1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weirdest Game You've Played and/or Want to Play?

Discussion in 'General Video Game Discussion' started by fred7601, Oct 1, 2014.

1. fred7601

Friend Code:
    1160-9962-8734
    When it comes to video games, there are loads of weird titles out there. While most are released only in Japan, some are lucky enough to be released in the United States. What's the weirdest game you guys have played?

Raerae likes this.
  2. hackmaster

Friend Code:
    3239-5104-1701
    PSN:
    orasdtl
    Trio the Punch Never Forget Me

Raerae and AlphBlazeandRoxie like this.
  3. mhairigood

mhairigood Likes Trains

Steam:
    mhairigood
    The original Corpse Party game and Ao Oni without a single doubt!
    Twas beyond weird but really fun to play and pretty damn memorable.

Merciless Medic, Raerae and Burgundy like this.
  4. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Friend Code:
    4167-4498-1464
    I have only one game to mention here: Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea, a game someone made with RPG Maker 2000. It wasn't the sort of thing that I'd normally touch but a close friend of mine wanted me to play it, so I innocently gave it a shot! Played it right through, beginning to end, to boot. :'D

Uhh... Yeeeaah. While there's foreshadowing that things are likely to turn darker, the first portion of the game is fairly normal and chipper. But the second half...? Pure and unrefined nightmare fuel. Never have I played something so downright twisted. I enjoyed certain aspects of the game, the characters for example, but that second half... I was not prepared. ;_;

5. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

There's a number of games that fall into that category for me, I think.

The first that comes to mind is OFF, a game made by a French-Belgian who calls himself Mortis Ghost with RPG Maker 2003. In it you guide a being known as The Batter on his mission to purify the world - and what a world it is. With minimal spoilers, it's a world where the oceans are made of plastic, metal comes from cows, meat comes from fountains and the living beings of the world - neurotic creatures called Elsens - breathe smoke that is mined from the ground. Oh yes. And there are spectres everywhere.

And that isn't even the oddest thing about the game. It gets more and more what as it goes along and goes from weird to downright creepy to heart-wrenching to what the fuck did I just play?!

The graphics are fairly simple but their relative starkness contributes greatly to the atmosphere and the music (by Alias Conrad Coldwood) is atmospheric as hell and adds a whole level of surreal to an already surreal game. Surreal or not, it's worth a playthrough - or at least a watch.

Otherwise, the oddest I've probably played fall under the category of point-and-click adventure games, ranging from the surreal (Ween: The Prophecy) to the unique and silly (The Neverhood). Indie games created with Flash also have a tendency to fall into the weird-as-hell category - again, especially in the point-and-click adventure department. Go figure.

Merciless Medic and Raerae like this.
  6. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

Friend Code:
    3583-1213-0822
    Nintendo Network:
    shinylyni
    Steam:
    shinylyni
    Does Goat Simulator count? I think it does. That game is frightening for all the wrong reasons XD

Another I have to mention would be Ib. It's cute and stuff, but ridiculously messed up in so many ways. I won't say anything for fear of spoiling, but man some of those graphics and puzzles and endings are just downright creepy and nightmare-inducing. I had nightmares for a week, actually, thanks to the game (and trying to see all possible endings).

7. ignitusfire12

PSN:
    ignitusfire12
    Viva Pinata. It was so weird, but sooo addicting. It was the first and only game I've ever played on the Xbox 360. I loved hitting the animals with shovels! :love:

Raerae likes this.
  8. AzureEdge

AzureEdge ✧luzrov rulay✧

Friend Code:
    5000-3997-3556
    Nintendo Network:
    AzureEdge
    Steam:
    AzureEdge7
    I gotta agree with @Kyubeon on this one.Weirdest game has to be Goat simulator.

Besides that,I haven't played any wacky games, but If I had to think of another one I think that Eternal Sonata was a weird game. The plot was completely different from all JRPG's, and was actually focusing on a Polish pianist and his life.
    The game was still phenomenal, and I always recommend it, with other JRPG's.
    When I first played the game on the XBOX, the ending left me at a WTF moment. It was so confusing, because the plot never went through the whole "Polka special power thing."
    But after playing it on the PS3 version, the plot made more sense.

Raerae likes this.
  9. i havnt played too many weird games but i have one to list

super princess peach. i dont know why i got it but it is weird as hell. first off you have a talking umbrella (named perry) that is actually a bit useful. then you have your princess who has severe mood swings. she gets so mad she becomes a living inferno, then she gets so sad that she could have caused the great flood and she gets so happy she sings and flies. also none of the enemies are safe, not even bowser is safe.

SPOILER ALERT:

in the final battle bowser uses the vibe scepter he got at the beginning of the game to fight peach.
    he uses the joy vibe to create shockwaves, gloom to throw very large hammers and when at 1 health he uses the rage vibe to attack faster. he then becomes giant and when at 1 health again he uses the calm vibe (i didnt list it above as i have no damn clue what it does) to heal himself. after the fight he is thrown off the island the events took place on to who knows where with the vibe scepter with him.

END OF SPOILERS

about the enemies they sometimes have vibes also

just to name a few:

boos, green koopas and goombas can get the rage vibe
    dry bones and spinies can have the gloom vibe
    red koopas, bloopers and bob-ombs can have the joy vibe
    hammer bros. can have the calm vibe

about games i want to play i'd like to try out lsd dream emulator and ao oni as they seem fun yet strange

Raerae likes this.
  10. Now I haven't played a ton of weird games. The weirdest game I've played, in my opinion, is earthbound for the NES. My first intro to that game was on an emulator. I was cracking up when the lamp attacked me, but after the hippie attacked I knew this was a weird game.

Attached Files:

Raerae, ToxicSwamp and ignitusfire12 like this.
  11. Either TTP or Katamari Damacy.

Raerae likes this.
  12. Katamari, Eledees, Viva Piñata,... Also, Ghost Trick was weird/original, I quite liked it.
    But the absolute weirdest had to be Mount your Friends O.o

Raerae likes this.
  13. Parodius hands down...i will never understand anything in that game lol

14. ToxicSwamp

Friend Code:
    0576-3737-3358
    Earthbound had this slot filled until I heard about Undertale.

15. I really wanna play earth bound

ToxicSwamp likes this.
  16. hackmaster

Friend Code:
    3239-5104-1701
    PSN:
    orasdtl
    Ah. And then we got stuck with Sexy Perodius which was quite weird as well.

Raerae likes this.
  17. mhairigood

mhairigood Likes Trains

Steam:
    mhairigood
    [​IMG]
    The best horror game that I've ever played in my life.

18. My brother played it using an emulator (he wanted to after playing Smash Bros), and apparently it's very good and very sad x)

Raerae and ToxicSwamp like this.
  19. I know the plot of it...i would actually like to play all three of them...and ness is my best character in smash bros lol

Raerae, Crazy-ass Bat and ToxicSwamp like this.
  20. You want a sad video game? Play Mother 3. Brings me to tears every damn time.

21. Yeah, my brother played Mother 3 too and told me about the story x') Too many sad games T_T
    And my other brother used to play Ness and Luka a lot in Smash, he was very good with them ^^

Raerae and alolatrainer like this.
  22. The whole mother story is actually very well put together..i love it :)

23. I looooooove weird games. Seriously, name a game you think is "weird" and I've probably played it. Some of my favorites include
    -Katamari Damacy (one of my favorite games of all time honestly, it's just so fun to play)
    -Grow Home (played this one recently and it completely stole my heart. It was so cute!)
    -Undertale (this game is the most adorable thing ever and I can't stop thinking about it)
    -Jazz Punk (usually I don't like the kind of humor the game presents but it's so damn sincere that I can't help but love it)
    -D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die (hard boiled detective story with anime tropes? Sign me up!)
    -Hatoful Boyfriend (super cute and aware of itself, which is something people don't seem to get)
    -Off (the story made some of the more frustrating parts somewhat worth it)
    -Deadly Premonition (it has a Twin Peaks vibe that I absolutely eat up!)
    -Earthbound (Undertale nor Off would exist without this gem)

Raerae and Crazy-ass Bat like this.
  24. "Kokoro no Doki Doki Senpai" this is something you need to see to believe...

Raerae likes this.
  25. NonAnalogue

Friend Code:
    5026-4426-1745
    Yeah, gonna go ahead and second this. Probably the weirdest damn thing I've ever played. The fact that I played it mostly during my elementary-middle school years probably explains quite a lot about how I turned out.

This is a pretty good idea of what to expect from the Neverhood's sense of humor, though it's also a very intelligent game at times - especially if you delve into the backstory. All of the claymation was done by hand, and the story is surprisingly compelling. The sequel wasn't much to write home about, but if you can find a way to play this one, I'd definitely suggest it if you're a fan of point-and-click adventure games.

Also, Undertale. It was weird, but boy did it have a lot of heart. One of my absolute favorite games.

The trailer lays out the mood of the better part of the game, but it gets into heartstring territory pretty deep by the end. Also a recommendation of mine. I will say, though, that if you decide to play it, don't look up anything about it beforehand. Spoilers run deep for this one.

Raerae likes this.
  26. Raerae

Friend Code:
    Katamari damacy. I'll never forget it. Crazy entertaining, but I don't undeestaaaand lol.

Crazy-ass Bat and alolatrainer like this.
  27. So for $10, I bought WWE WrestleMania X8, a subpar wrestling game; I have never played a wrestling game. It's standard when it comes to...er...games. HOWEVER! It has one saving grace if used incorrectly... Create A Wrestler. This is stupid and brilliant, and I will love it more than my future children.

In terms of options, CAW is somewhat expansive and plentiful on what you can implant to your abomination. BUT THAT ISN'T IMPORTANT! Nah man, make grotesque looking wrestlers with disproportionate limb sizes, and Satanic glowing red eyes! And give him/her a terrifying name like...Chris Tucker, and his alias...Chris Tucker. It might be boring for some, but I could spend hours making this that came straight out of The Thing. Best waste of $10. Do I recommend it?

Hell no.

28. ShinyZekrom009

Friend Code:
    2466-3146-1957
    Nintendo Network:
    SZekrom009
    PSN:
    DanCahill (PS3), Schdrummer16 (PS4)
    [​IMG]

This may or may not be exactly what it looks like. Played it once, sacrificed myself to meet Jesus Cena, then I dated the bully, Johnny (Cena). And then we wrestled and the world blew up. The End, I guess? It's really bizarre either way.

29. mhairigood

mhairigood Likes Trains

Steam:
    mhairigood
    Another strange game that I have played and completed is The Last Door series. Despite it answering some of it's supernatural based questions, there is still a lot left to ponder on. You have to pay such close attention and find every secret nook and cranny to get a clearer picture, but even then it isn't enough. It was brilliantly thought out and definitely much more weird than the previous games that I've mentioned. (Well, maybe not Ao Oni and definitely not OFF like @StellarWind Elsydeon had brought up. That game is HELLA odd.)

Merciless Medic likes this.