• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open We're Freaks, Not People (Superhuman RP)

"You need a hand? You look a bit tangled. That way pretty amusing though." Sky stepped forwards and started to untangle the mess of string

"Har har har... so funny." She grumbled, with one hand free she cut away at the other strings. When she was finally untangled, she crouched off to the side, and busied herself by cleaning the string pieces from her claws. Yes, she used her teeth, so she wasn't helping her cat situation at all.

Spinning his hand, Sky collected all of the string back into a ball for later abuse, and put it into his pocket. "You have now convinced me that you are a cat. There is nothing against it whatsoever. I'm gonna have to get one of those scratcher things for you to sharpen your claws on. And install a cat flap! I don't have enough money to deal with all this, you know."

Rio glared at Sky, "I swear to god, if you so much as think I won't forget this. I'll force you to get a human identity, an apartment, and then I'll scratch the hell out of any furniture." She snorts, looking out to the setting sun. "Oh hey look the sun is setting man it's getting late gosh I'm tired I'm going to sleep g'night!" She sarcastically raised her voice, scurrying up into her hammock all within one breath, flopping down with no further remarks.

Malcolm managed to lose his way, and was in a seemingly abandoned area of the city, full of warehouses. "Well, guess this'll be as good a place as any to rest." He sighed, sitting down and leaning back on to one of the warehouses. Unknowingly to him, this happened to be the same warehouse where Sky and Rio were.

With a yawn, Rio awoke, noticing how it felt cooler. Looking around her she noticed a telltale shimmer, which meant Sky was settled around her. She got up, crawling across a beam knowing he wouldn't be woken up from the movement. She jumped across a few boxes, landing with a soft thud onto the ground, a tiny echo she had grown accustomed to in the hollow warehouse following. She slipped into the medical shack she had, slowly and carefully putting her repaired costume back on. "Do you think my back is healed enough to fly again today?" Rio snorts, pulling on her top. "No, you still need another day or two before I would think flying is SAFE enough for you to attempt." Aurrea chastised.

Sky woke, a little while after Rio, and collected his form together. Standing up, he yawned, and walked towards the medical tent she had, before deciding against it, and just hovering in place. Sky then noticed his hands had gotten a blue glow, and cursed. "Godamnit! I had to switch now, didn't I?"

Rio suddenly popped out of the tent, looking at Sky and his glowing hands. "Switch what now?" She made a croon sound in the back of her throat to voice her confusion. "I'm guessing that's not normal, though." She gestured to his hands. She walked out fully to stand in front of him, not breaking her stare at his face. She waited for him to explain, since she had no clue as to what to do, but finished wrapping her tail around her waist.

"It's complicated. In short, I can get certain powers from something nearby. Except it's completely random." The blue glow started to fade away, and because replaced with an orange light, pulsing gently. "Whu? What's this? Wait a second..." Sky peered at Rio's heart, which was pulsing at precisely the same speed as his hands. "Apparently I've synchronized with your heart. It's just I have no idea what I can do. There's no straight up ability, like throwing fire, so I guess I'll have to wait

"Well, if it's not throwing fire, holler for me when you start acting like a dragon and growing fangs." Rio snorts. She gazed down at the faint golden glow coming from her heart, "I'll never understand dragon magic..." She muttered. She stretched out, hissing as she pulled a few stitches and stiff muscles. "Well, I'm going on morning patrol." She jumped on her toes, before running out the hole in the ceiling by wall jumping, and as soon as she scampered across the concrete, leaped onto the fire escape of a building and hauled herself into the roof.

"Okay, goodbye." As she left, Sky felt himself being dragged upwards, and onto the roof, dissipating to stop himself getting smeared across a door, and reformed in front of her. "Well, apparently that's what it does. Seems like it has a radius of about half a Kilometer, from the height you're at."

"Huh, so you basically can't leave my side now, huh?" Draco snorts, "Haha! Now I can drag you with me everywhere and do life threatening stunts!" She cackled, her eyes filled with mirth. With a wink, she was off like a shot, racing across the rooftops, making it a point to squeeze her way through every crevice made by an air vent and dash through fire escapes as quickly as possible, abusing the knowledge that she could drag Sky with here everywhere.

Sky twisted himself into his wind form, and shot in front of her. "Or, I could just disappear, and stop my face getting peeled off. I'll just have to wait until I loose this Familiarity, but I must get something else from it. Eh, we'll see."
Sky's body suddenly twisted, as he felt a clod of dirt his the back of his neck, and another hit his arms. "Who... Did... That..." He hissed, the wind suddenly becoming much stronger. Off the side of the building, he saw a pillar formed of branches rise up, with a girl standing on it.
"Me. Duh. Honestly, you should know better than to make an alteration to the weather without telling the Dryads nearby."
"Why, you son of a b-" Another lump of dirt blocked up his mouth. Sky screamed, spitting out the earth, and sent a blade of wind through her colomn, causing it to shake slightly and slice several branches off.
"Ohh, you should not have done that. I think we need to tell your friend here something. What do you say? It's quite a gripping thing to hear about. You really are trapped in worry, aren't you?" She laughed, and turned to Rio. "This guy must really get on your nerves. There's a simple way to keep him from doing anything, and this is it. If he disappears, just get a bag, or a box, or anything airtight, and you can contain him in there. It's as simple as that, and I trust you won't abuse this knowledge, will you?" The dryad winked at Rio.
"Acacia! You had to tell her, of all people, didn't you? I wouldn't count on your trees getting much of that precious dioxide this year." Sky sent what would be a hurricane force wind hurtling through the pillar she had created, and it fell over with a crash, the roots, and girl, already melting into the ground. Sky then turned towards Rio. "Now, could you please do me a favour? You wouldn't mind scraping this dirt off my neck, would you? I can't touch it, and I can't disappear with it stuck to me."

Last edited:
Rio had a shit eating grin plastered on her face throughout the entire exchange, which really only got wider, enough to expose the fangs in the back of her mouth. "Sure thing, Gusty." She proceeded to whack the back of his neck with her claws. Of course, they really came no where close to skin contact, hooking the lump of dirt and sending it flying off elsewhere. "You know, I think I have a spare bottle laying around, sad and empty in my first aid tent..." Her eyes crinkled at their edges from the wide smirk plastered on her face.

"Thanks." Sky staggered over to an edge near the door and scraped the other bit off his leg. "Now, if you could ignore everything she said, that would be great. Wait a second...". Sky's eyes flicked to her gem. "She did this on purpose! After I pissed her off with the weather alteration I made earlier, she must've got one of those leaves to touch your heart, and then transmit the energy into the air, where it's connect with me, and after a while, had a pretty good chance to link me to you. And then she came up here... God, I hate her. You won't abuse this, will you?" Sky disappeared, but didn't try to fly away, knowing he wouldn't get very far. "And to be honest, I'm not sure why you didn't take the other opportunity she gave you. You could have just taken the route you used a second ago, but without me being able to protect myself, owing to that dirt on my neck

Last edited:
Draco shrugged, "I'm not human but that doesn't mean I'm heartless." Giving Sky a two fingered salute she fell backwards off the building's edge. Her claws sparked down the walls of the alley, where she then rushed off to the sounds of silent struggling from a street or two over.

Draco quickly dispatched of the would be criminal, which was a rather harsh term. It was really just a gang of classic school jock bullies ganging up on a rather scrawny kid with taped glasses and scattered papers. The poor kid shivered as he took a quick glance up at the vigilante, gathering his papers. Draco kneeled down into a crouch, being careful as she picked up a few papers and brushed the dirt off, having no shame in scanning the complicated notes that had nothing to do with what the school systems currently were teaching. "Kinda advanced for a freshman, don't you think?" She gazed at the small teen through half lidded eyes like a lazy animal.

The kid nervously gulped and chuckled, scratching the back of his neck, "Hehe... I can't take anything more advanced than what I'm in now... so I do problems during the lectures." Draco smiled as she handed the papers over, something unreadable in her eyes. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to improve the cancer treatment fields, aren't you?" The teen nodded numbly. Draco got up with a small grunt, dusting off her pants. She clapped him on the shoulder, causing the teen to stumble briefly. "Good luck, then, Life Saver." She dashed off with a wink, leaping onto another rooftop with her ears open for trouble.

Malcolm lazily opened his eyes. Shit! I fell asleep! Were his first thoughts His second one was: There. Is. A gun. Pointed at my face. "Get up." Said the voice of the armed man. Deciding it would be best for himself if he stood up as well, Malcolm stood as the armed man requested. The man, however, didn't realize he wasn't doing this because he'd told him to. He quickly looked at the man with the gun. Well, teenager would be more precise. He had a few friends with him, but he was the only one with a gun. Malcolm contemplated momentarily on how he should handle the situation.

Name: ravynn
Alias : mimikyu
Appearance: young girl around 18 with blue eyes pink hair and dress and glowing eyes
Powers (If any): telekinesis, gaster blasters,bones.
Weakness/Power Disadvantages (If any powers): weak to steel poison and fire
Personality (Optional):joyful
Likes (Optional):puns pokemon and ketchup
Dislikes (Optional):evil metapod
Skills: teleportation to outsmart my enimnes
Drivers License:yep
Pets: gaster blaster ,sylveon and mimikyu
Occupation (Optional):none
Backstory she has fallen from the overworld into the underground saved by gaster they became friends as time went on they were family. with the power of determination i saved them.

Draco changed direction with a huff, dropping onto all fours and skidding. The roof lit up with sparks from her claws and several gouges were left in the stone before she shot off towards the warehouses again that morning. Leaping and running, she only returned to a bipedal mode of transportation as she landed near the culprits. She took the sight in, one gun, the victim seemingly disorientated, and a few others backing their buddy up. They really didn't seem all to threatening, but what was with all these teens getting into trouble lately? She sauntered her way up behind the group, one hand on her hip, before giving one of the teens a harsh shove. "Maybe you want ta think about laying off the poor dude? Unless you was looking for a fight, cause I'm more than ready to throw down with one of you." She gazed at the group through hardened eyes, Punks she thought briefly, looking at the would be troublemakers.

Malcolm stood up, brushing off some dirt on his hoodie. "Thanks. I can take it from here." He said, walking up to the teens. In a fit of panic, one of the teens with a bat ran towards him and swung. Malcolm raised his arm to block the bat, and it broke in half. He picked said boy up and threw him in to the other one armed with a bat. "Now, you there, young boy with the gun. Hand it over." He ordered, opening the palm of his hand. Shakily, the punk dropped the gun, and ran off. His buddies quickly got to their feet and fled. Malcolm himself bent down to pick up the gun, and crashed it in his hand, dropping the now useless sidearm to the ground. Looking back to the people who'd intervened, he gave them a grateful nod. "Again, thank you for the help. I was trying to think of a way I could disarm him without causing serious damage until you two showed up."

"Not a problem." Sky said, removing himself from the gun's mechanism and solidifying. "But, how did you know I was here? Just the fact you noticcrd the gun jam up?"

"The dude's superhuman, you tend to notice when there's other superhumans around." Draco shrugged at her friend. She looked at the new man, super strength was very likely. "Say, what're you doing all the way here anyhow? I mean, abandoned side of town is pretty dodgy, since you see teens like that pretty often. Not this far in, usually, but still pretty often."

"Ah, that robbery you guys tried to stop? I may, or may not, have gone in to finish off a few people you two left behind." Malcolm began, putting his hand on the back of his neck, in embarrassment. "And, when I fled from the scene, I got lost, and found myself here. I decided to take a rest right there. Turns out, I crashed. Woke up with that punk's gun in my face."

"Rough night, wasn't it?" Draco chuckled to herself, thinking back mostly to how she dragged Sky to the top of the warehouse only to drop him, even if it was intentional. "I won't be able to fly for a few more days because of those trigger happy robbers. But, I chose to get into this line of work, no use running away with my tail tucked between my legs now. Fifty years late for that anyhow..." She muttered the last sentence to herself, but turned her attention back to the new face. "Anyways, you are...?" she trailed off, maybe she should have offered her hand to shake first, but oh well.

Before saying anything else, Malcolm looked around, making sure no one else was in earshot. "Name's Malcolm. A pleasure." He replied, finally, holding out his hand for a handshake. "You two sure did a number on those guys back at that robbery, though."

Draco carefully took Malcolm's hand in her clawed glove, giving him a firm handshake in return, knowing her strength wouldn't faze him. "Name's Draco, and ya, I have an image to keep after all. Media and police just eat crimes like that up once Draco makes her appearance, if you read the newspapers at all." She smirked as she withdrew her hand, directing attention to Sky with a sassy flick of her hair. "Gusty over there tagged along, gave me a good 'ol fright, too. Don't think he's actually engaged in a fight until last night." She sent a fanged smirk his way, her hands resting on her hips, and her tail gave a little flick from the tip.

"Excuse me! I didn't just start yesterday. I've been alive for longer than that, and I have my own problems. If you live in the sky, you have to deal with others. Like Acacia. Actually, ignore that. That never happened"

Draco snickered to herself, eventually just leaning against the side of the warehouse. "We all got problems to deal with, like being superhuman. That in itself is a problem, never mind the actual heroes and villains that are out and about." She tilted her head slightly, ears swiveling in different directions to show off her curiousity. "How'd some of us get landed with powers anyways? I mean it's not like we went romping around in a nuclear power plant."

"Well, I'm self explanatory. I mean, I'm an air spirit. But this wierd inheritance thing I got after taking a high flight and some sort of space radiation scrambled the supernatural part of me."

"Radioactive space.... Huh, that's new." Draco hummed, before looking at Sky, "How high did you go? You're made of air, but space has no oxygen and I assume you'd asphyxiate without it." Her eyes glanced up into the sky briefly, in thought. "Trippy..." She muttered to herself.

"Pretty high. I do need a fair bit of air to keep me alive, but not oxygen in particular. If I was locked in a room, or, in several cases, a box, there would be enough air to survive. But if all the air were pumped out, I'd probably die. So I can fly pretty high, until I clear the stratosphere."

Malcolm had to stop a chuckle. "Wait, in 'several cases?' Are you telling me you've been trapped in a box before?" He asked, honestly surprised that someone could manage to outsmart and trap an air spirit. Seeing the work that he'd done at the attempted robbery had given Malcolm a high opinion of Sky's skills.

"Yeah. Bloody wood nymphs hate me, and have done it several times. It was one of them who told this women how to do it. And a plastic bag once or twice, I suppose. They don't really like man-made matter."

"Wood nymphs? Well, I suppose anything could be real, at this point." Malcolm sighed, deciding to pull down his hood. The man kept his shades on though, as he said. "Well, I'd share how I got my powers, but, in reality, I'm not really sure how I received them." He informed, shrugging.