• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Welcome to Malo

Info:
Welcome to Malo, a region of mystery's. Malo is known for it sights, it might be a small region but its quite popular for tourist.
Plot:

You've just arrived in Malo, you set off for the closest town, Arise town. Venturing through the forest it took about half the day but you made it. As you enter the town you look around, seeing many houses, a pokémon center and in the middle of this large town was a large building. This is the flying gym here in Malo and the first of 8, you turn and see a stage light up by fairy lights and you see someone dancing around as there pokémon dances with them using their moves to make it a show. Here in Malo you can choose one of two paths that of a pokémon league champion or that of a pokémon performer, which will you choose?
Towns/Cities/Villages:

Arise Town: Home of the Sky Gym (Feather Badge) (Flying Type)
Pinfire City: Home of the Fairy Gym (Crystal Badge) (Fairy Type)
Hailstone City: Home of the Ice Gym (Frozen Badge) (Ice Type)
Quake Town: Home of the Ground Gym (Quake Badge) (Ground Type)
Forgotten Village: Home of the Ghost Gym (Wisp Badge) (Ghost Type)
Volt Village: Home of the Electric Gym (Voltage Badge) (Electric Type)
Tarragon Village: Home of the Dragon Gym (Hydra Badge) (Dragon Type)
Sun-Stone City: Home of the Triad Gym (Master Badge) (Fire,Water, and Grass Type)
Gym Leaders:

Sky Gym: Carly Skyfall (@Quill_The_Staraptor)
Fairy Gym: Open
Ice Gym: Open
Ground Gym: Open
Ghost Gym: Angelica (@Crims0n)
Electric Gym: Open
Dragon Gym: Open
Triad Gym: Open, Open, Open (Fire, Water, And Grass)

Rules:
  • The main Pokecharms rules apply here.
  • You can have up to two shiny pokémon per trainer.
  • Fan-made pokémon are allowed, only if given enough details.
  • No major drama or I will kick you out.
  • Gym leaders must be on at-least once a week, unless a reason is given.
  • One mega per trainer.
Notes:
If you have any suggestions on town,city, or village names that would be great I'm terrible at names...
Also if you think I need more information on anything please say!
All gym leader position's are open, so if you want to be a gym leader please feel free to put up a form for one!
Forms:

Trainers:
Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Other:
Gym: (If your going to be a gym leader)

Pokemon:
Species:
Nickname: (Optional)
My Forms:

Name: Spade Fox
Personality: Spade is harsh and cold, she doesn't let anyone see her emotions. She does have a soft side and will let it show some times.
Appearance: Spade has black and white hair split down the middle, the left side of her hair is black and the right is white, tied into a high ponytail. Her violet eyes stand out from her pale skin color. Wearing a black short-sleeved shirt, and a black leather jacket. Finishing off the look with jean shorts and black sneakers.
Other: N/A

Species: Staraptor (Shiny)
Nickname: N/A
Moves: Brave Bird, Close Combat, Wing Attack, Roost

Species: Shinx
Moves: Spark, Charge, Thunder Fang, Leer

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Trainers:
Name: Greyson Hughes
Personality: Caring, Friendly, Adventurous, Sensitive, Judgemental
Appearance: Red-White Hoodie, Brown-Amber Eyes, Black Glasses, Brown Spiked Hair, Peachy Skin, Black Joggers, Red Sneakers, Messenger Bag, Fairly Fit, Decent Looking
Other: Has a full entourage of Carios Pokemon back at his laboratory, but decided to start anew

Pokemon: (Two shiny pokémon per person)
Species: Deino
Nickname: (Optional) Cerberus
Moves: Dragon Rage, Tackle, Focus Energy, Fire Fang

Species: Pikipek
NIckname (Optional) Zephyr
Moves: Boomburst, Peck, Growl

Well, before I sign up here, I would just like to ask a significant question before doing so.

So, the question is: Am I allowed to use my fan made Pokémon for the roleplay?

I am asking this because I would like to use one of my starters for the roleplay. I am also asking because there are no rules in this discussion thread mentioning anything about the usage of one's own fan made Pokémon. (All information including the appearance will be provided using pristine wording and detailings since I have heard that artwork can be a bit frowned upon and drawing is one of my biggest weaknesses I have yet to conquer.)

Now, keep in mind that he is going to have a lot more information and such since he is my Fakemon after all. (If I am approved, I will try to post the character bios as soon as possible since I am having finals to deal with.)

Well, alright thank you. That will be easy to abide by since I have plenty of description on my fan made Pokémon. (I will post the characters' information a bit later today since I am going to take my AP final soon.)

Name: Shane
Appearance: Height: 5'10" Black spiky hair, black jacket, white t-shirts, Black jeans, Red sneakers, dark brown eyes, Necklace with crescent moon on the end, a blue earing, slightly tanned.
Personality: Quite, cold-hearted, adventurous, smart, optimistic and loyal.

Species: Greninja
Nickname: (Optional) N/A
Moves: Water shuriken, ice punch, dark pulse, mat block (basically protect)

Species: Fletchling
Nickname (Optional) N/A
Moves: Flame charge, peck, roost, quick attack

Last edited:
Thats only if you want to! and in any case heres my gym leader.

Name: Carly skyfall
Personality: Carly is kind, but shy. When in battle she lets her shyness go and becomes a whole other person.
Appearance: Carly is quite small, her brown hair clashes with her hazel eyes, she wears a white top with a plaid over shirt with jeans to top it off while she walk around barefoot.
Other: Her gym is a doubles battle
Gym: Sky Gym

Species: Fletchinder
Moves: Flamethrower, Flamecharge, Steel Wing, Double Team

Species: Butterfee
Moves: Sleep Powder, Air Slash, Protect, Attract

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Ghost Gym Sign Up
Name: Angelica
Appearance: Long Brunette Hair in Braids, Small and Short, Pale Skin, Blue Eyes, Wears a Purple-Blackish hood (like Little Red Riding Hood), White High-Knee Socks, Black High Heels
Persona: Shy, Quiet, Loves Nature, Seems Gloomy due to her way of talking but actually really Joyful
Pokemon:
Trevenant (Main) - Shadow Claw, Horn Leech, Ingrain, Feint Attack
Froslass - Hail, Ominous Wind, Ice Beam, Draining Kiss
Mimikyu - Wood Hammer, Shadow Sneak, Mimic, Dazzling Gleam

Name: Ren
Personality: Ren often acts childish out of battles. He's seen to be aloof and an airhead. However, he's a generally happy-go-lucky guy. He loves to tease his friends and spending time with his Pokemon. However, in battle, he's more serious. Ren loves to add challenges to his gym, going so far as to implement an ice field with effects. He doesn't get too serious in gym battles, however. Ren is fully aware that the gym badges are a mark of progress.
Appearance: His most prominent features are his red eyes and long hair. He only ties his hair up into a ponytail when battling. Ren's choice of attire makes him seem more suited for a Dark/Ghost type gym leader.
Gym: Ice-type gym.
"The field covered with ice!"

Pokemon:

Aurorus [Holding Icy Rock]
Snow Warning
Light Screen, Stealth Rock, Frost Breath, Nature Power

Jynx[Holding Bright Powder]
Dry Skin
Signal Beam, Energy Ball, Psyshock, Frost Breath

Glaceon[Holding Leftovers]
Ice Body
Mirror Coat, Wish, Signal Beam, Frost Breath

Froslass[Holding Bright Powder]
Snow Cloak
Frost Breath, Double Team, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray

@RedLikeRoses if you're signing up to be gym leader #3, your team has to be much weaker first of all and gym leaders' Pokémon do not have held items on them
There isn't much Ice type pokemon that can hold its own ground at the low levels, nor can I think of any fairy type pokemon(Pre-evolution anyway) that can even hold a proper fight and good to be in a Pokemon team. That's the only weakness of this Gym set up.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
There isn't much Ice type pokemon that can hold its own ground at the low levels, nor can I think of any fairy type pokemon(Pre-evolution anyway) that can even hold a proper fight and good to be in a Pokemon team. That's the only weakness of this Gym set up.
Well the thing is mate, your the THIRD GYM LEADER, which means that you have 2-3 Pokémon maximum and 1 fully evolved Pokemon as your ace. As well as taking off those hold items, because gyms don't have gold items. By the way, there's plenty of ice type Pokemon that can hold on its own in its early stages

Yeah, the order of the gym is a little odd.

because gyms don't have gold items

Bugsy, gym leader of Azalea Gym, has a held item on Scyther. Albeit he only chooses one pokemon to hold an item. Koga's Muk also has a black sludge on him. Even Blaine's Macargo and Magmar holds a white herb. In any case, I'll remove most of the items and leave one then, or I could leave it there and only use them if the players so choose to have a rematch battle.

there's plenty of ice type Pokemon that can hold on its own in its early stages

Actually, I'm going to use the main games as an example. The Ice Type Specialty trainers don't appear until mid-game, for good reason as well. The only Gym Leader I can think of that specializes in ice and appears early-game is Pryce. Other than that, the specialized ice type trainers are often seen late to mid-game. Take Wulfric for example.

Ice types also generally have very weak defense stats, and they're very weak towards very common Pokemon types. I'm not saying that there are no pre-evolved forms of Ice types are bad, but can be sweeped very easily. Despite the main game's nature of Grind until you're a high enough level to sweep the gym, or you could use type advantage to sweep the gym too, it gets boring, and I thought it would be a good chance to add challenge to the Gyms.

Though my point still stands for Fairy, I feel that it should be mid/late-game.