• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Weapons in Videogames

What are some of you favorite weapons in or items in videogames?

Here's my favorites

Energy Swoard Halo Series
M1 Garand World At War
SCAR-H Modern Warfare 2
Ray Gun Black Ops
Portal Gun Portal Series
lol gun (fully upgraded machine gun) Bioshock
Lancer Gears of War Series

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I love the Gunblades and Magun, from FF8/FFU - Time for some real weapons in here I think.

Psi Blades, Disruption Beam, Particle Disrupters, Psionic Storm, Warp Blades, Phase Disrupters, Thermal Lance, Ion Cannons, Prismatic Beam, Interceptors and Purifier Beams.

Protoss love ♥ - From SC2 :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I mentioned this game in a previous topic, but Rise of the Triad > every other game in existence when it comes to weapons. While some of the weapons, mainly the pistol, machine gun and bazooka are fairly bog-standard, later levels start to bring in weapons on par with Doom's BFG9000 in terms of power.

The Drunk Missile is the first of such silly weapons encountered in the game. The thing sprays about 5-6 homing missiles out at once per shot, effectively obliterating every enemy the missiles manage to sniff out (usually everyone on the screen.) It's the easiest "superweapon" to use in RotT, minus the last one which I'll get to later. Just to make the Drunk Missile even nastier, its fire rate is abnormally high for a rocket launcher; it fires almost as fast as most pistols in today's FPS games, which is brutal given that the thing is belching out at least 5 homing missiles per shot.

The Firebomb is quite difficult to use effectively since the blast radius of the missile is so wide it's very easy to get caught in your own missile blast, which unfortunately means instant death for you if you aren't careful. The weapon fires out a single missile per shot which generates a massive, cross-shaped fire blast upon contact with an object, living or otherwise. If the missile itself doesn't get the kill, the fire blast certainly will do since it does significantly more damage than the missile itself, and the flames are large enough to annihilate, once again, an entire screen's worth of enemies in a single shot.

The Flamewall is exactly what it says on the tin. It fires a missile that, unlike most, doesn't inflict splash damage to the wielder if they aim it directly at the floor. What it does do is unleash an enormous, fast-moving wall of flames that incinerates every enemy in its path, complete with a comedic xylophone sound effect as their charred skeletons crumble to the ground. Again, got an entire army of enemies charging towards you? One shot from this thing will kill them all. The weapon's only weakness is that it only unleashes the flame wall if it hits the floor - if the missile hits a wall or even an enemy, it simply explodes with no more effect than a regular bazooka missile. Fortunately, this issue can be avoided by simply aiming the thing directly at the floor (as mentioned earlier) and firing it directly in front of your character's feet.

The best weapon in this game, and the best weapon I've ever seen in a video game (ever) is Godfire. If you thought wiping out an entire screen of enemies was good enough, Godfire makes even that seem like nothing. Not only does it kill all the enemies on the screen with a single hit, but also kills all the other enemies it can sniff out in the room too. The homing ability is so strong that even if it's pointed and fired in the complete opposite direction to your enemies, the blast will immediately pass right through you and obliterate everyone behind you. A blind man could beat the entire game with this weapon, no exaggeration...because not only does it have infinite ammunition, it also makes the wielder completely invulnerable to damage. Now, of course there has to be a catch for such an overpowered weapon, and there is: the weapon will disappear after two minutes once picked up, although there is a cheat code that lets you use it permanently (surprise surprise.) Best weapon in gaming ever - it's as close to an I-Win Button as a weapon can get without actually being one.

Unreal Tournament's Redeemer gets a honorary mention, and for anyone that's played UT, you'll know exactly why.

Devil May Cry 3 - Ebony and Ivory(Handguns)
Devil May Cry 4 - Rebellion and Red Queen
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga - Electric Powers(Not sure if this counts)
Crash Bandicoot: Warped - Wumpa Fruit Cannon

i dont play too many games with weapons but here they are

home-run bat: ssb series
bumper: ssb series
beam sword: ssb series again…
bob-omb: mario series
star rod: kirby's adventure

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Favorite weapons and favorite items... This is a really hard question.
I'd say any life bottle or Phoenix down is my friend.
As for weapons I'd go with Dein Nomos, from Tales of Vesperia.That thing looks so sick, it even has a hole in the middle. It's red. For blood. There's statues of it throughout the game and an entire kingdom depends on this sword.
And a BAMF weilds it for the entire game! It also can dispel aer, and can make the wielder even more powerful if all 9 (if I remember correctly) devils arms are collected.
What's not to love about this sword?

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
Well my favorite items are Recovery Items,but that's everyone's favorite
As for the weapons
Combat Arms: Jackhammer,Dual Skorpions,F2000 and M67AP Mine
S4 League: Plasma Sword,Counter Sword,Breaker,EXO Scythe,Submachine Gun,Revolver,Sharpshooter and Senty Nell
Mario & Luigi RPG: Thunderhand,Hammer,Shooting Star,Snack Basket
Legend of Zelda: Fourth Sword and Boomerang
Kirby: Sword Kirby,Boomerang Kirby,Star Rod
LEGO Star Wars Advance: Lightsabers

Skyrim: Ebony Battleaxe. It's retired now, but I enchanted it with fire, and it sliced enemies like a hot knife through butter :p Plus it looks so badass.

The Ratchet & Clank series has tons of weapons, but let me narrow down my favourites:

R&C 1: Devistator! I loved it's enemy seeking rockets. Then there's the R.Y.N.O, which wrecks Drek in a matter of seconds.

R&C 2: The Heavy Bouncer helped me through the last parts of the game with high damage balls of doom. The Plasma Storm was good for taking out groups, too. Then of course the R.Y.N.O II killed the final boss in seconds.

Panstyx

Formerly ShinyFlareon123
Here it is:
Gallaghorn: Destiny basegame rocket launcher exotic
Mida (Multi-Tool): Destiny base game scout rifle exotic
Vestian Dynasty: Destiny House of Wolves side arm legendary
Katana: Left 4 Dead 2 Base game Melee
Portal Gun: Portal 1\2
Enchanted Diamond sword: Minecraft
Big Bertha: Minecraft Crazy Craft
Ultimate Bow: Minecraft Crazy Craft

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Invective

in·vec·tive
inˈvektiv/
noun
noun: invective
1. Insulting, abusive, or highly critical language.
"He let out a stream of invective"
Synonyms: abuse, insults, expletives, swear words, swearing, curses, foul language, foul language, vituperation;

2. An Exotic-rarity shotgun from the video game Destiny, acquired via a quest chain requiring several noteworthy feats in both PvE and PvP. The weapon is fully automatic, allowing the user to fire multiple rounds into a target in a single second. Most noteworthy of all is the "Golden Age" technology that allows the weapon to regenerate its ammunition steadily over time, effectively allowing for infinite ammo in most situations. As KoL likes shotguns very much anyway, this weapon quickly became his favourite after it seemed to annihilate everything he aimed it at.
"I got pwnt by some guy using Invective in Iron Banner"
Synonyms: pwnage, rekt, win, awesome;

The royal gardian sword - minecraft (orespawn mod)

The blade of Awe - adventure quest worlds

Spear and chain - mortal kombat (scorpion's weapon)

Shovel blade - shovel knight

Plasma cannon - halo

Doom blade - adventure quest worlds

Legendary dragon sword - adventure quest worlds

Blade of chaos - adventure quest worlds

Pokemon- Mega Rayquaza

Final Fantasy- Buster Sword

Super Smash Bros.- Smash Ball/Falcon Punch

Soul Caliber- Soul Edge

Undertale- Mercy? (Does this count?)

In Baten Kaitos, there's a character named Lyude. His whole thing is that he's a gunner, but all of his attacks are named after musical terms.

As a result, all of his weapons are brass instruments that shoot energy balls from them. Except during his finishing attack Sforzando, where he runs up to an enemy and just starts beating them up with his trumpet.

I don't think I need to tell you how amazing it is.

Ok I know this is gonna sound weird.

Ok here it goes.

Halo: The Skulls, And the Flags

Now this may seem odd, but the skulls and the flags are some of the most powerful weapons in the franchise. Mostly because they kill in one to two hits, and they have Infinite ammo. Also it's really great when you bash in a persons skull with the skull whilst saying over Xbox live, "Too be, or Naw?"

Call of Duty, Black Ops 1:The M1911 Colt

This pistol is a decent gun. When using the silencer however it's like shooting Marshmallows at a Juggernaut. But with Dual wield, Extended mag, or Slight of hand, this shiny chrome Pistol becomes a deadly adversary. I've gone 10-1 with this gun. The only reason I stopped was the lack of ammo.

Assassins Creed Series: Hidden Blade, Bowcaster Blade, And Axe Blade.

Although the First one is pretty neat, the Bowcaster blade is one of the coolest weapons in The AC series. Not only can it fire normal blades, but even poisoned ones, and multiple at a time. Also the AC3 Axe is just amazing to use.

0-0

easy;
Portal gun, portal 1 and 2
mp7, black ops 2 zombies
excalabastard, borderlands pre-sequel
Frying pan, Left 4 dead 1 and 2
covenant grenades, Halo series
Galatine, Warframe
Master sword, Legend of zelda
Fireball, Mario
Robin's wind sword, Smash bros wii u
Masterball, Pokemon (it's one of the best items in the game)

Fallout-4-Junk-Jet-01.jpg

Because there is nothing like slaughtering packs of ferals with your teddy bear collection.