• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Welcome to Kanto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
"No, it's a Treecko, I'm from Hoenn. My name is Jace and I'm going to challenge the gym leader. Great job out there, I just moved here, so I've never seen that grass type of yours. What is it?"

As it turned out, Ekans was incredibly easy to train, at least compared to Houndour. It took orders without question, and was always focused and calculated in battle; its eyes never once left it’s target. It managed to take down two Rattata and a Mankey in almost no time. Yania was sure to have Houndour watch while she trained Ekans, but it payed almost no attention and preferred to wander off on its own. She did her best to train Houndour as well, but found little luck. It attacked on its own accord, and payed no mind to any of her commands. “You won’t be able to bite the gym leaders Pokémon, you know.” She warned it. Houndour gave her an irritated look.

Finally, she felt ready. Yania made her way back to Pewter City, and mulled over some possible strategies. She resolved to just wing it, she had good Pokémon. Well, one good Pokémon, at least.

Alana used her free time to have a quick video chat with her brother, who was on vacation in Alola.
After that she figured she would try catching a new pokemon. heading into route 3 she caught a Sandshrew. It didnt require much fighting as it was quite a friendly pokemon and quickly agreed to coming along with her. She hurried back to Pewter city, waving at the other trainers.'' Guys!! I managed to catch a new pokemon!'' Alana shouthed excitedly

(OOC: hope you don’t mind, Elsfi. I also plan to have a relative in Alola :p. Not trying to copy or anything- this is just a coincidence. they’ll be introduced later)
—————-

Yania healed her Pokémon one last time, did her best to clear her mind, and entered the Pewter Gym. Inside, two trainers were already there, chatting with one another. One trainer she recognized as Jackson from earlier that day, and another boy who she had never seen. Yania quietly approached them.

“Sorry to bother you both, but are either of you going to challenge the gym leader? I don’t want to cut in front of you.”

The new trainer introduced himself as Jace. “Nice to meet you. “ She smiled. “I’m Yania. And thanks for letting me go first, hopefully it will be a quick match.” Yania nodded to Jace and Jackson and entered the room where the Gym Leader, Brock, was waiting.

“Another trainer!” Brock greeted her. “You’re part of the group that just arrived in Pewter, right? They’ve all been challenging opponents so far. Let’s see how you measure up.” Yania took her place at one end of the rocky field, and both trainers sent out their first Pokémon: Geodude and Ekans.

“You won’t be disappointed.” She replied.

Name: Mia
Appearance: Short brown, curled hair, wears pastel skirt with white long-sleeve, Mia is Calm, and shy but, is a strong trainer and likes reading about the Pokemon past.

Mia woke up excited. She got out of her bed and changed clothes. She went down stairs and said bye to her mom. "Bye, mother I will miss you!" She smiled and gave a hug. Her mother also gave her another gift. It was an Eevee. "You'll use that for protection when you go in the woods." Mia thanked her mom. Mia opened the door and waved bye to her mom as she closed the door then started going to Pewter City without needing her starter Pokemon anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC: oh i dont mind at all hahaha, i probably wouldnt have noticed if you didnt point it out hehe)

She caught up with Jace and Jackson.'' Did Yania go to challenge the gym leader? i hope she does well!'' Alana smiled and turned to Jace.'' We were never properly introduced! im Alana, nice to meet ya!'' she flashed him a smile

Mia started walking in the woods she saw a Pokemon. It had wings, it was brown, red, and black. It was a spearow. She called out Eevee. "Eevee, come on out!" Eevee came out of the ball. They started battling. "Eevee, use tackle!" It used tackle but, spearow dodged it. "Great, this will take me a long time.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
She rubbed her arm and walked up to Yania. " S-So! These are the new arrivals? " she asked, looking at them with only a few questions in her mind.

"Eevee use baby doll eyes!" The move made spearow fall in love with Eevee. "Good job, Eevee!" "Eevee!" Spearow snapped out and used tackle on Eevee. "Eevee tackle it back!" Eevee didn't use the move tackle. It's tail started glowing like stars in the sky. Suddenly stars came out off its tail. Eevee learned the move Swift. "Eevee! Congrats with a new move, awesome! Eevee used swift and Spearow was almost out of health. Mia threw the Pokeball. But, it hit something else.

“Acid!” Ekans was the first to move, dousing Geodude in a corrosive liquid.

“Tackle it!” Brock commanded. Ekans was knocked back forcefully by the blow, but reared itself up again as soon as the dust cleared.

“Use Wrap!” Called Yania, “Bind it’s arms!” The serpant Pokémon wasted no time constricting itself around the opponent Pokémon. “Follow up with Acid!” The attack was not very effective, but Geodude had begun to wear down. Unable to free itself from Ekans’ tight bind, it collapsed, fainted. Brock returned his first Pokémon. Now the real challenge would begin, Yania thought. She hadn’t really planned any strategies ahead for battling Onix, so she would have to think quickly.

Mia closed her eyes for a minute. She opened her eyes and the spearow flew away. She picked up her pokeball. She opened it up. The ball fell to the floor and blue light came out. The Pokemon was shaped like a star and had a shiny gem. She figured it out. "I caught a staryu!" Mia was happy and jumped a lot. "Thank you Eevee!" She gave Eevee a hug. They walked to the nearest Pokemon Center so they could rest for the night.

Onix was much larger and much faster than Ekans. One Leer attack was all Yania was able to land before Ekans took a hit from Onix’s powerful tail to knock it out. Yania’s heart dropped. Now, she had no choice but to send out Houndour. It was a complete gamble whether or not she would win with Houndour’s disobedient streak. The doglike Pokémon appeared on the field, and growled at Onix.

“Houndour, I need you to-!” As usual, it ignored her and bounded forward. Onix swung its heavy body this way and that. Houndour was just fast enough to dodge. The fire clamped down on Onix’s tail

“Shake it off!” Onix shook and freed itself from Houndour’s Bite. Yania’s Pokémon looked dizzy, shaking it’s head. Yania searched for an on the fly strategy, she brought herself back to Noah’s battle. That could work, she thought, but it wouldn’t matter if Houndour didn’t listen...

(OOC: I might be a bit less active for a while. I’ll try to respond as much as I can)
————————

Houndour was shaken from being thrown, but it was more frustrated than anything. It barked out a cry, but seemed unsure of itself. Yania looked at her Pokémon, and for the first time, it looked back. It’s expression was a mix between uncertainty and a sort of acceptance. It took Yania a moment to realize- Houndour was giving her a chance to command it. Perhaps this battle had been the reality check it needed. She remembered then, how Noah had struck where Onix was weakest.

“The space between Onix’s rocks,” she told Houndour. “That’s where we need to strike, the outer shell is weaker there.” Onix was rearing up to slam Houndour again. The fire type leaped forward from rock to rock around the opponent, clearly looking for an opening. Finally, it jumped to Onix’s neck, flames bursting from its mouth, and made contact. Ekans’ Leer attack had been critical, as Houndour’s new Fire Fang was just enough to bring Onix down.

Yania beamed at Houndour after accepting her Boulder badge. “Thank you.”

"Oh, I have already beat the gym leader, but good luck." Jackson said. Jackson than ran out to get his Pokemon healed up. As he was walking past the gym, he saw a Nidoran (Male) sitting there all alone. "Hey little Nidoran, are you all right?" Nidoran smiled, got up, and jumped on Jackson. "Okay then, I'll keep you." He then grabbed his Pokedex, and scanned it. "Level 10. Moves are Double kick, Leer, Poison Sting, and Growl." Jackson then put in the leftover Pokeball, and went on with his day.

[ 30 Minutes Later ]

Jackson then walks out of Route 3, with a level 18 Ivysaur ( Newly evolved ), level 16 Pidgey, level 15 Rattata, and a level 15 Nidoran. "Well, Mt. Moon is close up, and I better get ready for it." Jackson said ready for anything. Once he got to the PokeCenter, he saw a shady man in the back shuffling a whole bunch of money. " Scammed another kid. Hah, they're all so stupid." He whispered quitely. Jackson then walked up to him questioning all the money. "What's with all those Pokedollars? Are you selling something?" "Well kid, you are on the right track, because yes I am! You can get this fresh, rare, amazing Magikarp for a small price of 500 Pokedollars!" After thinking for a while, Jackson nodded his head, and they traded the things in their hand. "Thanks man, I will take good care of it!" Jackson yelled. He then healed all his Pokemon, and ran out.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana was walking around Route 3, and followed Jackson, fighting a bunch of trainers. Just using her Charmander. Midway through a battle, her Charmander started glowing! She was staring at it, thinking it might have evolved? Thankfully, It did! It evolved into a Charmeleon and spat out a blue fire. Throughout the rest of the way, she ran to the pokemon center after Jackson and healed up.

{ 20 Minutes Later. }

She saw Jackson talking to a shady man for a while, and threw out her pokemon, waiting.
She was checking the stats of all of her pokemon. She had a Level 20 Charmeleon, 18 Clefairy, and a 17 Sandshrew. She looked at her phone and stared at the map. Apparently, mount moon was next. She put on her White, Big hat, and saw Jackson running off, she grabbed put her phone back in her backpack and chased after him.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(one hour later after his gym match)

Since Noah was the first one to finish his gym battle before anyone else could, he was already at cerulean waiting for his two rivals to catch up so he could battle them. "Just wait until they see you three in action." Noah said glancing at his team, a level 21 Wartortle (newly evolved), 17 Nidorino (newly evolved), and level 19 Mankey. Noah open up his phone to text the two that he's waiting by the entrance of cerulean city for them.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana looked at her phone while walking behind Jackson. She giggled and typed back. " Just wait till I get my new team member~ ". While traveling through, she grabbed a Rare candy and a few Tm's from the cave. Kana also found a moonstone, so she was very pleased. While walking through, She saw a Zubat flying around her, and she looked at its beautiful wings. She threw a Quickball at it and caught it with ease.

After defeating a team rocket grunt, Kana passed through the whole area to finally reach the outside. Her dress was somehow perfectly fine, as she continued to Cerulean city when she jumped down onto some grass. Kana saw a pond, and saw a Horsea jumping around in it! She got out her Good Rod and threw it out into the water. Luckily, the Horea got attached to the hook and started to battle her!

{ Around 5 minutes of spamming Pokeballs later }

The Horsea was finally caught, and she quickly sprinted into the pokemon center, missing Noah. She ran back outside, sitting on a bench, looking around for Noah afterwards.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Also, if we catch something like say.. a Gloom, Would we be able to evolve it into a Bellossom, cause its technically an evolution? )

I know that it's in Kanto but, I really just want a Kingdra and a Crobat. )

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(I'm pretty sure @SwordKeeper will allow it.)

As Noah waited for this rivals he decided to explore route 5 for a bit.
(20 min later)
Noah was exhausted as he finally caught a level 14 wild Abra and level 16 meowth, the meowth was the easy part but the abra was the most difficult because every time he was about to catch it, it teleported somewhere else making him run all over route 5 to catch it. Noah headed towards the Pokemon center for a quick heal then headed out to spot kana on a bench. "Sup kana, what took you guys so long? Are you ready for the battle."

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana looked at Noah, wiping the sweat off her head. " I'm equipped... But... Noah I believe is still behind, possibly training. " She looked at her 5 Pokeballs, wondering if she could even beat him. " W-Well then! " She got up and stared at Noah. " I..I think I will win your challenge! "

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah threw out a pokeball releasing Mankey. "If It's bothering you so much how about we just do a 3 vs 3 battle, first one to knockout all three Pokemon wins and also I don't plan on losing either so let's both do our best kana." Noah said with a confident smile.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
She looked at her team, wondering who would do best against a Mankey. She grabbed her Zubats ball and threw it out. Her Zubat flew around, surrounded the Mankey. " I-I... suppose we should start! " she said, looking at the smaller monkey.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah glance at the flying bat Pokemon.
"Good choice but there's more to battling then just typing, Mankey use focus energy and charge towards Zubat with a fury swipes." Mankey body was beginning to glow red as he was focusing his energy into his body then dash towards Zubat with glowing white claws.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
@Breon
( Sorry for such a late response. )

Kana looked at her Zubat, and looked at her possible moves on her Pokedex, trying to think of something that could give her more time for a strategy. " Zubat! Use... Super Sonic, And try to smack Mankey away with a Wing attack! " Kana said, as her Zubat started to Shout, and its wings started to glow. Kana looked at the rest of her team, thinking of a new plan.

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Mankey Dodge that's super sonic and then exchanged blows with Zubat." Mankey barely managed to dodge the supersonic and as the two Pokemon close in on each other, Zubat was first to land but Mankey followed up by slashing Zubat three times with the final hit being a critical.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
" Z-Zubat! " She screamed, worried about the poor thing. She sighed, and closed her eyes, and then opened them again to look at the Mankey. " Zubat! Use Super Sonic once again, Then use Wing Attack Again! " She said, as she looked at her Pokedex. She knew that Mankey had a lower defense than special, so it wasn't safe to use a regular move that was special over a Physical Supereffective attack. She watched as her Zubat started to scream again, with its Wings glowing.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Mankey was confused but for some reason he looks more angry than confused. "Mankey using counter the moment it hits you that way you'll be too close to each other to hit yourself." Mankey was wobbling around with a red aura and as Zubat hit him, Mankey punched it right in the head sending it straight to the ground.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
" W-Wha?!? " Kana said, looking at her Zubat, lying on the floor. She opened her bag, smiling, however. She had a huge grin, as she pulled out a repel and a potion, spraying her Zubat. " Now, You should've known to stack up on items. " Kana's Zubat flew up, and It looked just slightly more alive than earlier. " Alright Sweetie, Hit it again with a Wing attack! " This time, both of Zubat's Wings were a little brighter, as It charged at Large speed toward the Mankey again.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"you cheating little......Fine then I was going to save this for later as a surprise to Jackson but I'll show you this move I got from a mountain hiker, Mankey use rock slide." Noah said with a grin as rocks fell from out of nowhere on top of zubat.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
" W-Wha?!? " She yelled. She was surprised, as she didn't know Mankey could learn that. She flipped her hair and returning the Zubat. "It's fine. I don't need to use all my revives for a cheeky move anyway. " She commented. She thought of her next move. She sent out her Clefairy of course. Immediately, Kana said " Use Minimize! ( x 2 )"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah recalled Mankey so he did have a bit of time to rest for his next battle. "you did great Mankey, you deserve a good rest right now, okay then new rule no healing items when we fight each other you little cheat understood." He smiled as he sent out Nidorino. "Nidorino use poison spikes" The spikes on Nidorino back began to Glow purple as they dispersed around the entire field.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
" First of all, You never said we COULDN'T heal, so that's your fault. Second, Wow that's such an ORIGINAL tactic. " She remarked.
" Anyways. Clefairy, Use Minimize Once more, Then Finally Use Sing. " She Said. She knew this would result in a total of 3 Minimizes, and the Nidorino wouldn't be able to attack with such a Elegant move..

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Nidorino dodge that song and use.....Horn drill." Noah grinned as Nidorino horn was beginning to spin rapidly as he and Dodge song and dashed towards Clefairy but missed and slam into a rock destroying it. "Funny fact about horn drill does have a accuracy of 30 but it doesn't really care about a Pokemon's evasion so your minimize aren't going to work horn drill and sooner or later I'm going to hit you, Nidorino horn drill once more." Nidorino dashed once again towards Clefairy.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
" Clefairy, Use Defense Curl! " Kana said, As Clefairy started to surround itself. " Now Clefairy, Hide behind any Terrain! " She said, as Clefairy waddled behind a Boulder. She was sure her plan was going to work perfectly. Clefairy was Now jumping on the Boulder, As they discussed the plan together.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Nidorino destroy the Boulder Clefairy is on and then once she falls finish it." Nidorino broke through the boulder and made a quick u-turn back towards Clefairy with horn drill. "She's grow a bit and gained a bit of confidence in herself." Noah thought as he smiled.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
" Alright, Clefairy, Time for our Special Tm move! " She said, She smiled. Clefairy nodded, as its feet planted on the ground. " Now, Use Dig! " Kana said, as Clefairy was digging at lightning speed, traveling all the way across, slamming underneath Nidorino. Clefairy jumped from the ground, as she watched Nidorino fall from the sky.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah smirked as he saw that Clefairy hand had a purple puncture wound and then Clefairy screamed in agony as she was poisoned. "Nidorino now is your chance use one final horn drill and slam into Clefairy." Noah said as Nidorino slammed into Clefairy as he slam into the ground and a dust cloud appeared in the middle of the Clefairy and Nidorino.

Status
Not open for further replies.