• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open We're Freaks, Not People (Superhuman RP)

Draco grunts, she's worked her tail end off day in and day out for the past 50 years, so naturally taking anytime off was rare. In fact, so rare it was barely any surprise that she dozed off then and there, curled up like a cat on a large beam. Aurrea, thank goodness, remained awake on her back, staring at the strange human with her eyes narrowed. Naturally, she had grown protective of her little 'hatchling' after spending 50 years almost being killed every day.

"But... Why? Why bother? If you take a break, nobody would notice. Heck, there's no particular point in you working. Then again, you do need to eat... Still. Trust me. You need a rest."

Malcolm finally left Club Thanatos, actually an hour after his shift was supposed to end. He worked an extra hour shift, more so in an attempt to avoid Crane. Now he wore his usual dark blue jeans and black tennis shoes, with a white t-shirt and a currently open black hoodie. He had the hood on his hoodie up, and he had been walking down a dark alleyway. It was dangerous, but it was far quicker. It also gave him a better chance of not running in to his hunter. Finally, with little trouble, he made it back to his apartment, and entered. As he walked in, he handed the lady up front a bit of cash. After that, he moved in to his room and to his bed. All night, he remained awake. Not expecting to get any sleep, he began to read a book.

Aurrea stared at the superhuman below, "She works everyday not because there's a point in doing so, she does it because she wants to. She's invested 50 years into being Draco, she doesn't have a life outside of being Draco anymore. It's not a matter of there being no point, she has nothing else. Besides, she lost her sister because no one stopped the man who murdered her in broad daylight, she keeps working so no one else has the same thing happen."

Her tail flicked, "True, her morals aren't the best, but she's got all the right intentions and a heart of gold. She's one of the few people who actually try to make a difference in this damn city, but she's been at it far longer than anyone here. And she does rest, just not often. Usually on quiet days she gets a few hour nap, but like you I wish she would take better care of herself."

Aurrea huffed, "Most of the time she's flying around the top of the city, avoids getting shot down, and when she's not avoiding the police, she's keeping lookout. She sees or hears a robbery, mugging, or anything similar she rushes over to put a stop to it. One time she broke into an apartment to stop an abusive husband once." Aurrea grinned maliciously, "That guy deserved the pummeling Draco brought down upon his head. But when she isn't crime fighting, this girl literally has no regards for anything, one time she dropped into a school field and started playing soccer with the 3rd graders."

The dragon spirit then curled up, but not before tossing over her shoulder, "All this talking has made me tired, I guess you can stay, but try not to wake her."

"Thanks. Don't worry, I'll be as quiet as a breeze." Sky disintegrated, and flew down next to Aurrra, swirling around her before settling down, and falling asleep (or at least, not moving until the next morning)

David had the nightmares but still slept only to be awaken by his alarm "5:00 in the morning already " he mumbled to himself as he rose out of his bed quickly showering and changing into his usual outfit he wore to work. He exited his apartment and transformed into his mist form and quickly arrived at his work, a DNA lab, at 6:00a.m. As he powered up the usual equipment and as he finished some officers came in with evidence from a brutal crime scene that unfolded last night "I'll get to work right away" David said the officers nodded and left "time to get to work" he whispered.

Hey, what the hell just went through my airspace? Better go and check. Sky flew off towards the unidentified flying thing, and realised that it had solidified again, into a human. He shot down and went straight under the doorframe, entering some sort of lab. He then started to scan each face, looking for the trespasser.

Malcolm awoke, at about 6 in the morning. He put on an outfit identical to the one he had last night. As he walked out of his apartment, he just walked around the streets. He didn't have work today, since it was a Saturday, so he just roamed the streets. Since it was daytime, it was unlikely Crane would strike. He walked by the bank, and noticed something. The front spaces were empty. No one behind the glass, no lines, anything. "This can't be good." Malcolm muttered to himself. He pulled up his hood to where it covered his face, and walked in.He was immediately met by a shotgun aimed at his head, from his right. He looked over and down at the man who aimed the gun at him. He was wearing a ski mask. As he gazed around the room, he saw three other men in ski masks, holding hostages. One of them was demanding the codes for a vault in the back. Good. That meant it was just the four of them. He continued scanning the room, until he saw the alarm, on the other side of some glass.

Malcolm made his move. With surprising agility, the ex-marine grabbed the man's shotgun, twisted it with his bare hands, and hit him over the head with it, knocking him out. He tossed the shotgun aside, hitting another robber in the head before he even realized what was going on, and then picked up the first man. He tossed the robbed through the glass, his body hitting the alarm. Malcolm then rolled to a table and knocked it on it's side, using it for cover as the other two men, idiotically, turned and opened fire in his direction.

Having fallen off, Sakura realized this guy had been a superhuman. Bad luck, she supposed. Climbing down the building, she checked the device. With a flick of her tail, she was already on the move, so as to avoid suspicion. The device was just rattling off things that had been happening and to 'stay on high alert', as always. She decided the bank was the most interesting place to go at the moment, since there's always something happening there. She transformed back into a human, took a rest on a nearby tree until five thirty, and started towards the bank, once again in the form of a cat.

Seeing the incident, she thought of something that had worked many a time. Walking straight towards the two men that were firing, she nudged one with her head and looked at him with eyes as cute as she could muster. This could go two ways, but after seeing what the guy without the ski mask could do, she supposed both possibilities would be pretty safe.

Fortunately for both Malcolm and Sakura, the masked men weren't exactly bright. As the men stopped firing to look down at the cat, Malcolm seized the opportunity. The large man jumped over the table and rammed in to one of the robbers. The impact sent him on to the ground a few feet away. The other man, the one closer to Sakura, turned. Before he could fire his gun, however, Malcolm grabbed him by the shirt and threw him up, making him slam in to the ceiling, and fall back down. The other man, whom had been knocked down seconds earlier, got up. Hearing the man scuttling, Malcolm turned and walked towards him. The man managed to fire two shots at Malcolm, but after that, he grabbed the robbers gun and crushed it in his hand. Finally, Malcolm picked the man up by his back, and threw him out one of the bank's front windows. After making sure all four men were on the ground, Malcolm walked over to each of their guns and bent them, making them unusable. He then looked down of the cat, said "Thanks, bud," and ran out of the bank, in to one of the alleyways, before the cops arrived.

Sakura grumbled under her breath as she returned into her human form, talking to the cops about the incident before turning back into her favorite feline form and running out towards Malcolm, yelling, "Hey! I didn't even get your name! Does anyone around here have any manners?!" Of course, this was in english and not in meows or purrs, though the r sound was slightly exaggerated. It was quite annoying that some stranger thanked her, though it was clear he could've done it himself, and ran off without even stopping to chat. Can't people nowadays at least take a second of their time?

Can i still join?
Name: Steven U. (I'm in a Steven Universe stage...)
Alias (Optional): Star
Appearance: Black hair, Blue eyes, Shirt and pants vary, and black/blue/red shoes
Powers (If any): Super Speed and Super strength
Weakness/Power Disadvantages (If any powers): Using his Super Speed for 3 or more minutes makes him really dizzy. Using Super Strength for 3 or more minutes result in weak muscles.
Personality (Optional):
Likes (Optional): stars, friends,Running (not in super speed)
Dislikes (Optional): Villains, And people who don't pay attention to their surroundings
Skills: Works well with a partner, Can use Super Speed to zip up walls
Drivers License: No, he doesn't need it.
Pets: none
Occupation (Optional): Pizza delivery.
Backstory (Optional): Lost his parents at the age of 5, and has been living on his own for a while.
Other: He loves Chocolate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven ran up the street. He could easily use his super speed, but he disliked his powers. He only used them if necessary. He then noticed a cat. It was in his way. He didn't have time to dodge the cat. Unless he used his superpower. He had no choice, so he used his super speed and went next to the cat. After passing it, Steven looked at the cat.

David worked in his lab on the samples he was given to work with. The DNA that was found didn't match anything from a worldwide database, but still human "oh no" he whispered as he analyzed the result, he picked up a radio "yeah its me, the DNA" he had a hard time saying the next part "is that of an enhanced person" the man on the other side of the radio an said "Got it alerting all available units to this information to be on guard" David put the radio and put his hand on the table leaning on it his head lowered in thought. He left since he is only there when DNA tests need to be run. Once he was outside the building and away from the buildings camera system he turned into his mist form and flew to a nearby rooftop "no better time to for the next initiate" he looked around the area "where to start searching" he picked an area and begun his search transforming into his mist form.

Aha. Gotcha. Sky flew up to the roof, and started to get the air rotating in a steady circle. Able to see a cloud of mist, he adjusted the whirlwind so it would be caught in it, and not have enough density to reform. "Some people never learn..." He said to himself.

Draco woke with a yawn, stretching on out all fours like a cat, giving off a satisfied grunt as her back popped. Aurrea was still drowsy, but Draco simply slipped the dragon into her pouch. Leaping off the beam she landed on the ground, running out of the warehouse still on all fours before extending her wings. She soared straight up into the morning air, grinning as she free fell back down before weaving through buildings. Her ears were perked and flicked to every sound, and soon enough she dove into an alleyway towards her first target.

Crane was proud of the display and panic he had made across the city, now that the people would be searching for a criminal. That only meant that's his own prey may now come in searching for him, it will make his job much easier. But this doesn't mean he will end searching on his own. He needed more superhuman DNA, and he already has targets in mind. "Time to pay my misty friend a visit hehehe." Crane laughs maniacally to himself before darting off, following what scent he could make up.

Despite the best attempts of the whirlwind David's control over water he was able to pull together his form becoming himself again falling from a high distance and if he didn't reveal himself as a superhuman here he would die, or he could reveal himself and lose his current decent life. He made his mind and used two steady and powerful beams of water came out of his hands with the same force of a cannon firing slowing his decent. Most people in the area freaked out at the sight some thought it was marvelous and a sight to be treasured. He landed on the ground looking into the air looking for the one who attacked him and slipped his headphones over his ears his the music begun to play as he readied for a fight.

David smiled as the blast of wind came toward him, it was like slow motion to him, and once the shot got to close he moved to the side allowing it to pass without hitting him. He then moved back into his original position saying "is that the best you can do" he looked up where the shot came from "show yourself." (is anyone else imagining the Mortal Kombat announcer saying FIGHT)

"Um, no. Why should I?" Sky's disembodied voice floated down from the sky. "I'm just fine here." He sent another wave, but got it wide enough to cover the whole roof, and used it to propel David up.

The shockwave sent him into the air but he transformed into mist going down to street level reforming. His version of 'hiding in plain sight' was standing amongst civilians if Sky wanted to hit David he'd have to attack other citizens "I have done nothing for you to attack" he shouted his voice hidden among the crowd of people. Now it was a matter of can we hurt citizens even if we need to fight one hiding in the group.

"Yes, you did. I don't like other superhumans trespassing in my territory." Sky singled out the waterbender, and shot him into the air, holding him. up.

Malcolm turned, hearing the voice. The only individuals he saw were the cat from earlier, and a man, whom was staring at the cat. The cat seemed focused on Malcolm, while the other man was more focused on the cat. *A Shapeshifter? Perhaps.* He crouched down and looked at the cat. "Sorry about that. Cops tend to ask people like me questions, then other, higher up people tend to get involved. So I wanted to be outta there before they arrived. My name is Malcolm Thorne. You?" He definitely hoped it was a shapeshifter, otherwise, he was talking to a random-ass cat on the street.

Steven looked at his watch. he was a little creeped out how he saw a man talking to the cat. "The only way for me to get there on time is if i use my super speed. Might as well." Steven whispered. Steven charged, a little tired from using his super speed before, even though it was for a split second. Steven dashed off, determined to get to where he wanted on time. He didn't if people watched. He knew they thought he was just a freak

David in the air said "I believe that we meet last night" he moved his headphones back down around his neck "also the air around us, you don't own any of it you are merely invading on the territory of other people" he lowered his head "I will not fight you, but this is an opportunity you see I'm putting together a team of people like us 'enhanced' if you show yourself and rid your self of your hostility you are welcome to join us" he said as he turned into mist breaking the hold and going back to a rooftop waiting for the air elemental.

Sakura wasn't too happy with the answer, but she decided it made enough sense. After all, it was the whole reason she involved herself with the police. " It's Sakura. Sakura Sabishi. So, you're one of those superhumans? I don't think your average Joe can take out four people like that, no matter how thick they might be." She swished her tail, wondering what other people thought of this Malcolm guy for talking to a cat. Either way, it was something to do. Better than running off to the police department because of a minor jewelry theft.

"Hey, I'm an air spirit. This is all technically my territory. And, well, I'm a freelancer, so no thanks. I'll be fine. I will drop the agro though. Probably a bit unnecessary, I suppose." Sky dropped down to the roof and solidified. "The name's Sky."

"Names David, but my friends used to call me Mist" he paused a minute "which actually that's quite suiting now" he looked over the edge of the roof "sad to hear you won't be joining but if you change your mind" he grinned as he let himself fall off the edge turning back into mist a note flying out of the cloud with a phone number on it and on the other side said 'if you change your mind.'

While in mist form David's vision could see any amount of water from the largest ocean down to the molecular level. He of course had reform since if he used to much in a single go it harms his mental state. People saw him reform and were understandable shocked at the sight of him but before questions could be asked he risked it and changed into his mist form taking off to an alley and reformed the usage put a strain on his powers and temporarily make him slightly crazy. He looked around the area there was no one to be seen, good.

Flying back up into the air, Sky saw somebody from the club he was at briefly, talking to a... Cat? He solidified nearby, listening

"Well, I guess you could say that, yeah. Super strength and regenerative powers, stuff like that." Malcolm replied. He made sure he kept his hood up, so no one saw his face. Half of the reason was to make sure no one could identify the man openly admitting to his abilities. The other half, so no one could later mention how he was the crazy guy talking to a cat. "People 'round us probably think I'm crazy, talking to a cat." He muttered, chuckling. "So, I assume you're a shapeshifter? Or just a cat with... talking powers? Psychic abilities?"

Upon hearing the trash cans behind him, Malcolm stood and turned. "Who the hell's there?" Malcolm asked, as he walked over and looked around at the person whom had interrupted his conversation.

Steven stopped. He looked around. He was the same street he was just on. "Damn... I went in a circle. I hate my super speed..." Steven said out loud. He saw a trash can on the road. "am i interrupting something here?" Steven asked.

"Uh-huh. Yeah, whatever. Look man, I'm trying to have a conversation here, with this cat. Trust me, I am a Psychic, I know how to do these things. And this cat, right here? This cat may be the final puzzle piece in solving the greatest mysteries ever! Did we really kill Hitler? Has Tupac Shakur been chillin' on an island somewhere in Cuba? And I need quiet, and no watchful eyes, while I'm doing it." Malcolm stated. It was a huge load of crap, but he attempted to drive off the man, in an attempt to make Malcolm look like he was crazy.

Sky raised an eyebrow. "A Psychic. Not a guy who can toss dumpsters? Pretty sure you can't be both. And I could understand that cat just as well as you, so unless I've inherited your madness, that cat isn't a normal cat."