• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open We're Freaks, Not People (Superhuman RP)

The air disturbances caused by the shaking caused the hammock that Sky had created to disintegrate, and he flew up into the air. "Hey... Sparks? You don't look too good. And you dropped your scarf." He flew down, scooped up the scarf, and tied it around her head, covering her eyes. "There. Much better."

Rio let out a muffled growl, tearing the scarf off all while trying to not look flustered. Of course, that was hard since the feathers under her hair had fluffed up. She blew a puff of air from her nostrils, making way to toss her scarf to the side and back to the ground. Although, a new thought had recently occurred to her. She was untangled very suddenly, and it wasn't her tail, since she was holding it in her hands. Now that she thought about it, there was a weight behind her that felt like it was hanging... and swishing. Another flick later, and suddenly something red and scales landed next to her.

With an indigent yelp, she scrambled out of the hammock and into the beams above her. "What the fu- I did not have a freaking tail yesterday!" She held the new appendage in her hands to stop its constant movement in her distress. It matched her scales for sure, with tiny golden spikes and tipped with gold feathers that could have reminded her of a peafowl.

"Aurrea!" she yelped at the dragon hovering in front of her, examining the new tail as well. "I thought you said that I wouldn't be affected by the magic anymore!" "I said I don't think so. Obviously I was wrong and either this is late or the heart is leaking more excess magic again." The red dragon chided.

"This isn't some joking manor, Sky!" Rio snapped. "I got these claws and scales over the first 2 years of being Draco because of Aurrea's stored power. Then after that my behavior became animalistic, gradually, but it stopped progressing after a bit. I've absorbed all that I can, but if I have a tail that means my heart is leaking more magic than it should! It only does that if I'm injured, but if it keeps this up I could end up absorbing all of Aurrea's power!" She huffed, although tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. "Do you know what would happen if I absorbed all of Aurrea's Magic? I'll fucking die, Sky!" She whimpered gently to herself as her own words registered to herself. Her tail moved to wrap around her due to distress, but she shoved it away.

"Hey, don't worry. It'll be fine. These supernatural objects will normally send out small pulses because of localized spacetime changes. It could perfectly well be because of this bloody genetic lockdown I got with your heart. Anyway, I think I might be able to block it slightly if I do this..." Thrusting his hand out and curving it slightly, Sky began to make a small, fast-moving type of shield in the small space between the heart and her body. "This should block most of the unnecessary magic, but still have enough keep you alive. I don't deal with dragon magic, so I'm not positive, but I hope it can help

Last edited:
Draco took in a sharp breath, feeling the power cut off. Of course, she was still alive, so it was still pulsing with energy, but the sudden absence of the usual amount was, nonetheless, shocking to her overall system. She coughed and took deep breathes, even though it wasn't needed she relied so much on such large amounts of her heart's power that she didn't know how to adjust to it immediately.

The first, most drastic thing, was that her body temperature dropped to a normal humans. That was a lot for Draco, since she ran at least 50 degrees higher. Then, her scales and feathers lost their vibrance. They turned dark and a little more dull, not sickly, but they lost their magic sheen. Suddenly, all at once she seemed to deflate. Her malnourished ribs seemed more noticeable pressed to her skin tight outfit, her eyes drooped and not to mention, they regained their whites even though the pupils remained slit. The gold streak in her hair disappeared quickly, and she dropped to the ground with a thud much louder and heavier than she usually did.

It all happened rapidly, and soon she was breathing normal. Although, her entire demeanor was more tired, weaker, and of course in the absence of heat and that glowing aura she had as Draco, suddenly there was only a very tired Rio sitting on the ground. She coughed again, and shakily lifted herself back up. Aurrea frantically swirled around her, sniffing and poking her with needle like claws. Rio winced each time she was poked, causing the red imp like dragon to frown.

"Well, you certainly cut off any chance of her absorbing anymore power, but in cutting off a regular pathway, the heart sucked back all its previous output. Rio hadn't absorbed that magic fully yet, but because you've spent at least fifty years dependent on that same amount the repercussions are going to be... unpleasant." She snorts, "You seemed to have brought back a lot more of her human nature. I would say she was more like eighty percent dragon until you put up that shield, now she's back to half. Although, I might be wrong, and you're still eighty percent dragon and you're acting like a phoenix who was dumped in an ice bath." Rio shivered violently, glaring up at Aurrea with a look that clearly said, Thanks for the helpful commentary.

"Ohhh, sky above, I think I put in too much of a shield. Let me try this." Decreasing the density of the shield slightly, he focused, standing still. "I think I might be able to use this bond to my advantage..."

Rio inhaled sharply, as if in pain, until she calmed again. Again, her breathing was stronger now, and her body temperature rose, slightly. She was only around ten degrees warmer, so she shivered again as she became acutely aware that it was so goddamn freezing suddenly. Her eyes lost their whites again, but her scales remained dull. She looked a lot less like a dragon, or at least one with magic. But it was hard to tell exactly what she was, just that she was darker and duller and more feral looking. She looked over at Sky. "Just be careful with that... I'm trying to adjust.... still... but thanks for... preventing my suddenly very near possibility of death...... wow I'm winded..." She gasped out slowly.

"Let me warm up this warehouse a bit. Not the best place to be if you suddenly get your body temperature dropping." Sky forced all of the air near the floor out of the door, meaning all of the hot air collected at the top would float down

Rio hummed gently, although she still felt rather lightheaded and her chest hurt. Although that might have just been from the sudden decrease in her heart activity. Her eyes were too busy drooping, and she felt out of breath still, and sleep sounded really good about now. She didn't yawn, but curled up on the warm ground either way and shortly fell asleep. The only problem was, after being shaken and poked by Aurrea worriedly, she still didn't stir and had been wheezing softly ever since she lay down.

Flying over to her, Sky shook her worriedly. "Sparks? Sparks? Are you there? Ohh... Do you think she's doing some kind of Coma thing? I really hope not. Well, I think this might wake her up." Twisting his hands slightly, he got the air around him to start to orbit her neck, gaining speed until a collar had formed around it.

Aurrea waited in anticipation, watching for a reaction from Rio. A twitch, gasp, stutter, but nothing other than a wheeze in her sleep escaped her. She groaned, floating up and around. "She's never fallen asleep like this, or wheezed, not since that one Corrupt managed to nullify her draconic genes for a few hours... She had the same symptoms and I feel like I should know why!" She growled, floating back and forth as if she were pacing.

"I know that I know what is wrong... something to do with her birth mother... urrrg.... I have a really bad feeling about whatever this is..." She crooned worriedly, looking to Sky as if he would have the answer.

"That didn't get a reaction? Well, it did, but nothing important." Cursing in an archaic type of language, he disappeared, and wrapped himself around her jewel. Sky suddenly felt a sort of warmth, and then a pulsing. A connection! Finally! Slowly, after feeling the pulses resonate through his form, Sky started to feed his energy into the link. Settling down on the gem, he felt his strength start to fade

Rio, deep within a dreamless, and semi painful sleep, snapped to attention as she felt some unknown energy kickstart her. It was like a powerful zap, and her entire body spasmed. However, instead of awakening, she merely was able to regain some form on consciousness within her mind. It was a blank expanse without a top or bottom, or horizon, it wasn't black or white, or any color at all even though it was there. Yet, there were still lights and shadows from the mental bodies within, that being Rio and Sky. Or at least physical forms of their minds.

Draco had been trained by Aurrea to drag intruders into this stagnant realm, which is what she had done. She latched onto Sky and dragged him in, although quicker than a flash she released him, even if she didn't let him leave her mind just yet. But hey, she didn't destroy his subconscious, so points to her!

Feeling his vision flash into a sort of void, and then back into the real world, Sky felt dazed. Still loosing energy, he was now unable to keep his form together, and was now just simply lying on her 'heart'

Rio groaned, still, with Sky still touching her heart she was able to gently pull his mind back in, gathering the wisps carefully. It was almost second nature to her, dealing with arcane magic such as his. Soon enough, a semi visible physical form was visible in her mind in front of her. "What the hell were you thinking?" She said, not growling or snapping, she sounded tired and if anything else, annoyed and shaken.

She was merely a pulsing orb of flickering flames, but not an orb either. She flashed in and out of vision, taking a multitude of shapeless forms as if she didn't know what to settle on. In an effort to ease her mind, the entire realm became more navy, with specks of stars and soon they were 'standing' on some ancient marble appearing platform, ancient and unknown runes memorized by heart carved into it.

There wasn't actually a need to do this, but Rio always felt more at ease having something to imagine herself touching and seeing.

"You can't just feed power to a dragon and expect everything to go smoothly." Rio replied smoothly, which was unlike her. Again, she did sound fatigued, so maybe that had something to do with it.

She finally had a more physical form, which was more of a bipedal dragon missing her wings. Her scales and claws still had the same color, and the feathers and spikes along her spine and tail were larger. Keeping a more human like arm build, she was covered in scars, bare patches of skin, and had pure muscle rippling across her form. She had golden plates on her underside, but they were chipped and cracked as if they had been hit many times. She had horns now, only two, and she had a wild golden mane that rose up into the air like fire, completely disobeying laws of gravity and physics. She still had that little golden strange of hair falling over her snout, and her eyes stayed the same as always.

Her tail swished smoothly, and she crouched more easily with her digitigrade legs. "What were you trying to do?" her voice grated out, no different than usual, except she had a more draconic hum thanks to her form.

"Quite simply, I was synchronizing with your heart, then allowing my strength to flow through it. In the real world, I'm just a loose form resting on your heart. But as I said, I don't deal with dragon magic. That's more fire-type stuff."

"There are air-dragons where my heart's magic is connected." Rio hummed. "Aurrea just so happens to be nearly a fire elemental, so even if I don't have access to that power my affinity with the element of fire is stronger that someone else who just so happens to have a fire dragon heart." She smirked gently, "I'm also part phoenix, if you forgot, so I've got twice the fire." she got her snappy tone back for a few moments, until she sighed deeply again. Even when injured, she was never this tired in her mental haven.

Clearly, something was wrong. It scared her knowing she didn't know what was wrong.

"Air dragon. But no air spirits. It's pretty sad to know you're the last of a species. Kinda lonely, I suppose. The fact is, I'm doing all I can to help you. My life force is nearly gone, soon enough, all that'll be left is my core. I suppose I could always use that. It would definitely revive you, I'm positive."

"Hell, Sky... I'm sleeping not in a coma!" Draco roared, and it seemed even that physically pained her. Within the mental realm, the heart in her draconic form's chest glowed, flashing violently. She forced Sky out of her mind, even donating some of her energy to him (She had more than enough). Finally, it seemed that was enough to jolt her awake, even if her eyes were half lidded. She still sprawled on the floor, and despite her brightly thrumming heart, she just had no energy to move.

Huh... All I had to do is piss her off. Easy enough. Feeling a bit of backwashed energy come back with him, Sky managed to bring his form together, but not much more. He was not able to move, just lie on Draco's heart. If she moved, he would slide off her.

((I'd like to join. Here's my info. :)

Name: Eva

Alias (Optional): N/A

Appearance: Eva has blonde hair that reaches her shoulder and her bangs cover her left eye. She has green eyes and pale skin. She wears a black zip hoodie, a black undershirt, jeans, and black sneakers.

Powers (If any): She can become transparent and go through objects and people. She has pretty good control over this, but whenever she is scared or startled, it's automatic.

Weakness/Power Disadvantages (If any powers): She has to be transparent for at least a minute before swapping back to being corporeal.

Personality (Optional): Eva is shy and keeps to herself much of the time. She actually prefers being alone due to her powers, as she is ashamed of them and thinks they're stupid. She has low self esteem and hides her true emotions in public, making it seem like she is always happy.

Skills: I guess invulnerability could be one of them, due to being able to become transparent. She knows basic martial arts, but nothing much beyond that.

Drivers License: None, she's too worried she'll become intangible while driving.

Pets: Eva has a chihuahua named Abby, who she views as her only friend.

Occupation (Optional): Therapist

Backstory (Optional):
Eva was born with her powers, making her parents a bit uneasy. They were worried she'd be persecuted for her abilities, so they told her to hide them. In her childhood, she was more outgoing and had quite a few friends. These friends remained with her for awhile. However, when she was about 19 years of age, two of her friends got into an argument while they were hanging out. Eva tried to split up the fight, but one of the friends accidentally swung at her, causing her to become intangible. Realizing she revealed the powers she worked so hard to hide and believing she'd be chased down, she ran home and grabbed all of her money, Abby (as well as things needed to take care of her), and a few important possessions and booked it out of her hometown. She impulsively bought a train ticket to New America and now lives there, never telling anyone where she went. After about a year of living there and working at a bookstore to earn money, she decided to attend college to get a Psychology Degree and become a therapist.

Other:
  • She loves sweets
  • Her favorite sweet is a chocolate strawberry banana milkshake
  • Just chocolate.))

Name: Rose Thorne
Alias (Optional): Cat woman, Hades and Aphrodite
Appearance: Basically what my profile picture is, i set what i wanted my character to look like as my profile picture so its easier too see.
When she gets angry in her dark fae form her eyes flash black and other things ill show eventually. Her lycan form is a snow white wolf with dazzling ocean blue eyes.
Powers (If any): Dark Fae magic/ Lycan
Weakness/Power Disadvantages (If any powers): After using a sufficent amount of her magic or skills she will become tired and need to rest her other(s) ones include losing her temper quickly and
Personality: Fun, Quiet, Loyal, Loving, Daring,Flirtatious, Bad ass, Mean at times, michevious, mysterious, lonely, and powerful
Likes (Optional): to train, always look her best, the color red and black, to mess with her long blonde hair, train her dogs and ride her horse, and other things and to be alone
Dislikes (Optional): when people make her angry, the color PINK, rude people, mis-matched clothing, cats, and other things
Skills:Eyes glow icy blue when enraged and fur bristles too.<( when in lycan form)Powerful dark fae queen powers, is skilled with daggers, my katana and is skilled in fighting.
Drivers License: Yes
Pets: A pitch black horse with red rage eyes named nightmare and two demonic purebred German Shepards named Luna and Crescent
Occupation (Optional):
Backstory (Optional): Her mother is aphrodite goddess of love and beauty and father is hades, she was raised by them but mostly was on her own exploring Russia where she was originally from. She was trained by her father and is now deadly and lethal but was raised to be a lady too by her mother. She inherited a old victorian mansion from a distant relative she never knew personally but had met when she was younger, and currently resides there.
Other:

Animal(s): 3
Animal Species Two dogs and a horse
Breed: Hell stallion(male), demonic german shepards (females)
Purebred: All three are
Name: Luna and Crescent are the dogs, Nightmare is the stallion
Appearance: Nightmare is pure black with glowing rage red eyes and is sleek and muscular, is quite wild too. Luna and cocoa are black and brown mix and are a bit small, sleek, fast, and strong as well with red eyes.
Powers (If any): When in my primal dark fae queen form Nightmare grows black strong wings and is unstoppable, Luna and Crescent turn into hell hounds twice there normal size and became fast, agile, and unstoppable too.
Personality (Optional): Nightmare is loyal and loving to his owner and also very protective and will attack if he feels threatened, Luna and Crescent are mainly the same but are aggressive when faced with danger.
Likes (Optional): Nightmare and Luna and Crescent only like their owner but will cope if she likes a certain person, Likes to train play and sleep too
Dislikes (Optional): People, Being threatened
Skills: are very fast and well trained,
Owner (If any): Rose
Backstory (Optional):Luna and Crescent were breeded by a wicked man who was going to use them in dog fighting, and hades rescued them giving them to my character as puppies. Nightmare chose my character to bond with in the underworld over every other possible companion.
Other: Loves chocolate truffles and pasteries like their owner:love::love::love:

OOC: (This stuff should probably be in the discussion.
Oh, hold on. Never mind. But anyway, this one is kinda dead. You might want to move to our CoDA RP if you want something like this. Just check my recent posts. Or follow this handy link