• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What animal should a pokemon be based off of in Sun and Moon?

The animal doesn't have to be new; there can already be a pokemon based of the animal. It could even be a mythical animal!

Personally, i'd like another elephant. Yes, donphan exists, but I think so much more could be done with an elephant. It could be water type from elephants' association with water, and could even get a signature move. Also, it needs to be big. Donphan is just over three feet, about size of a young child! We need a big bulky elephant that scares you. I imagine it being a very bulky attacker with poor speed, with abilities like thick fat or even a new ability, that is identical to fur coat, just renamed so it makes sense for an elephant. It'd either be normal or water type, but game freak could model it after any element really.

Well, that's my idea :p what's yours?

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I am still very much waiting for a Gryphon Pokemon. I've always wanted one </3

I would also love an actual Magpie Pokemon, although Murkrow admittedly would take some beating in my book. I'll settle for my little Corvid :)

Was that koala Pokemon confirmed to be real or fake? I've been waiting for one of those for a while.

A grey wolf based Pokemon would be pretty cool too. There's a lot of animals that haven't had Pokemon based off of them yet.

A weasel Pokemon would be really cool. Their long bodies and snake - like movements trigger the stupidest smile on my face every time I see them. ×3