even in my worst states. The friends that joke and laugh and tease me, but still love me. I am definitely thankful for my friends. ^^

I'm thankful for my boyfriend too, for loving and treasuring me and looking out for me and not judging and generally being a really, really wonderful guy that I am very lucky to have. ♥

I'm thankful for my family too, of course.

Also thankful for all the poor people that have to work with me and put up with my craziness and random whims and general nonsense~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is coming a bit late but I found myself writing it elsewhere and figured it fit this topic best.

Today, as a staff function at my work place, a group of us have volunteered to help out with preparing meals, serving said meals, and cleaning up at the local soup kitchen. In an almost clichéd manner this made me start to ponder the last few years of my life: where I am now and where I would be if not for the various people who've supported me through the rougher times.

I'm not known to be an ungrateful person and likely lay on my appreciation a bit too thick at times, so cherishing the positive things in my life isn't some newfound state of mind, but I honestly don't know if I've ever realistically considered what state I'd be in if not for those cherished supports. All of the hugs, the kind words; all the times that people put themselves out for me and wouldn't leave me be until I was better; shoulders to cry on; all of the gifts and reminders that I'm as special to them as they are to me; all of the food, financial support, the assistance with annoying or difficult tasks, or kind gestures; the trust that I can learn from my mistakes and acceptance of my imperfections; and everyone who's waited on me and still cared even though it seemed as though I'd stopped caring about them. All of it. I'm so deeply thankful for it all.

Thinking in "what ifs" is somewhat meaningless because if my situation were different I likely would have adapted and behaved differently as well, but considering my worser states and what dragged me out of them... That wasn't my strength alone. It's almost scary thinking about it. So again I say thank you to all of the people and critters who've stuck by me, because without them? I truly don't know where I would be right now. I love each and every one of them and could never thank them enough for loving a fool like me too. ♥

What am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for my parents because they housed me, clothed me and fed me and even given me things such as my laptop and my phone, I know I don't seem to appreciate them but I do

I'm thankful for Charms especially now, with attention from my family waning as it slowly falling apart, Charms is really probably one of the only things in my life, I don't really have anyone for me outside of Charms. I can firmly say without you guys and the support you give me, I'd have nothing positive in my life and I probably wouldn't be here to type this now.

The only thing I can probably be thankful for is school/college/university, yeah they're a terrible part of my life and make me want to die from the work loads but I'm thankful for giving me an education so I have a chance to have a decent paying job and have access to more opportunities, whether I survive that long is a different question.

I know my choice may seem a bit petty but I can't really think of any other significant aspect of my life that I'm thankful for