• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Currently playing Super Smash Bros. Wii U and loving it! I've been quite taken by the Amiibo aspect of it, too, and find myself shoving my Pikachu Amiibo figure into battle at every opportunity. :3

I've not had the chance to try every mode of the game yet but I'm slowly working my way through it to give everything a go. It's very pretty on a big HD screen. ♥ I've been playing it thus far with my GamePad but I'm still debating whether or not to shovel out the money for the GCN controller adaptor. Will continue to debate that one.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Currently playing Warlords of Draenor now that Blizzard has finally fixed it.

Now that it does work it is definitely one of the better expansions so far even if the end-game content is currently very thin on the ground.

I'm playing Super Smash Bros 4 for 3DS and I love it and I'm also getting Pokemon Omega Ruby for my birthday and that's December 26 so I CAN'T WAIT!

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I just completed Never Alone (Kisima Inŋitchuŋa) and it's a very beautiful game. Don't get me wrong, it's very short (I completed it and 100% it in the space of an afternoon) and therefore pricey at just over £10, but I really enjoyed it and found the idea behind it very appealing. It tells a story from Alaskan folklore and you play as a girl and an Arctic Fox.

pokeman266

2015 Singles Champion
Well I'm mainly playing Super Smash bros 4 at the moment. Another game that I'm playing is Town of Salem, a free browser based game.

Other than Pokemon AS, I've been trying to get into the .Hack GU games again. I do really want to play them but... I'm just lacking the drive to put in the work...

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm at that super awkward stage where I have to chose between Alpha Sapphire, the beautiful squee inducing remake of my favorite Pokemon game, and the newest addition to my favorite videogame series, KH2.5, the HD Final Mixes never before released in America. If only I could split myself into Heartless and Nobody to play both games at once! @.@

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Currently playing through Descent, an old-school first-person space shooter from the early 90s on PC that is infamous for either killing you with motion sickness or killing you with savage robots.

It may be the hardest game I've ever played, but it's still damn good fun when you're not being murdered by Class 1 Drillers with their nigh-unavoidable gatling guns and Red Hulks camping around corners and behind doors with their homing missiles.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess I haven't posted in awhile...

Currently playing Pokemon Omega Ruby and taking quite awhile to get through it. I'd say it's due to wasting time doing random stuff but for once that hasn't been the case. Until receiving Surf and Fly I struggled to stay interested. xp The lack of an expanded Pokedex and heavy reliance on Rock Smash killed my enjoyment for a bit. It boggles my mind how they gave little worry of staying true to the originals when expanding the plot and changing parts of the region (Mauville is a prime example), yet barely expanded the 'Dex and forced the Rock Smash HM back in our faces. It's a big shame, too, because the region itself is prettier than ever. Those damn rocks between Mauville and Lavaridge just drove me nuts.

When I'm not poking at Omega Ruby or Smash Bros. Wii U (which continues to keep me busy with Amiibo figures and completing the Challenges ♥), I've been playing some Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call as well. Curtain Call is an excellent upgrade from the previous FF Theatrhythm and I feel bad for not giving it more attention yet. Will be doing so once I've beaten Omega Ruby. :)

Pokemon Sapphire.
156455_trainercard-Boneycool.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I've been really enjoying playing some Minecraft recently. The Horse update for Xbox One was really nice, and I'm going to use my renewed interest in the game to finally gather the resorces to take on the Ender Dragon xD

Very recently bought Democracy 3, and let me just say- I seem to be a decent president, but I get assassinated by extreme conservatives all the goddamn time. Maybe it's a problem that the President of the United States of America isn't the most patriotic bastard since Ted Nugent.

Other than that, I've been getting back into Skyrim (Mostly messing around with mods and setting challenges to make the gameplay more epic) and Team Fortress 2, which would explain the new profile picture. I recommend all of these games if you haven't played them- Especially Team Fortress 2, as I fear it is beginning to reach the end of it's life.

Of course, I've also been working at EV training some new Pokemon in Omega Ruby, although this happens much less often ever since I bought Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS. The new Smash Bros. has to be #1 for my favorite games of 2014. It is just so fun- I play it for hours, constantly trying out new fighters (I'm especially good with Little Mac) and playing the online mode, which actually worked a lot better than I thought it would.

All in all, I've been playing a lot, and I hope to continue doing so in the future.

Currently playing:
space Channel 5 part 2 [PC]
Five nights at Freddys [PC]
Metro 2033 [PC]
NiGHTS into Dreams [PC]
Sonic adventure DX [PC]
The ship
Teleglitch: Die More Edition
Alpha Komori episode one
Ongoing:
Super hexagon [PC]
Team Fortress 2 [PC]
{so many Games}

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Playing through the Destiny expansion and Blizzard's answer to League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm.

Given the weather in my country at the moment, it's quite fitting that I'm maining the Lich King.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Alright, it's about time I posted a major update to this thread about what games I'm playing. I think we'll handle this by platform...

Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U
- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
- Super Mario 3D World
- Hyrule Warriors

Super Smash Bros will probably be a game I'm playing forever, what with amiibo popping up all the time and such. I'm currently just trying to complete all the challenges and have done all but about four rows of them now. :3 Wind Waker and 3D World are replays, for Wind Waker I'm about halfway through it (I'm playing it again due to having not finished it originally due to unfortunate events), while with 3D World I'm just trying to get through the extra stages after completing it for the second time.

Hyrule Warriors is also a game I'm replaying, but this is in an effort for me to get far enough in levels (and completing the first adventure map) in order to download and play all the DLC content which will be completely new to me. :) I can spend a good deal of time on all this as I don't really see any more Wii U titles popping up that I want anytime soon!

3DS
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
- Pokémon Shuffle
- Bravely Default
- Fantasy Life
- Ace Attorney Trilogy
- Ace Attorney Duel Destines
- Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
- Theatrhythm

Shuffle, Bravely Default and Fantasy Life will likely be ongoing forever. Bravely Default is so damn huge I'm not getting to the end anytime soon and my interest in Fantasy Life comes and goes with my mood, so I likely won't be seeing the end of that either. I'm hoping to finish up Theatrhythm sometime soon so that I can then start on Curtain Call, I've been very adamant about not playing the second game until I've played a good chunk of the original. My interest in the ace attorney games tends to come and go with my mood and interest in the cases as well. I really should finish the cross-over though...

I'm hoping to knock at least one of these games off my list before Xenoblade Chronicles 3D comes along...

PS Vita
- Persona 4 Golden
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragments

Honestly those are the two major players on my Vita. Sword Art Online I come and go with as the translation is not the best so any lengthy text sections put me off and must be dealt with in chunks. The core gameplay is fun though, now if only Asuna stopped dying and costing me the boss fights...

PSN currently has a sale on so I picked up Persona 4 Golden for £15 which considering I've wanted the game for ages seemed a fair price. I've already put five hours in and I'm barely into the game so I can see this lasting me forever... xD Tempted to pick up persona 3 before 5 comes out as well. I also see Raymin Legends in my future due to the sale having it at £7 for now.

PS3
- Hatsune Miku Project Diva 1 + 2

Yep, I discovered the Miku games and now I can't stop playing them! Got my first perfect on an extreme song today so I feel quite proud. I just keep poking away at the songs and trying to better my scores on them while trying to unlock achievements (on Diva 2 at least). I have a feeling I'm playing something on PS3 but I can't remember what it is, so might edit it in later...

PS4
- Transistor

Transistor recently showed up in the PS Plus line-up so I've been happily poking away at the game now and again. it's not quite the type of game I normally get into and I have a feeling when it gets more difficult further in I will be dropping it, but until then I'm enjoying it quite a bit. ^^

Aaaaand I think that's all I'm playing. As always Nintendo is getting more love from me than anything, but I dare say Miku and Persona are giving their games a good run. :)

OMMMGG IM LOVING HOW YOU PLAY PHOENIX WRIGHT GAMES! They're all amazing ♥
Currently I'm playing:
  • Dragon Age: inquisition
  • Binding of Isaac
  • Fantasy Life
  • Majoras Mask
  • League of Legends? (Not sure of this one counts..)
  • Puzzles and Dragons

I'm playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, once again (I'm not obsessed I swear) and Tales from the Borderlands.

Also pokemon shuffle, but I'm always playing some form of pokemon game.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

It's average at best. Don't listen to anyone who says it's amazing, because it's not.

Currently my games are in a few areas. I play a lot of older games because I tend replay or I just haven't gotten newer ones yet.
DS:
Pokemon Black 2

GBA:
Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
Pokemon FireRed

Gamecube:
Smash Bros. Melee

I'm replaying HeartGold. I'd love to give a reason more deep than "I missed having the Pokemon follow you," but there really isn't one.

I did find out that the Pokewalker I had to replace the batteries in still had my Pokemon in it safe and sound, though. I was a touch surprised to find out it was a Zapdos.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Due to me enjoying Pokemon Shuffle (which I'm playing but am currently rather stuck on level 100!) I downloaded Pokemon Link Battle, which has most of what Shuffle has, but without the 'insert money here' aspects. I'm enjoying that so far.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Currently playing the newly-acquired Trials Fusion.

For such a simple game it's extremely good fun and graphically it looks stunning as well.

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
currently playing:
- Azure Striker Gunvolt (2ds) Dear GOD, some of these bosses are IMPOSSIBLE!! I really shouldn't start this, but there was a "censor" made to the American version. Oh, excuse me, "Marketing research". I like his original version better. That is all . . .
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (2ds) yeah, that Gore Magala is still casually sitting in my path of progress . . .
- Pokémon Shuffle (2ds) yeah, nothing much to say here
- Cave Story (2ds) GAIS I HAVE A DOG ON MY BACK!!! and . . .a pair of panties? long story
- God Eater 2 Rage Burst: HELL YEAH, ANOTHER GOD EATER
- DMC 3-yup, I just need to re-replay this . . . one of my personal favorites

Yeah that's it. Need to find AS so that I can develop my team . . . .*sigh*

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I made the terrible mistake, and I mean terrible, of buying Skylanders :V

I've had one called Scratch for ages, purely because I saw her one day in Tesco and really liked her. About a year has past since then, and just the other day I saw a cheap copy of the game and thought 'why not?' and thus began the terrible decent into Skylander madness. It reminds me so much of the Spyro games I so fondly enjoyed as a child, and the co-op is super fun. I just have to stop myself getting obsessed with buying figures, it's such a well thought-out money trap. I feel sorry for parents who have children obsessed with the game, I really do xD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I'm currently in progress of something I like to call the Time Warp Tour, or the Great Cross-Generation Clusterfuck, depending how you want to look at it.

The premise is simple - a sequential playthrough of a Pokémon game from each Generation (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and either Black/Black2 or White/White2, haven't decided yet), from start to finish. However, here is when it gets interesting.

At the end of each generation you get to choose one non-legendary (or pseudo) member of your active team, and carry it over to the next games (not game - once you choose one, it follows you for the whole playthrough!) replacing your starter using save file editors. The Pokémon carried over gets to keep its evolutionary stage and moveset, but its level is reset to 5 and all EVs it gained are lost (I give them perfect IVs upon transfer because I don't want to spend my entire life on this playthrough, but I suppose one could be a purist and give the things their exact IVs too). The practical upshot of which is that with cumulative generations you start with one Pokémon from each team you've already had.

So far I've finished Yellow and Crystal and carried over a Parasect (from Yellow) and a Starmie (from Crystal) into Emerald... We shall see where this will lead me into Platinum and on.

Edit: Platinum done, at long fscking last. Ishara the Gliscor joins the fray.

176762_trainercard-Connor.png

Generation 1: Featuring Alba (tross around my Neck) the Pikachu, Cordelia the Parasect, Styx the Vaporeon, That'll Do the Primeape and Easy Mode the Kadabra.
176998_trainercard-Connor.png

Generation 2: Featuring Cordelia the Parasect, Hi-Treeson the Sudowoodo, Vesper the Starmie and Thuban the Dragonite.
177311_trainercard-Connor.png

Generation 3: Featuring Cordelia the Parasect, Vesper the Starmie, Sparkledog the Shiny Mightyena, Triptych the Magneton and Dinocarid the Armaldo.
179618_trainercard-Connor.png

Generation 4: Featuring Cordelia the Parasect, Vesper the Starmie, Triptych the Magnezone, Ishara the Gliscor and BirdSchool the Staraptor.

Last edited:

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
While Stel's off playing through the Giant Generation Clusterfuck, I just completed God Eater 2 Rage Burst. I'm playing MH4U (kinda in that lull of just hunting monsters repeatedly for weapon upgrades) and Resonance of Fate-'nuff said. I'm also playing Project X zone, which IS basically the "Generation Clusterfuck" of all hapanese gaming. And it feature characters from RoF and GE! YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Lately I haven't been able to sit down and focus on a single game and have instead been jumping back and forth between of bunch of 'em. The current play list looks like this:

3DS
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
- Pokemon X (for breeding purposes)
- Fantasy Life
- Pokemon Shuffle
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS

Wii U

- Captain Toad
- Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Playstation Vita

- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

Steam

- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Peggle Deluxe

I feel like I'm forgetting something... Either way, I'll soon be adding Alpha Sapphire to that list, as soon as I finish breeding my team for it, and will be picking up Mario Kart 8 again once the second DLC pack finally releases. ^^

I am currently starting Fossil Fighters: Frontier. Before I start talking about it, a few notes about the other games in the series.

Fossil Fighters was pretty average on the whole. The gameplay wasn't much new; what was new got kind of old after a while (I'm looking at you, cleaning fossils). But this game shone in its writing. It never took itself seriously, especially considering the plot takes a hard left turn to crazy town about two thirds of the way through. I feel like this game was a spiritual sequel to Robopon - Red Entertainment worked on both, and the writing feels very similar.

Fossil Fighters: Champions improved a lot on its predecessor. A lot of the gameplay was tightened up, and the battles were snappier and more strategic. The writing was just as sharp, so overall I think this was a better game. And, yes, it took a hard left to crazy town midway through too.

Frontier is like a complete reboot. The only thing that got brought over from previous games were the dinosaurs themselves and the fossil cleaning mechanic (which is a lot less tedious this time around). The battles are more active and engaging (to me, anyway - other people will argue that point), and the graphics cleaned up well and look pretty good. The writing is good so far too, though it seems like it's taking itself more seriously this time around, at least in a 'cheesy Saturday morning cartoon' sort of way where you're still clearly not supposed to be taking it seriously.

So i'm enjoying it. Can't wait to see what the plot does. It's like a Layton game; you know it's gonna get weird, but you don't know how.

I've finally been getting around to beating gta v's campaign. Besides that, I've been IV training my team in Y, while slowly beating OmegaRuby (still mad about the Battle Frontier) and trying to 100% complete Smash Bros 3ds.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Paused the Great Fustercluck at Gen 5 because there's only so much Pokemon I can play in a row. My gaming has been mostly PS3 geared lately and divided between Tales of Vesperia and Borderlands, of all things.

I have no real basis for comparison between the Xbox 360 "international" release and the Japan-exclusive PS3 version (which was fan-translated by a very talented team, and a few minor typos aside they've done a great job!) - all I can say is that Vesperia is just as awesome as some people told me about. I'm getting close to the end now, alas. Might as well look into Xillia...

As for Borderlands... what can I say. I'm surprisingly not as absolutely terrible at FPSes as I thought I was - and I quite enjoy the silliness (even if sometimes Power Levels are Bullshit).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Recently I've been giving the majority of my gaming time to Pokemon Rumble World and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, with a bit of random Smash Bros. Amiibo stuffs on the side. Having Xenoblade on a handheld device has been great and I can't wait to play more of it ... whenever I find more spare time and energy to do so. xp

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Been playing Mother 3 recently, after beating Earthbound on Virtual Console. Both fantastic games, and I plan to play the original Mother when I'm done! Aside from that, I'm also playing Smash Wii U a lot, working on my Kirby and Shulk games, extremely hyped for Lucas. (If anyone can play with me, that would be great! I really need to start practicing customs. Been neglecting them for too long. >.>) I've also started a new Kirby Triple Deluxe file today as well. Which was a mistake because Dedede's Drum Dash is the spawn of rhythm satan. ;-;