• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

What web browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Opera

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Safari

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
First of all, if a thread like this already exists, I'm sorry.
Anyways, what web browser do you use? Why?
I use Firefox because it's the best for private navigation and you don't get tracked. It also fits perfectly with Linux.
I'm trying Opera too, which is in my opinion underrated. It is fast but also lightweight.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Chrome on all devices I have that can use it. I'm not too sure why besides that I was recommended to use it by my friends ages ago, but it does the job well.

(You'd think that as a computer science major I'd actually know a bit more about the differences between operating systems and the pros and cons of each one, but nope.)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Firefox here, and I shall probably stick with it for the foreseeable future. I trust Microsoft's browsers as far as I can throw them and my few user experiences with Chrome made me develop somewhat of a deep dislike for it. My phone runs on Chrome, but that's because it's a Nexus 4 and Chrome comes the standard browser of that. I don't care enough about mobile browsing to actively look for another option. XP

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I mostly use Firefox on my PC/work PC/laptop because I tend to have less issues with it than the other browsers (and I'm a creature of habit), but I also use Chrome for specific sites that Firefox doesn't like and Safari on my iPad/iPhone. It might be my imagination but Safari tends to feel quicker on my Apple devices than Chrome.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I use Safari primarily on all of my devices, but for development work I use Chrome ('cos Safari's web developer tools are rubbish).

I also have to use literally every browser for testing websites in my job, but that's not really normal browsing

The only web browser I ever use is Google Chrome, since I find it nice to look at and easy to use. I sometimes use Internet Explorer on my mobile phone but only on very rare occasions.