• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you playing?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm in another phase where I'm hopping around between games every few days, but over the past couple of weeks I've been poking away at Super Mario Maker, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 3D, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Bravely Default, and Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX.

I've wanted to play more Persona 4 Golden but I've yet to actually do so, and considering that Yoshi's Woolly World is releasing later this week I suspect that once I have it most other games will be ignored for the foreseeable future (unless I end up being too lazy to console game and just play my 3DS instead :p).

I've been playing Elsword a lot lately however, I have also played Persona 3 Fes, Persona 4 and Kingdom Hearts 2 over the summer and I'm going to play Tales of the Abyss or Tales of VS sometime soon.

I've also been playing Elsword a lot lately (my character's cuteness is too strong for me) but I'm also playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Time for the second "time"... and I also finished replaying The World Ends With You (DS).

I've been absolutely obsessed with Undertale as of late (if you couldn't tell :p). It's quickly becoming one of my favorite games.

I also played D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die, which is this weird Telltale-esque hard boiled detective story mixed with anime tropes. It's really weird and I love it.

I just got Yoshi's Woolly World with the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo as well. It's so hard to choose if I want to have the Sonic or Sheik Amiibo costume, they're both really cool.

I've been playing too much of the Street Fighter 5 beta >.> .Nash with the Sonic Boom into teleporting behind the opponent for dayz :p .And Nash's Critical Art "Judgement Saber" looks gruesome,I mean he sneaks behind you and hits with a strong Sonic Boom that SLICES THE OPPONENTS UPPER HALF!Anyway,I've also been playing Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance on the Xbox 360.Raiden is someone that you shouldn't mess with.Plus,he has a red sword.And anyone with a red sword is automatically awesome.And his Ripper Mode throws him into a state of "I'm a lunatic,and I'm going to kill you brutally".And I get into this game so much I basically laugh like a maniac everytime I get a kill while in Ripper Mode.Maybe I should go back to just playing my fighting games..........

Currently Playing:
Zoombinis (PC Steam) - I currently have 192 little Zoombinis at Shelter Rock and 208 left on Zoombini Isle. On this HD remake of a game from the 1990's. At the moment, I'm just getting all 400 to the first camp site before I continue on the journey.
Undertale (PC Steam) - I've already played through the game about 2 time now, both doing the same path but this time I'm playing with a friend so it won't be finished for a while. ^^;
Super Mario Maker (Nintendo Wii U) - Making Mario levels is fun so this might not be leaving it for a while.

Recently Played:
Sonic the Hedgehog (Android) - Decided to play Sonic in the car, did a no save run and completed it with all 6 Chaos Emeralds.
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS) - Planned the next Pokemon I'm going to train.

Going to Play:
Okami (Nintendo Wii) - I bought the game but I haven't actually played the game yet...I saw Cry play through Okami but I haven't played it yet.

Ongoing:

Fantasy Life (Nintendo 3DS) - Still playing through Fantasy Life...Yup...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Currently roughly midway in my second playthrough of the Mass Effect series, this time as a male Infiltrator Shepard (my first run, if not mentioned before, was as a Vanguard female Shepard).

Infiltrator's a fun class. Manshep, however, is really really bland compared to Femshep (but then, any comparison to Jennifer Hale is kind of a no-contest affair). But hey, I wanted to romance Tali for once. She's too much of a precious cinnamon roll. <<

Currently switching between Fallout 4 and various old GBA Yugioh games like The Sacred Cards/Reshef of Destruction and The Eternal Duelist Soul, because I love nostalgia.

*UPDATE*
Going to play: Star Wars Battlefront 3
Hopefully going to play: RWBY- Grimm Eclipse
Recently played: Batman Arkham Knight, Lego Jurassic World, Injustice Gods Among Us

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Most recently I've been sinking my spare gaming time into Yo-Kai Watch, which hit about 7 and a half hours of playtime last time I checked. It's a veryyyyy pretty game and really fun, but Jibanyan will always be "Pikacat" to me. :angel:

I been playing a lot of Undertale as of late. I'm incredibly addicted to it right now.

I've also been replaying Dead Space 3. Not as good as the first or second one, but hey, it's still good in my eyes.

Been hooked on Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer ever since its release x) I don't really have time to play lately so this is the only game I'm really playing right now, appart from Splatoon (but only on the few weekends I go back home).
As soon as I change computer (Christmas is coming!), I plan on making a Steam account and buying Undertale! I'll also probably be playing Smash Bros WiiU with my brothers during the holidays, and Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival after Christmas ^^ I plan on buying Yo-Kai Watch too ^^

Recently, I've been playing Yoshi's Woolly World with the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo, the three little amiibos are coming at Christmas. :3 On a side note, I have just finished playing Undertale (Genocide Route) so will move on to something else...like...Yoshi's New Island. :)

I've actually been playing Pokemon Picross most recently. Despite the fact that it is slowly squeezing me of my pennies, I am enjoying the game a lot. Not even because of the Pokemon, but because of the puzzles. I've also been playing Golden Sun on the WiiU virtual console, though giving it a break before pushing on to Lost Age.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Bestie got me into Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together; I've been mostly messing around with mods the past week or so (when I wasn't busy moving) and I'm currently on Day 170 and counting.

She and a few other friends got me into the mobile game Tsumtsum as well, and some of those same people got me playing Neko Atsume as well. They're cute little time-wasting games that appeal to my "gotta catch 'em all" style of play I have with most games, and aren't particularly addicting, which is nice.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was playing Disgaea 5 for the majority of my Christmas holidays and into January, but as of Sunday I've also started playing my copy of Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Really been enjoying both games and recommend them to fans of each respective series. ^^

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
I'm mostly playing Pokemon Y (for another shiny Luvdisc >>; ), Undertale (2nd run, Pacifist) and Terraria... killing stuff and farming with my OP char to cheat my new-game players ahead. Pokemon Picross, the free Rumble game (World? I dunno) and Shuffle when I feel like it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Totally still playing Destiny ♥

Also have randomly been playing Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns because every now and then I feel the need to hatch and look after little chickens.

I also did have a fun little time on that new Badge Arcade thingy that appeared on the 3DS recently. I thought I was strong enough to resist... but alas, now my entire menu is Pikmin themed with a Pikmin Background :')

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

It's awesome, and as someone who hasn't played any other MGS games, it's one of the best stealth games I've ever played.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Currently been playing a variety of games to hit the new year. Some good, some... very much not:

THE GOOD:

- I don't think I've really stopped playing Destiny: The Taken King since its release, although thanks to work and a bunch of other games I've not progressed as much as I would have liked. Still, better late than never, and the utterly hellish Calcified Fragments pixel hunting quest is finally almost over for me.

- Hearthstone has developed a fair bit over the years it has existed and while it is still a pretty simple and easy-to-learn game at its core, the cards have become packed with increasingly crazy effects that makes the game quite a hilarious experience at times. I've become quite fond of the Murloc decks lately, designed to rush the opponent down as fast as possible with an army of gurgling fish men before finally delivering the coup de grace with the one and only LEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIINS himself.

- When I'm not playing Destiny I'm probably playing Doom instead. Doom's a game that will never get old for me, even if you don't consider the sheer number of mods and level packs made by its sizable fan community. However, two days ago a former Doom level designer returned to try his hand after 21 years - the man himself, John Romero. He did a remake of the final level of Episode 1, and he hasn't lost a step after all that time as he created an amazing-looking and brilliantly fun and challenging level, challenging enough that after 16 years he finally may have succeeded in making players his bitch with some awesome FPS design.

- I recently happened upon the Hotline Miami duo, and the first game at least proved to be quite a simple but interesting and rather fun game. While the art/graphics style is, even by pixellated graphics standards, utterly repulsive and the controls leave something to be desired, it's quite cathartic to play through and employs a level of strategy at times that you wouldn't expect from a game of its style. Which makes the below section a bit of a shame...

THE BAD:

- ...because Hotline Miami 2 sucks ass. Pretty much everything that made the first game so good seems to have been forgotten for this one, and the multiple approaches strategy of the first game has been abandoned in favour of sniping all the enemies with guns and hoping some invisible enemy miles away offscreen doesn't decide to shoot you through multiple windows and unavoidably kill you - which happens once every two minutes or so. Combined with the (still) weak control setup carried over from the first game and Hotline Miami 2 is the worst game I've played in 2016, and a pretty dire sequel to the simple but effective original.

- I should have known better than to trust EA to release a game that wasn't shit but then again it is also just like them to capitalize on a big-name brand, release half a game for full price and then expect you to pay that price again for the inevitable "DLC" that should have been there in the first place. Combine with the fact that the barely-there game that we got was mediocre garbage and hey, Star Wars: Battlefront. How they managed to make this such a colossal step-back from Battlefront 2 on the PS2 is baffling, but then again it is EA - the last time they released a game I liked was never ago. Some things never change...

- Finally, Daikatana will always be around to be played by me and no-one else and it'll never stop being green and awful. I'm not even going to go into detail on this one, although considering I'm already quite used to how bad it is it's been a far less painful experience than the previous two games.

Recently I've been playing binding of Isaac, trying to get a certain unlock. On the Wii u end, I'm getting through xenoblade x, grinding my way through side quests and trying to get the last 2% survey rate for noctilum to progress the story. Oh boy.

Final Fantasy V (highly underrated classic in the series in my opinion), Pokemon HeartGold and Omega Ruby which I just purchased a few days ago to get back into Gen 6 again (though I have not been playing this a whole lot yet)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Most recently I've been completely obsessed with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and recently reached the end game. It's been awesome fun up until this point and I've gone a bit crazy trying to do all the things and register all of the Digimon in my field guide. I hit sleuth Rank 20 awhile ago and have at least 205 Digimon registered in collection (will confirm amount once home). I also love my team. They're a great bunch of 'mon. :D

Instead of marching onward towards the conclusion, I've presently headed back to the detective agency to complete all of the various cases on offer. My most recent case beaten was the Great Challenge 3, which was quite difficult until I figured out the proper strategy. Onward to challenge 7!

Mostly, I just want to finally evolve my DoruGreymon into Alphamon. The poor dear has been with me almost the entire game but has been barried from Mega evolving for ages... :p

I also had a Veemon with me for a good portion of the game that was previously Flamedramon and is now Magnamon, and I decided to unevolve my MegaGargomon in order to give Rapidmon Armor a go. My Terriermon is currently around level 54, so not much longer now until I can evolve it again! ^_^

I'm playing Fire Emblem : Birthright it's a very good game so far even better than Awkkening the reviews are correct! I'm on chapter 6 ATM and its great! I've been playing Fire Emblem for years and I didn't pick Conquest bc it's more expensive xD

I've been playing Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and Fire Emblem: The Sword of Flame and gosh is it hard to keep pegasus knights alive...
Ikr but what you have to do is make them go after knights and paladins and the like and stay away from archers. If you have Awakening they made it easier with the pair ups. Pair Pegasi with archers at least thats what worked for me ><

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really playing that much games. But the games I play most are:

Club Penguin (Operation: Doom :D)

Undertale (Obviously I'm Sans)

Pokémon

ZELDATWILIGHTPRINCESSWIIUYES

....Ahem. Anyway, I have been enjoying a certain game in its newly-improved glory for the most part. I have also been trying to play Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battlefront, Undertale, Bravely Second (demo), Chrono Trigger, Pokemon SoulSilver(Nuzlocke), and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. With my crazy-ass schedule.

....Yep, almost no sleep whatsoever. :'|

For the past month I've been in a huge Elder Scrolls kick, so I've been greedily playing Skyrim and Oblivion any chance I get. Hopefully I can write up some stories about my adventures soon! ;)

Well, EarthBound just got rereleased on the New 3DS, and anyone who knows me knows how much I adore that game. So I've just started a new file. It's not the most elegant game, and there are parts that haven't aged well, but it certainly has its... Charms.

e1NkyD8.jpg

Hmmm... Well, as of today I'm doing a playthrough of a fun little Pokemon fan-game called "Pokemon Insurgence," it's incredibly challenging since ALL the trainers in the region have teams built with competitive viability in mind. So, even though I keep losing to route trainers because of hax and shenanigans (because the AI is ridiculously good for a fan-game) I'm having a good time.

I recently finished my playthrough of the Pokemon Red re-release on the 3DS. Took me about a week to make it through, only because it was finals week. It was a lot of fun to just tear through the Elite Four and Blue, even though I did a no-grinding playthough and was easily 15 levels under-leveled. XD I also recently went on Hiatus of my current playthrough of Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) because of your classic FF shenanigans causing me to rage. Lol.

And of course every once in a while I'll touch on the gem that is Skyrim (PC) because I can't go too long without visiting my dear Tamriel. And then there's my ongoing habit of playing at least 1 online battle on the Battle Spot in ORAS every night. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Pokken Tournament! All of my hype for that game has not been misplaced. I might even be enjoying it more than I anticipated. :)

I also picked Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon up again over my March Break and have made some decent progress. I hit chapter 15 a couple of days ago and I'm hoping to actually finish off the game this time before putting it down again (which I only ever did because Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth released). XP

Beyond those two, I've been poking a bit at Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon but I've yet to get properly hooked on it. This might be a game that I don't touch again until the summer or beyond. We'll see.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahahah, fitting that of all the characters in that game, I get to be the only one who gets a sword. (although holy zark, getting said sword is a nightmare on wheels). XD

But back on topic - Between being entirely soul-consumed by work, I've been actually playing through the first Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic lately, and I'm rather mixed about it. The characters and concepts are very BioWare (which is a very good thing!) but the battle system is clunky as hell and did not really age well. Ah well, at least I can do some healing now that I've gotten to Jedi Mode...

Also, Mission Vao is kinda awesome.