• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Welcome to the Unova Region!!!! (Sign Ups and Disscussion)

Hi guys. Lately, I've been doing some work, and I've decided to make a Pokemon RP as a break from it. So when I joined this site, I made an RP called Kanto Jounreys which kinda was my first RP. I loved it, and I still use that OC today. So after some work with my OC, and he's trained some, I've decided to make a new RP, involving him traveling to the Unova Region.
RP Thread --> https://pokecharms.com/threads/unova-travels.17600/

But first I'm going to lay down some rules
  1. All PPR and RP rules apply. This mean no double posting, no Mary Sues, and all of that
  2. As a note to the last rule, the minium length for a post is 2 paragraphs.
  3. Grammar is important, no remember, posts need to be in 3rd person. That with the format, "He ran down the dock," instead of something like "I ran down the dock," or "Your ran down the dock." Also keep posts in past tense.
  4. Be polite to others. No flaming because that is pretty rude and disrespectful.
  5. Mega Evolution is allowed, but Battle Bond isn't. Fakemon aren't allowed either. Legendaries cannot be caught in this RP, and if you want to encounter one, not only has it be approved with me for plot reasons, but you also need to contact @Stellarwind Elydeon in a PM and include the info. Mega Evolution requires the same process and you need to be approved before you can have a Mega. All of this info can also be found in the PRP rules, whic you should have already read, so I don't know why I'm covering it. If you haven't read any of these, hen you should before making your character.
  6. Now as for character requirements, I would recommend you go with a more expirenced trainer, and not a new trainer, as some threats I've been planning shoudn't really involve new trainers with no experience.

Now for the character sheets. Here are the information to fill out.

And here is my character sheet.
  • Name: Ry Burst
  • Height: 6’0”
  • Physical Appearance: He is a tall lean boy. His hair is a reddish brown color, and is about medium length. It is scruffy and about 2” in length. His skin is a peach with a slightly darker tint. He has signs of a poor tan along his forearms, face, and shoulders. He has a muscular body shape, while on his left shoulder, there is a white crescent shaped scar, with jagged edges. There are ain't signs of callouses on the bottom of his feet, and around his palms, showing signs of past work. His eyes are a sparkling emerald green, while his friend June claims that there is a spark of blue among the sea of green.
  • Clothing: The most important part of his wardrobe is a pendant. The trim is a silver color while the center holds a Key Stone. He keeps this hidden under his clothes and only reveals it off the odd chance he needs to Mega Evolve Jet, which isn’t very common. He wears clothes that are comfy. His torso normally is something along the lines of a white t-shirt. Over it is either a open red and white plaid button up shirt, or a red hoodie with white pockets, when it’s colder. He usually sticks to navy blue jeans, and red and white Converse All Star High Tops. His backpack is a one strapped green bag. He also has a pair of red goddess with tinted lenses for dealing with intense heat or to keep things out of his eyes.
  • Personality: Ry is a goof ball who is full of energy. He cracks jokes and tries to keep everyone in a good mood. He loves to battle and is always up for a brawl. He is an extremely loyal friend and trainer, fully trusting his friends and his Pokémon. However with the upbeat attitude he was some signs of weakness. One of them is when someone insults his Pokémon or his friends. He gets very upset, and he defends those who were insulted. Something peculiar about him, is his overall ignorance involving some more social aspects. He doesn’t pick up on clues and hints very quickly, like someone having a crush on him or hating his guts. The way it seems is, is that if it doesn’t involve Pokémon, battling or cooking, he is quite oblivious in this subject. However if there is an argument, and he picks up on it, he tries to jump in as a moderator. He is somewhat of a budding Pokémon breeder, with his mom teaching him a lot as he grew up. However there are a lot of ties, where he can seem childish.
  • Skills:
  • Chef: With his mother being a breeder, she taught him a lot of the aspects of being a good cook, for people and Pokemon. He can quickly identify berries and make unique food concoctions for specific types and breeds of Pokémon. He also can cook for people quite well.
  • Battle Sync: A unique way of battling where the user moves in sync with his pokemon. It requires a lot of training and building a strong bond with said Pokémon. Ry seems to do this quite naturally. However this is not a special power or form of evolution, but simply the way Ry battle. A way to immerse himself into the battle more, think clearer, and make better decisions. He was taught this by the Fighting Type Gym Leader Maylene, of Veilstone City, which is his hometown. She told him that this was the way his father battled, but very few trainers actually did this. It seemed like a waste of time and energy, with no real profit from doing it in battle.
  • Basic Combat: While spending 5 years training in a Fighting Type Gym, one learns the basis of self defense. While he didn’t directly take any classes, he learned through watching and listening.
  • Gut Feeling: Ry is very quick to act and can figure out battle strategies in a snap. This makes him a very capable batter, but this also helps in situations that require fast action. He trusts his gut completely.
  • Quick Bond: Ry is a very friendly boy and knowledgeable with Pokémon. This makes him someone who is quick to befriend Pokémon. He can quickly bond with People, but not always. However bonding with Pokémon comes quite easily to him.
  • Strengths: He seems to have boundless energy, along with a great deal of optimism. He has grit and hates to give up. He is very loyal and will protect his friends to the best of his ability. He has quite a good potential for battling. He also is a good cook.
  • Weaknesses: He is quite ignorant at times, often not realizing what's going on, outside of Pokemon Battles. He’s hot headed and acts much on instinct. This can lead to problems when he doesn’t think things through.
  • Motive: As it says in his bio, he was rescued by Latios, while his father and the grunts died. The Legendary Pokemon set a fire in Ry’s stomach despite all of the chaos. The fact that there was Pokemon so strong and so amazing inspired him to become a great trainer. However he believes that there is no trainer-pokemon relationship, but as partners, all because of this. And he wants to be strong to protect them and meet new pokemon.
  • Goal: He wants to collect all 8 Unova Gym badges and become champ.
  • Relationships:
  • Sarah Burst: Sarah is Ry’s mother and she is constantly on the sidelines supporting her son. She lives outside of Veilstone City, and take care of Ry’s Pokemon while he is away. Something important to also mention, is that she was once a great breeder, and taught Ry what she knows, during his training with Maylene.
  • James Burst: James is Rys deceased father. James was once an officer for the Veilstone Police Force. His best friend was Maylene’s father, which was part of the reason, the young gym leader, agreed to tutor Ry, after James’ passing. His death was when there was a lab explosion in a Warehouse operated by a group of men who wanted to revive Team Galactic. James got a call to see what was going on, and Ry tagged along, which led to James’ death and Ry’s rescue by Latios. Also, his battle style, Battle Sync, is the same type Ry uses, and it isn’t very common
  • Maylene: This young Gym Leader was the one who trained with Ry for five years. While she didn't spent every waking minute training wit Ry, she gave him the tools to train himself, with help from Maylene and other members of the gym. When James died, her father’s best friend, she felt bad for the son. A few years later, she decided to help train the boy, as that was what he wanted.
  • Professor Rowan: Professor Rowan was accidentally the one to gift Ry with his starter, after an egg mix up. Roan didn’t have the heart to take back Chimchar after the connection it seemed to have with Ry. They don’t talk much, and they are more associates than anything,
  • June Wilson: One of Ry’s best friends, and traveling companion. While she wants to be a contest coordinator, having a friend with the breeding skills Ry has helps a lot. And she is always there to cheer him on, and he is there for her. She has a major crush and has shown obvious signs of it in the past. However, Ry is too clueless to notice.
  • Zak McHenry: Ry’s other best friend and traveling companion. While he two boys have a friendly rivalry, they seem to get along great. However Zak and Ry can butt heads at times.
  • Dennis: Ry’s first Rival. Dennis hates Ry, and has ever since they met. However as Ry and Dennis both grew stronger, they kinda dried even more apart in their beliefs. One instance of this is while Ry learned the secrets of Mega Evolution, Dennis hated the fact he couldn’t. His jealousy and hate led him to join an evil team, but the team quickly fell apart after about a year. One huge relationship the two boys have is with Gyra, Ry’s Gyarados. Gyra originally belonged to Dennis and was one of his strongest and most used. However, when Dennis quickly abandoned Gyra in the heat of the moment, Ry risked his life for Gyra. This, along with a more nurturing trainer, gave the two boys something else other than pure rivals. Enemies.
  • Darrius: Darrius is a man, whom Ry traveled with through Kanto. The two got along famously, and were good buddies and rivals. They both had unlocked the power of Mega Evolution, and could do some serious damage together. However in the semifinals of the Indigo Plateau Pokemon Leauge, Darrius beat Ry and tied for the spot of winner.
  • Brief: Another one of Ry’s friends and traveling companions. The two traveled the Kanto region together, and are also rivals.
  • Landon: Ry traveled Kanto and part of Alola with Landon. They are good buddies and rivals.
  • Levi: One of Ry’s friends, traveling companions, and rivals. Levi was the one who Darrius tied against in the Indigo Plateau Pokemon League after Darrius beat Ry.
  • Robby: Ry has traveled the Kanto Region and part of the Aoloa region with Robby. They are also good friends and rivals.
  • Aaron: Another one of Ry’s traveling companions and rivals. They are also good friends.
  • Backstory: Ry was born and raised in Veilstone City on October 17th. His mother was a breeder, and his father was a Police Officer and ex-trainer. However, Ry never learned about how he father was once a trainer until he was around 9. One night, James, Ry’s father received a call telling him that they needed him for a raid. The VPD (Veilstone Police Department) had received a tip that the remaining members of Team Galactic were in a warehouse, in the Northern sector of the city. His father left, and he didn’t know that Ry had sunk along, by hiding in the back of the air, because he wa curious to see his dad in action. By the time they arrived on scene, the police were about to begin the raid. Once they began, the majority of the police entered the building, while few were still outside. James was one of the many inside. Ry snuck inside a began look for his father. In the midst of the action, involving dozens of Pokemon battles, with Police officers versus Grunts, a poorly aimed attack hit a vat of chemicals, causing a major explosion. Ry was rescued by the Legendary Pokemon Latios as it had been released by its keeper right before the explosion. While escaping, a pipe slashed Ry’s shoulder giving him the crescent scar he has now.
    After this, Ry vowed to become a Pokemon Trainer to meet more Pokemon like Latios and help others. But to do so, he knew he needed to get stronger. So when he was 10, and officially old enough to be a trainer, he requested to train with the Veilstone Gym Leader Maylene. She planned to refuse, but he father convinced her to do it, as James and him were good friends. Also, she wa getting to the point where having a pupil might not be a bad idea. So she gave him a Machop egg, and when it hatched, she would begin his training.
    About a week later, Professor Rowan passed through Veilstone and attracted quite a good amount of attention. Ry, who thought meeting a Professor would eba good idea, flocked to meet him. However he actually bumped into the man, while looking for him making both of them, drop their eggs into a bush. Rowan told Ry, that these were the eggs for some of the starter Pokemon that trainers near Sandgem town could receive. Ry told Row that his egg would hatch into a Machop, and it would help him train. However both people didn't know that there was a mix up and one of the eggs got switched with the Machop egg, when they went their separate ways.
    When the egg hatched, the species whom it was shocked everyone. It was a Chimchar. Ry ignores that fact, and named him Fuego. Maylene contacted Professor Rowan, who was also shocked to find a baby Machop that came out of his egg. She told Ry not to get too attached to Fuego, but he did. But he time Rowan got there, he noticed their bond, and decided to let the boy keep Fuego. Giving up, Maylene began Ry’s training.
    Ry’s training was rough and he spent many hours working out his body, mind, bond with Fuego, and of course his battling ability. He learned from Maylene, whenever she was free, from other gym trainers, and of course from watching gym battles. He also spent any free time learning about Pokemon care, upkeep, species, cooking, and other important skills, from his mother. Ry worked hard during these five years and so did Fuego, achieving an evolution during this time, evolving into a Monferno.
    After his training, on his 15th birthday, he decided to travel the Sinnoh region and meet other Pokemon and take the gym challenge. He met some friends, whom he traveled with and met new pokemon. He challenged the Sinnoh League and made it to the top 16. Afterwards, he traveled the Kanto region and competed in that league. Again he lost, so he decoded to head to Kalos and train with the Mega Evolution Guru. Afterwards, he took a short vacation to Alola, before he headed back to Sinnoh. Again, he challenged that league and lost. So he decided to travel up north for some more training, where he learned how to use Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant.
  • Character Note: The Mega Evolution and the Legendary encounter are both approved. However, the Meha Evolution will be very rare, and the Legendary Encounter has not plot convince other than building Ry's character in the past.
And here is Ry's Team
Name: Fuego
Species: Infernape
Ability: Blaze
Appearance: Fuego has a slightly larger body size and is a bit more muscular than the average Infernape. Other than that, he is practically the same as others.
Personality: Fuego is a loyal Pokemon and good friend. He is very similar personality to Ry, which may be because of the amount of ice the two have shared, and the fact that Ry hatched Fuego from and egg. Fuego is known to give a thumbs up to his opponents and loves to battle.

Name: Jet
Species: Sceptile → Mega Sceptile
Ability: Overgrow → Lighting Rod
Appearance: He is a bit skinnier than the average Sceptile and is often seemed scowling. strapped to his wrist is a leather gauntlet, with a Mega Stone in it.
Personality: Jet is stubborn and often uses his power. He hates Mega Evolving and only does it if it is needed. He prefers to Battle in Situations where he can be underdog, and that are more tough. He us very suspicious and only trusts Ry and members of the team.

Name: Munchy
Species: Munchlax
Ability: Thick Fat.
Appearance: He is very much like an average Munhclax, with nothing really special about his appearance.
Personality: While Munchy has a huge appetite, he seems to be a bit more downt o earth that the average Munchlax. While he isn't a strong battler, he is very kind and caring. He is often found helping Ry out in the kitchen.

Also, I will be tagging all the members of the original Kanto Journeys and the Reboot. So here goes something. @Lunar Emperor, @PrimrosePearl, @PokemonTrainerDArrius, @*that* guy, @BriefStar, @Trainer_Zander, @ManateeMike, @Rhabby, @PyroGaleZX, and @CrimsonHex. Now you don't have to have your name listed on this list to join, and you don't have to join if your name is listed. I just assumed you would ant to be notified about this RP for nostalgia. I for one, know my RPing has improved since Kanto Jourrneys.​

Last edited:
I'll be using a newer OC for this, if that's ok:

Name: Bakarne Ibarra Eneko

Appearance: Bakarne is a short boy of Basque descent, standing at about 5'2". He has light brown hair, and green eyes, and wears a white sleeveless hoodie, under which is a black t-shirt, and black cargo trousers. He has very wide hips, giving him a somewhat girlish appearance, which he is very sensitive about.

Personality: Bakarne is a jolly, somewhat gluttonous boy, who loves to make sweets almost as much as he loves to eat them. He loves trying new foods and recipes, no matter how weird they may seem. He also suffers with Tourettes' syndrome, and his ticks are shaking his head rapidly, and occaionally saying, 'Biscuit' at inappropriate times. When questioned about his ticks, he will answer, very simply, that he has Tourettes', and cannot help them.

Backstory: Bakarne grew up in Nymphia Town, in the Nita region, where he developed a love of baking thanks to his father, who ran one of the biggest bakeries in Nita. When he received his starter, a slurpuff, at age ten, Bakarne decided that he wanted to become a great pastry chef, and set off on a journey to find inspiration for his food. He is also a great battler, when it comes down to the crunch, but he rarely ever battles, as doing so seems to set off his ticks.

Pokemon:

Slurpuff

Roserade

Mareep (Which cannot evolve)

Doublade

Cofagrigus

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm interested, but before I fully commit I was curious to know what kind of plot you had in mind since it wasn't specified in the first post.

So as for the plot, what I'm planning is to have it based in more post B2W2, about 6 years after the events of the games. We'll have the gym leaders from those games. OCs will begin Virbank, then to Aspertia. Then back to Virbank, sail to Castelia, and pretty much the same order of towns except minus the involvement of Team Plasma as they have disbanded as of this point. As for the evil team, there will be one called Team Relic which currently is a WIP at this point. The OCs collect badges, and travel the region, while dealing with Team Relic. Very basic idea at this point, and I'll set up a private conversation when the thread is released where we can discuss any other important plot points people want to introduce. It will be a somewhat free forming plot.

So pretty much a basic traveling RP, and any major plot points will depend on situation or what we all would decide would be fitting for the situation.

Name: Emily Rojas

Height: 5'7"

Physical Appearance: Emily has ocean blue hair that reaches her mid-back, that she usually keeps in a ponytail. Her eyes are a darker blue, like a stormy ocean. A scar sits on her forearm that twists around her arm from the top of her wrist to underneath near her elbow.

Clothing: Emily wears a black suit with a white button up, which she leaves the top two buttons unbuttoned. She also wears a black tie that she leaves loosely hanging around her neck and under the collar of her shirt. A pair of black loafers complete her ensemble.

Personality: Emily is a quite determined person, not stopping to complete her goal/mission. She is very competitive and hates losing, sometimes losing her temper over a loss. Emily doesn't overly express other her emotions, which leads to some thinking of her as aloof. She does care deeply for her Pokemon, family and close friends.

Backstory: Though born in Goldenrod City, Johto, Emily grew up in Heahea City, Akala Island, Alola. Her parents, Morgan and Alex, moved to Alola after Morgan was promoted at his job. At the age of 8, Emily was wandering around route 6 where she found a Grubbin. It was smaller than normal Grubbin and had gotten stuck in a small crevice. She reached down into the crevice trying to rescue the Grubbin. The Pokemon, not knowing what Emily was attempting, let out a small electric attack which surprised Emily. This caused her to jerk her arm out of the crevice. As she pulled her arm out of the crevice, she cut her arm on a jagged piece of rock. Emily grimaced and held her arm, holding back tears. She wanted to help the Pokemon. Speaking calming words and keeping calm herself, she was able to eventually pull Grubbin out of the hole. She put the Pokemon down on the ground away from the crevice so it wouldn't get stuck again. As Emily headed home, Grubbing followed its rescuer. Emily didn't realize she was being followed until she got home. Her parents were quiet shocked and rushed Emily to a hospital where she got stitched up. Grubbin waited at Emily's house until she returned. Eventually Emily befriended the Pokemon and received a Pokeball from her parents to keep Grubbin in. What got her into battling and training was watching an exhibition battle between Kiawe and Mallow. Seeing the intensity and emotions of the two trainers ignited a fire inside of Emily. She began training with her Grubbin, which she named Atom, at her home. Through repetitive training and a few battles against wild Pokemon, Grubbin eventually evolved into Charjabug. Now an evolved Pokemon, Emily and Atom started battling other trainers, which was a bit of a mistake for Emily. Other trainers were much stronger than her and she was constantly losing battle after battle. She became angrier and angrier with each loss, not at her Pokemon, but at herself for not being strong enough. Eventually things started turning around for the trainer when Charjabug evolved into Vikavolt when they were visiting Poni Island. Emily, learning a bit from experience, decided to train a bit with Vikavolt before battling other trainers, getting a feel for a different battling style. During a visit to Melemele Island, Emily obtained a Rockruff, which later evolved into a Lycanroc. At the age of 15, Emily and her family moved once again. There was a new job opportunity for her father back in Johto. Emily voiced her complaints about moving, not wanting to leave her friends and the region. She ended up moving with her parents since they wouldn't let her live in Alola by herself. Emily became indignant towards her parents and their decision to move. Her once cheery attitude was hidden from the public and only shown to her Pokemon. Now living Azalea Town, Emily was able to explore the nearby Union Cave. She felt safe with her Vikavolt and Lycanroc with her. While exploring, she encountered a wild Steelix. It was a tough fight, as both her Pokemon were weak to Steelix, but eventually she would wind up catching the Steelix and adding it to her team.

Pokemon:

Name: Atom
Species: Vikavolt
Ability: Levitate

Name: Nyx
Species: Lycanroc (Midnight)
Ability: Vital Spirit

Name: Diamond
Species: Steelix
Ability: Sturdy

Last edited:
Okay, the thread is officially up, and soon I'll start up the private convo involving the plot. The link is at the top of this thread

Name: Asra Mikaela Jones (Ra for short)

Height: 4'7"

Physical Appearance: She has a short messy maroon hair that covers almost half of her face, amber eyes, fair complexion, a slim figure and a short height. Growing near the sea, on a boathouse, she is typically good at the swimming and could last underwater in thirty seconds.

Clothing: Her wardrobe were plain and just casually with a lot of jackets and scarf but she usually wears a white turtleneck sweater with an Umbreon hoodie, black volleyball shorts with leggings, maroon laced boots and gloves. She also wears a maroon shaded muffler, red framed glasses and a shiny charm as a choker.

Personality: She loves to travel around especially on water, taking pictures, documentaries and souvenirs for her family in Alola. Although she has the spirit of an adventurer, she is quite lazy and a procrastinator. She's also the type to run away or avoid conflicts even if it was necessary without feeling any shame or regret but she will put this side of her aside if any of her friend were involved on the said conflict. Due to her past, her morals and mindset are a bit of a jumble and sometimes can be considered as wrong and malevolent but her new family help her straighten things up though sometimes she just really cant help holding that side of her for long.

Backstory: She was born in an abusive environment and was tossed out by her biological parents due to them having too many children and needed to removed some 'nuisance'. She had lived a life of street rat and it slowly escalated into being a pseudo-criminal but one day on one of her 'errands' she was captured by a Seafolk family and was put behind bars by them. The family though, felt pity for the girl had set her free and adopted her, she asked why because on her five years living on the street as a criminal, she's really foreign to the gesture of kindness by strangers. They have told her that just like her they had lived a life as bandit once but something had made them change and because of this change they were able to see true kindness from the right people. Curious about what they meant Asra stayed with the family to figure out more about being kind and good. Years passed and she had restored half of her humanity and had grown to loved the Jones. On her eleventh birthday she had sailed off to Melemele to take on the Island Challenge in order to 'complete' herself, she was gifted by her adopted father a Froakie for a companion and they had take on the challenge together. Finding joy in her travels she had ought the path of traveling every corner of the world, taking photograph and souvenirs for her family, who continued supporting her.

Pokémon:
Species: Shiny Greninja
Name: Poseidon
Ability: Torrent

Species: Lucario
Name: Galahad
Ability: Inner Focus

Species: Lycanroc (Midday Form)
Name: Thanatos
Ability: Sand Rush

Last edited:
Name: Devon Gray

Height: 5' 8"

Physical Appearance: Has the body of an average 14 year old of his height, not underweight but not overweight. His hair is jet black, but usually wears a black ball cap over it and has dark blue eyes. He is also a strong runner due the sircumstances he grew up in.

Clothing: Devon usually wears clothing that isn't too flashy and that is confertable. He mainly wears a light red, long-sleeve shirt and black joggers with black running shoes. Again, he wears a black ball cap over his hair, usually he wears it backwards. And finally, he has a gray and black backpack.

Personality: Devon is generally a carefree, go with the flow kind of guy. Although being carefree, he takes training very seriously and will always try to improve upon his mistakes to the best of his abilities. He also cares deeply about his friends and Pokemon and will push them to do the best they can do.

Backstory: Devon had a very good childhood, no sobs stories here. He is originally from Ecruteak City in Johto until he moved to Littleroot town in Hoenn. There, he received his first Pokemon which was a Mudkip. He then began his journey and traveled all through Hoenn and even through all of Johto. Now, he plans to head to the Unova region and take on the challenge.

Pokemon:
Species: Swampert
Name: Swampert (I personally don't like nicknames)

Species: Crobat
Name: Crobat
Ability: Innerfocus

Name: Casys Orellia

Height:
6'2"

Physical Appearance:
Tan skin and a medium build. Thick, curly, snow-white hair. Tattoo of the insect badge on the back of his neck.

Clothing:
White, short-sleeved (Tauros) leather jacket. Black jeans. Black fingerless gloves. Black combat boots. Has a white leather sleeve (like one used for sports) that Casys's keystone is set into.

Personality: Serious battler. Casys is a friendly person off the battlefield, however, and always helps people and Pokémon in need (it is his job after all)

Backstory:
Casys traveled with Ry and some other friends in the Kanto Region. He returned to his hometown of Castelia, Unova and challenged his Uncle Burgh for the title of Gym Leader. Casys won and now enjoys the life of a Gym Leader, occasionally taking breaks to participate in Indigo Leagues and vacation in Alola.

Pokémon:

Species:
Heracross -> Mega Heracross
Nickname: Apollo
Ability: Guts

Species:
Galvantula
Nickname: Glace
Ability: Compound Eyes

Species:
Golisopod
Nickname: Neptune
Ability: Emergency Exit

Relationships:

• Ry: Traveled with him in the Kanto Region.
  • Levi: Traveled with him on many occasions and lost to him in the semi-finals of the Indigo Plateau.
  • (Former) Gym Leader Burgh: Casys's Uncle
  • Gym Leader Misty: Casys's on again-off again girl friend.
  • Gym Leader Cheren: Casys's mentor
  • Other Gym Leaders: Casys meets with them once a month to discuss various things related to Unova.
Skills:

• Diplomacy: Casys's time as a Gym Leader had trained him in the art of Diplomacy. He is very good at diffusing situations with his words, and his polite attitude feeds this skill.
  • Bug Bond: Similar to Ry's Quick Link but only with Bug Type Pokémon.
  • Money: Being a Gym Leader has it's perks.

Last edited:
Name: Eric Blaze
Appearance: Red hair, green eyes, green jacket and hat, purple shirt, leaf pendant, navy blue jeans, light blue shoes
upload_2017-8-25_20-13-35.png
Personality: Loves Pokemon and travelling, enjoys meeting new people and Pokemon, hates people who abuse Pokemon or mistreat them. Enjoys battling so much he'll forget time itself or how his Pokemon are feeling, he doesn't sleep that much which leads to him sometimes travelling at night or sleeping during the day, he also loves to eat.
Backstory: At the age of 12, Eric watched the first Alola League and was amazed by all of the battling and Pokemon, inspiring him to do his own journey in Alola with his Partner Pokemon Rockruff, however after losing his first Trial Eric was told to go do some training elsewhere in other regions before taking on the Island Challenge Trial of Alola. Eric decided to stay in his hometown of Hau'oli City for some time while he thought of where to travel. While deciding on where to travel Eric battled any trainers he found in Hau'oli City and the surrounding area and after enough battles his Rockruff evolved into Lycanroc Midday Form and after so long of waiting Eric decided to travel to the Unova Region.
Pokemon:
Species: Lycanroc (Midday)
Name: Dawn
Ability: Keen Eye

Name: Levi Crowell
Height: 6’2
Physical Appearance: Short spiky dark brown hair the falls to the left with a streak of white in his bangs due to a birthmark, emerald green eyes, sun kissed skin, athletic toned build, several scars on his upper torso from rigorous training.
Clothing: He keeps to his own character so his outfit hasn't changed much over the years. He wears a black opened jacket with a white undershirt, dark blue fitted jeans, and black shoes white white trim. He also has a black leather necklace with a key stone surrounded by silver hanging off the end of it.
Personality: Relaxed and friendly nature. He gives off an experienced and real vue as he talk, and due to spending his life dedicated to training and researching pokemon, he can easily form strong bonds with them at a moment's notice. The perfect mix of kind and gentle, yet stern and disciplined. Although when in party or festive environment he becomes the complete opposite.

Skills:
  • Fast Link: Similar to Ry’s Quick bond, Levi can connect with Pokemon much faster than most by having a very sympathetic and understanding personality. Pokemon tend to get attached to him because of his protective nature. He always find people far more complicated than pokemon.
  • Medic: Skilled in treating pokemon and people alike due to years of research with Professor Oak. Often has basic medical supplies on him at all times.
  • Basic Breeding: Taught himself about breeding while working with Mr.Fuji. Knows to to care for eggs and has hatched a few himself.
  • Trainer Skill: Levi seems to have an ability almost like Pain Split. Levi can feel his pokemon’s pain during battle and they become empowered by his strong will in times of need.
  • Battle Breakdown: Levi’s analytical personality breakdown his current battle situation and form a strategy at a moment’s notice, surprising his opponent’s with abrupt and swift battle tactics.
Strengths: Levi is good at staying calm in dire situations which gives him the ability to break down the situation and decide a good course of action. Levi has a strong sense of empathy which allow him to quickly understand and care for people and pokemon, this helps him excel as a trainer and person.
Weaknesses: Levi is a bit cocky and often gets to relaxed when he’s winning a battle, this makes him distracted and can lead to a loss. He also suffers from a short attention span. If he’s not interested in something he will easily get lost in his own thoughts.
Motive: Levi has one goal, to be the best at everything he tries. Due to battling Champion Steven at a young age and losing quickly, he has a deep desire to become as powerful as he possibly can. This gives him an extremely strong will and dedication towards battling and defeating powerful trainers. Becoming the champion of Kanto alongside Darrius only willed him on even more.

Relationships:
  • Arthur Crowel: Levi’s father and a decent trainer himself. They were never very close but Levi is very respectful and thankful towards his father who is proud of what Levi has become.
  • Professor Oak: Levi worked with the Professor from a young age, studying pokemon and traveling the region on assignments.
  • Brock: First gym leader Levi ever challenged (He lost badly). Brock saw potential in the boy and trained with Levi as his pupil for well over a year.
  • Champion Steven: Levi has challenged Steven twice, the first time at 15 leading to a quick loss on Levi’s part. The second time he challenged Steven it was just before leaving for Unova, this battle resulted in a tie.
  • Mr. Stone: Levi retrieved stolen goods for him before challenging his son to a battle. Mr. Stone also gifted Levi a Keystone as a ‘consolation prize’ a while after the fight.
  • Mr. Fuji: Levi stayed with Mr. Fuji for a short while learning about pokemon breeding, quickly gaining a bond to Mr. Fuji, and the pokemon.
  • Darrius: Rival and comrade while traveling through the kanto region. Battled and tied with Levi during the finals and became co-champions of Kanto.
  • Ry: Rival and comrade he traveled through Kanto with. Seen him a few times since then.
  • Aaron: Friend and rival from Kanto.
  • Robby: Friend and rival from Kanto.
  • Landon: Friend and rival from Kanto.
  • Brief: Friend and rival from Kanto.
  • Casys: Close friend and rival. Traveled with him several times in the past.
Backstory: Levi was born in Cinnabar Island, Kanto but moved to Pallet town at the age of 10 to be mentored by Professor Oak and study pokemon evolution. He obtained his starter, squirtle, from Oak as they had formed a close bond while in the lab together. While working with Oak he traveled from town to town collecting data as needed. After a year he was finally given a bigger assignment, to travel through Hoenn and study the unique evolutionary traits of the Nincada line in its natural habitat. He spent over a year in Hoenn collecting data and challenging gyms as he went. Near the end of his journey Levi came encounter with Mr. Stone who had an important package stolen by a powerful group of powerful thieves. He was able to defeat the criminals in a 3 on 1 battle and retrieve the package. Mr. Stone was thankful and very impressed with Levi’s skill and offered Levi any favor. Levi requested a battle with Mr. Stone’s son, Steven, the champion of Hoenn, which Mr. Stone agreed to. Levi lost his battle to Steven quickly, devastating the boy but also making him more determined than ever. After obtaining the information he needed,Levi returned home to Kanto and decided to take the pokemon league challenge. He traveled with several friends defeating gyms and gaining power. He often stopped at Mr.Fuji’s often because of their similar interest in pokemon, and once Fuji trusted Levi enough, he gifted him the blastonite. Awhile after that just before his 8th gym match, he received a package from Mr. Stone containing a Keystone as a consolation prize and a thank you from helping him, which finally enabled him to mega evolve. At the Kanto league Levi tied in for first place against his close friend, Darrius. After deciding to continue his journey he left his position as co-champion behind and trained at Mt. Silver for several months. Once he was satisfied with his strength he left Mt. Silver and continued to Johto where he ranked 3rd in the league and won a gruelling battle against Koga of the elite 4. He realized he would need further power to take on anymore leagues so traveled further out to Sinnoh planning to take on the league, but after hearing all his friends traveled to a region he wasnt familiar with (Unova), he decided to put his current travels on hold and rejoin his old friends. Just before leaving he encountered Steven once again, challenging him and managing a tie this time.

Pokemon:
Starter: Blastoise → Mega Blastoise
Nickname: Cronus
Personality: Grumpy but loving and high spirited in battle. Picked up traits similar to Levi. Becomes harsher and cruel while mega evolved.

2nd: Flygon
Nickname: Knox
Personality: Happy and confident, Knox is frinedly with basically anyone human or pokemon, but when Knox is close to losing he often becomes enraged and seems to catch a second wind, although he doesnt listen well like this.

3rd: Houndour
Nickname: Vulcan
Personality: Like the young pup she is, Vulcan is very curious and excitable. Being the newest member of Levi’s team Vulcan isnt yet confident around the other more experienced pokemon. Scared of any and all Ninjask.

While TMs don't exist, Pokemon can naturally learn TM moves. Remember this isn't the games.

Also as a note, there isn't a four move limit to moves. Mainly because that seems unreasonable and unlogical.

Nice question. With the permitted TM moves, many will assume that every tm can be thought to there Pokémon without looking on the movepools. This will lead to being a pseudo-godmod. Why dont you try having limits on how many TM moves they can learn? But Ill leave it to you guys, I'm only noob here so its your call.

Name: Aaron Stone

Height: 5’9”

Physical Appearance: Aaron is a boy with average height and lean build. He has blue spiky hair of medium length. His skin is pale in appearance and has slight traces of tan. His lower-arms have a decent amount of tan as well. He has a semi-muscular build and is a bit underweight, for his height. He has mole below his left ear, which is also his birthmark. His eyes are hazel, with a hint of turquoise.

Clothing: Aaron usually prefers white T-shirts along with brown camping pants. He also wears black gloves to avoid getting his hands murky and black cargo shoes, which he finds very comfortable. He has a red all-purpose bag pack, gifted by his mother. He prefers to keep it on him, whenever he is on the road. He also keeps a set of headphones around his neck, listening to which sometimes helps him relax.

Personality: Aaron is a highly intelligent and capable individual. He has a scientific and experimenting mind. He appears quite laid back and oblivious at times, but that just because he always get bored. He like solving complex problems and gets a kick from it. He can analyse heated situations aptly and come up with a solution almost immediately. He is also a bit of a bookworm. He usually resorts to physical activities or music to relax his mind. He is fiercely loyal and obedient to a fault towards his friends, which he has very few of. He is a middling when it comes to social mingling, neither too introvert or extrovert. Over the years of travelling, he has learnt to be cautious while trusting anyone new.

Skills:
Navigator: From his childhood, Aaron had a knack for exploring high places, trekking and navigating. He has encompassed almost every region of the Kalos region, and has never been lost in the wild. He is also an able map reader, and can decipher right directions within minutes.

Mathematician: Aaron is an excellent mathematician, specializing in probability and variance. He has found a unique way to merge this with his battling style to predict and counter future moves from opponents. This has been one of the main factors contributing to his success on the battlegrounds.

Skateboarding and Bike riding: From his childhood, Aaron has preferred riding stuff over walking since young age. He started out on his exploring trips on a skateboard or his bike, claiming it would help him move faster.

Intuition: Having being involved in numerous trainer and wild battles, Aaron has developed a keen intuition. Combined with his battling skills and experience, this gives him an additional advantage over his foes.

Strengths: Being a very sore loser, He refuses to give up until there is a shred of hope. He has very sharp observation skills and this combined with his calculating mind make a steel trap, which is impossible to outfox. His nature around his close friends is warm, gentle and encouraging as his history shows. He is also very good with maps and navigating.

Weaknesses: Aaron gets bored of things very quickly, hence he tries to end everything prematurely. The only area, where he can focus without frustration is in a Pokémon battle

Goal: He wants to win as many badges as possible and become a Pokémon master.

Backstory:

Aaron was born and raised in Lumiose city in Kalos. Aaron’s father Richard was a pokémart employee and their family ran a day care as well. He grew up between Pokémon and grew familiar with different natures and abilities of different Pokémon. He liked to visit the local Pokémon centre countless times, yet each time he felt like he was in a new place. People passed through here on their quest to complete the Kalos gym challenge and he tried to interact with as many people as possible. Picking up their tales of travel, adventures and incidents increased his fascination to explore the world by himself and this would be his inspiration to explore new places and meet new Pokémon. And people would often showcase very interesting battles behind the Pokémon centre.

He would accompany his father as often as possible when he went to do supply runs. On one such supply run to a remote village, Aaron decided to explore a bit and encountered some similar aged kids, pelting a helpless Gible on the account that it was ‘too weak’. He tried to interfere and ended up getting beat up pretty bad and unconscious. His father found him hours later in that state. He and the Pokémon were taken to the nearest Pokémon centre and nursed back to health. The wild Gible chose to stay with Aaron and became his first Pokémon, Roxy. For two years, Aaron trained to undertake the Kalos gym challenge and finally on his 11th birthday embarked on his quest.

He successfully managed to obtain all eight badges, befriending many new pokémons and people on his way to the Kalos league. He competed in the Kalos league and managed to reach the quarter finals, but was eventually defeated by Brandon, a close childhood friend of his. He had been the only challenger to reach the quarter finals, without any mega evolving Pokémon that year. After the defeat, Aaron trained and explored new areas for almost a year, living away from civilization for months sometimes.

Pokemon:

Name: Marshall

Species: Greninja

Personality: Marshall was Aaron’s starter Pokemon given to him by Professor Sycamore. Marshall is almost a mini-me of its trainer, as he likes lay off and relax when it becomes bored. He only shows a major degree of concentration on the battlefield and sometimes during training.

Name: Roxy

Species: Garchomp

Ability: Sand Veil

Personality: Being Aaron’s first Pokémon, Roxy is very possessive of her trainer. She is very stubborn and can be a bit to handle. However, when she gets on the battle ground, she becomes aloof of anything else.

Name: Apollo

Species: Charizard

Ability: Blaze

Personality: Aaron got Apollo in a trade during his quest to conquer the eight Kalos gyms. However, he and Aaron bonded very fast and both trust each other. Despite its size, Apollo is very gentle and polite and is sometimes bullied by Aaron’s other Pokémon.

Name: Brief Starr
Height: 6’0”
Physical Appearance: Brief is a tall slightly built guy he has short black hair. His skin is a tan color he has a well toned body from from his training. On the left side of his face there is a little scar above his eye. His eyes are lime green.
Clothing: He wears a black scarf, a gray tight fitting long sleeve shirt, black climbing gloves, brown cargo pants, black and white running shoes with a pokeball logo on them. He has a travel backpack where he keeps his mining equipment in.
Personality: Brief isn’t the one to put in a lot of energy into something that doesn’t interest him. He oftens has a tired appearance but he is actually full of energy. Enjoys helping out beginning trainers as well as people and pokemon that are in need of help. He likes to spend most of his time hunting rare items. Thanks to his training from the Sinnoh gym leader Byron he is an experience miner and knows a lot about fossils.
  • Skills:
  • Miner: From being trained by Byron he taught Brief a great many things about mining teaching him how to find the perfect spot to starting mining from. Along with checking the environment to see what stones would most likely to be mined from the area.
  • Paleontologist: Byron pounded all his knowledge of fossils into Brief while Brief was training under him. Brief as great understanding of fossils and can easily identify them just but looking at a small piece of it.
  • Iron Will: Brief will never give in he will fight to the bitter end to protect something that is important to he or his friends. Even if he is badly injured he will stand up to take more abuse his master often tells him he has an unbreakable iron will.
  • Rock Climber: After visiting Kalos he became quick friends with Grant who is the Cyllage City gym leader he is the one who got Brief into rock climbing.
Strengths: He is very loyal and will protect his friends and pokemon will everything he got. He has quite a good potential for battling.
Weaknesses: He oftens falls asleeps if he finds somewhere quiet, often not realizing what's going on, outside of Pokemon Battles. He’s not hot headed and acts more on what he knows. This easily leads he into over thinking simple things.
Goal: He wants to investigate Team Relic motives for being in the Unova.
  • Relationships:
  • Byron: He is the Canalave City gym leader and is Brief’s master who taught him everything knew. He trained with Brief for two years after Brief lost to him the first time Brief challenged his gym.
  • Professor Juniper: She is the one who give Brief his first pokemon he first started his journey. They do not talk often only when Brief is sending her a pokemon or getting a pokemon from her.
  • Grant: Cyllage City gym leader and a good friend of Brief.
  • Buck: A friend of Brief they met when they both was after the same treasure. Buck oftens informs Brief of any rumors about any rare treasure he thinks Brief would like to know about which leads Brief on some wild goose chases.
  • Ry Burst: One of Brief’s friends and traveling companions. The two traveled the Kanto region together, and are also rivals Ry’s Infernape and Brief’s Druddigon share a heated rivalry.
  • Landon: They traveled Kanto together.
  • Robby: Brief has traveled the Kanto Region with Robby. Also helped Brief take down the evil trainer Moar they are great friends.
  • Levi: Traveled the Kanto Region together.
Backstory
He started his journey at the age of 14 after losing in top 12 of the Unova League he set out to because stronger. The first region he set out for Sinnoh he hear there was strong trainers there after losing to Roark on his first try he began to have a huge interest in mining he asked Roark who taught him he said his father Byron. Later on in his journey he finally met Byron he begged the gym leader to train him which the leader full heartedly accepted him. For two years he trained under his Master Byron taught Brief everything he knew about stones and fossils he also sent him to help his son mine Byron also instructed Brief to train his pokemon on Iron Island after these two years Brief dream of becoming champion changed he wanted to find all the treasures that the world had to offer.

I don't even know what happened with my pokemon list.

(Melody)
Minun
ABILITY: Volt Absorb​
SPECIAL FEATURES: Slightly lighter blue than normal (Glows at night)
PERSONALITY: Cheerful like others of her kind but quick to get upset when her voice is not hear and lets you know by shocking you.

(Drago)
Druddigon
ABILITY: Sheer Force
SPECIAL FEATURES: Body covered in battle scars
PERSONALITY: Tough, Headstrong, Strong willed

(Heavy)
Steelix
ABILITY: Rock Head
SPECIAL FEATURES: Slightly bigger than usual, Cracks around his right eye
PERSONALITY: Calm, Battle Ready, Loyal

@Zander1998, and @BriefStar, accepted.

As for the TM, I use common sense, as in they learn moves through situation, instead of simply level on the topic of TMs. While there isn't a limit to TMs, it is recommended by me, that you use caution and common sense. As in not giving your Pokemon a bunch of TM moves to create a well carried moveset. We will use movepools from the actual games, but adding in the egg and TM moves that they can learn.

Also as a note, I will only be accepting one more person, as we can't have more than 11 in the chat. @Psycho Monkey, let me know if you are still interested, and I can add you to the chat, ASAP and complete our roster.

Name: Allison Ayers

Appearance: Allison has long, straight, platinum blonde and big blue eyes. She wears a black, midriff top with a pokeball on it, wit a black long sleeve underneath. She wears a dark pink skirt and long black socks as well as black leather boots. She has pale skin and is short for her age. She wears her hair in two loose plaits and also wears a black choker. http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...g?ig_cache_key=MTAyNzI4MjIyMjYzMzIyOTk1Mg==.2
(Look at the picture in the link for a casual idea of what I look like)

Personality: Ali is a very friendly person, she's outgoing and kind but can get on your nerves very easily. She talks... Alot. She can be very stubborn when she wants to and occasionally just downright mean. But she has a kind heart.

Pokemon (So far):

Chatot (Clivis)
Vivillion (Symphony)
Eevee (Aria)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
PrimrosePearl can have my spot. I noticed you guys are posting pretty quickly in the main topic and I'd hate for the geologic pace I post to hold you back.

And so the Champion fought his battle's in joy. The matches raged on, his partner unleashing powerful attacks. The young boy only spoke at the end of the battle, signalling his victory. His powerful words still echo in his opponents ears. "I like turtles...."