• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Welcome to Hero High

I don’t plan on letting the transformation ability allow Hannah to turn into animals if that makes things any better
It does, thank you.

If I may make a suggestion
@PlayfulShinx47 you refer to your power as Transformation.
While @Grand Master Koop you might use a word such as Transfiguration or Transmutation.

Just so it’s clear for everyone which power does what

I'm assuming most personalities are to be shown as the RP progresses as we didn't include them in our bios?

I'm guessing that as well! That's why I'm showing a little at a time.

Yes, I wanted to strive for more organic character interactions, where people learn about their peers through experience rather than reading this thread

There’s a conversation option for the exact purpose of giving someone “personal advice” rather than clogging up discussion threads with the like.
The “no authority” syntax was lifted directly from your own post, so I’m surprised by the level to which you took offense to it. Nonetheless I also apologize for it’s use.

Edit: I was in the process of reading and replying to your application when my laptop ran out of battery and I was without a charger. Hence the time it took me to get back to you regarding your acceptance.

I'm not offended, I just find this quite silly. I don't see why I'd need to take a piece of advice about his character for your rp to a pm.
I've been in plenty of rp threads, and I've never seen someone be such a stickler about on topic posts.
Not offended, confused about why I'm being patronized. I mean, you all literally started discussing points I brought up. I figured rps were a community of writers helping one another out.

On top of this, you've again failed to say whether I'm excepted. XD

I think I'll take the hint that your angry for some reason, so I don't think I'll be joining the rp.
Apologies for wasting your time. Have fun.

I'm not offended, I just find this quite silly. I don't see why I'd need to take a piece of advice about his character for your rp to a pm.
I've been in plenty of rp threads, and I've never seen someone be such a stickler about on topic posts.
Not offended, confused about why I'm being patronized. I mean, you all literally started discussing points I brought up. I figured rps were a community of writers helping one another out.

On top of this, you've again failed to say whether I'm excepted. XD

I think I'll take the hint that your angry for some reason, so I don't think I'll be joining the rp.
Apologies for wasting your time. Have fun.
If you had actually read my previous response to you in it’s entirety you would know whether you had been accepted or not

(Hint it’s in the edit)

If you had actually read my previous response to you in it’s entirety you would know whether you had been accepted or not

(Hint it’s in the edit)

I read your reply through and through, I'd suggest you don't make assumptions. You never accepted me. Just explained why you hadn't yet, you didn't even hint at agreeing to accept me. I can quote it if you'd like.

But as I said, I'll butt out of this issue before it begins. Don't wanna get your thread off topic to much.

Last edited:
Name: Ace Bronson
Nationality: English
Dorm: Serpent Silver
Appearance: Ace is a pretty average looking boy. He stands at 5'11, which isn't abnormally tall, weighing in at 120 pounds, his skinny build makes him seem much more lengthy. Ace's skinniness is less due to not eating and more due to spending all the energy and calories on daily training with his powers. Ace sports a richly tanned skin, a caramel color which dulls slightly when he isn't spending enough time in the sun. His face is sharp and angular, with a pointed nose and thick eyebrows. The young male's eyes are a creamy brown color, almost usually pale and almost yellow looking. His hair is thick and messy, he never really paid it much attention. The bottom half is shaved, forming an undercut with the top just slightly overgrown and curling at the tips; his hair is a dirty blonde color with more honey brown highlights on the top layer.
Outfit (civilian clothes): Ace is a fairly simple dresser. He'd prefer a pair of sweatpants of athletic shorts, though his current caretaker had been 'encouraging' a set of khaki's instead. Though not the most flexible, Ace wears the slick-tan pants with a simple white or black t-shirt most often. He matches that with a pair of white sneaker, slightly worn but the only pair he owns. Ace also had glasses, they re technically long-distance glasses, but you'd rarely catch the boy wearing them, as they fall off in battle and he has determined them to be distracting.
Costume (hero garb): Ace's costume was not given much effort. When informed that he should have one that would help with his power, Ace couldn't think of much. In the end, he decided he didn't care enough to think too long about the costume. A thick black body-suit colors his entire torso, arms and legs. This protective covering his cold and heat protective, and rather sturdy. He then layers a simple white-t-shirt over this as well has baggy-sweat pants that pool around his ankles. He then wears a pair of thick, combat boots and has been unsure about adding a helmet or not.

Power: Sonokinesis
Explanation: Essentially, Ace can create or manipulate sound waves. On a minor level this would effect the way someone hears something. Using his power to this degree, he can mimic, intensify, hush, and distort any sound. This means how people hear him, one another, of things around them. He can turn two villain's whispers to shouts or the sound of an explosion to nothing more than a poof. Ace can also use his own mouth and vocal cord to create different sound waves of different lengths and frequencies. At low frequencies, sound can be potentially fatal to living beings by causing internal damage. At high frequencies, vibrations can travel through the air, ground, water and any form of medium meaning it's practically unstoppable. Some side quirks to Ace's power come in the forms of echolocation, enhanced hearing (likely just a side effect to being exposed to such high frequencies waves so often), sound sculpting/imitation.
Weakness/setback: The most major setback to Ace's ability is it's intangibility. Though a blessing in ways, it's also a curse that Ace's attack has no physical form. Any sort of wave disturbance like a magnetic field or counter wave could cancel out Ace's entire power. Another important fault in Ace's power is that, although has become rather skilled with the use of his ability, ace still experiences hiccups or mistakes in his attacks at times. Just like a voice crack or croak, Ace's sound waves act as his voice- therefore he can experience similar dilemmas.

Extra information: Ace is most almost always in a cranky mood, so he tends to have trouble making friends.
Backstory(only really needs to be brief, I'd prefer to learn the details of your characters backgrounds naturally through the rp): Neither of Ace's parents had powers, so it was practical of them to be weary when there son began to show symptoms of possessing a supernatural ability. Of course, his parents wanted nothing to do with the oddity of super powers and they certainly didn't want their son to take on the dangerous occupation of being a hero. By age 5, Ace showed exemplary control of his power- he grew obsessed with it, really. Ace spent day and night training to be stronger and better, and by the time he was in middle school the boy was a real prodigy. One huge problem for Ace was the destructive tendencies of his power. It was simple; all he could do was destroy with his ability- and training took down half of the town's forest in just a month. That's when his parents, truly wanting the best for their child and fearing social consequences, banned the use of powers in their house. It was simple, either he got real and focused on life or he lived his super-human fantasies elsewhere. Clearly, they didn't know Ace very well. The boy showed himself out, by 13 he moved on. Didn't care really, the mastery of his powers kept him living and his dream of being the most powerful kept him fighting. Ace moved into the mountains, where he could focus on building his ability with destroying any of other people' abilities. Ace never learned of his parent's death. So you could imagine what shock he went through when he returned to his hometown 2 years later to find his house empty. His last words to them had been such a snarky goodbye, he hadn't seen them in years since then. He didn't attend their funeral, but in time he was tracked down as a legal orphan. In hindsight, staying in the abandoned house may have been a bad idea. Ace didn't fight this, his past was behind him- now he only looked to the future. Fortunately for the boy, a distant relative was willing to take him in, something something on his mom's side. A sweet elderly woman who was astonished by Ace's powers, she promptly enrolled him in Hero High.

Last edited:
Name: Ace Bronson
Nationality: English
Dorm: Griffin Gold
Appearance: Ace is a pretty average looking boy. He stands at 5'11, which isn't abnormally tall, weighing in at 120 pounds, his skinny build makes him seem much more lengthy. Ace's skinniness is less due to not eating and more due to spending all the energy and calories on summoning and storing things through his daily training with his powers. Ace sports a richly tanned skin, a caramel color which dulls slightly when he isn't spending enough time in the sun. His face is sharp and angular, with a pointed nose and thick eyebrows. The young male's eyes are a creamy brown color, almost usually pale and almost yellow looking. His hair is thick and messy, he never really paid it much attention. The bottom half is shaved, forming an undercut with the top just slightly overgrown and curling at the tips; his hair is a dirty blonde color with more honey brown highlights on the top layer.
Outfit (civilian clothes): Ace is a fairly simple dresser. He'd prefer a pair of sweatpants of athletic shorts, though his current caretaker had been 'encouraging' a set of khaki's instead. Though not the most flexible, Ace wears the slick-tan pants with a simple white or black t-shirt most often. He matches that with a pair of white sneaker, slightly worn but the only pair he owns. Ace also had glasses, they re technically long-distance glasses, but you'd rarely catch the boy wearing them, as they fall off in battle and he has determined them to be distracting.
Costume (hero garb): Ace's costume was not given much effort. When informed that he should have one that would help with his power, Ace couldn't think of much. In the end, he decided he didn't care enough to think too long about the costume. A thick black body-suit colors his entire torso, arms and legs. This protective covering his cold and heat protective. He then layers a simple white-t-shirt over this as well has baggy-sweat pants that pool around his ankles. He then wears a pair of thick, combat boots and has been unsure about adding a helmet or not.

Power: Inter-dimensional Storage
Explanation: Essentially, Ace can store and summon just about anything he wants in a separate dimensions; more specifically his own dimension. Anything that can't think or breath can be stored by Ace, meaning any inanimate object. Whether it be a light source or a wooden chair, with just a touch Ace can send it somewhere that nobody has access to- from where he can recall it whenever he wants. One example of the use of his power would be a fireball headed his direction- as soon as it make contact with his skin, Ace can transport the attack and later summon it for his own use. He also can only store things when he is conscious, being knocked out or even just sleeping will make all previously stored objects spawn randomly around him.
Weakness/setback: The two major weakness to Ace's power can cause serious harm to him if he isn't careful. The first setback would be his inability to keep his stored items when he is unconscious. This means that whether he faints in battle or he simply falls asleep before emptying his storage, whatever was left in his storage will spawn around his body. If this is a knife or flame, I think it's obvious how he could get hurt. Or if this is a valuable object, anyone could take it once he's passed out. Secondly, Ace has to physically make contact with whatever it is that he wants to capture. Meaning he has to take at least the first bit of whatever damage it intends to inflict before he can store the rest of it. He also can't store anything that is tangible, so he can't get sound or other types of waves. There is also the minor setback of which he can only store inanimate objects.

Extra information: Ace is most almost always in a cranky mood, so he tends to have trouble making friends.
Backstory(only really needs to be brief, I'd prefer to learn the details of your characters backgrounds naturally through the rp): Neither of Ace's parents had powers, so it was practical of them to be weary when there son began to show symptoms of possessing a supernatural ability. Of course, his parents wanted nothing to do with the oddity of super powers and they certainly didn't want their son to take on the dangerous occupation of being a hero. By age 5, Ace showed exemplary control of his power- he grew obsessed with it, really. Ace spent day and night training to be stronger and better, and by the time he was in middle school the boy was a real prodigy. He had no social life, grades were horrific and he treated every other human like they were somehow below him. That's when his parents, truly wanting the best for their child, banned the use of powers in their house. It was simple, either he got real and focused on life or he lived his super-human fantasies elsewhere. Clearly, they didn't know Ace very well. The boy showed himself out, by 13 he was on the streets. Didn't care really, the mastery of his powers kept him living and his dream of being the most powerful kept him fighting. It was on the newspaper that Ace learned of his parent's death. His last words to them had been such a snarky goodbye, he hadn't seen them in years since then. He didn't attend their funeral, but in time he was tracked down as a legal orphan. Ace didn't fight this, his past was behind him- now he only looked to the future. Fortunately for the boy a distant relative was willing to take him in, something something on his mom's side. A sweet elderly woman who was astonished by Ace's powers, she promptly enrolled him in Hero High.

(Let me know if anything needs to change. Don't feel bad if the power is too much, I'm willing to change it if you think that it's too OP. I have a different power already in mind, I just wanted to try my creativity with this one.)
It’s definitely creative and unique

I’m a little unsure regarding the power, can I please have a look at the alternate power

Also please just go over the rules again, I think you might have missed a thing or two

It’s definitely creative and unique

I’m a little unsure regarding the power, can I please have a look at the alternate power

Also please just go over the rules again, I think you might have missed a thing or two

Um... well that's awkward. Sorry I know what I missed, I don't know how I missed it, though- I prefer not to question how oblivious I can be... it's scary sometimes. Well, I fixed my little rule nonconformity. I'm just gonna check with you before I edit his power (an backstory slightly to match). Although I'm almost 100% sure it's okay, the other power I had in mind is a lot less over the top: Sonokenesis. It's essentially the ability to manipulate and/or generate sound waves. Once I get the 'ok', I'll further explain it in Ace's Bio- though it's fairly simple.

Um... well that's awkward. Sorry I know what I missed, I don't know how I missed it, though- I prefer not to question how oblivious I can be... it's scary sometimes. Well, I fixed my little rule nonconformity. I'm just gonna check with you before I edit his power (an backstory slightly to match). Although I'm almost 100% sure it's okay, the other power I had in mind is a lot less over the top: Sonokenesis. It's essentially the ability to manipulate and/or generate sound waves. Once I get the 'ok', I'll further explain it in Ace's Bio- though it's fairly simple.
Sounds great