• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Weird things about Pokemon

[quote author=Zingi180 link=topic=6528.msg124007#msg124007 date=1258609503]
[quote author=Blisk link=topic=6528.msg123989#msg123989 date=1258583871]
[quote author=Vexen link=topic=6528.msg123808#msg123808 date=1258437530]
Well, we know who the father is...
But we already know that Giovanni is Silver's father. But I do see the close resemblence
[/quote]
Well duh, but she's obviously the mum (if she is a chick)
[/quote]
meh I'll agree to that oh and what the hell is with finding man-made items on wild pokemon?????
She is a chick, just checked. She and Giovanni could have had him, but then gotten divorced because they both were part of different organizations with different goals. (this is just fan speculation.)
[/quote]

My weird thing was wrong. They mention real world animals a lot. Mainly in the first season so far. I'm a fool. Sorry.

I also think that it's weird how Ash rescued Gloom with no injuries when he challenged Erika

Speaking of real animals, in Mystery Dungeon 2 and 3, Team Skull call your partner a 'chicken'. It's kind of ironic, because my partner was a torchic XD.

If Darkrai were to become a Dark/Ghost type, that would mean he would be without a weakness. The fact that he has a highly accurate, sleep-inducing move, an active nightmare ability and legendary stats would make him rather overpowered even amongst legendaries.

You can fall through holes while riging your bike, but when you hit the floor below, you're bike is gone. Can people open there backpack and store a folding bike that quickly while in a freefall?

You can fly from city to city nonstop but your Pokemon never gets tired.

People don't know how to kepp their mouths shut. I'm looking at you Team Magma grunt that mentioned Groudon.

I've seen motorcycles and cars in the anime but not in the games.

Haunter weigh 0.8 lbs and is over 5 1/2 feet tall yet Gengar weighs over 80 lbs and is less than 5 feet tall.

Also to the flying, really light Pokemon can fly you from city to city even though you weigh four times as much as them.
When you're on ice, you never crack your head open.

In the anime, Light Screen and Reflect just create a random box around the Pokemon when they are hit by an attack.
Burn suddenly appears, does damage, then goes away again.

Oh but we have had a travelling partner. Her name was Rui and she appeared in Pokemon Colosseum. She was also completely useless as she had no Pokemon of her own and her dialogue consisted of pointing out the obvious all the time. The only good thing she did was identify shadow Pokemon. Even so, like all useless things, she was replaced by a machine.

Getting back on topic. Why in god's name are there female Machamps, Machokes and Mr Mimes? Seriously, why?

That is both the most witty retort and the most hilarious question I have seen in a long time.

In an attempt to answer, I would simply say that the gender thing wasn't prevalent back in the days of Mime and Machop, and recently they were too busy covering up even more blatant gender bending like male gardevoirs.

I have no idea how hard it is to alter the ratio of gender appearance (probably not too hard), but I think it may just be a matter of laziness or oversight.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
jgelkf;jslkfajas;lkf jIF I HEAR THAT QUESTION ONE MORE FUCKING TIME SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE.

Okay. Seriously. Just because a creature is vaguely humanoid doesn't mean it has to adhere to secondary sexual characteristics of humans because it is NOT a HUMAN. >>; So. There is no reason why there SHOULDN'T be female Machamps.

Re: Mr. Mime, it's a stupid dub thing - the creature's original name is Barrier'd, which suggests NO gender affiliation - the fuckers at NoA simply called it Mr. Mime for the sake of annoying alliteration - and once genders were introduced they were pretty screwed.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
FOOL! THOU HATH INVOKED THE IRE OF THE GRAND CELESTIAL LLAMA!

(dramatic lightning) TREMBLE BEFORE THE HOLY GOAT!

Ahem.

Seriously. This message was stupid, pointless AND annoying all in one go. Congratulations, you've just netted yourself a warning for SPAM.

Now here's a good one:

How come when someone says "Stop!! I'm waiting for someone! If you pass now you're a faggot e.t.c." And they shove you away, you don't knock them aside with your strong Pokemon? Yeah sorry, looks like you have to SAVE THE WORLD before getting the next gym badge.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Because the main character is an overly polite twit, that's why. I mean seriously now. He wouldn't even fucking cut grass anymore because it probably might belong to someone.

If it were me I'd go apeshit on every single mofo that got in my way in Sinnoh >>

Well someone will be going bananas when the named person gets a copy of the Johto remakes

Here's one for the shiny hunters:
Why is it that a shiny pokemon sparkles only when it appears in battle, but never at any other time? (I think it happens when you check it's status as well, I don't know I have no shinies)

What would happen if you use an air pump on a Ghastly, would it ever come back?

How exactly do you use a revive? It looks like some sort of diamond, which is inedible to all except Gorons.

Why the hell do people plant trees in the middle of roads that grow back in like three seconds, couldn't you just shimmy around it? I mean, it's not eaven that thick.

In the Pewter Museum in PKMN Firered, some old dude tells you about men's first moon landing, and mostly troughout the anime, real places are mentioned. But from what you see in the anime and the games, the PKMN World is a different planet or even an alternate dimension, with.... well, PKMN in them and other countries in them. How could they know about our planet?

Also, most of the regions, like Kanto and Sinnoh, have land at the sides of their maps. Does this mean they're all conected? Only the Hoenn region seems to be an island.

two words: cubone's face

and we have to give certain pokemon items to evolve and trade them (rhyperior, dusknoir, etc.), yet you give a razor claw to a sneasel and level it up and it evolves.

Rex

Resident Furry
Somehow every Cubone had its mother killed. Even with all of the Crime Syndicates killing these things I don't think it would be enough to wipe all every female Marowak. And why is it always the mother's skull anyway?

it might be that the mother Marowak starves herself to death protecting its young. Some animals do that sort of noble sacrifice. An octopus is one example, the mother would guard the eggs day and night until it died, and the eggs hatched a little while later. It's part of their cycle.

As for the female wobuffet, it was probably part of a make-up advertising accident. But who knows, maybe there are wobuffets out there with monacles, canes, and tophats :D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Or maybe it's typical Gen One PokeDex Bullshit. >>;

Female wobbuffets were a bad joke and nothing more.

Limitations spawned by game mechanics can be disregarded within more realistic interpretations of the world.

There's a full blown map of the known PokeMon world somewhere. I I don't have the link on me right now. >>

If Prof. Rowan or any of the other Profs. want you to create a full Pokédex, then were does the Info come from? If Prof. Oak invented the Pokédex, then WHERE DOES INFO COME FROM???? If he programmed it he has to know info on 493 Pokémon. What a big brain you have! Why can't he just send it to Prof. Rowan's PC?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several things that are weird to me:

1) Apparently Gary and his sister are orphans, I've never seen there parents

2) If you put a cd on a pokemons forehead, it somehow learns a move, and then the cd breaks

3) In G/S/C, if you chose to have your mom save money for you, after a battle some of the money magically warps to her. Then she goes out and spends it

4) Police attack children at night (like a stalker) but never do anything about the many evil organizations there are (take for example when Team Rocket takes over Saffron, Celadon. or Goldenrod City. Nobody decided to call the cops or anything)

5) You can control pokemon that can be used as weapons of mass destruction when your a little kid, and then run around doing whatever the hell you like (taking random items from anywhere, fight evil people, save the world, and somehow do this all in a few days, depending on how much you play)

6) You never see any destruction or giant craters from moves like Hyper Beam or Solarbeam.

I have alot more but I'll post them later.

Well, to be fair, Metagross could levitate using it's psychic powers. And Snorlax actually can Surf XD Ash's Snorlax in particular has been shown to be an excellent swimmer.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
And this is an answer to a lot of things.

Obviously, in a real world format a lot of the shit that is possible due to game mechanics would not be possible in a similar manner to the fact a lot of the things that are possible in the anime are not possible due to game mechanics.

Ask a silly question, thou gets a silly answer.

.Wailord can fit ANYWHERE

.Pokemon can dive anywhere they want as long as they're in a battle

.You never drown underwater

.Fire Pokemon don't get extinguished underwater

.The, tiniest, weakest, lightest flying Pokemon can fly you to the other side of a country in a matter of seconds.