• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Weird things about Pokemon

If you fall through a hole in the floor, you don't get hurt, no matter how many times you do it.
If a trainer loses a battle, it's presumed that they lose half of their money. If you have a Pokemon holding the Amulet Coin, then do you get all of it?
Does Pay Day produce real money, not fake money? If so, then couldn't you just have a Pokemon use Pay Day all day long, every day of the week, to get an infinite amount of money?
You never throw up after you get stop spinning because of the floor tiles.

You can store anything varying in sizes of 8 inches to 48 feet in a ball that can fit in the palm of your hand. What? Maybe they're just never-ending areas of blankness on the inside. But then how could the fish type Pokes get in?

*crawls into Pokeball* I was right! It is all blank! But I still don't know how the fish-- *falls into blank puddle of water* ...NEVERMIND! *drowns*

One weird thing about pokemon is that, you can talk to a person like a million times, and they say the same things over and over again! Why can't they say anything like,"what's up!"

It's called 'being a video game' and 'being programmed to say something'. Basic -eff-ing logic, human. x-x

Well if other games can come up with reasonable answers for their game designs, why can't pokemon as well? :p

I hate how every new region has a mixture of pokemon from the last, but the old ones are restricted to just the ones available while that region was being explored by you. I understand that's pretty much impossible to change, but it's still annoying >.>

that the only houses that actually have beds are the characters, the rivals, and dawn/may.
that you and your pokémon can go on for days without eating anything
that giovanni doesnt just hire a hitman to shoot you in the head
that becuase you have pokémon you dont have to go to school
that 40 people look exactly the same (youngsters, other trainers)
that when your pokémon dont have your respect anymore, they dont eat you, just fall asleep and the only way to get their respect back is by getting a rock (badges)
that you can only have 6 pokémon at once
that wailord can make an egg with skitty (they're both the ground egg group o.O)
that theres a baby lugia in the show, but lugia cant mate
that touching something with a rock will make it evolve, but not if you make your pokémon hold it
that in some episodes, ash will have no idea what pikachu is saying and in others he'll say something like "good idea pikachu" ????
that all the police do is run back and forth waiting for night to fall so they can attack 10 year olds
that you can ride your bike non-stop and never get tired
that in that book in canalave library, it says to pick clean the bones of the Pokémon you fish and return them to the stream and they'll be alive again
that you have to collect pokédex data, yet after you catch a pokémon theres a detailed discription that you didnt write

i'll be addig more, modifying this post everytime i think of something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the last pokecenter you used in the game is across the map and your pokemon get knocked out you run al the way back to that one...

When you defeat the head of whatever horrible orginization in a pokemon battle they leave like oh no i cant do anything else when all they would have to do is carry a gun or some other weapon to scare you off

you can only sleep in a bed that belongs to you but you can get in many other beds

when you rest at your house you never o up to your room

the police are afraid of the dark

even though all of the regions are connected somehow silver version was the only one you could go back in

1) Apparently, stealing endangered legendary pokemon from their habitats and shoving them into airtight balls is just a-ok!
2) A pathetic weak fish that flops around somehow turns into a mega-beast dragon.
3) No bathrooms
4) No sleeping
5) Is it always snowing in snowpoint city, or does it stop only when you leave?
6) People don't lock their doors.
7) Do police do anything? They seem to leave the job of saving the world to irresponsible ten-year-olds.
8. Those ten-year-olds have horrible fashion senses (A beret? Really?)
9) And of course, ten-year-olds are in control of all-powerful creatures that can summon lightning and fire to obliterate people from the face of the earth.
10) Diglett's feet.

I can't think of a lot but here is a couple:
)Where do people get their food and stuff if the only stores are related to Pokemon?
)What if someone gets a disease and is in need of a hospital,do they just die without any hope?
)Howcome in Pokemon R/B/Y the tower in Lavender Town is like a Pokemon cemetery, but in G/S/C it was turned into a completely freaking pointless radio tower that you cant even go into
)Howcome in the video games,they reference the fact that Pokemon eat other Pokemon although they NEVER exploit that in the anime?

I've been thinking about a few.

1. When there's an area with special weather effects, there's always a point where the weather changes from -for example- rain to sun, and back to rain when you move one step back.

2. Why do some PKMN only evolve with stones? It doesn't do any good to them. Also, to wild PKMN, it might mean they'll never evolve.

3. Your PKMN's happines doesn't decrease when they're in their Pokeballs. I don't think it's nice to be in a apple-sized airtight ball for hours. And what happens when a Pokeball breaks with a pokemon in it? Will the PKMN stay pocketsized forever? Or be released into the wild again?

4. Evil PKMN teams will always battle you according to the rules. 1 to 1 or 2 to 2. They've already broken the law by stealing and illegal operations and experiments. Why not break the PKMN rules as well and loosen all six PKMN on a other PKMN? Or make your PKMN K.O. a Trainer so his PKMN don't know what to do?

5. And last but not least: Food. I've been running a PKMN Emerald game for years, and my character hasn't eaten for weeks now. Litteraly. How do they do it?

[quote author=lizardman974 link=topic=6528.msg114657#msg114657 date=1248370195]
Also, who puts items in pokeballs then leaves them on the ground?
And why don't you get to keep the Pokeball?
[/quote]

Actually they're probably not pokeballs. I've been playing Coliseum for a bit, and I've found that the "pokeballs" are actually little lunchbox things that are painted sort of like pokeballs. I guess that from the overworld perspective it looks like a pokeball. :p

one thing I have to put out....

a 10 year old can go out on his own without any survival techniques, and yet go through 4 regions and still survive, I think Ash should be on Man Vs Wild.

Look at this part of Mewtwo's pokedex Entry: they failed to endow Mewtwo with a compassionate heart.
But yet Mewtwo can grow close to the trainer that it was caught by?

Berries, wouldn't they go off. Then you would have a bag full of rotting mush!

They say the tall grass is dangerous at the start........
080608.gif

.....then again......

1. I'm surprised my characters' haven't fallen to the ground asleep yet. Asides from the occasional rest, they never sleep...

I'm begining to think they're immortal... >.>

2. When the 'evil' team is going to do something, no matter how long ago they set out to do that, they will only do that deed when you get there.

The best example of that is when Jupiter's capturning Uxie. You go about the distance from Sunnyshore to Jublife, battle the gym leader, might go back and do some training, may go get a few ribbons, might go under ground, may not play the game for a week and when you finally get around to going in, Jupiter's still there and she's still batting your rival.

3. That with almost every single badge you get must be in a certain order (Hehee... I defied the universe by taking down Crusher Wake before Maylene....)

4. That Pokemon look like clay models.

5. That Pokemon that are supposed to be scary look pretty 'meh'. THERE'S NO POKEMON THAT MAKE PEOPLE RUN AWAY!!! A TWO YEAR OLD WOULDN'T BE SCARED OF A GROUDON!!!

6. That the 'evil' teams are idiots.

7. That Pokemon who like bitter foods do not like the bitter herbs that can heal them.

8 - whatever's already been said. See above

Oh I'm sorry, you wanted me to play a game and accept every oddity at face value while asking absolutely no questions?

Anyways, I find it weird that some Pokemon seem to be okay to eat, or something, while others aren't. Like, Ash thought about eating Magikarp, Cherubi's nub thing is supposedly sweet and tasty, things like that.

The weirdest thing to me is that not even one person knows where Pokemon eggs come from. What, every time a Pokemon Researcher tries to see it happen, some huge distraction comes and they miss it? It just shouldn't be that difficult.

Why does Barry stay outside the Battlground ALL THE TIME?

In your Villa, why do some people just walk in and listn to your Music Player?

The ninja kids. They just stay hidden 24/7 waiting for you to step on them.

They're ninjas, they don't need things like air or food or sunlight. They just wait for battle, forever.

Why is it that TMs, which can only be taught once, are the ones your Pokemon can forget, while HMs, which can be taught multiple times, need special ways to remove them?

I have more!

When 2 pokemon appear in a double battle, they don't fight each other!

If a pokemon is infatuated and the opposing pokemon attacks, it still remains infatuated!

Similarly, if a pokemon is hit by a big blow, then sometimes it still stays asleep! (Some are really heavy sleepers I guess...)

How is it that you can walk the entire continent in a little over 30 minutes?

And your mom is just fine and dandy with you traveling the world on your own with a turtle with a tree growing on it at the oh-so-mature age of ten. (I personally think she's kicking you out so she can finally sleep in a bed.)

Where's your father? (disregarding Emerald)

Why do you always conveniantly start your journey as a young new trainer where the wild Pokemon are, let's face it, not really adept at surviving. What would you do if you grew up in Sunnyshore with their level 40 wilds?

Why is there never any weather/seasons anywhere but designated areas? And what reprocussions to the environment do you make when you set things on fire, dance to make rain, summon blizzards, etc.

[quote author=DarkTypeMaster link=topic=6528.msg122304#msg122304 date=1256740314]

They're ninjas, they don't need things like air or food or sunlight. They just wait for battle, forever.

Why is it that TMs, which can only be taught once, are the ones your Pokemon can forget, while HMs, which can be taught multiple times, need special ways to remove them?
[/quote]

That's what Rowan should be studying instead of how Pokemon Evolve. ::)

Rex

Resident Furry
That you can Fly and Surf on Pokemon smaller then you.

You can spend an infinite amount of time underwater if your Pokemon knows Dive.

That a ten year old can take down a criminal mastermind, but the Police are incapable of such a feat.

That said Police run in circles all day and attack children at night.

Worms are the only non pokemon creature mentioned in the anime (from what i know)
When Prof. Oak gives Ash Pikachu, he says the early bird gets the worm, in this case the Pokemon when Ash tries to get Squirtle. and when Ash catches Pidgeotto, it is eating a worm.

You can talk to a guy then go surf and a Pokemon that hasn't been discovered exists and is still not discovered (Missingno. Yes I know it's a glitch, just pointing it out)
Team Galactic didn't learn from their grunt about locking the door to keep twerps out.
The Galactic Bomb is the only weapon ever used/mentioned...ever. (sides an episode that was banned in the US)
Minnesota is the only real place ever mentioned. (The First Movie)

That's all for now.

Worms are the only non pokemon creature mentioned in the anime (from what i know)

Nah, there were a few other references to real world animals--especially in the first season. For example, real world fish were seen in the Cerulean Gym and in the Maiden's Peak episodes, they showed a ferret.

[quote author=Blisk link=topic=6528.msg123787#msg123787 date=1258417391]
[/quote]

They also mention Hollywood and in the journals in Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, it mentions Mew being discovered in South America. Xatu's Pokedex entry also mentions South America.

*Quits being a geek now.

Nah, there were a few other references to real world animals--especially in the first season. For example, real world fish were seen in the Cerulean Gym and in the Maiden's Peak episodes, they showed a ferret.

[/quote]

They also mention Hollywood and in the journals in Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, it mentions Mew being discovered in South America. Xatu's Pokedex entry also mentions South America.

*Quits being a geek now.
[/quote]

Well I haven't seen a lot of the first season. I'm on episode like 20. And I forgot bout Cerulean Gym. I am sorry for my misinformation.

There were also birds, I think.

Wattson's badge is called the Dynamo Badge, yet DynamicPunch is a Fighting-type move.

That isn't so strange. a 'Dynamo' refers to an electric generator and is not to be confused with the adjective 'dynamic' which can mean 'with flair' or 'highly aesthetic'

I think its strange how there are a lot of single mothers in the Pokemon world. As far as the games go, only Hoenn has a player character that actually has a father. Sinnohm on the other hand has Palmer, who is your rival's father. With that said, why do all the fathers have to be famous people in the Pokemon world? Is it so difficult to make a stay-at-home dad NPC that says the same line over and over again?

And that's another thing. You can travel across the world, fight bad guys and suspicious adults, conquer an international sport and save the universe. But does anyone really care? Not even your own mom bothers to appreciate your efforts. Heck, there's only one person in the entire region who remembers your birthday (and how they do so is weird in that you've only just met and never had the chance to have a proper conversation with one another outside talking about Pokemon)

edit:
suspicious.png

Well, we know who the father is...​

[quote author=Vexen link=topic=6528.msg123808#msg123808 date=1258437530]
Well, we know who the father is...
But we already know that Giovanni is Silver's father. But I do see the close resemblence
[/quote]
Well duh, but she's obviously the mum (if she is a chick)

[quote author=Blisk link=topic=6528.msg123989#msg123989 date=1258583871]
[quote author=Vexen link=topic=6528.msg123808#msg123808 date=1258437530]
Well, we know who the father is...
But we already know that Giovanni is Silver's father. But I do see the close resemblence
[/quote]
Well duh, but she's obviously the mum (if she is a chick)
[/quote]
She is a chick, just checked. She and Giovanni could have had him, but then gotten divorced because they both were part of different organizations with different goals. (this is just fan speculation.)