• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What are you picking up between now and the year's end?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I keep remembering last year at this time when I had about 6-7 games on my buyers list. It was nutty. This year I'm handling things much different. May it be a lack of time to play too much or lack of interest, I'm trying to keep my game purchasing (for myself) down for this last quarter. But what about you lot? Do you see yourselves going broke between now and Christmas, or are you playing it conservative? Let us know in the thread. :)

Right now I have the following on preorder:
- Paper Mario Sticker Star
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Deluxe Wii U package
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (Christmas prezzie for my younger sisters)

I've been hearing good things about Assassin's Creed III but I haven't played II yet, so I'll be skipping that one for now. I'm also rather interested in getting Scribblenauts Unlimited (Wii U) for the holidays but it'll depend on how much money I have handy. It's a game that I want to play but not necessarily right away, and not for $60.

Beyond that... Not sure. There are several games coming to digital networks that I'm interested in and likely will purchase, but as far as physical games go I'm almost actively trying not to look into anything else. PS3 and 360 games seem to drop in price fairly quickly and I'm not keen on buying more full priced games unless they're MUST HAVEs. I'm hoping Wii U third party titles receive a similar treatment, because lord knows the Nintendo titles never will... at least not for several years.

I'm going to be like Katie and pick up:
Paper Mario Sticker Star
New Super Mario Bros. U
And avoid AC III until I've played the rest of the games.

I'm also hoping to pick up:
Dishonored
Epic Mickey 2

And going off GAME's website
Lego City Undercover

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Rileyixx said:
Epic Mickey 2

Huh. I've had my eyes on that one but I'm really not sure what to think about it. The original Epic Mickey sounded interesting in theory, but game reviewers and friends who played it both shared the same complaints: the controls weren't tight, and the camera was a whore. If this upcoming sequel improves on both of those faults then I may yet add it to my buyers list, but I think I'll need to hold off again and wait for hands-on impressions.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
The only thing I'm considering is the latest Professor Layton game, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. After buying Pokémon I don't have the money spare until next month though. ^^;

I don't think anything else apart from Paper Mario Sticker Star interests me, but I know mum wants me to hold off buying every game I'm interested in now so that she has some left to act as Christmas presents. So, yeah, Layton only for me now I'd say. :)

I actually rather enjoyed Epic Mickey, probably one of my favourite titles for the Wii but yeah I really only had issues with the camera. I felt the Wii all together had loose controls so I didn't really notice any control problems.

Currently I'm hunting down PSX games and similiar stuff which is getting more and more expensive.

Will also get Sticker Star I guess. Outside of that I wont get anything I think. Backlog is huge and I gotta save for the WiiU and Monster Hunter. Also Metal Gear Revengeance. 2013 will be good.

Also, does anybody know an online store in the UK that sells used video games and video game merchandise like guidebooks that arent an utter ripoff? Amazon is quite expensive at times and most sellers dont ship to EU. Ebay is shaky in most cases. I want some games in english instead of ger.

...Halo 4.

Yes I am ashamed, but I must play it for science. Science and screaming, which hopefully one of my friends will capture on camera and shoot up to youtube.

Also any more DLC that Bethesda decides to come out with for Skyrim.