• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Welcome to Kanto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She thought of another advice before looking at the male. "Mankey naturally become angry so the best way to control it is to calm it down first and not panic and then give it a praise for it, you have to learn to trust in your Pokemon and believe in yourself along with your partner and you will battle very well once you get to know your Pokemon much better"she finished as she felt Blue move slightly inside her hood.-

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah was a bit confused on why JC was giving him advice for Mankey. "Umm....I've already read Mankey pokedex entry and besides I think mankey was only glaring at houndour to make sure he don't run away again, like I told you he's really good at following orders but he take things a bit too serious, but don't worry when I get my gym badge I'm going to give them a big feast to celebrate."
Noah was then heading towards Pokemon center to get a room for tonight. "Hope you guys will be at my match tomorrow, I tend to give it my best no matter what, but before I forget could you tell me your names again."
Noah had then receive his room key from nurse Joy then turned around towards the girls behind him.

All she did was give a gentle smile before answering. "I'm JC and I have a partner but she won't be revealed until I battle with the gym leader here so you will see her tomorrow once I do my match"she said as she felt Blue again move a bit on her shoulder inside her hood remaining still again. "Good luck, I'll see you guys in the morning" she said going up to Nurse Joy grabbing her key before walking off first using her hand to wave goodbye for now as she headed to her room.

The next morning, Yania felt considerably more refreshed. After a restful night and a nice breakfast at the Pewter Pokemon center, she was ready to begin her training. Although the title of ’trainer’ was still foreign and unfitting to her, she couldn’t bring herself not to try. She needed this- right? At least, that’s what her family had told her.

Yania stopped by the Pokémart to stock up on supplies before heading east out of Pewter City to Route 3. If she wanted to catch a Pokémon, she would have to do it now. Noah’s gym battle would start soon, and it would be rude not to show up after being invited.

Alana had eaten breakffast at the pokemon center and was watching Noah warmig up for the pokemon battle. '' You know, im not from Kanto, my family moved here only recently. Im actually from Hoenn, so my goal is to become a top coordinator. '' she said, trying to start a conversation. ''What about you? Do you plan on challenging the champion? '' Alana questrioned

She had done training before hand causing her Piplup Ocean to evolve into Prinplup and Petal her Chicorita evolve into Bayleaf and just last night Blue her shiny Eevee evolves into Umbreon at the highest moon point. She was hidden inside her hood resting on her shoulders so she won't be seen as she headed Noah's battle.-

As Yania made her way through the tall grass of Route 3, she happened to cross paths with a wild Spearow, poking around in the grass. This, she decided, would be an easy first wild Pokémon for Houndour to train against.

“Alright,” she said, releasing the Pokémon. “let’s give this a try. You listen to what I say, and we can win this battle, OK?” Houndour huffed, still avoiding its trainers eyes. But it didn’t make an attempt to flee like yesterday. “Let’s try Ember!” She commanded. But Houndour was already launching itself at the Spearow, mouth open to clamp down on the wild Pokémon. Spearow noticed Houndour approaching, and flew into the air, screeching. It’s attack did nothing but make the wild Pokémon angry. It came down on the fire type’s back, clawing with sharp talons. Houndour tried without success to shake the Pokémon off, but Spearow was relentless.

“That’s enough!” Called Yania. Running over to swat the enraged Spearow away. The bird Pokémon glared at her, screeched, and then flew away. Yania groaned, “See what happens when you don’t listen?”

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah had just finished his final touches for today's match. "Pretty sure it's too early to think about that, first I'm going to have to enter the Pokemon league tournaments to have a chance to fight the champion."
Noah was then in front of the gym and before he walked in, he took a deep breath and enter to see a tall man in the middle with spiky Brown hair, long cargo pants, and no shirt.
"My name is Noah I come here from viridian and I'm here to challenge your gym."
After that said the gym leaders smiled and both threw their Pokemon inside the fighting arena, beginning his first gym battle.

Alana took her seat on the first row, putting her blonde and blue hair up in a little ponytail to get it out of her face, she didnt plan to miss a second of it. She had never actually seen a real life gym battle, only heard her brother boast about winning his.'' Good luck Noah'' she shouted a tiny encouragement at him, smiling excitedly. Her Vulpix sat by her side and licked its paw peacefully.

After the Spearow encounter, Yania just managed to make it to the Pewter City gym in time after healing Houndour. As she entered, it was clear the match had already begun, to her slight embarrassment. She was a bit late. Alana had taken a seat in the front row. Yania gave a little wave to the other trainer and took a seat in the same front row. Maybe she wasn’t too late, from the looks of things, the Gym leader had only just called out his first Pokémon.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Sorry I was so innactive! :(((( )
Kana walked into the gym and sat in a row that she saw 2 other trainers from before. She believed they were with noah? She sat down still, and just stared.

Alana smiled at the two girls and made space for them on the bench. '' You guys are just in time, it just started!'' she cheered and focused her attention back on the gym battle, curious as to what pokemon the gym leader would use

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
She lightly nodded, smiling. She stared back at the scene, She was very interested in Noah's skills after all.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
The air was tense as they both released their first Pokemon, the gym leaders first Pokemon was a geodude as it roared out its name. "Geodude huh, then I'll just use Mankey."
Noah said as he threw the pokeball releasing Mankey.
both Pokemon dash towards each other at the start with Mankey having the lead, but Geodude began to exchange blows for blows with Mankey making things even, but then Geodude prepared a destructive mega punch hitting Mankey right in the face which should have knocked mankey out but instead Mankey then had a red aura around him with him clenching his fists. "All right Mankey use counter!" Noah ordered as Mankey punched Geodude right in the face sending it flying towards a boulder smashing into itand as the smoke cleared up it showed that Geodude was unable to battle.

"Great job Mankey you think you can do one more round?" Mankey roared his name as he beating on his chest telling his trainer that he's ready to fight more.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
She gasped in excitement, watching the powerful attacks. She stared, and she could feel her Charmanders ball shaking in excitement as well. She screamed out loud, " Come on Noah! Beat those rock types! ". She looked at her pokemon, wondering if she could beat them as well.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah made a peace sign towards the audience while smiling. "Congratulations for beating my first Pokemon but the battle is far from over, come forth Onix!" The gym leader sent out his final Pokemon and as he did Onix roared his name with so much power it felt like the entire building was trembling. "Mankey climb up on Onix's body and used karate chop on his head." Mankey was narrowing avoiding Onix's attacks before Mankey could get on his body but, as he did he easily got up to the head without being thrown off and landed a solid karate chop on his head. "All right good job Manke- Mankey watch out!" Then noticed that Onix recovered faster than he predicted and swing it tail right in front of Mankey slamming him to the ground knocking him unconscious.
"Only one attack?" Noah absolutely shocked as Mankey was taken down so easily.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
Name: Jace
Appearance: Blue and Black hat, black cargo pants, blue shirt with white pokeball in the middle, has black hair, tall.

Jace got off of the boat to Kanto with his mom and dad, Sheri and Dave. He was from Hoenn and had himself a male Treecko named Freddie. He refused to evolve his Treecko and had found him during a trip to Akala Island in the Alola region. How a Treecko was there, he had no idea, but maybe it had something to do with the tropical setting? He also had a female Whismur, who he named Chazmin and he catched his Treecko with, he had 4 extra Pokeballs in his bag he carried over to a moving truck.
Jace had moved to Kanto from Hoenn. He found this to be a risky move, as he had never been to Kanto, and he would miss his home region. As he stepped torwards the truck, he breathed in the Kanto air.
"Ahh... A breath of fresh air... Hey, come out here Freddie."
The Pokeball, which was a special one he got customized to be green and red, wiggled, and then Freddie emerged from it.
"Tree....cko?" Freddie seemed perplexed at the location, where was he?
"Welcome to Kanto buddy. This is our new home. It's still an hour drive until we get to our hotel. Dad's gonna get us an apartment in a few days, and then we'll get a house sometime soon. You excited to meet new Pokemon?" Jace was especially excited to see some completely new Pokemon species that were native to Kanto. He had heard of the Pidgey that flew in the sky, and the less elongated Exeggutor who roamed the islands around Kanto. He loaded his stuff into the truck, and his parents got into a second truck which carried a lot of the heavy stuff. He put Treecko back in his Pokeball and pulled out his phone.

Last edited:
Alana’s smile faded as she saw Mankey go down in only one attack." That Onix must be super powerful,,, You can do it Noah" She muttered, mostly to herself but loud enought for the people around her to hear clearly

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah was a bit better worried, he was hoping Mankey would have at least lasted longer so we could tire out the gym leaders last Pokemon but seems that's not the case. "Mankey return." N
then returned Mankey into his pokeball to rest.
"I guess it's time to show you my Ace, come on out Squirtle!" Noah had release his ace in the hole and first Pokemon.

Squirtle was startled as he noticed a large rock snake Pokemon glaring at him, but then made a battle stance preparing to fight. "Squirtle use bubble beam on Onix." Squirtle fired multiple bubbles towards Onix, which on impact exploded causing Onix to cry in pain. " Not bad for a beginner but it's time to finish this, Onix use dig and send that's Squirtle sky high and once it hits the ground use bind to finish it off." The gym leader ordered as Onix then began digging underground and then re-emerging sending Squirtle high in the air.

Noah eyes open wide as he realized what he needed to do. "Squirtle use iron defense and then aim for onix's head with rapid spin sideways!" Squirtle withdraw inside his shell with his shell appearing to be made of iron as it turn back to normal, but as it did Squirtle was going down rapidly fast as if Squirtle weighed a ton and started to spin sideways has it hit the same place where Mankey use his karate chop on Onix's head, immediately causing Onix upper body to slam into the ground. As the dust started to disappear, Squirtle was standing with scratches all over his body while breathing hard and as for Onix, Onix was on the ground unable to battle and therefore which made Noah the winner. "Game set and match, I win." Noah said he threw out a peace sign with a serious smile on his face looking at his opponent.

The gym leader then walked towards the Challenger to congratulate him and to present him with the boulder badge. Noah had then placed the badge in his badge case and was walking out of the gym waiting for his companions to join him outside to congratulate him.

After Noah’s victory, Yania followed him the outside the Pewter Gym. She was impressed by the other trainer’s performance. Having seen the skill it took to beat the gym leader, it became increasingly clear how far she had yet to go.

“I would never have thought to use Iron Defense like that,” She said. “nice work!”

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
Jace waited inside the truck, and after a few minutes, he was lunged forward a little bit as the moving truck stopped. They were at their destination, he assumed. He stood up, but to his surprise, the truck opened, and they were not at a hotel. Jace's father greeted him. "We are making a quick stop in Pewter for some gas and snacks. Do you want to take Treecko to the Pokemon center? It's only a few minutes away." Jace nodded his head and hopped out of the truck. He walked over to the Pokemon center. He heard a commotion over by the gym. A few people were talking outside the gym. Jace let Treecko out and walked inside the Pokemon center. The door's chime greeted him. "Welcome to the Pokemon center." An automated voice said out of a speaker above the door.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana followed Noah, but then suddenly had the urge to also challenge the gym leader. So, she quietly snuck away and walked toward the gym. She touched her 3 pokeballs and entered the door. She sat down and thought of a strategy to beat the gym. " If Clefairy uses sing, And then Sandshrew... ". She looked at her Charmanders ball and wondered what she could do with him. "Smokescreen... Metal Claw..? " She thought she might be able to do this! So, she stood up, opened her eyes, and opened the doors.

Alana hurried over to Noah and Yania." Noah! You did so well! Thats was the first time ive seen a gym battle, you set the bar so high!" She smiled and clapped

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
As she entered the gym, the room was cleaned from the battle with Noah, and the gym leader had finished healing his pokemon. She walked toward the trainer square, and waited for Brock, ( She Believed. ) to get ready. Finally, he got to his square, and Kana grabbed her first pokeball. Brock sent out his Geodude, as she sent out her Clefairy. " C-Clefairy! Use Minimize! " She said, as Clefairy made her image smaller. Brock said, " Geodude, use defense curl! ". The Geodude followed, and its body hardened harder.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana then said, " Clefairy! Use sing! ". Clefairy followed her orders and used to sing. Thankfully, it hit on the first time. Geodude was asleep, So she brought back her Clefairy, and swapped to Sandshrew. The Geodude was still asleep, So she made her Sandshrew " Use sand attack! " She said. She was hoping that if she was lucky, she could keep him asleep. But of course, every battle MUST have a risky piece in it. Geodude woke up, as it used, " Defense Curl! ". She used the Sand attack once more, as her plan was now set in motion. Brock made his Geodude start to charge at Sandshrew, but luckily it was blinded enough to miss and hit some rocks! " Sandshrew, Use Swift! " She commanded, as It jumped on some rocks and stars flew at the Rock creature. Because Swift was a special move, it wasn't effected by his defense curls!

As the battle pressed onward, The swifts finally got to the geodude to knock him out! She returned her Sandshrew and took her Clefairy out again.

(OOC) Sorry for it being such a long time since I have responded, I have been on vacation with my family. I am back and I have found a way to make it look like I've been gone for a while. (BIC) Jackson was talking with Professor Oak, and his mother about taking care of his Pokemon, and suddenly realized everyone was gone. He believed that there would be more than the five other trainers he had already met, including himself. "Well mom, Professor Oak, sorry to run out on you guys like this, but I have to catch up with the others!" He exclaimed to them both." Okay honey, stay safe and I love you." Said his mother. Jackson then looked at Professor Oak, and Professor Oak looked at him. They both nodded, and Jackson ran out to Viridian City.

[1 Hour Later]

Jackson came out of Viridian Forest with a level 10 Rattata (Newly Caught), level 12 Pidgey, and a level 13 Bulbasaur with no sign of the others whatsoever. "Maybe they're down at Pewter City" Jackson said confidently. Jackson than ran through the gate to Pewter city and actually found Noah, and two other girl trainers. "Hey Noah, how's it going!"

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
As he sat down with Treecko, Jace let out Whismur. He then thought about going to face the gym leader. He decided to go tell his parents. "Mom, dad, I'm gonna walk home. I'm gonna fight the gym leader." He said to his parents, confident in his words. "Really? Are you sure you can get home?" His father was always scared of what could happen if he fought a rabid wild pokemon, a dangerous Rattata could faint his entire team. He retired as a trainer because of his anxiety. "Yes dad, it's not that far, we're right next to Pallete town." He was moving to Palette town, a quiet town where the professor's lab resided. "Fine... See you later." He waved bye to his parents and headed to the gym. A few trainers were outside the gym. Jace walked up to them. "Hey, what type is this gym guys?"

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
Kana prepared for the strong pokemon called Onix, not quite ready to give up! As soon as Onix came out, she commanded " Clefairy! Use Minimize! Quickly! " Clefairy quickly did as asked, and got seemingly smaller. Onix had used Bind, Surrounding Clefairys whole body, even if Clefairy was smaller. " C-Clefairy! " She shouted, worried for her friend. Kana breathed, " Clefairy, Use sing! " As Clefairy sang, It just HAD to miss. Onix was told to use rock throw, pretty much ending Clefairy in a single shot. " Clefairy No! " She shouted.

She sent out her Sandshrew, needing to get something in. " Use Sand-attack! " She commanded, as it threw sand into the Onix's eye. Onix threw a rock around, barely missing Her Sandshrew. She Used Sand-attack again, and this time the rock hit Sandshrew. Sandshrew was hit backward, slamming into a rock, making a pile of rocks scattered. Sandshrew could barely stand. " Use Swift! " She said, wanting to get something in. And right after, the Onix slammed into her Sandshrew.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Noah was rubbing the back of his neck out of embarrassment from all the praising but then notice Jackson. "What's up Jackson, and to answer your question i'm doing great because look at this." Noah had then showed Jackson the boulder badge from his badge case.

"I just got my first gym badge and if you're planning on challenging the gym leader, you best watch out for his Onix, it's tough even if you have a type advantage." Noah said with a serious tone in voice but then returning to his happy go self.

"Also before I forget, if you and kana beat the gym leader, let's have a battle tomorrow to see which one of us three is the strongest, but anyways I'm going to go to the Pokemon center and rest up a bit, make sure you two win, I want some worthy rivals so this journey won't be boring." Noah waves as he was returning back to the Pokemon center.

(OOC: what are your guys’ thoughts on Alola forms? There should be a discussion board so we can talk OOC about stuff in the future)
————-

Now that Noah’s gym battle was over, Yania could finally get back to training. She waved to Noah as he walked off- and made a mental note to watch his battle with Kana and the new trainer later.

“I’m heading out to Route 3, I’ll need another Pokémon if I’m going to challenge the gym. And Houndour could certainly stand to practice some more.” she said dryly. Yania waved politely before turning on her heel and heading eastward.

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
She breathed again and returned her Sandshrew. She wiped her forming tears and sent out Charmander. " A-Alright Charmander! Lets.. do our strategy! " She told him. " Alright, Use SmokeScreen! " Charmander spat out the smoke, making the whole area smoked out. Charmander jumped on a rock as Onix slammed into multiple areas. " Use Metal-claw Now! ". Charmander struck into Onix's head, and its claws slid on down Onix's body. When Charmander flew off, Onix fell on the floor, feeling intense pain.

Charmander was waddling back to Kana, cheering with glee! Kana smiled, slightly crying from winning. She returned the Charmander and walked over to Brock. Brock gave the badge, as she opened her new purple badge case! She slid it in and left to go to the others.

As she walked the dirt path of Route 3, Houndour began to figit in its ball. Oh brother, Yania thought. It must still be upset from earlier. With a sigh, she let bristling Pokémon out. It growled at her feet.

“Oh come on now,” Yania was exasperated. “That battle with Spearow would have gone fine if you had done what I said. I do know what I’m doing, you know.” Houndour ignored her, and trotted off down the path towards Mount Moon. “Oh no you don’t,” she called after it. “we’re going to catch something here. “ she said, then added, “Maybe then I won’t have to order you around.”

Houndour glared at her, but stayed put as she waded into the tall grass of Route 3. After a bit of searching, an Ekans popped its head out of the grass and hissed. It reared up to attack.

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
(Hello? Did someone see my post? I was asking someone what type the gym was? Make sure to actually pay attention to the RP.) :@

Alana smiled at the stranger." Hey! Its a rock gym" she turned her attention to Jackson." Oh, we havent officially met have we? Im Alana!" She stuck out her hand for a handshake." Youre friends with Noah right? Hes a really good trainer already."

Slatzsly

Previously WildFlower
She walked over to Alana, greeting the new trainer as well. " H-Hello! I-I also just finished! " She said, opening her gym case, showing her Boulder Badge. She blushed, a little surprised herself at winning.

Yania prepared a Pokéball and turned to Houndour. “We need to weaken it. Can you tackle it to the ground?” Houndour moved at lightning speed forward, and to Yania’s surprise, actually pinned the Ekans down! “Yes! Like that! Now just wait while I-“ Yania didn’t finish her sentence before Houndour bit down on the wriggling Ekans. Of course. Houndour acting obedient was just too good to be true. “Stop that! We’re supposed to catch the poor thing, not faint it!” Yania ran up behind Houndour to pull it away, still growling. The Ekans hadn’t fainted yet, but it was clearly agitated, it’s fangs were exposed.

Yania set the fiery hound Pokémon down with one hand and tossed a Pokeball with the other. Ekans flinched when the ball hit, but went in. The ball clicked to signal that Ekans had been caught. “Whew.” Yania finally breathed. After picking up Ekans’ ball, she turned and looked disappointedly at Houndour. “Something has to change, doesn’t it.” She murmured. “Whatever we’re doing isn’t working. I want you to trust me, but you’ve got to put in some effort, too.” Houndour looked at Yania, in the eyes this time. “Let’s keep training,” Yania said. “We’re going to face the Gym soon. We’ll need to be ready.” Houndour let out its trademark huff, and Yania continued down Route 3.

When Noah walked off, he turned to the gym, and saw a new trainer. "I knew I would meet new trainers" He said in his head. Then the trainer stuck out her hand for a handshake, her name was Alana." Hi, I'm Jackson, it's nice to meet you." Jackson said as he was shaking her hand. He then nodded to her and ran into the gym. He talked to the man at the front, and he told Jackson that the gym was rock type, so he had a chance with Bulbasaur. "Okay Bulbasaur, there is the gym leader up there. He is a trainer of rock type, so you will be very good against him." Jackson took a stance with the Pokeball in his hand staring right to Brock." Here we go!"

LAARJ_PEEKACHOO

Previously Ryan Crentei
Jace walked into the gym, preparing for his battle. He watched the other trainer battle. He let Treecko out of his ball. "Treecko, it's time for a big battle, we're gonna face a gym leader, are you ready?" "Tree-ee!" "Nice, you'll be good against it, its a rock type gym."

Jackson threw the Pokeball out into the match. It was Pidgey. " Okay Pidgey, use sand attack, to make him unable to see!" Jackson yelled excitingly. He then put Pidgey back into the Pokeball, and sent Bulbasaur. The Geodude used Defense Curl, but it wasn't enough for the Bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip!" The Vines went right through the middle of Geodude's torso. The Geodude fainted quickly, and Pidgey grew a level, same with Bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur, stay out here, so we can get this over with quickly. I need to catch up with the others." Jackson said in anticipation. When Brock sent out Onix, Jackson's Bulbasaur got intimidated. " Don't worry Bulbasaur, we got this. Bulbasaur, use Razor Leaf as quick as you can!" The leaves struck Onix's body, and the Onix fell with a loud crash. "It was a critical hit!" Jackson opened his red badge case and held it out to Brock. "Good job young man, I feel great potential in you." Brock said proudly. Jackson ran out with a huge grin on his face, and nodded to the trainer standing with a Pokemon he had never seen before. "Hey, I'm Jackson. Is that Pokemon from this region?"

Status
Not open for further replies.